ardent

Timeless Wanderer

Arvandor

gems
size
build
player
08-22-2015, 02:53 AM

Large paws settled themselves one after the other, the celestial male walking with purpose yet no destination in mind. He had come from the Southern parts of the land, crossing the strip to see what lied beyond the sea. The summer heat bore down on him as he had walked, though being the size that he was, his steps were rather big as he strode along at a leisurely pace. his first destination within the mainland was quite...fascinating. The scents and scenery of the place drew him in, plants and flowers and herbs everywhere, some of which he'd never seen before. The gargantuan beast stopped near a bush of rather colorful flowers, pink with the scent of...vanilla? That was odd. But...it was rather pleasant. He decided he would remain in this area, whatever it was called, to see what other wonders lurked.

"Listen to me talk," 'and know my thoughts.'

Marina I

Loner
Unit

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
09-22-2015, 08:47 PM

The mother had some time away from her children, leaving them with the safety of her brother for the time being. Not that Marina would go very far, for she loved her family dearly, but she certainly was prone to wandering. Marina would breathe in, moving at a slow and steady pace. The lands were calm here. There was no danger, thus far, of a pack, and for that Marina was grateful. Her children were her life, and if anything happened to them Marina had no idea what she would do.

A scent, a strangers scent would hit her nose and Marina would give pause. She would flick her ears back, a whine escaping her. What was this? The scent was almost... familiar in a way. Calling to the demons of her mind. Marina would feel her heartbeat quicken, her eyes beginning to widen with anxiety. No. No this couldn't be... it couldn't be one of... them.

Marina would shake, dropping into a nearby bush as she tried to steady her breathing. She'd wait and see. If it was really one of those wolves from her past... she'd know.

"Speech"
'thoughts'

Table by:: Eve

[Image: t4ZIt0u.png]

Arvandor

gems
size
build
player
09-24-2015, 05:12 PM
He'd not detect her at all, oblivious to the fact that she was nearby. He continued to study the plants around him, identifying a few that he could possibly use but for what? In case he himself got injured? He didn't know anyone else around here, no pack to call home anymore and no others that he had met yet.

And it was as he neared the bush where the woman hid, a splash of color caught his eye. At first he thought it to be a group of flowers or herbs that he'd yet to see, and as he crouched down to sniff at it, a sneeze erupted as he then found it wasn't plant life, but a wolf. Scooting back rather quickly, he fell on his haunches at the surprise, ears perked and eyes wide in curiosity as he stared into the plants. "Excuse me, I didn't realize you were there m'am!" Who was she? No one he thought he recognized...or maybe...

Marina I

Loner
Unit

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
09-26-2015, 01:02 AM
Marina was afraid. No. Terrified. Every fiber of her bein shook. She could hardly breathe. This was a nightmare. A horrible nightmare and things were going to get worse before she woke up. There was no escaping her demons now. They had found her. They were coming to gobble her up and take her away. Marina had only been this terrified one other time... the day her parents had died.

...and he kept coming closer.

The sneeze startled her. Marina would fling back, eyes wide as a sharp  gasp left her. A scream was bitten back as Marina got to her paws. Her heartbeat was pounding in her ears, a sense of impending doom washed over her. "You're one of them... you're here to kill my babies..." Marina whined, her eyes wild. Hell, this man probably thought she was mad. But such was the broken state she was in.

Arvandor

gems
size
build
player
10-14-2015, 06:00 PM

Her reaction towards him surprised the hell out of the giant. He rose to his feet, hackles bristling in alarm at the wild stare in her eyes. Pearlescent gaze remained fixed on her, eyes trapped against his skull. What was wrong with her? And then what she said shocked him. Kill...her babies? He would never do such a thing! It was barbaric! That was what he former pack did, and so he had left only to return months later to find them all slaughtered...even the children. This woman seemed to have what he knew as a syndrome and...wait...could she be? Was she from the pack his old pack had raided? He had been young at the time, but he knew about the raid...and it had sickened him.

Stepping back a few more paces in case she sought to attack him, he regained his composure as he looked at the wild eyed woman. "I would never do such a barbaric thing!" He snarled lightly, teeth bared at her assumption. His composure was wavering, but he would not submit either. Either she would believe him or not, and if the latter he would try to make her understand. "I am not like my pack once were.. Never have been. Why do you think I would kill your children? They are innocent!"

Marina I

Loner
Unit

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
10-17-2015, 03:40 PM

She was afraid. All of her demons were coming back to haunt her, just when she thought that the nightmare was over. Marina wanted to break, just to break down and begin sobbing before this man. Beg him not to kill her, to kill her babies. The monster that lurked within her was trying to claw its way to the surface, whispering darkness in her ears. Kill. Kill him and then he won't be able to take her children. Marina was fighting that voice. She didn't want to be like that never, ever again.

