ardent

dance with me on mars (clothing optional)

Cascade

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Samhain 2022The Ooze Participant
08-21-2015, 06:04 AM
I don't want to rest in peace
I'd rather be the ghost that annoys you

Well, Cas was in a much better mood. Maybe it was just her heat cycle making her emotions bounce so violently, but she was back to her normal cheerful self... and more. She was feeling frisky and more than a little restless, and barring soothing her heat with sex she would have to find some other exciting things to do to burn off energy. And she'd come up with just the thing. It was genius, really, brilliant, if she did say so herself. All she had to do was get Valen on board with the whole plan. The best part was - it would actually be pack related. Fulfilling her duties as a Et Uxor, all the while having a wildly fun time with her best friend, who happened to be the alpha anyway so it all worked out right? It was, in a word, brilliant. Yes, yes. Lifting her muzzle she sent out a howl, calling for Valen excitedly. Oh, say yes Valen, please please please.

"Speech"
I hope you can make me laugh
Six feet down when we're bored of each other
Cascade's "baby daddy" (Valentine) and her children (Angelus, Seraphim, Evangeline, and Chaos) are allowed in any of her threads, regardless of whether or not they are marked private. Because they are all special rays of sunshine.

Help keep my thread list updated so your thread isn't forgotten!

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
08-21-2015, 05:53 PM

Eh? What was this? Valentine's ears pricked forward as the tail end of Cascade's call echoed across the packlands. He wasted no time in rising and setting off to meet her. She sounded enthused about something and he could only guess at what was on her mind. The real question was whether or not he should be alarmed by her enthusiasm or excited by it.

Curiosity made his pace brisk and in no time at all he was standing before her. Out of breath and panting hard, he grinned at her. His eyebrows rose in a question, but he didn't voice his thoughts yet. It was too hot to just be standing there. Summer was here and in full swing, and the heat beat down on the dark-coated wolf without mercy. Finding a shady spot, Valentine flopped down in it. Alright, now he was ready. "What's up, Cas?"

""

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Cascade

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

08-21-2015, 05:58 PM

And there was Valen. A grin baring her teeth and her tail wagging, she pranced over to him, only to attempt to flop down on him. "So I've been thinking," she chirped brightly, rolling over, then spoke quickly to spit out her idea before Valen could get a chance to shoot it down. "The pack's been pretty quiet, and it's been reeeeeeeeeeeally hot down here, so why don't you and I take a trip up north where it's a bit cooler? Like a vacation, only more fun because... I've been thinking... and you remember that pregnant alpha who showed up on the borders about to pop? There has to be some reason she'd be willing to risk going all this way to try to keep us out of their borders. Seriously, it couldn't have been to protect her pups because she clearly was willing to risk them by coming here to begin with, so what is it they're hiding? I think... now bear with me... I think you and I should take a bit of a jaunt up there and scout around. See what it is they're hiding up there. There has got to be something, right? And we know they're vulnerable now, with their alpha off nursing pups. It would be the perfect time to scout them. What do you think?" She grinned at him, clearly very pleased with herself.

"Speech"
Cascade's "baby daddy" (Valentine) and her children (Angelus, Seraphim, Evangeline, and Chaos) are allowed in any of her threads, regardless of whether or not they are marked private. Because they are all special rays of sunshine.

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

08-21-2015, 06:09 PM

Cascade, in all her purple-tinged, heat soaking, black furred glory, flopped down on top of him. She smashed down all of his too hot fur and with her body heat seeping into him, Valentine wondered if he was going to roast in his own skin. Her weight wasn't terrible, but nonetheless he groaned like she was going to squash the life from him.

”So I've been thinking,” he couldn't resist interjecting here with a playfully groaned, "Uh oh." And away she went, powering through an idea she'd had and her reasoning behind suggesting it. When she said all she had to say and fell quiet silence reined for several long seconds as he considered her idea. Cascade had a point. "Hm," he rumbled thoughtfully, "I think you're right; it's worth investigating."

