Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
08-22-2015, 07:12 PM

Thunder rolled through the sky but the storm had formed to the north of the Orchard and was continuing it's track north. The trailing clouds would eventually depart as the sun returned but for now the cold front had left a pleasantly cool summer morning to greet Integra as she stirred from her den. Despite her new status as slave she was content to be back in the same land as her family, a land that could thus be called home. Of course being a slave she could not stay with her siblings but that would change soon enough. Rising to her feet she crawled out of her den and shook out her coat. Time to get to work.

With her skills lying in healing she opted to use her skills to gather herbs for now til a more opportune time to put her fangs in service to her pack. Yet, gathering herbs by herself could be a lonesome and monotonous task. Especially as she could not leave Imperium's borders. Tipping back her head Integra howled a call to any other healers in the pack. Curious if they'd be interested in gathering herbs with her or perhaps holding a few lessons.

[Image: yKuOSHo.png]

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
09-12-2015, 07:07 PM
The call that she heard was a more than welcome distraction to the chocolate she wolf. She was very much in heat and the distraction would be welcome. Picking herself from her boulder Rhythm would make her way to the call, recognizing the girl from the healing training she'd held before the girl had left. A smile would play on her features as she drew more near the young girl. "You aren't hurt are you?" The question had to be asked, when one called for a healer it was usually because they were in need of their professional services, not a lesson or herb collection.

Valentine may enter any of Rhythm's threads

Integra

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
09-12-2015, 07:26 PM

What to gather? Hmmm…. Integra mentally ticked off the herbs she'd gathered and those she might wish to gather while the summer was still in full swing. It was a shame some herbs lost their potency when dried. Some alfalfa would be good and maybe, just maybe if she was really lucky and thorough she could find some ginseng root. A lofty goal she supposed, considering she'd been looking for some ever since she'd returned.

Integra turned her head as an earthen femme with sky blue eyes appeared. She smiled in greeting and struggled to place the name, feeling suddenly embarrassed she'd forgotten. "Not at all, I'm fine. I just wanted to go herb gathering and wanted to see if any of the more experienced healers might want to come with me. I'm Integra Armada. I'm sorry…. I can't remember if we've met."

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
09-20-2015, 03:53 PM
Concern was written on her features as she awaited what Integra might have to tell her. Her dark ears were perked, almost sure of the answer she'd receive but she wanted to reassure herself before continuing with their meeting. Her attention wasn't difficult to gain and the reassurance was swift. She wasn't harmed and only sought another to go hunting herbs with. Rhythm's features would relax as she smiled softly at the thought. "I'm Rhythm Destruction, and if you'd like I'd love to come herb hunting with you." She would be happy to help the girl as well further gorge her own stores. "We've met briefly before, but you were quite a bit smaller." She'd smile again, this time dismissively as she looked to the task at hand. "Would you like to lead?"

Integra

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
09-23-2015, 09:07 PM

"It's nice to meet you Rhythm, and yes please, I'd really appreciate it!" Integra felt bad that she couldn't really remember the woman but she supposed she had been quite young then and after her experience in the blizzard and with the rogues her memories had become oddly jumbled. "Ok sure…. hmmm…." Integra paused for a moment as she questioned what they should gather. "How about we hunt for some alfalfa, I know it grows in the Orchard somewhere but I don't know that I remember exactly where. But I guess that's why we're looking for it."

Integra got to her feet and took off toward the eastern edge of the Orchard. Maybe after they found some Rhythm could show her what to do with it. She only knew generally what it was for she knew little of what plant parts to use or anything along that line. She'd leave it up to the older woman if she'd go east with her or if they'd split up.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
09-25-2015, 06:13 PM
It had been a long time since Rhythm had been out herb collecting with her mother, the days before they'd all come here. Back when she and her siblings were only yearlings themselves. She'd been so eager to learn back then. She could understand how Integra felt, though after a few years of practice she had become a rather proficient healer. There was still much she herself did not know, but that was the fun part. Always learning.

