ardent

There was this one traveling salesman...

Rudy

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
09-06-2015, 06:11 PM

Well, it could be worse, at least this time Almandine was stretched out across his shoulders instead of riding in his trading goods.  Rudy paused to adjust his jaws which were fastened to four corners of a deer skin.  Within the skin where a variety of wares.  Cleaned skins of various animals, dried herbs, assorted rocks, skulls, bones, feathers and assorted strange objects he'd picked up on his numerous travels.  He'd travel and trade the items for shelter, food or other unusual artifacts.  Alma, his traveling companion loved to lay atop the furs but it seemed this afternoon she would seek to lay atop his fur.

Rudy resisted yelping as the sleeping cat's claws kneaded at his shoulders.  Ow,ow,ow,ow… why did he have to choose such a prickly companion?  While he usually traded with groups of loners there were a large number of packs in Alacritis and the man sought to trade with the packs here before he moved on to new lands.  Almandine was right… he might have better luck.  Though packs could also be dangerous.  After all he was only one wolf and while Rudy was a good fighter in his own right he couldn't take on a whole pack.

Striding through the rich vegetation of the Serpent Plains the man paused as he caught the scent of a border.  Verdant gaze lingered along the ground, keeping an eye open for snakes as he approached the border and then when it seemed clear he carefully set down his wares and howled for the wolves of Abaven to see if any would be interested in a little trading.  As he howled though sudden claws in his shoulders caused him to yelp.

"OW!  Alma what's the deal?" He turned to look at his friend who was frizzed up and glaring at him from her cool violet eyes.  

"How about a little warning first before you go waking up the whole dam neighborhood?  Asshole."  She repositioned herself on his back and started smoothing her fur down and Rudy half debated dumping her off but knowing the cats claws she'd shred him all the way down before he finally dislodged her…. hairy parasite.

"Speech"
"Almandine Speech"

Allen

gems
size
build
player
09-07-2015, 11:00 AM

A howl was what stirred him from his slumber. The man would lift a brow, letting out a low yawn as he rose from where he lay. Someone was at the borders, and he had to wonder what it might be that they wanted. Abaven was already quite full, a pack that was at it's limit as far as members went. Especially with Wren and Limno both expecting. The man would breathe in, letting out the softest of sighs as he rose from beside his Nona. Noen would stir, but his son would not wake. Thank goodness. He really didn't want his son traveling with him to the borders.

So Allen would set off, wondering if Bass too had heard the howl. He would let out a yawn, shaking his head back and forth as he tried to shake the sleepiness from his body. He honestly hoped that it wasn't anything too serious that the stranger needed. He didn't feel in the shape at the moment for a fight if it called for it, but it didn't seem like the howl spoke of trouble.

He would arrive to find the loner his... companion outside of Abaven's borders. He would offer a light smile, tail raised just slightly as he approached. "You stand on the borders of Abaven, young sir. What can I help you with?"

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'
Table by:: Tealah

Rudy

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
09-23-2015, 08:00 PM

Rudy released a sigh of relief as the irate cat leapt from his back… well relief until she proceeded to start kneading his precious furs. "Alma! Oi, cut it out." He reached down and picked the protesting feline up by the scruff of her neck before swiftly depositing her a few feet away. "I don't think anyone is interested in trading for an irate stabey-stabey claw monster."

Almandine's fur frizzed up a bit as she stuck her tongue out at the man. "I'm not sure anyone wants to trade with an overgrown butt-licking sourpuss like you either." Rudy ignored her comment. They were both tired and sore and it was starting to wear on him, he could only hope that he could strike some sort of deal with this pack but if not he supposed it was onward and upward.

Soon an older earthen male approached them, seemingly still quite sleepy. Abaven huh? Rudy dipped his head in greeting. "Good morning to you sir, my name is Rudy Rakshiel and this is my companion Almandine. We are traveling traders of fine and unusual goods." Leaning down he carefully nipped the edges of his deer skin to show the items held within. Pelts, plants and feathers of various kinds as well as unusual and shiny rocks, shells, and all manner of odd items. "I am also happy to assist in hunts, searches and custom requests in return for shelter and food or other items I can trade elsewhere. Would you or someone in your pack be interested in any of these or my services? My companion is one of the finest mousers on the continent."

"Speech"
"Almandine Speech"

Starling

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
09-27-2015, 09:26 PM
Starling wasnt usually curious about borderside howls, in fact he normally ignored him unless, on the very very rare ocassion, his name was mentioned. Visitors werent his job, unless they were injured, but there was something about this one that stirred his interest. Perhaps it was the clipped ending and…was that a yelp? Yeah, he wanted to see what this was about, for once. Yet he still hung back for a good few minutes, and took his time trotting towards the border, just to ensure someone other than him had greeted the stranger first. It wasnt that he was scared….no, wait, that was why. Either way, his luck would have it! A small smile settled on his lips when he saw Allen, and with a gentle dip of his head he greeted him. Starling had arrived just in time to catch the stranger's speil, and he was instantly intrigued. Stepping towards the man he'd dip his head slightly. "H-hello, my name i-is Starling." He said with a gentle smile. "And y-you mentioned…a trade? W-would you b-be interested i-in r-rare herbs f-for s-some of y-your pelts?" He said politely, motioning to the man's wares at his paws. "I-if so i-i might have s-some of i-interest to y-you" He'd grin then, tilting his head just sligjtly in question.

"Burn Baby Burn"
"Italian"

Allen

gems
size
build
player
10-02-2015, 02:19 PM

Allen would observe the things that the strange had, listening to the words that he had to say. He would smile gently to the other, especially as Starling came along. “Well it seems that my friend’s son is interested in your items. I’ll call for him, and allow him to decide if you’d be allowed to stay. These are the sorts of matters I feel safer allowing him to decide.” Tilting his head back Allen would howl for Bass. Then, giving a small nod to the stranger he’d speak but once more. “I’ll leave you to your trade, friend.” The earthern male would pad off then, not sticking around to see if Starling got any of the things he desired or not.

--Exit Allen.--

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'
Table by:: Tealah

Rudy

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
10-03-2015, 02:24 PM

As Rudy waited to see if the other man would be interested in a trade a young lad would arrive. All smiles Rudy would dip his head in greeting and invitation, if the boy were interested in anything he was welcome to come and take a closer look. Almandine wound her way around Rudy's legs, her head rubbing against his shin, depositing her scent. Just in case any of the wolves here were wondering just who Rudy belonged to.

The older man would excuse himself and leave Rudy and the boy to their trading. He was surprised at the mention of rare herbs. Often the youngsters could only offer him bones but this boy seemed to be something special. Rudy nodded. "Certainly! What herbs do you happen to have? Also, what of my wares catches your fancy?" He spread a few items out and unrolled some of the furs.

At the mention of herbs Almandine would step forward, she would be determining what exactly the boy was showing them and verifying his words. Rudy was hopeless. He couldn't tell a rose from a dandelion. "I take it you're a healer? I'm Almandine, the herbologist. This is Rudy. What's your name? It's always best to know names before we start making deals. We aren't shady underfolk after all." She reached out and pawed at Rudy, a mild scolding for not re-introducing himself.

"Speech"
"Almandine Speech"