size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

1KFamousTreat 2019
09-05-2015, 09:34 PM

At last, he'd finally decide to partake in his first training within the pack. Zell hadn't been particularly integrated, the pack life still wary on him. The tribe he was born in was fairly different, then again they had to go through a lot of rigorous training to endure the harsh terrain of the frozen world he once belonged to. Now though, he was tired of sitting on his backside and observing the wolves around him, and it was time to do something. After the meeting with the alphas, which to Zell, had been mass confusion among some sort of weird reunion, he would take it upon himself to call his partner. The large male he assumed was Lark was nowhere to be found, so the alpha had paired him with someone else that Zell didn't know. No matter. Tilting his head back, he sent out a summons for his partner, hopefully whoever it was had been aware of the changes.

"Talk"
Tracker||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Starling

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
09-12-2015, 01:39 AM
Starling had been told of the change, and he was rather late getting to it. When he had come home he had asked Bass if he could participate in the fight training as well as the healer training, and was told his first opponent was Zell. He hoped this time would go so much better than the time with Tinaro, but he had been practicing. He knew his stance, he was a tad more coordinated, and if he worked on it he could get better...right? Perhaps he wasn't as...adept in fighting as healing, and it didn't come as easily. But if he just practiced and trained he could get better...right? So today, when he had heard the call, he had raced to his store and grabbed the pre-built bundle of herbs and trotted towards the call. It was that little detour that caused him to take his time, to be late, but he needed to be ready to treat his and his opponents wounds. He trotted towards the boy that he had never seen before and curiousity filled him. He wondered...was this like Lillianna, did this boy just show up when Starling had left, or was the young Destruction just very...clueless. Stopping a good distance away he pawed at the earth and dropped his herbs where he hoped they'd be safe before trotting towards the boy. He dipped his head then, a small smile on his face. "H-hello," He said in his gentle voice, stopping about 8 feet from the boy. "M-my name is Starling. I...g-guess we'll be f-fighting today." He said with a grin, shifting his feet to stand at a shoulder width apart.

"Burn Baby Burn" | "Italian"

Zell

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

1KFamousTreat 2019
09-24-2015, 04:34 PM
He huffed as he waited for his partner. Did all the kids think that because they were the Alpha's kids, that they could do whatever they wanted and show up whenever they wanted? Maybe it was just him...his tribe after all, had instilled discipline into everyone. It was what they were all about. So when the boy finally did arrive, stuttering an apology, Zell merely stood and faced him. So...it was the kid that called him dumb eh? Well, this would be interesting. So now he decides to be nice? Was he bipolar or something?

"Oh for the love of God." He muttered under his breath. Sighing, he flattened his ears as he glared at the boy, a guarded look in his eyes. "Well Starling, I hope you're prepared. I'm sure you'd like a chunk outta me after that hunt." Shaking his massive form, he set his legs equidistant apart and rolled his shoulders forward. Head lowered over his throat, aligning with his spine and tail flagging out to align as well. The kid was small, and he was unsure if he wanted to get this over with so they could go their separate ways or if he wanted to talk first. Either way, Zell had set some minor defenses just in case. "You can go first if you want." His voice drew out lazily, a deep breath to calm himself passing his lips.
Tracker||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Starling

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
09-26-2015, 01:07 PM
Starling would look at the man he was facing, knowing his attempt at being polite was desperately in vain. He couldnt help but feel remotely insulted,  but it wasnt the time for that now. "L-look, im sorry a-about the hunt." He said softly then, looking at Zell with an open expression, his lips pulled slightly to the side and his brows pinched just so. He honestly was sorry. "I-i shouldnt h-have said an-anything, s-since i didnt even know your n-name. But I a-am Lillianna's healer, an-and i know h-how sensitive s-she is o-over her scars." He sighed then, shaking his head slightly. Apologies didnt have buts. "I w-was being honest, a-about how Abaven i-is a family, and w-we help e-each other out. So I w-want to help y-you some how…" No matter what it was. They were packmates, it was their job to help each other.  "A-and im s-sorry I w-was late, i-i had to g-get some herbs f-for our fight. I-it is my job t-too h-heal us wh-when our fight is over." He would look up at Zell then, a small sheepish smile touching his lips before he shook his head. "Wh-why dont y-you go first.." He said softly, swallowing his anxiety as he shifted on his paws to push his shoulders forward just slightly.

