gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
keanai

Famous
08-24-2015, 07:48 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2015, 03:38 PM by Lillianna.)
buffalo knolls

The girl paused when the scent markers hit her full force; she was practically over the border. Not quite, though, and she took several steps back so there would be no confusion. She had come here, almost directly after getting things with Starling; she had to do it before her mind absolutely rebelled and she couldn't make herself do it. Apologize. When she felt it was more Evangeline's fault anyways. It left a bad taste in her mouth... but yeah, she'd rather have the face-eating wolves on her side rather than against her. True, she didn't think much would be done here, she didn't think it would work... but it was worth a try, right?

She was here now anyways - regardless, they'd smell her presence on the borders. Her head tipped out and she howled, calling for Valentine - if she was going to speak to his daughter, she'd much prefer the father also being present... although she would bet that he would believe it all to be her fault. It made anger stir, but she shoved it down roughly: anger was not something she needed here.

ooc. Valentine first, then me again, then Valen calling for Evangeline, and then Vana please <3

"Speech"
Note: Lillie has scars over her right eye and down her cheek. She also has scars under her chin and on her jaw. Her tables and art will most likely not reflect this. Unless it is specified otherwise, assume Lillianna is accompanied by her companion.

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
08-30-2015, 11:45 AM

The voice at the border was unfamiliar, but on approaching the scent of the stranger hit him. Ah, so this was the girl that Evangeline had fought. Lillie. Interesting. Had Bass sent her to apologize? It seemed unwise to send the girl to the lion's den alone and Valentine wasn't particularly pleased with her presence. Nevertheless he was curious about the mouthy child that had roused his daughter's ire.

Stopping before the girl, the King ran a scrutinizing gaze over her person. "You must be Lillie," he commented in a booming voice. The girl had called for him by name and Evangeline shared his familial markings so there wasn't really a need to introduce himself. "What brings you to Imperium?" Surely she wasn't here for a rematch.

""

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Lillianna

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
keanai

Famous
08-30-2015, 11:57 AM
The girl did not make comment to Valentine's recognition of her, merely a curt nod. She did, however, answer his question. "I have come to make amends," she said firmly. "Both your daughter and I were in the wrong - and over something so needlessly silly. It was ridiculous, for both of us - me to needle your daughter, and for her to respond rudely. I should have walked away instead of telling her that her brother made a good exploration buddy." A smile quirked her lips, and she let out a short laugh. "As one person put it, I'd rather be friends with the face-eating wolves as opposed to enemies. This is my attempt at patching relations, since to hold animosity over such a silly issue is... stupid." She finished talking with a sigh, mentally wincing as she did so. She probably babbled a bit too much for what she was planning on doing. However... now that she was speaking. The disgust? The reluctance? It went away. Her words, they made sense in her mind. It was a smart thing to do, because one shouldn't make enemies just over something stupid. "I did not think it would be a good idea to call for her directly, either. I have the feeling she wouldn't listen if I did so." Her voice was dry, and matter-of-fact as she spoke, though a cold amusement glittered in her eyes before dissipating. Oh, she would bet the other side of her face that Vana would probably just attack her again.

"Speech"
Note: Lillie has scars over her right eye and down her cheek. She also has scars under her chin and on her jaw. Her tables and art will most likely not reflect this. Unless it is specified otherwise, assume Lillianna is accompanied by her companion.

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

08-30-2015, 12:45 PM

No more than a fistful of words in and Valentine was already doubting the authenticity of Lillie's sincerity. She didn't speak like a girl looking to genuinely make amends, rather, she spoke like someone who feared further conflict with a superior fighter, or, perhaps, since Bass had made it sound like she had gotten in trouble, salvage her image at home. The girl was careful to not accept all of the blame and to make it known that she felt Evangeline was guilty as well - which she was - but that undermined what she was saying. No, the more she spoke the more certain Valentine became that her words were only to be taken at face value.

He quirked an eyebrow at her final words. So she had requested his presence for the sole purpose of forcing Evangeline come to her. "Regardless, you should have called her directly. If she hadn't come then you would have gotten your answer. You can't force an apology; it's entirely up to her whether or not she accepts it." He paused for a moment to further consider the plan that was forming, then said firmly, "I'm not going to call her for you. This is your business, not mine, and I refuse to be used to force Evangeline's hand. If she comes you can say your piece, if not then you can head home knowing that you at least tried."