""

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Cascade

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

08-21-2015, 06:21 PM

His put-upon groan drew a wicked grin from Cascade, and she sought to rub herself all over him like a cat, mussing up his dark fur and spreading her body heat and scent all over him. Let him go around smelling like pheromones for a while eh? But his words caused her to immediately roll to her feet and she was up like a shot. "Yes! I am really looking forward to getting out of this heat. And," she added, her muzzle crinkling in faint distaste, "I really didn't trust those two anyway. There's just something so off about someone that heavily pregnant doing all that. We should keep the group small," she went on, her mind already ticking over, already planning, pacing back and forth despite the heat that engulfed them both. "You, me... should we bring another warrior just in case things get dicey? Probably shouldn't be more than three though or it wouldn't be very easy to sneak." Pausing her musing, she tilted her head to glance at him nearly upside down. Her mismatched eyes gleamed in excitement, a slightly askew grin as her tongue lolled out. "Can we go now? Just think, it's probably so much colder up there," she added coaxingly.

""

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

08-21-2015, 06:30 PM

What on earth- Valentine's head snapped around as Cascade started to scratch up and down his side like a big itchy bear. His words caused her to leap off of him in excitement and for her benefit he groaned again. She mentioned the heat and he snorted his agreement. It was too damn hot. What happened to spring?

"That was weird, wasn't it?" What exactly had brought the pair to their borders? Surely that Arian woman wasn't just that dumb and desperate to think coming to Imperium, as pregnant as she had been, was a good idea all things considered? "Adding one more to our little scouting party is a good idea," he agreed as he watched her pace.

Her excitement was contagious; in his excitement Valentine rolled to his paws. He didn't give up his shade, but he kneaded the ground underfoot and shifted his weight from paw to paw. "The sooner the better. Who should we take though? As far as experience goes, I think Mercy or Birna would round our trio out nicely." He hummed to himself thoughtfully. "Birna," he decided finally. "I want to see her in action. It'll be a good test."

""

Cascade

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

08-21-2015, 06:42 PM

Anticipation nearly made her bounce in place, but Cascade restrained herself - firstly because she didn't want to present quite that an undignified front, and mostly because it was just too damned hot to jump anywhere. Instead she stood, relaxed and grinning, as he mused about who to add to their party. He finally arrived on Birna, who Cascade assumed had been the stranger at the meeting, citing his desire to see her in action and likely because he already knew very well how Mercy could handle herself. "Sounds good to me," she agreed. "I'm a bit curious myself - I left while you were testing her at the meeting so I didn't get a chance to see how she fought. Not that I'm expecting to need to fight," she added. Scout's honor. "But it'd be good to know how she does outside a spar too. Want to call her? She won't know my voice yet, and the sooner we get started the better, right?"

""

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

08-21-2015, 06:53 PM

Cascade offered no objections to his choice of accomplice. Good. It was settled then. Birna struck him as a very capable warrior. That had been his first impression upon meeting her and her spar with Mercy only solidified that belief. She would do well in Imperium. "She's pretty good," he commented absently. ...and the sooner we get started the better, right?" Valentine nodded firmly, an impish grin quirking up the corners of his lips. He was excited for this. It was about time Imperium made a name for itself. "Right." Without further ado, the King tipped back his head and called for Birna.

""

Birna I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
08-21-2015, 06:56 PM

Birna was returning from patrol, panting slightly as she reached her den.  The summer sun was beating down far to hot for her liking, thank goodness she had tomorrow's morning patrol when the air would be blessedly cooler.  Her large frame and thick pelt were geared more for northern living.  Just as she was about to retire for a nap she heard the alpha's summons.  Without a second thought she took off in a run to answer the call.  It was almost instinctive for her regardless of the urgency of the call though this one did not sound to terribly alarmed.  Either way it was not in her nature to dally when summoned by her superiors.

