size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantFamousChristmas 2019Treat 2019Promptober 2019
09-02-2015, 10:39 PM

Now that they had moved to the West, Avalon had the chance to explore while things were settled. Back up North, there was an air of tenseness and fear from Yfir, not so much from herself but because of Arian...on top of that, Avalon had been afraid of running into Vereux after the argument between him and Arian. She sighed, fur rippling with the light wind of the night as she walked smoothly through the field of trees. This was an interesting place, but at the same time it sent shivers down her spine. The area felt odd, surreal and maybe haunted even. The skeletal trees were something she'd never seen before, the colors and life bleached right out of their bones.

Continuing on, the woman drew closer to the center of the territory. The evening sunset lowering over the horizon, casting cool air and eerie shadows of the trees as their branches snaked across the ground. She would be lying to herself if she said she wasn't nervous, but that's exactly what she was feeling at the moment especially with her heat. It made her edgy, and though she had never mated before, part of her was afraid of doing so. But then again, she'd never met anyone else besides that one man a few years ago who she'd grown close to. Indeed, family was a strong bond for her, and she wished to have her own someday now that she no longer had her parents or siblings around. She was alone in the world, despite Arian being her closest friend and being the god mother of her children, it was not something that came close to filling that hole. Sighing, the woman soon came upon a pool that reflected the bleeding sky. Peering into the pool, she would find herself reflected in it's depths, a creature unsure of her future. Afraid of it even.

Settling beside the pool of water, she lowered herself to the ground as outstretched paws sought to touch the brimming surface. She wished that one day, her fears and insecurities would melt away along with her horrid past. Why and how had things come to be this way? She was sure by now, that she was destined to be alone. Sure, a crush here and there...but nothing beyond that. Was she just something that others didn't like to look at? Or did losing her family curse her in some way? Perhaps her families legacy would come to an end...and the mere thought of it brought a quiet whine and heartache to the girl. Slowly, head lowered to rest on her forepaws, the stream of thoughts past thoughts intertwining with ones for a future, that potentially might not exist.

"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
09-05-2015, 10:33 AM

A soft whine, the sound an echoed whisper in the loud silence of the Shrine, immediately caught his attention. Valentine's head lifted and he stilled, his nose twitching as he drew in short huffs of air in search of a scent. Finding none but curious nonetheless, the King set out in the hopes of fiding the source of the noise.

It didn't take him long. He rounded a bend, wove through some trees, and then the place opened up. Laid out before him was a pool of water and near its rim rested a woman. Her expression struck him as wistful, and that, coupled with the whine that had reached his ears, suggested an inner struggle. Of course that was only his interpretation of what he'd seen and heard so far, and he had very little information to go off of, but it seemed like a fair assessment.

He studied her for a moment. Standing off to the side it was entirely possible that she was still unaware of his presence and for a few beats he debated sneaking off. She looked like she was deep in thought and it was entirely possible that she just wanted to be left alone...but there was something about her expression that riveted him to that spot.

He decided to take a chance. "Miss? Are you alright?" His expression was open and his concern apparent.

"Talk" "You" Think

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

09-09-2015, 12:29 AM

She hadn't expected the voice at all, her form jumping slightly as her hackles raised for a moment. Head whipped around to see who it was that approached, and she would find in her presence, a cobalt male she had not met before. She rose to a sitting position, cheeks flushing. Had he heard her? How long had he been standing there? Her fur lied flat again as she looked him over. He was handsome, that was a given. He seemed rather young, strong, smart. But all that cast aside, she responded. "I-I'm fine, thanks." The beta studied him a moment longer, her senses concentrated more on her heat and the nervousness within her that she hadn't immediately detected the strong musk of Imperium on him. When she finally realized this, her hackles rose again. What was he doing here? Had he been on his way to spy on Sonticus again? Almost immediately, she drew the covers over her face, features changing from embarrassed and unsure to nervous and defensive. Granted she didn't know him, but if Arian had found out that she had run across an enemy, well...she wasn't sure what would happen.