He claimed that he would do no such thing. She tried to listen to his words, to focus on them. If... If his words were true... no... had he been lying he would have attacked her outright. Marina would swallow hard, trying to compose herself. The man probably thought she was a lunatic... and maybe... somewhere deep down... she was.

"I'm so sorry I just... the smell... I... I thought..." Marina would shake her head. "Are... are you telling the truth?"

"Listen to me talk,"'but read my thoughts.'

Table by:: Keno

Arvandor

gems
size
build
player
11-05-2015, 07:26 PM

He studied the colorful femme as he kept his unmoving posture. He was forcing himself to relax despite the screaming of his instincts to keep on his defenses. But he was sure that would spur her into attacking him, not that he was incredibly worried. He was a huge man, easily able to overpower most. But the strength of one who feared for their life could often times be stronger. Fear often fueled ones strength, adrenaline driving them relentlessly, and insanity voiding them of any sense. He had death with such creatures before, but this woman was only fueled by fear...at least, that he could see anyway.

Pearlescent gaze kept wary, guarding his own fear of her potentially attacking him. Ears slightly lifted at her question, but the apology was not missed. So...after all this time, he still smelled of what he tried to leave behind? It was their fault. Not his. How could he explain this to her? Calmly, he lowered himself to his belly, twisting his cranium towards the ground, the male exposed his throat. This was something he would never ever do, but it was his last resort to show he meant no harm to her. If she so chose to try and kill him there, he would fight. He was no fool, but he was ready for anything. "I don't wish to harm you, or your children. I've long ago abandoned the ways of my old pack, even after their deaths. I wish to wipe away those memories and start fresh."

Marina I

Loner
Unit

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
11-05-2015, 09:34 PM

His actions were submissive, the ultimate act of submitting. The massive male offered unto the femme his throat, and had she been in a worse state of mind, back in the way she once was, she might have taken the chance to slay him. But Marina wasn’t in the mode of Rainbow Syndrome... No... She was just afraid. Deathly afraid. She didn’t want a repeat of what had happened in her childhood, and, it seemed that it would not be the case.

“You’re telling the truth...” Marina spoke those words allowed, as though to truly reassure herself of the fact. The femme would lower herself to the earth as well before the male, keeping her ears lowered. She was still shaking heavily, speaking softly. “Thank Celeste and Nox for this... I... Your old pack... They destroyed my family once... I was... I was so scared it would happen again...” Marina would admit, keeping her voice low.

“I’m sorry... For accusing you...” Was she too quick to trust this man? But... There was such a light of sincerity in his eyes... “My name is Marina.. Marina Agatsuma. What might your name be?”

"Listen to me talk,"'but read my thoughts.'

Table by:: Keno

Arvandor

gems
size
build
player
11-20-2015, 09:53 PM

He waited for what seemed like painstakingly long moments. Would she attack? Would she believe him? If she attacked, he would react to defend himself. If not...well, he would have to wait and see. At last, her words would bring him to let loose a low and almost quiet sigh. He hadn't realized he was holding his breath, but now it passed his lips as he looked at her with the same sincerity and truth he had held before exposing himself.

Slowly, he rolled over onto his stomach as she settled onto hers. Dirt clung to his white coat, but he didn't mind it right now. He nodded firmly, assuring her what he said was true. He didn't know her, and never in his life had he ever hurt someone who didn't deserve it. What his pack had done before...he was ashamed to even be related to them. But they were done, their dark souls were laid to rest in the Pits of hell. He briefly shook his head as she spoke her worries, a sort of sadness in his eyes when he remembered the day his pack had raided hers. He was young then, and was appalled at the idea when the elders mentioned it. "I'm not like them."

She apologized, and in turn he would quickly respond. "It's alright. I don't blame you for being cautious, especially if you have little ones around." He offered a small smile as she told him her name. Marina? He'd never heard of her before. But the resemblance she had to the ones slaughtered that day was unmistakable. "My name is Arvandor Belthil. It is nice to meet you, Miss Marina. I apologize for startling you earlier. It wasn't my intention."

Marina I

Loner
Unit

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
11-23-2015, 03:19 PM

“I’m not like them.”

The femme would give a nod. She was glad... Relieved. Relieved that he wasn’t like them. She didn’t want to have to resort back to the way she was before. To be that monster that lurked deep within her heart, her spirit. The female would breathe out slowly, thankful that he understood. She would do anything for her little ones. Zephyra, Nixie, Kaitlyn, and Ren alike. They were all so special, so precious... She’d be so lost without them. They were more than her family -- they were her life.

“Thank you. It is appreciated that you don’t blame me...” The femme would set her head on her paws, taking in his name. Arvandor Belthil. “...and it’s alright. I’m not hard to startle these days.” The woman would confess. “What brings you to Alacritia then? Are you... Starting a new life here?” If he wasn’t like his pack, and they were gone anyway, then surely that’s what it had to be, right?

"Talk" "You" Think
Table by:: Fox