"Burn Baby Burn"
"Italian"

Zell

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

1KFamousTreat 2019
09-27-2015, 10:51 PM

He sighed as the kid spoke, blue gaze scrutinizing the kids look and could see that he meant it. He pursed his lips, could he let go of his pride and anger over something stupid? Sure he felt disrespected, and he hated when others did that to him when all they seemed to do was judge him because of the way he was. But the more Starling talked, the more he would find his anger fading. He was kind of adorable...the way he stuttered like that. "Look, Starling. I'm not...upset at you in particular. I'm just...working through some personal things, and with everyone's speech about being a family well, you can't blame me for getting mad about it. Nobody tried to make me feel like a part of this family at all, and I get it. I'm the the new guy." He chuckled a little afterwards, eyes twinkling with teasing humor. "So you're just her healer? I was afraid you were her boyfriend or something."

His body relaxed, rolling his muscles to further relax them so he wasn't so tense, he gazed at the boy with a somewhat kinder and softer look. "Hey don't worry about it, at least you're here. And we're here to learn right? Maybe I can teach you a thing or two and maybe you can teach me some of what you know sound fair?"

"Talk"
Tracker||Plotter

Starling

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
09-27-2015, 11:34 PM
Starling would breathe a slight breath of relief as Zell spoke, seeming to forgive him. It was true that Starling did speak irrationally and out of turn, but what he had said had truth to it. It wasn't right for Zell to make that comment but that didn't make it right for Starling to make his. "I d-didn't m-mean it wh-when I s-said you d-didn't have m-much b-between th-the ears. W-who knows, y-you might have m-more than a l-little." He said with a cheeky grin, trying to tease. He wanted to be playful, he wanted to act the same around Zell as he did around Lillianna or Angelus. The feeling was addicting, this stress free playfulness that came from friendship. For a workaholic healer, that feeling came by as often as a blue moon, but he longed for more. He'd just nod slowly, shifting and looking at the ground. "I-I, ah, sp-spent a wh-while away f-from Abaven, l-learning h-how Sonticus h-heals a-and t-the h-herbs up north th-that I w-wasn't h-here when you j-joined. B-but if I w-were I would h-have given you a t-tour or something." He shuffled awkwardly on his paws then, turning blue eyes back up to Zell. "Th-the offer i-is on the t-table though, e-even if i-it's a tad late." He said softly, a small smile on his lips before he blinked in confusion at Zell's comment. With a shake of his head he tried to clarify that he was not Lillianna's boyfriend. He had never, in his short life, thought of that, especially not with Lillianna. She was his friend! Perhaps his best friend outside of his sister. He was too busy for anything like that anyways. "N-no, j-just her h-healer. T-taking care o-of those i-injuries o-of hers."

He would watch as Zell relaxed, and he seemed to relax as well, even more so mentally than physically. This was great! Bass would be happy, right? He did tell Starling to apologize. Besides, why have enemies in your own pack, that wasn't right. Abaven was all about being a family and to work together, so...this was good! He would smile brightly and nod quickly. "I-I'd like th-that." He said with a bright grin and a quiet voice before he shifted slightly, lowering his head. "N-now make th-the first move! Th-this is training after a-all." He giggled, swaying his tail behind him as he watched his opponent and, hopefully one day, friend.

Zell

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

1KFamousTreat 2019
10-01-2015, 09:37 PM

One eye squinted and the others brow rose as he looked at Starling after his comment about having a little between the ears. Well, at least he was joking this time. With a smirk, Zell chuckled "Keep pushin' it kid!" He winked at him. To be honest, he liked this guy already. He found himself quickly forgetting about the boys insulting words about his intelligence, and he liked the fact that he had apologized. He guessed his little patient hated him and would refuse to talk to him until she could boss him around again, but until she came to talk to him he probably would ignore everything she had to say. He was irked with her in all honesty, the brat calling him big red guy instead of trying to learn his name. But he would.forget it for now.

He nodded to Starling at the offer of a tour, a light smile touching his lips. "I'd like that. Still haven't really looked around yet."  alright, enough talk! It was time for training after all, and Zell would take the chance to show Starling a few things. What better way to learn then by doing? He didn't want to go too hard on him, but he didn't know what his skill was either...it was a debatable moment, but in the end he shrugged it off. Couldn't get better without getting dirty.

Setting his legs equidistant apart, his ears pinned against his head and eyes would narrow. Brows furrowed to further protect his eyes, although he felt like the smaller boy would have a hard time getting to his face anyway. Hackles rose along his spine, tail flared out to guide him and aligning with his spine. Head lowered as well to align with his spine, chin tucking and lowering over his throat. Toes splayed across the ground, claws digging into the earth for traction as he briefly thought about his first move.

Everyone always expected a head on attack...so he began by slowly stalking around to Stars left, head lowered as he sought the perfect moment. Without any other warning, he launched at Starling as he sought to close the distance between them, his body swaying slightly to his own right as he endeavored to collide directly with Stars left just behind the elbow. To do this, he jutted the bony part of his chest straight out, attempting to slam his barreled chest into his target while using all his weight and knock the kid down, possibly bruise him too. Teeth bared as well to protect his face should star counterattack.