She rose to her paws, movements a little stiff as she kept on her guard. Imperium was known for hostility, or at least...that's what she had perceived so far. She knew they had invaded their former land and committed adultery where pups could have seen them, and Arian had said who it was but in all honesty, Avalon herself didn't know exactly whose scent belonged to whom. "You're from Imperium...on your way to spy on Sonticus again?" Normally, Avalon herself wasn't always so hostile, but she guessed that Arian's nerves were rubbing off on her. She wasn't weak, she would fight for what she wanted, what she believed in. Arian's enemies for the time being were her enemies...but then again...the only true enemies she had ever had were the wolves who had captured her in Amenti. She didn't believe in having enemies unless they did her direct harm.

She kept her gaze on the man, wondering if he was as hostile as the pack she knew to be so. Or perhaps it was a select few that were? No. They were all the same. Inconsiderate, bullies who committed crimes against others...weren't they? And if this situation wasn't bad enough, she felt conflicted. He hadn't immediately attacked her upon approach, instead he had asked her if she was alright...was she filled with biased thoughts based on what her Alphess had said? Instead of making her own judgment? Doubt flickered within her mind, she supposed she would have to see for herself. And if matters weren't already bad enough, her lingering heat scent made her more edgy. If this man tried anything, she would rip him a new one for sure...or die to protect her values.

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

09-12-2015, 03:01 PM

The woman started and wheeled around to face him, her hackles rising instinctively. Valentine remained motionless as she regarded him. He meant her no harm and he was willing to prove it. Of course the first thing he noticed about her was just how pretty she was. It would be hard not to notice. She was perhaps a bit older than him, but not much so and still very much a vibrant creature.

The woman relaxed and then almost immediately became defensive again, the noticeable change stalling the King's assessment. Valentine's ears flicked. He'd done nothing to warrant that kind of reaction. Made no move, made no sound. So why? "You're from Imperium...on your way to spy on Sonticus again?" He couldn't help it. A booming laugh broke from his lips and his mouth briefly flashed wide in a smile. Valentine wrestled his mirth down and contained it to a simple, amused expression. "Nah," he said amicably, "I saw everything there was to see the first time around. No need for a second trip." Was that the truth? A lie? Today it was true. But tomorrow? Well, that was up in the air.

So this woman was from Sonticus. For some reason Valentine found that very disappointing. In looks alone this woman was wasted on such a place. If she was as talented as she was beautiful then her membership was not only wasted on Arian's pack, but a crying shame. How had Arian managed to ensnare such a woman? Had she cried to her like she'd come crying to Imperium? Broke out the tears, the woes, the desperate need for pity? How? He was dying to know.

Seating himself, Valentine regarded the woman with new eyes. Before he'd been curious about her well being, but now? Now he was just plain curious. Her boldness only heightened his interest. "What's you name?" he asked suddenly, his expression open and curious. "I'm Valentine."

"Talk" "You" Think

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

09-23-2015, 06:59 PM
r>

He'd respond by laughing. And frankly she wasn't sure what to make of it. She felt ashamed that she'd reacted the way that she did, after all, she didn't truly know him and instead had chosen to judge him simply based on the things Arian had told her...yes, she wasn't pleased that they had fornicated in their old home, so that was probably the only thing she was upset about. She felt that if her father were here, perhaps he'd be ashamed of her...sighing and taking a deep breath, she would calm herself and allow her fur to lie flat again. Her composure changing to her usual self, her gazed remained pinned on him as she hmphed with his response. She sat where she was, fluffy tail wrapping around her form and settling on her forepaws. There was no harm in talking...right? And if Arian found out, well...she'd learn that later. If She found out, that is.

He'd ask her name, offering his own first before she responded. He didn't seem to have any bad intentions...he was younger then she was by a couple of years at least, kind of handsome to boot. She would begin by apologizing however, a shy smile forming. "I apologize for my reaction towards you...I haven't heard many good things about your pack, so I assumed you were going to start trouble. I'm sorry." She looked at him, her apology genuine and truthful. "My name is Avalon, Beta of Sonticus. Pleasure to meet you, Valentine." She was curious then, as to what brought him this way. She knew his pack resided in the South, but she'd not come across him until today, or any of his pack members for that matter. "What brings you here?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

09-26-2015, 11:07 AM

The beta! No way! Valentine was both appalled and amused. Appalled for Avalon's sake and amused because this information may have explained why Arian, as incapable as she was, was able to get and keep her second pack. He knew next to nothing about this woman Avalon, but if first impressions told him anything she was bold and that might have been just the thing Sonticus needed to keep its nose a touch above water.

