Eilan

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
08-22-2015, 05:14 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2015, 05:15 PM by Eilan.)

Green eyes flecked with amber maintained their focus on a rabbit that rested not ten feet away nibbling on greens.  Eilan held himself steady, as his mother had taught him, legs-coiled and his breath caught for just a second before he barreled toward the hapless creature.  AND THE CHASE WAS ON!

Eilan zigged and zagged in an effort to close the distance between himself and the rabbit.  Closer… closer, closer…. he was feet away from catching his quarry when a warning scent caught his nostrils.  The boy struggled to come to a stop as he skidded across the border and landed in a tangled pile of limbs.  Crap!  Scrambling back to his feet he scooted back over into neutral territory.  Had anyone seen that?  He glanced back in at the rabbit who was staring back at him.  His hackles rose.  No fair!! "THAT'S CHEATING!"  The rabbit took one look at him and disappeared down it's burrow.  AWww man!  Pouting Eilan sighed.  Hunting on his own was a lot tougher than he thought it would be and he was getting sooo hungry.  He hoped he could find his dad soon.

"Speech"

Glacier

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
08-23-2015, 07:08 PM

Border patrols where just one of the many jobs Glacier filled his day with. He would be wondering through the Algoma Prairie, when he caught sight of a little wolf. He had barreled over the territories markings and the Alpha took a breath, ready to shout out a reprimand to the young one, when the pup realized his mistake and immediately back tracked. He was on neutral territory again in a moment, and from a distance he would watch the show down between rabbit and boy. The sneaky rabbit vanished down a burrow and he would see the dejected expression of the boy.

Having enough with watching, Glacier would move forward, his light tread belittling his mountainous size until he was opposite the pup but on the right side of the border. He gave the boy a mischievous grin and set to digging out the burrow. A few moments later, a good spray of dirt and the creature was shooting out of a hole further down. Glacier leaped, his stride massive, powerful, and then the hare was in his grasp. He broke its neck in a swift movement, making his way back to the borderline, and placed the dead creature just a single step over the border lands. “I believe this was yours” Glacier said, a grin entering his tone.

"Speech"

Eilan

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
08-29-2015, 04:42 PM

One day, when he found his dad, Eilan was going to ask for hunting lessons and he was going to be as great a hunter as his dad and is cool a warrior as his mom.  He'd make both of them proud and maybe… just maybe they could stay together as a family this time.  Green eyes glared at the rabbit burrow with a renewed sense of determination.  He could out wait this rabbit.  Eilan crouched down and waited but as he moved to do so his fur immediately stood on end as a large dark-colored man appeared.  The boy felt fear knot in his stomach but the man didn't seem to perturbed by his prescence, instead offering the boy a smile before moving to dig up the rabbit.  What?  Hey, that was his!  Eilan sat up, watching intently as his head tilted to the side.

The strange man soon pulled the hare from it's den and switfly broke the creatures neck.  Elian took notes on the mans technique and fidgeted as the man moved to the border, his gangly legs bunching under him, ready to run if the man turned violent.  Instead the other wolf placed the rabbit on the other side of the border.  Eilan's eyes widened.  Was this man giving the rabbit to him?  The boy stared up at the man with wonder and gratitude, his tail starting to wag. "Yes, yes it is!  Oh thank you so much sir!" He leaned down and nuzzled the rabbit just as his stomach let out a ferocious growl.  He'd get to eat tonight awesome! "Oh, say, sir?  Have you seen my dad?  His name is Rudolph and he's sort of brown like me with green eyes and he has a cat.  I'm trying to find him."

"Speech"

Glacier

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
08-29-2015, 05:06 PM

Glacier had seen the reactions play out on the boys face, on his stance that hinted of the possibility of fleeing at any moment. He was use to such reactions, he towered above other wolves and although on occasion his bulk was to his advantage when it came to protecting his family, at other times he wished he didn't scare others so. Perhaps it was a large part of where his patience came from, as he worked to show others he was a friendly giant.