As he strove to do this, his teeth snaked forward and attempted to snap closed upon the back of Stars neck, just above where the scruff rolled and bunched. He aimed for a grip, if he could control stars head then he would be set. All he needed now was another distraction...aha! Left paw snaked forward then, his weight redistributed to his three grounded legs as he attempted to hook it around Stars left paw. He hoped to pull it from under him, possibly trip or distract him enough to get a good hold with his teeth.

Zell vs Starling for Spar
Round 1/2?

"Talk"
Tracker||Plotter

Starling

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
10-04-2015, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2015, 01:42 PM by Starling. Edit Reason: Permission from Luns. Forgot the rounds T_T )
Star's smile was his only response to Zell's acceptance of a tour, before it became all business. His eyes would narrow slightly then, watching as the man's body fluidly fell into a stance Star had had to practice time and time again. He analyzed with his quick mind, eyes curving along every line of the man's warrior stance, spotting no weaknesses, before he, too, began his own. His ears would fold back as his head lowered to protect the vital underbit of his throat. He'd shift on his already spread legs, keeping them at a shoulder-hip width apart to aid in his balance, as toes massaged the earth and claws bit into the sand. His eyes remained narrowed as he raised his lips, wrinkling the flesh along his muzzle and cheek to protect his youthful features. With a sway of his tail he'd tuck it beneath him, to protect himself for the time being. Weight would settle on bent hind limbs, muscles coiling in wait for the first move. His fur would piloerect, puffing him out so there was more to bite through, as his shoulders pushed up and forward to bunch the loose flesh along the back of his neck, to aid in it's protection as well. Jaws would part to allow himself to breathe easier, and to help aid in the protection of his neck. He had practiced this enough times with Aunt Motif, that it all felt second nature now.

Sharp blue eyes, sharper now in battle with his pupils dilated to take in every movement, watched his opponent with precision and a sharp mind. He'd analyze every twitch, watch as Zell began to stalk around his side, and Star refused to give him that access. His forepaws would step around to his left, his hind legs to the right as Zell moved, spinning his body around to keep the headlong stance between him and his opponent. With each step he'd take, he'd rebalance his weight on all four paws, keeping them at shoulder width. A small growl would rumble in his throat, causing his lips to curl up along his teeth more, his body tense and weight pushing further onto his coiled hind limbs. The second Zell kicked off in his approach, Starling would leap forward as well, attempting to aid in closing the distance between them. He'd attempt to swerve slightly to his own right as Zell seemed to have the same idea. Since Starling had turned to face him, his side was inaccessible, so instead of throwing all his weight into his left side, Zell would instead be faced with the left of his chest and bone shoulder. A slight yelp burst from Starling's lungs as chest met chest in a bone shaking collision. The pain that blossomed quickly told his whirling mind that he would bruise severely at the end of the day (a part of his mind already mapping our herb dosage, quantity in store and locations if needed). Luckily for Starling, chest to chest wouldn't allow Zell the opportunity to barrell him over, with his weight evenly distributed on bent hind limbs, toes and claws biting into sand. Instead, he would skid back upon impact, his light weight no match for Zell's warrior form.

Zell's teeth also missed their mark because of the change in position, as Starling felt the painful feeling of teeth slicing through the flesh along the side of his neck, close to his nape but still on the side of his neck. Teeth ribboned the skin, causing blood to bead and then seep through fur, but nowhere near deep enough to be labelled as anything more than moderate lacerations. A solid grip wasn't given to his opponent this time, due to change of position, but enough of a wound that Starling would be in pain latter. He felt his opponent snake his paw around his own left leg, and quickly he'd lift it, redistributing his weight to his other three limbs to keep Zell from tripping him.

All this happened in the millaseconds since the impact rang through him, and the second the vibrations in his head would allow him to think, he's snap to action. His jaws would part before thrusting forward, attempting to wrap his jaws around the tender front of Zell's throat, which was more accessible to him to do their height difference. He would try to wrap his upper fangs on the left side of Zell's neck, and the bottoms around the right of his throat. He wanted a controlling grip, one that might allow him to cut of Zell's air supply, but nothing too terribly damaging. Simultanous with this, he would thrust his whole body forward with coiled hind limbs, attempted to push the larger man so his throat grip might be more effective and land. His left forepaw, still up in his response to the tripping attempt, would then try to reach and grab Zell's own left leg, in an attempt to pull towards Starling's chest, and let gravity bring that throat closer to him, if he managed to succeed in a forwards pull.

Star vs Zell
for Spar
1/2