size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
08-12-2015, 04:19 PM

The little adventure had an idea, one she was eager to implement. She hadn't been back to her fathers home since Motif had returned there to bring her home to Abaven and her father had come with, turning three wolves into a family! She had good memories about the place, not only did it hold her fathers history, but it was also where she had first met him, first gotten to know him. It was where she had found her feather, with her fathers help.
With a touch of trepidation, she hesitated when she reached the sand bridge, glancing behind her, at lands that had become her main home, then back to her fathers birth land. She puffed up her chest, grinned widely, and took that first step. After that it was easy-peasy, she danced along the sand bridge, half running with her excitement until she was across the other side. She hadn't been her in years and her memory of the place was fuzzy, where should she start?

The beach was a logical choice, after all that was where her fondest memories lay, she had spent hours playing in the surf with her father watching over her. She made her way over to it, sniffing, and glancing about as she did so. Would she meet any native wolves? Members of her fathers family? It was an exciting and scary thought, mostly because her father never mentioned his family and even when she had lived here she hadn't been introduced to them.

"speech"  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Mithras

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
player
08-12-2015, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2015, 06:37 PM by Mithras.)

Mithras grumbled and scuffed a paw across the sand. The previous few moons had been a real pain in the ass, and he wasn't above showing his frustration to anyone willing to watch. 'Moping' was such a strong word, but he was certainly in a funk. He hadn't seen Caia or Faria for so long, and he was slowly being driven loony with worry. The winter months had seem him weakened, sick, and stranded farther from his new home than he'd ever been before. If not for a few kind strangers, the behemoth didn't know where he'd be. Of course... he'd lost track of them too. He sat down with a huff. The Diamáchi had been good to him, and if he ever found his sister and friend he planned on introducing them, only... That had to come first. It was nearly summer, and his strength had returned. It was time.

A flash of motion caught his eye, and he turned his broad head to see a dark fae moving near the surf a ways down the shoreline. She seemed bigger than most but it was hard to tell from the distance, her coat dark, perhaps black or cobalt. His lips turned up, curiosity driving him forwards as he picked himself up off the sand and minced forwards. She sure was a pretty thing! He cleared his throat and began to say, "Što nosi nekoj kako-!" before forcing himself to switch to the language more commonly spoken in these lands. "Er, rather, what brings someone like you to beach like this?" It was a poor recovery after his fumble, but he hoped the foreign tongue might endear her to him. Because really, who didn't like foreign guys anyways? He quirked a brow and waited for her reaction.

(Hover over speech text for translation)

"Talk" "You" Think

NOTE: Caia,  Faria, and his children are allowed in all of Mithras' thread, regardless of their status. If you're threading with him, expect them as well!

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

08-12-2015, 08:41 PM
She wouldn't notice the monstrous titan until he called out to her. His rich voice startling her from her wonderings and before she even turned to see him she was puzzling over his words. The dialect was strange and unfamiliar, catching her off guard. She had expected anyone she encountered to speak in her father's tongue and, she hesitated questioning if he could be a native or not. She had such a tiny experience to go on, knowing only her father and with nothing to compare him to she didn't know if anything about shai could be the norm here. For all she knew, there could be multiple dialects spoken in this part of ala, language could be an oddity here, because truly... what did she know about its people?

When she got past her confusion of his speech she would realize that this man was a GIANT, far bigger then her daddy and by the gods was he a wonder to look at. She let out a breath of surprise, and opened her mouth, before closing it again. No, her silly mouth had already tried that on her once, to open and exclaim someone's beuty out loud. She wouldn't be letting it try that again. Still, he was amazing and her bright nature needed to exclaim it. "Oh... by the stars" she whispered, which was an oddly appropriate way of greeting him, this star-touched giant. "I.. was raised here, for a couple months anyway. I wanted to come back and see it again. What brings you here, that language... it's not a branch off of the native one for southern alacritis, right? It dosent sound close enough" she explained, her grasp of the language might be a little rusty, but she had been raised to it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Mithras

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
player
08-12-2015, 10:56 PM

MITHRAS AERIS
It was hard for him to say for sure, but either Mithras came off as less awkward than he'd fears or this female was really, really blown away by him. He chose to opt for the latter, though both were kind to his ego and perhaps unnecessarily so. Still, on the inside he preened like a proud mother hen and chuckled. "Raised here, hmm?" His voice was smooth and deep, at last losing the crack of a juvenile now that he was nearly into his second year of life. "I envy you. I've only been here a short while." He would not mention the Diamáchi who had been fostering him, because he knew not every wolf was incredibly fond of them, and he didn't want to pick a fight just then.