The young apprentice was quick to take the opportunity to lead. Alfalfa was the game. Rhythm would smile brightly and nod, she had seen the herb in the Orchard as well, but she kind of wanted to watch Integra find it. "Sounds like a great place to start." The Destruction would follow after the taller girl at an easy lope as they made their way towards the perfectly rowed trees. "How much do you know about alfalfa?" If she was here she might as well try and give the girl some information while she was at it right?

Integra

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
09-27-2015, 02:44 PM

Integra sat for a moment, pondering what she remembered about alfalfa. It wasn't much. "Well I know it has little purple flowers and I think it grows more in meadowy areas. I believe it helps with weight gain?" Inty glanced at Rhythm waiting to see if the other could confirm or deny what she'd said about alfalfa. "I think there's a meadowy area to the south of the Orchard but I don't remember for sure. We can start there." Getting back to her paws she took off, slowly, should Rhythm need to correct her course.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
09-27-2015, 03:30 PM
As her question was asked Integra would hesitate in continuing, her uncertainty was obvious but Rhythm couldn't blame her. She'd put her on the spot and no one was good with that kind of sudden pressure. Her answer came quick though, and it was correct, but there was much more the little plant could do. "That's correct, but it has other uses as well. Arthritis, urine flow, upset stomach, it can be used to help produce milk when a she wolf is lactating. Though remember its better to start after she's given birth because too much during the pregnancy can cause complications. It's also full of nutrients." It was a whole lot to take in about one little plant, but it was a good herb to have laying around, obviously. She'd offer her knowledge about where it grew and Rhythm nodded, "It's a perfect place to start." She'd reassure the girl as she took off after her.

Integra

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
09-27-2015, 05:14 PM

Integra nodded as she took in Rhythm's information. Arthritis, upset stomach…. production of milk. Ok, she could remember that. That was quite a lot of things that it could be used for. She glanced at Rhy. "Does it help for battle wounds at all?" While Integra wanted to specialize in battlefield medicine she wouldn't turn away from learning about other plants and various diseases and ailments. As far as she knew there weren't too many general healers and she would be more than happy to fill in the role even though healing battle wounds was the most interesting to her.

Soon they arrived at a little meadow in the south end of the Orchard and with her nose to the ground Integra began to search, quickly picking up the distinctive smell of alfalfa and as she gazed about her sharp eyes quickly picked up the spikes of blue-violet flowers. "Hey Rhythm! I think I found some, is this it?"

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
09-30-2015, 01:30 PM
The girl wouldn't deny any of the information Rhythm spilled onto her, and she hoped that it really would stick in the girl's mind. She'd smile as she finished, and eagerly took in the next question. Was it any good as battle medicine? "Hmm, probably not directly. It's got some great long term effects, but I wouldn't consider it an 'emergency' herb. After your patient has made it back to the pack lands is more likely when you'll give it to them." It wouldn't help someone dying from their wounds very quickly, that was more for the bandaging plants, pain medicines. Plants that helped with blood loss... "Do you have a passion for battlefield healing?" She'd ask afterwards as the journey continued onward, eventually leading them to a rather beautiful little meadow. Integra didn't hesitate to run off, eagerly the girl found the first patch, and proudly called Rhythm over to confirm. Moving at a slightly slower lope Rhythm's chocolate form would make its way to the taller healer. "That most certainly is."

Integra

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
10-03-2015, 10:07 AM

Integra frowned a little to learn that alfalfa wasn't really a plant meant for healing battle wounds but that was alright. She smiled again softly. She needed to know more than just battle wounds, knowing how to heal common ailments was important to. She nodded. "Yes, I think battlefield healing is what I want to specialize in but it'll be good to have knowledge of herbs for other illnesses. Just in case." Rhythm confirmed Integra's suspicions and the girl set about carefully digging up the plants. She wanted these ones whole for now, hoping that taking the whole plant might help keep it fresh a bit longer until she had time to dry certain parts of the plant. Satisfied with her haul she turned back to Rhythm. "Thank you Rhythm for your help!" Scooping up the alfalfa she headed back to the den.

-exit-