Birna quickly arrived and stood at attention in front of Valentine and also Cascade.  This matter must be of utmost importance. "Rex, you summoned me?"

"Speech"

[Image: 262ny8g.png]

Cascade

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

08-21-2015, 07:07 PM

Cascade paced impatiently forever, though in reality Birna didn't keep them waiting hardly at all, appearing with a militaristic correctness that Cascade both approved of and wondered mischievously if she could ruffle. Spinning to face the taller woman Cascade sent her a cheeky grin. "Birna! How would you like to join Valentine and I for a bit of covert reconnaissance? There's a pack up north that's been acting really suspiciously and we're heading up to investigate. We could use a good warrior at our back." She quirked her brow happily at Valen, her anticipation for the mission clear, but she could see his interest was piqued as well. It was going to be great, to get Valen out of pack lands with her for a little while and just have fun (while helping out the pack of course) instead of being caught up in their own little worlds between her attention being on the kids and his on Rhythm, and just being alpha. It'd be healthy for him to get out and do something to get a little excitement and danger in his life instead of the same-old, same-old, wouldn't it? Or was she just projecting her own needs on him?

""

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

08-21-2015, 08:49 PM

They didn't wait long; the newest addition to Imperium's forces arriving in a timely manner. "Rex, you summoned me?" He nodded as Cascade began to explain the situation to the giantess and continued, every once in a while, to nod firmly in emphasis. The Sonticus wolves had behaved suspiciously and Valentine and Cascade could use another capable warrior. The King studied the tall woman, watching for early signs that she was for or against the idea. Cascade finished and turned to beam up at him, causing a flash of a grin to momentarily brightened his features. Her enthusiasm was contagious, and he had to fight to rein his in. It would be easy to get carried away, to let himself lead their little party into danger on a giddy high and forgo caution entirely. "If you're in, we're leaving now."

""

Birna I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
08-21-2015, 09:01 PM

Cascade would be the first to speak and Birna would listen with rapt attention, brow furrowing slightly in concentration.  A covert reconnaissance?  She agreed that if there was suspcious activity up north it should definitely be investigated but should it really be the alpha pair doing the investigating?  Surely Birna could lead a small band herself…. well… then again.  Birna did not know many of her fellow pack members terribly well but judging from the dressing down at the meeting there we a a fair few that needed to be whipped into shape and many more who were only yearlings and somewhat inexperienced.  Still though…. the two highest ranking wolves going on such a mission?  This could get dicey.

Birna's face rested in cool contemplation for a moment before she spoke.  "I agree that suspicious behavior should be investigated for the safety of the pack.  Though I must admit I am concerned that our two highest ranking members are doing the investigating.  Are you sure this is a wise course of action?  I mean no disrespect of course.  If you feel this is the best course of action than I am in." If the ruling pair was determined to partake in this mission than Birna would insist she be there to help guard them.  It was her duty after all.

"Speech"

[Image: 262ny8g.png]

Cascade

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

08-21-2015, 09:17 PM

Valentine's enthusiasm seemed to match her own, and she shared his grin and a wag of her tail. Good, rather than needing to drag him along and risking him not having fun, they'd both be having fun. Birna, however, brought up what - from an outside perspective - was probably a good point. "Don't worry about my position," she told her dismissively, though with a grin to soften it. "I'm expendable. Just the best fighter out of the interested parties, not an alpha or anything. Angelus is heir and he's old enough to take over if something happens to Valentine so he's next in line, not me. I'm just around to give Valen a hand when he needs it." She hopped over to chest-bump Valen's shoulder playfully, then threw the other warrior a wink. "Trust me, I'm more useful as a warrior than anything else. So, you in?" Without waiting for an answer, and casting a teasing look to Valen, she took off in a jaunty trot in a vaguely northerly direction. "If you think you can keep up, I mean..."

""