""

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Lillianna

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
keanai

Famous
08-30-2015, 01:53 PM
She nodded at his words... they did make sense, really. And she couldn't argue his authority; he was firmly placed above her - in status, in words, and in literal size. She could see immediately how his children got so huge. That was, however, off-topic. She heard his final words, and she once more metally winced: she could not leave without seeming afraid, or insincere - if she didn't already - and yet felt awkward now, to call. Instead, she, looked back up at the male whom was Imperium's King. "You are definitely right. I let my fear control me, and as such... probably didn't seem very truthful," she admitted. "I apologize for that - it was immature, and thank you. Would you mind if I called for her now?" She still kept a neutral tone, but let a little more of her emotions bleed through: embarrassment, sheepishness in the first sentence; true apology in the second. And a tiny bit of reluctance in both. It was only a little emotion, but perhaps enough to have her seem as if she wasn't sent by someone... or rather, actually meant what she was saying. She wasn't sure if Valentine believed her or not, but it was worth the effort to put real emotion instead of the careful, neutral words.

"Speech"

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

09-05-2015, 08:46 AM

"Not at all, go right ahead." Valentine was very curious to see what Evangeline's response was. Would she come at all? Ignore the call and carry on with her day? Furiously fly in and even out the girl's face? How she chose to handle this girl was up to her. This was her business and he was content to either fade into the background or walk away if that's what she wanted. His presence wasn't needed here, but he would at least stay until Lillie had an answer, and then, if the answer was that Evangeline wasn't interested, he'd see the girl off.

""

Lillianna

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
keanai

Famous
09-06-2015, 10:28 AM
Her head dipped to the King in gratitude. "Thank you." With those words, the scarred girl's head tipped back in a howl. It was not a summoning howl, no. A summoning would... not end very well. Rather, it was a request, a request for Vana to come if she so desired to. It gave her a choice, nevermind the fact that Evangeline would provide herself with the choice even if it wasn't given. She hoped this would end well; none... knew she was there. She told no one of her intentions, though Starling may have realized her intentions after she agreed with him.
"Speech"

Evangeline

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah
10-29-2015, 11:30 AM
A howl called for Evangeline's father, and it immediately caught Vana's attention away from the herbs she was harvesting. The voice calling sounded suspiciously familiar, but it took a moment to place the voice since she'd never heard the howl before. But when she did, her hackles immediately went up. What was that little Abaven brat doing calling for Evangeline's father? The obvious answer brought a sneer to Vana's face. "Tattle-tale," she snarled aloud darkly. Not that she'd made an effort to hide what she'd done - why would she? She wasn't in the wrong - but the Abaven girl couldn't have known that. Abaven wolves always seemed to think that fighting and hurting people was somehow some shameful thing to avoid, so why would the girl have been different?

She kept her ears pricked nervously for her father's voice, taking the time to bring her herbs back to her den and spread them out to dry like she'd been taught, but when the next call came it was not Valentine. It was the Abaven girl calling for her. A certain smugness descended on her then - Valentine wasn't going to call her there to yell at her after all. She didn't like being called, though, as though she wanted anything to do with some dumb ol' Abaven wolf. She deliberately made the girl wait while she arranged the herbs for the best drying, but then curiosity finally got the best of her.

She set off at a dignified walk rather than seeming to rush to answer the call, and arrived to see her father with the girl. Vana's step faltered as she sent her father a faintly nervous sidelong glance, but it was only the faintest of missteps before she corrected herself and continued to stalk forward with head and tail high. "I thought I told you to leave my family alone," she growled, only her father's presence keeping her from being far, far more rude as she tipped her nose down to stare at the girl.

Lillianna

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
keanai

Famous
11-14-2015, 11:56 PM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2015, 12:03 PM by Nyx.)
An ear would flick nervously as she waited... and waited... and waited. She was beginning to think the other girl would not come when movement caught her eye - and low and behold, the demon had arrived. Swallowing, the girl made sure her posture was strong, but not aggressive - something that she forced herself to maintain even as Evangeline hovered over Lillie, a snarl in her voice.

Taking a breath, Lillianna would answer Evangeline. "I have no interest in causing trouble, Valentine's daughter." Her voice was pitched low, the words even. She would pause here, to make sure the anger stayed out of her voice, to make sure the annoyance and disgust also stayed absent. "Quite the opposite; I would like to apologize to you." She did not specify what, exactly; it shouldn't be necessary, not at all.

""

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

12-19-2015, 01:39 PM

The minutes ticked by as they waited in silence. It was beginning to look like she wasn't going to show and Valentine was on the verge of sending the little Abaven girl home when the sound of a familiar tread reached his ears. Soon Evangeline came into sight. Of course Valentine was familiar enough with his daughter that the brief flash of concern didn't go unnoticed, but he was determined to remain neutral in this and made no move to justify or quiet her nerves. He would watch and he would observe, and depending on the severity of this encounter he might intervene, but this was not yet his business and he didn't feel his input was quite necessary.

True to form Evangeline came off a bit strong. Her first words were curious and had Valentine wondering just what all had gone on before the fight that had cost the Abaven girl her face, but again he said nothing. As far as the yearlings were concerned he was a piece of scenery; no more intrusive than the few scraggly trees that dotted the Knolls.

""