As he passed the rabbit on to the young wolf, he watched as the weariness fell away to gratification. As the younger man's stomach growled, Glacier studied him with a worried frown, a worry that only increased when he asked Glacier if he had seen his dad. His initial thought was right, this boy wasn't eating well, he had no one to hunt for him. “No, I haven't seen your father, I'm sorry.” he paused for a moment then to think. “I have a thought, little one, would you like to stay here well I send a wolf out in search of your father?” he already knew who would happily take on that task, one who ran as fast as the wind. He would wait for the pups thoughts before he called Gale, but one thing was certain, he would not leave the pups life up to fate, he would ensure he could do something today to help him.

"Speech"

Eilan

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
09-04-2015, 05:14 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2015, 05:15 PM by Eilan.)

Wagging tail slowed a little at the news that this nice man had not seen his father but that was somewhat to be expected.  He couldn't be that luck.  Oh well, he'd just have to keep at it.  "It's alright, I'm sure he's got to be around here somewhere.  Mordecai said he was going to be trading in Alacritis."  Eilan mused over the old medicine man, he would never like so Rudolph Rakshiel had to be here somewhere, Eilan just never realized that Alacritis was such a big land!  The man spoke again and soon the pup's tail was going full throttle.  "Really?!"  This man was going to help him find his dad?  "Yes please, thank you!  Say, say can you teach me to hunt rabbits?"  Eilan had planned to ask his dad but maybe if this man taught him a few things he could really surprise his own dad.  "My name is Eilan by the way, Eilan Rakshiel.  What is yours?  Are you an alpha?  Is this your pack?  You have a really pretty coat."

Gleaming little fangs dug hungrily into the rabbits stomach.  Pulling fur as he went it wasn't long before a little bit tickled the boys nose and he sneezed loudly.  Oops!  He went back at it, snarfing down his dinner while he waited for the other man to speak.

"Speech"

Glacier

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
09-04-2015, 05:27 PM

The pup seemed to have confidence that his dad would be around somewhere, and Glacier hoped that was true. In the meantime, his conscience couldn't leave the pup like this. Luckily the pup easily accepted his offer, in fact he also asked if he could be taught how to hunt! “Of course! I'd be happy to teach you.” he agreed easily, it would be a good skill for the pup to learn, especially if they couldn't find his father. Not that the pup would be homeless if that happened, he would be welcome to stay in Donostrea as long as needed. “Nice to meet you, Eilan, I'm Glacier, and yes Donostrea is my pack, mine and my brothers.” the pups jumbled words would also bring attention to the mountainous wolf's blue coat, and Glacier chuckled softly.

The pup took to eating the rabbit quickly and hungrily, and it was easy to see the boy needed some fattening up. So long as he was in Donostrea, he would be properly fed. “Would you like me to show you around, or would you want some hunting lessons first?” he asked, the pup might want to take it easy and settle in first, or he might be eager to learn.

"Speech"

Eilan

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
09-13-2015, 09:21 AM
Eilan rapidly gorged himself, devouring first the tender organs and then the muscle and sinew of the rabbit, quickly working his way to gnawing on the bones. Ahhhh… that hit the spot! He was not an unattentive boy however, he took in the other man's, Glacier's, words. So this was Donostrea, huh? And it was ruled by a pair of brothers? So cool! Eilan wished he'd had some siblings but as far as he knew he was the only one born. A single pup. It seemed strange to him now that he thought about it. Wolves lived in packs and were born in litters. There was always someone nearby and he felt slighted that he'd been born alone.

Ears perked as Elian finished licking the gunk off his chin. Ohhhh what should he do first? "Hunting! Well…." Eilan hesitated. He desperately wanted to begin to hunt for himself but he did just eat and he could almost hear his mother's voice harping at him to digest a bit first before diving into strenuous activity. "Maybe you can show me around first and then if we find something good to hunt you can teach me about hunting then?"

"Speech"

Glacier

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
09-19-2015, 03:35 AM

The boy made quick work of the kill, and it was a relief to Glacier to know this would be the last time the boy felt hunger, at least well he was under the Alpha's watch. He truly hoped they found the boy's father, that there would be a happy ever after to be seen here. Of course, if they did not find him or did not like what they find, the boy would be welcome into Donostrea, it was a pack devoted to family, but not one unwelcome to wolves in need.