At least thanks to them his familiarity with the local languages had increased tenfold. "I am not from here, but you may have guessed that already. I'm looking for my siblings, perhaps you could lend me some assistance?" He was laying on the charm as thick as he knew how, partially because he thought the fae quite attractive and partially because he really did need to find the girls. "Their pelts are like mine, one purple and one blue. Have you seen them?" He knew one good thing about hunting for wolves like Caia and Faria was that if the locals saw them, they sure as shit remembered. A case of mistaken identity was unlikely to delay him this go around.

"Talk" "You" Think

NOTE: Caia,  Faria, and his children are allowed in all of Mithras' thread, regardless of their status. If you're threading with him, expect them as well!

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

08-14-2015, 03:38 PM

She was facing him fully now, all of her attention on this new stranger. Thus far, her experience with strangers was that they went on to be amazing friends or tutors. She had high expectations for this brightly colored gentleman and was grinning easily, as she titled her head and listened to him. She found her eyes tracing the gold pattern on his face, its soft curls and flourishes highlighted the oddly different tones his eyes bore. “Well, that's not surprising, not many people seem to come here, or that I know about. People have heard about Southern Alacritis, but so few have explored it” she explained, she wondered if that was because of the natives that where suppose to live here. Not that she had seen any, she had expected to encounter at least one upon crossing the land bridge. Where were her fathers people?

Next, the stranger would request her assistance, and her eyes lit up. She had met many a wolf on her travels, could any of them have been his siblings? Hmm... likely not if they all bore his size and coloration, they where the most unique she had seen so far. “I'm sorry, I've never seen anyone like you before. But I'll happily go exploring with you a while to see if we can find a trail of them?” she offered easily. “I'm Shaye by the way, Shaye Destruction” she introduced herself, tilting her head again as she looked at him, waiting to see if he would in turn give his own name.

"speech"  

Mithras

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
player
08-16-2015, 09:21 AM

Mithras couldn't help but smile at the girl's jovial nature, and his mood slowly took a turn for the better. She claimed that not many people set foot in the southern continent, something he'd noticed and appreciated during his time there, but it certainly didn't make his job any easier. She surprised him with an offer to come along; he'd only meant to ask her for a moment of her time, he didn't want to be a bother, but if she wanted to... He grinned broadly. "A pleasure to meet you, Shaye," he would say with a broad sweeping bow that could only be meant for humor. After all, if they spent any amount of time together the girl would likely realize he was hardly a brute for formalities or pesky manners. "And I'm Mithras Aeris!" He stood up straight and scanned the ocean's horizon line, watching the waves. He knew sometimes you could see dolphins playing in the surf, or whales breaching farther out.

Before he got too distracted her turned back to Shaye, almost able to look her dead on without looking down, a pleasant change of pace. "Now that we're properly acquainted," he began, "Where to next? As far as I know, they could be anywhere." She sounded like she knew the land well enough, or at least could speak on how populated it was. Perhaps it would be better to follow her lead for a while. He felt a scuttling on his foot and looked down to see a hermit crab trying to climb up and over her oversized paw, which he jerked away with a muttered curse. He'd been pinched by the devils before and no thank you, not again! "Do you live around here?" He asked, trying to get back one last time. "Any idea where we should start?" He shot her yet another smile, eager not only to get going but to get to know someone new. And she seemed friendly to boot, which was always a bonus!

"Talk" "You" Think

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

08-16-2015, 12:29 PM
She giggled as he bowled before her, he had adequate form, and his head lowered enough to befit a princess - she couldn't help but notice. She easily slipping into his humor, with sparkling eyes she grinned up at the larger man. "The pleasure is all mine, Mr Mithros Aeris of the stars" she dipped her head in a more subtle and regal form of a bow. She would follow the gaze or his eyes then, and turned herself to see the ocean, it was vast and wonderful and not a sight she was likely to tire of any time soon. The sight gave her a feeling of nistelga, reminding her of her father and their time here.

Her eyes snapped back to him as be spoke again, and her lips twitched in further humor as he described them as properly acquainted. She let herself become a little more serious next as he asked where they should begin. She knew this land better then most, even if that wasn't much to go on, and she raked her mind trying to think of an adiquite place to start. She had let her eyes winder again and returned them to him as he twitched. It was such an amusingly subtle motion and she hid another grin, at least he hadn't jumped and squealed like a girl. "No, I live a fair distance away I returned for the nostalgia" she joked, humming a little as the considered. "There are a few places of height, perhaps we can begin there, look for any traces of them and give you a good idea of the lay of the land, perhaps then you might have some insight on a place they would explore"