"No need to apologize," he said mildly as he shrugged his shoulders. "And it's no wonder," Valentine said with a smile, "that you have heard nothing good about Imperium if Arian is your only source of information." After a beat, he queried, "I take it my name means nothing to you?"

"What brings you here?" she asked, and he shrugged again. "It's a beautiful, desolate place. A good place," he said firmly, "To be alone with nothing but one's thoughts for company." The silence here rang in his ears and that, combined with the stark white trees, created the perfect atmosphere for broody thoughts.

"Talk" "You" Think

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

09-28-2015, 06:34 PM

He was certainly interested. And his curiosity towards her was doubly interesting. He seemed quite surprised when she said that she was the packs beta, a brow raising just slightly but unnoticeable to him she hoped. She glanced down at her paws when he said she didn't have to apologize. She honestly felt like she did have to despite what he said. It was who she was, though judging someone based on someone else's interpretation of them was not okay, and something that she never did. Perhaps Arian was rubbing off on her...and not always in the good way.

"And it's no wonder.. She looked back up at him to find a smile on his face, listening to him as he asked if his name meant anything. Now it was her turn to shrug. "Well...to be honest, Arian can get quite...touchy. I've noticed it lately, and I guess it rubbed off on me a little. I found her pack and joined for...well, I guess because emotionally we connected. And that was something I hadn't had in a very long time." She sighed, she was about to ramble on about nothing wasn't she? Of course, she missed talking to others about alot of things. "Your name doesn't really spark any memory, either I'm getting old and forgetting or we only know you as 'enemies from Imperium' which...come to think of it, Arian didn't want Sonticus even talking to any of you."

She shrugged again as if dismissing that last part. Offering a smile to the gentleman. That was how she saw him as at this moment anyway. She'd forget about her heat, glancing around them as he explained why he was here. She had to agree with him with a slow nod of her head. "I have to agree with you. It's often hard finding a quiet place to think within pack lands without someone bothering you, that's why I'm here. I suppose great minds think alike hm?" She couldn't help but laugh a little, humor shining in her eyes.
"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

10-06-2015, 08:24 PM

It was no secret that he wasn't fond of Arian. He'd made his disdain known. She was unsuited for her position and for reasons he couldn't quite place, that appalled him. Irritated him. It was possible that his disgust was rooted in an adolescence shaped by strong personalities. His mother and her mate both ruled with an iron fist and he believed that was the way it was supposed to be done. That Arian wore her weakness out in the open for all to see made her an abomination. "'Touchy' is a cute word for it," he said dryly.

"Arian didn't want Sonticus even talking to any of you." At this he quirked an eyebrow playfully. "And yet here you are talking to me." Valentine was vain enough to be a bit miffed that his name wasn't being used a little more freely. Sure, Imperium was getting tossed around like it was hot shit, but Valentine, the Rex? How did they not know his name? "I am Imperium's Rex, or King," he said simply. Was he looking for a reaction? Uh, yeah, because apparently he wasn't going to get one any other way.

I suppose great minds think alike hm?" He chuckled. "Apparently they do. And ah, that's very true. The bit about finding a quiet place, I mean." So she had grown comfortable enough with his presence for humor, eh? Valentine was curious to see if what he'd just said made a difference.

"Talk" "You" Think

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

10-16-2015, 08:00 PM

Her ears flicked and a brow raised, while she knew Arian had troubles, but she also wondered just why so many disliked her. It was a question that burned in her mind, perhaps she would ask those she came across that disliked her, and perhaps question Arian herself. To see what both sides of the story were. She made no mention nor questions yet as he went on, his voice clear with disdain and was not missed. She would only shrug slightly, both to his disdain and his latter words. Avalon was old enough to do as she pleased, though she wouldn't potentially try to get the pack in trouble. "She doesn't own me, I can handle myself." She would say simply.