Letting the boy choose their direction – clearly his life had been a little out of his control for a while, he had been lost and hungry and alone – it would quickly be decided that Glacier would introduce him to the pack lands first. “Sounds like a plan to me, Eilan, alright well this is the Algoma prairie we are in now, but our main lands and dens lie on the beach. Come on, i'll show you” he said cheerily, already starting to move himself.

"Speech"

Eilan

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
09-21-2015, 06:08 PM

Swallowing the last scraps of flesh Eilan broke off one of the thigh bones. He enjoyed having something to chew on after a meal, especially to work out any scraps that wedged themselves between his teeth. "Ok!" he chirped as Glacier began the tour. He quickly snatched up the little thigh bone and trotted after the massive male. He dropped his bone for a minute and gazed curiously at the other man. "What's a beach?" He scooped up the bone again and continued on his way, occasionally dropping it, batting it around and then scooping it back up again in a crazy playful game. He was feeling much better!

"Speech"

Glacier

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
09-26-2015, 03:02 PM

Glacier cast a glance over his shoulder and eyed the pup for a moment, before splitting his lips into a grin. “You've never seen a beach? Prepare to be amazed then!” he warned gently, pausing a moment to watch the boys game with the bone. He seemed none the worst for wear, not a complaint in the world or even a worry. He was glad the boy had treed close to Donostrea borders, that he found the boy and been given the chance to preserve his innocence and hopefully set his world right. He would keep an eye out for Gale as they made their way to the beach, he would send her out in search of the father as soon as possible.

When they reached the end of the prairie and the ground changed from grass to sand, he would turn his head to watch the boy, waiting for his reaction as the descending ground opened up to a vast view of endless water and open skies. “This is Obsidian Beach, see to the right over there? All those caves are our dens”

"Speech"

Gale

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
Anais
09-26-2015, 03:54 PM

Gale Elementas

Walk | Talk | Think

She was back for a visit, spending the night in her own den after a few days of adventuring outside of Donostrea's border. There was less of an itchy restlessness in her paws as she trotted along the shoreline, the stir crazy sensation already worked out of her being during those initial days of freedom after the summer season set in. Time enough had been taken to simply enjoy herself and her freedom, and because of it she felt ready to begin tackling her duties as the pack's messenger once more. Not that she really ever had much on her plate aside from making sure that she was ready at any given moment, but...something had to happen eventually, right?

It just had not occurred to her that the day she had been expectantly waiting for was this day. All she had had lined up on her to do list was a quick run of the border, all of it from one end of the beach, around the prairie, and back, but as the grey and lavender Elementas continued to trot along in search of a starting point she realized she was no longer alone. There, standing right against the borderline between the beach and the prairie was her deep blue brother, good humored and smiling as ever. Gale smiled at the sight of him, but it was the young boy beside him that drew her curiosity and made her change course to travel toward the pair. Apparently Donostrea had company.

Her tail wagged as Gale broke out into a leisurely run, stretching her gait to reach her brother and the earthy-toned youth with him in due time. She barked once as she ran, simply to get her big brother's attention, and only slowed once she was nearer to them. "Hey Tiny," she greeted Glacier, her curious stare and crooked smile given first to her brother and then toward the younger wolf that traveled with him as she stopped beside them. "Are we offering tours now?" she teased, assuming there was some reason her brother had invited the wolf into their pack's territory, and especially this far in from the border. What was she missing?

Eilan

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
09-27-2015, 04:23 PM

Eilan chewed contentedly on his bone until they finally reached what Glacier called the Obsidian Beach and Eilan dropped his bone as he stared at the expanse of water. "Wooooow. How'd all this water get here?" He pranced to the beach, sniffing the dark sand and playfully splashing in the water before the scent of another wolf caught his attention. He glanced up to see an odd silvery woman with… with lavender on her! Eilan eyed her for a moment but Glacier didn't seem to bothered by her. Eilan pranced up to the woman, tail wagging lightly. "Hello, I'm Eilan! Who are you? Say do you guys swim?"