Her ears perked at his bragging about being Imperium's Alpha, this news was surprising. But she should've guessed too with the way he carried himself. She tried not to laugh, whether it was the reaction he sought or not, she held it in. "I had dreams of being an alpha, only for the sake of bringing back what my father had created. But...I fear it's only a dream." She did laugh however, when he agreed with her words. This man wasn't so bad, what did Arian do? "My impression of you is...not what I expected. Arian made it sound like your pack were...how should I put it...out to get her? Out to harm us? While I don't know much about you besides being Alpha of Imperium, you don't seem all that bad." She quirked her head to the side, the question burning on her tongue now. "May I ask, why do you two have so much dislike for one another?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

10-21-2015, 07:35 PM

Silently the King wondered to himself just who this woman's father was. The names of very few alphas, current and former, stuck with Valentine. He doubted the name of Avalon's sire would ring a bell, but that didn't lessen his interest any. If she had pressed him for his opinion of her dream she wouldn't have liked what he had to say. He didn't like the idea of being a legacy himself; of standing in the shadow of someone else; of being a replica, a knock off. No, he wanted to stand alone and be remembered by his name, not the names of his predecessors.

She admitted that he wasn't what she expected and he chuckled, the sound a low rumble of amusement. He dipped his head in a small show of gratitude as Avalon gave her impression of him. The question she asked didn't require much thought at all, but answering did. While he knew why he found Arian so distasteful, putting those internal feelings into words was hard. "I don't know her personally, only formally, as an alpha. And I'm not fond of her because she is extremely unsuited for her position and that irks me." His gaze sought the distance for a moment as he tried to string his thoughts together in an intelligible way. "Not once in our dealings - our first meeting was when she acquired her first pack - has she come across as intelligent or capable. She has, each time, been emotion and/or so clumsy with words that it made taking her seriously very hard. It was like dealing with a child."

Okay, so maybe his dislike required a bit more thought than he'd originally believed. "I don't think someone as incapable as Arian should be commanding others. I think in doing so, in subjecting them to her thoughtless and occasionally downright dangerous," his thoughts went to the time she'd visited Imperium while heavily pregnant to beg for an alliance or a truce, "ways she is endangering the very lives she thinks she is protecting."

"Talk" "You" Think

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

10-24-2015, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2015, 02:01 PM by Avalon.)

With his words, she had plenty to think about. While she did doubt arian's thought process, her alphess did seem to act more on emotions then rational thought. But wasn't that what an alpha did? No. They had to act on a steady level of both sides. Sonticus had moved because Arian was paranoid about Yfir being so close, thus their move to the west. But would that really stop them? She doubted it. Sonticus it seemed, drew trouble like a moth to a flame, undoubtedly they would encounter more enemies along the way, yet...she hadn't even met a yfir wolf to see for herself just how much of a threat they truly were. And Imperium? While she knew they had trespassed and committed adultery on their lands for whatever reason, she didn't see them as enemies the way Arian did. At least, not now. Valentine seemed genuine in his words, more..rational. Though whether it was because he was talking to her, or if this was how he was with his pack as well, she didn't know. He could very much be different in the eyes of his pack then in her eyes here and now.

"I see..." She remained silent for a moment, amber gaze looking away to find the pool of water she sat beside, looking into it for a moment before speaking. Taking a breath, she would speak finally. "Arian...does tend to act on emotions more often then not. She believes herself weak, why that is I am not sure. Since I met her, there were times she showed confidence, but there were times she showed doubt as well. I know she struggles with herself, and while I do agree with some of what you say, she tries." The last part, however, pricked her fur. Arian was making enemies of packs left and right. First Yfir, and now Imperium. Was it only because they refused to ally with Sonticus? That was likely. "Sonticus has two enemy packs now because of whatever reasons. From what you say, it may be because she felt she failed in securing an alliance with both yfir and imperium. However, I believe that we shouldn't be enemies simply because of that. The rest of us are not like her. I don't act on emotions more then my rational thinking, if anything, I think they must go hand in hand. While I doubt you may consider it, I offer a chance for us to wipe the slate clean. Perhaps start over, if not for her sake, then the sake for the rest of our packs. I would hate for a feud to break out over something petty."

Her gaze returned to him, heated with the embers of determination. Was she doing this for Arian's sake? No. She was thinking about the pack as a whole. They did nothing to deserve such a fate, and to carry the weight of the actions of one wolf was unfair. "While I doubt it will happen, I wish to try regardless. We can be valuable assets to one another when the need arises, you don't have to answer now. Just think about it. I wish to learn how to be a better fighter, to protect those that cannot protect themselves. If I've heard right, Imperium has quite the number of skilled warriors, do they not?"
"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

10-25-2015, 01:50 PM

After he finished delivering his reasons silence fell briefly. Valentine didn't mind, if he'd been the recipient of an explanation like that he'd have needed a moment to digest it all too. "I see..." He eyed her carefully and tried to determine whether or not she'd taken offense. If she did and his impression of her was true he was probably in for a heated lecture.

The response he got wasn't one he expected. The woman agreed with him - to an extent. What she didn't agree with she justified by saying at least Arian was trying. "Trying is acceptable, admirable, even, when one is attempting to master a skill or mend a relationship. I don't think," he said carefully, "the same can be said when one is in charge of leading others. You don't need to be perfect to lead - if that were the case none would be capable of it - but trying to be a leader isn't the same as being a leader."

He paused to consider her other statements before replying. It didn't surprise him that Sonticus had issues with Yfir. Katja struck him as someone who disliked inferiority just as much as he did. Like him, she'd probably zeroed in on Arian's many weaknesses and decided to keep her pack as far from that hot mess as possible. "I have much respect for Yfir's Drottin," he said simply. She was a force to be reckoned with and Arian was right to fear her. Just as she was right to fear him.

Avalon next attempted to smooth over relations between the two packs. "We do," he confirmed, "and while I appreciate the effort - and while your willingness to try to make up for the shortcomings of your alpha is admirable - I strongly doubt a relationship between our packs could be mutually beneficial and I can't foresee a situation where Sonticus would be able to aid Imperium in any way." Joking lightly, he said, "I've wandered Sonticus territory, remember." He had a pretty good idea of what Sonticus had and did not have.

Taking a deep, cleansing breath first, Valentine then changed the subject. "I think that's more than enough talk about Arian. And actually, I would like to talk about you, Avalon." He sought her gaze. "I would like to think I'm a pretty good judge of character and my impression of you is that you are reliable, loyal and passionate. I think you are capable and level-headed; I think you Avalon, are a valuable asset," he said firmly. He then went on to say, "I also think Sonticus is squandering your talents and that is a terrible, terrible shame." Valentine paused to try to gauge Avalon's reaction to what he'd said so far. Regardless, he pressed on. "I want you to consider coming to Imperium." His tone passionate, he said, "Consider this: in Imperium you will be given every opportunity to become a better fighter. You will have a support system of like-minded individuals who wish to not only better themselves, but see you reach a higher mastery. Individuals who will hold you accountable. Through hard work and respect you could rise through the ranks with ease, excelling in whatever field interests you the most. And if Imperium doesn't currently have a rank that suits you I want you in my ranks enough that I am willing to work with you to create a rank that you think you and Imperium will benefit the most from."

"Talk" "You" Think

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

11-10-2015, 06:27 PM

His response to her after she said that Arian was trying was taken with a nod. In some form he was right, trying to be a leader wasn't the same as being one. And Arian was constantly trying, yet always fearing that the pack would hate her for decisions she made as an alpha. She saw it now. Although Arian did well by taking into consideration the feelings of others, she failed in asking the general populous what their thoughts and feelings about certain matters were. Had she asked them whether or not it was worth making enemies out of two packs, Avalon was sure the majority vote would have been no. Personal spats with someone didn't mean the rest had to suffer, and she saw now the blunders and mistakes that were made because of one wolf's actions. And now, all of Sonticus had to deal with it.

She pursed her lips for a moment as she thought about all this. Thought about all the decisions and actions that had led them to where they were now. Taking a breath, she continued to listen to Valentine. "I see what you mean, it makes sense." She looked off to the side, studying the bleached bones of the trees for a moment. "While I have yet to meet Yfir's Alpha, I'm sure my thoughts would be similar as yours. Those who are respected are more likely to succeed with their pack, and are more likely to succeed in gaining respect from other packs." That being said, she wondered who really respected Arian, and who simply felt sorry for her. While Avalon admired her for trying, that didn't mean everyone else did.