"Speech"

Glacier

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
09-28-2015, 04:15 PM

He would expect the familiar form of his sister to appear on the beach side as they moved from the prairie to to their main pack land. She was however just the wolf he wanted to see, and he grinned widely as she made her way over to them. His expression brightened into laughter at her comment “Exactly so, I decided to open the pack lands for public visits, and bring in tourists” he joked easily to Gale. He enjoyed the sight of Eilan prancing up to Gale and introduction himself, he truly enjoyed seeing how unfazed and happy the boy was. “Hey Eilan, wanna go see if the water is warm?” he asked, attempting to draw Gale away from the younger wolf so he could speak to her. Whether or not it worked he would still explain the situation to his sister. “He got separated from his father, who apparently looks similar in coat to himself. I told him he could stay here until we track down his father – in that regard I was hoping I could send you out to look, actually” would be his explanation.

"Speech"

Gale

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
Anais
10-07-2015, 12:52 AM

Gale Elementas

Walk | Talk | Think

The boy, she realized as she watched, was full of curiosity. She could see it within his eyes as they sparked to life after landing on everything that made up the Elementas's family home, so enthusiastic and so hungry to take it all in. Gale wondered briefly if he had ever gotten the chance to view a beach like this before - not just the dark colored sands, but generally speaking. The land her family had washed up on was a wide and varied one, one that took quite a time simply to get from one place to another. It seemed entirely plausible for someone to find comfort in just a tiny portion of it and miss out on all the variety they were denying themselves. Silently, the lavender-marked wolf vowed not to become one of those wolves.

Not one to crush a child's enthusiasm, Gale grinned as he finally took notice of her and addressed her with the same open curiosity that he viewed the world. His unabashed nature drew an amused chuckle from her before she answered. "I'm Gale, this guy's sister," she stated, turning her head to gesture toward the hulking blue figure of Glacier who stood beside them. "Swimming isn't really one of my strong points," she admitted, unembarrassed about claiming her lack of skill. Particularly since she had another that made up for it. The smile on her face brightened, and her grey-green eyes narrowed proudly, "I'm a much better racer."

Following her teasing remark, her brother played along in kind and admitted to inviting in tourists. Though she grinned humorously, she could not stop herself from shaking her head slightly. What a nightmare that would be like, having an open border that welcomed visitors. She was sure they would never get any rest. As Glacier turned to speak to the boy who named himself Eilan, Gale could sense a shift in the conversation, but tried not to let on as she let her brother return his attention to her and finally reveal what it was that was truly on his mind. The smile slid from her face as the talk became somewhat serious, revolving around the lone boy and his absent father. Gale turned her head to peer at the pup again anew, though the final request completely captured her attention.

A mission? This sounded intriguing. Track down a wolf and bring him back to the pack for the child. It sounded difficult, potentially even time consuming since she had no idea how far she would need to go in order to find the missing wolf, but it gave her definite excuse to get out there and more thoroughly explore the territories beyond her home. Her thoughtful expression began to brighten again, and her easy smile returned with confidence. "I'd be up for it," she agreed, and despite all the questions swirling around her mind she felt genuinely excited by the challenge. "When should I leave? Is there anywhere I should look first?" She was ready to go; she just needed a direction to start.

Eilan

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
10-22-2015, 07:57 PM

The woman was Gale, Glacier's sister. Boy their parents must like the letter G! She wasn't into swimming but oooo she raced? "Oh, oh! We should race sometime. I'm super fast! Like… like lightning!"

Eilan cocked his head to the side as Glacier spoke. Check if the water was warm? Did they only swim in warm water? Well, either way he'd check! "Leave it to me!" Bounding off toward the water Eilan skidded to a stop on the black sand and watched the water flow in and out for a moment before he gingerly dipped a paw in and shivered. Boo it was cold!

He scampered back to the pair. "It's cold! Maybe we can swim when it gets ho--aahhhhhhh" Eilan yawned and licked at his lips. His energy suddenly draining in one fell swoop.

"Speech"