She frowned a bit at his decline of her offer, but it was to be expected. If he didn't respect Arian, then it was no surprise. She simply offered a curt nod, and though she was slightly upset about it, it wasn't towards him. The mistakes of one, affected the pack as a whole. And now, Arian's past mistakes led them to gaining no strong potential allies...She thought imperium could have been a valuable asset, but she did not press it further. It somewhat surprised her then, when Valentine wanted to change the subject to her. Amber gaze met his blue gaze, untold emotion in her gaze as he talked about what he saw in her. While Sonticus lacked skilled fighters, and while not many seemed really...interested, in training...shouldn't she step it up and help them with that? But then...what if it was wasted effort?

When he told her he wanted her to consider Imperium, her gaze betrayed shock. She listened quietly as Valentine explained his part, and when he finished she remained quiet for some time. It was alot to process, alot to think about. Could she really leave sonticus to their own devices? Leave them with one less capable member? Part of her felt like they would be okay. They were quiet enough now that trouble should leave them alone. But at the same time, she felt like if she did leave, arian would hate her and she would feel as if she were betraying her adopted family.

She thought carefully before she spoke, perhaps she would think about it...but would she really fit into Imperium? She wasn't mean, or one to jump at the chance to run into a fight. She wanted to learn how to fight to protect those she cared for, would that be an option? "I may have to consider your offer...leaving sonticus would almost feel like I'm betraying them. But...I do want to learn how to better my skills, to use them to protect those I care for." Yes, she was unsure at this moment. And she needed to carefully consider it. Staring him in the eye, she became more focused as she wanted to know a bit more. Last time she had run headfirst into something, it ended up being something she hated. "When you say like minded individuals, what do you mean? I don't wish to judge your pack, but I've heard many things of some wolves from there being quite...headstrong, rude, or jumping at the chance to fight. I'm not sure how I would fit in there. Can you tell me more of your pack and those that live there?" Maybe seeing for herself would be better...but she hoped valentine wouldn't simply sugar coat his members antics. She was genuinely curious, but would she be the odd man out with completely different morals?

"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

11-15-2015, 07:27 PM

She spoke of leaving Sonticus and how it would feel, and Valentine couldn't help but counter, "Be honest. How long do you see Sonticus lasting?" That's right, he said lasting. Not surviving and certainly not thriving. Lasting. "The end of winter? The end of summer? You have to know it's not going to be around for long. So with that in mind, is it a betrayal or would you just be saving yourself from the chaos of the inevitable?"

Avalon grew serious, her jaw setting and her gaze growing steady. Perfect. They were getting down to business now. Her first question was easy. "Motivated wolves who know what they want and are willing to work for it. You may not share the same interests, but you share that." He nodded at her description of some of his wolves. "That describes some of my wolves," he answered truthfully, "Some of my wolves are hotheaded and brash, but there are others who are just as levelheaded and thoughtful. We have a pretty diverse group. I wouldn't expect you to get along with everyone, but I have no doubt that you would find your place among them and flourish."

His expression open and just as serious as Avalon's, he queried, "What would you like to know?" Valentine was willing to answer most questions put to him, although anything suspicious would be quickly shot down. Just because he was determined to bring her to Imperium didn't mean he was blind to the possibility that she would just fish for information, tell him no and then spill all to her packmates. "Despite what you may have heard, it's not all conquest and captive-taking. It's hard work and unity; shared interests in a common goal! The goal to create a rock solid place to raise our children without fear of our neighbors." He grew impassioned. "To raise up strong, capable wolves who aren't afraid to take on the world. To train up confident individuals not victims." He considered pacing. The kind of energy he felt needed to go somewhere and it wasn't leaving in words fast enough. "Imperium is a place to make a name for yourself, to be known across Alacritia for your skill!" Realizing he was on the verge of a long winded speech, Valentine stilled. "It's many things and if you'll let me I can talk about it for hours."

"Talk" "You" Think