Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
09-12-2015, 09:06 PM

It was time. Beckoning to Renhett, Valentine began to walk away from the small gathering of healers. He'd had trouble concentrating throughout the meeting and it wasn't because the subject matter wasn't interesting. His thoughts had been consumed by the possibility that there was a spy in Imperium's midst. It had struck him as odd that after their little trip to Sonticus there had been no retaliation and he had been wondering. What kind of pack let another get away with such a blatant disrespect? The answer escaped him and he'd had no idea what to make of it until today. It was possible that having a single wolf in Imperium watching and gathering intel was more profitable than a retaliation.

Stopping once he was sure they were alone, Valentine slowly turned on his heel to face the woman. He'd never been sure what to make of her profession and now he doubted its legitimacy altogether. Perhaps claiming to be a healer of the mind had been an attempt to appear exotic; surely Imperium had no one like that currently, right? Maybe she'd thought it a guaranteed way in.

His expression veiled, he asked, "Where have you been, Renhett?" Valentine offered no explanation, no small talk, he simply asked a question and expected an answer. Whether or not she realized it yet, this was an interrogation.

""

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Renhett

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Arian
09-14-2015, 08:43 PM

Renhett wasn't sure how to feel about Valentine's upset expression. It had struck her as odd at first, considering who she was she didn't think that the relationship between imperium and sonticus effected hers between her family. Of course she'd gladly attack her own if it meant it came down to it, but all that had happened was a small babysitting thing. As he asked, she wouldn't jump around the bush either. Many didn't believe in her profession, but he was a good read as any wolf. "Ahhh Sonticus' smell, I babysat one of Arian's kids for a couple of hours when I went to visit my uncle in Abaven. I should have asked you first but it was last minute. Arian is my cousin so I figured a favor wouldn't do any harm. My main goal was to visit Allen though nothing to do with Sonticus." She shrugged her shoulders a bit. "I apologize if this upset you, I don't have to talk with them anymore if you wish." That was the truth.

It wasn't only as a healer did she think she dodged a lot of things, but as a family member indeed. From the way Arian sounded, from what Renhett took she didn't harbor any bad feelings towards Imperium. The woman was just figuring herself out, she had stepped into a lions den and now was trying to feed her meat off to her kids so that they could eventually protect her. It was an idiotic thing but Sonticus was not even worth being a threat even if she had heard about what Valentine and Cascade did in the lands. Renehtt showed no fear, but she was genuinely sorry that she had upset the king somehow. Probably because she wanted to know more about him. Perhaps this was how to get his attention, but it would have been a stupid way to go around it.

"Talk"

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

09-20-2015, 02:46 PM

She was far too eager to explain herself, somehow knowing exactly what had been on his mind. If she had been hoping to dispel his fears by pinpointing the source of his suspicions so quickly, her plan had backfired. Instead of easing them, she'd only strengthened his belief that something was up. Who but a guilty person would be so quick to part with the desired information? A certain amount of naivety went a long way to increase the likelihood of being believed - but she knew exactly what he'd been thinking of, going so far as to answer his question and then explain why she'd done it as if she already knew his worries. "What makes you think that's why I pulled you aside?"

""

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Renhett

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Arian
09-23-2015, 07:41 PM

She was as simple as to put her trust in certain wolves. Valentine was as pretty as could be, they had clashed teeth before as well. Even from then she was in awe of the man, that and in awe of Cascade as well. Everyone here in Imperium made her feel.... at home. So perhaps the reason she delved so quickly to answer was for the fact she feared for her position in Imperium in the first place. Though her ears twitched when he asked her, why was it that. Her paws moved a little bit, clearly becoming a little more flustered. Damnit, he had caught her off guard with that one. Her heart was starting to beat against her chest so fast.

"At the healer meeting, your body twitched a bit. It indicated some sort of frustration. Your nose was moving too, scenting. So then when you pulled me off the side and asked me where I'd been I only assumed because of your body about the question that it was that." she tried to explain for a moment. If she could, her face would be bright red. But, as a wolf she couldn't entirely blush. "I didn't meant to try and read you, it's just a habit with what I do. And... and because I really like you I don't want you to be upset with me. I've met a lot of wolves in Imperium and it's made me feel more at home than any other place ever has been." Renhett shut her eyes for a moment. Calm down and compose herself. She had to, her muscles tightened and relaxed again. Her tail flicking from side to side like a wag, but obviously that was not it. "You're just really pretty. Cascade is too I admire the two of you." she spoke finally trying to calm herself down as she looked at Valentine again.

"Talk"

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

09-27-2015, 05:59 PM

He took her explanation is silence, choosing to study her while she answered while keeping a tight hold on a carefully constructed poker face. If there was any merit to the profession she claimed to be part of then he didn't want her reading him and fabricating a response that she thought he wanted to hear. There was a balance he had to find, a way to ask his questions while giving away as little as possible. Deciding on a line of questioning, he stated, "So you knew dealing with Sonticus wolves was a bad idea."

Her first mention of liking him didn't immediately set off any alarm bells, but that, coupled with her tell him he was pretty, did the trick. Stunned, but hiding it moderately well, Valentine's chin rose as he regarded Renhett with a veiled expression. He didn't know what to make of such a statement. That, combined with the nature of their conversation, only further his suspicion. Was she trying to deflect the conversation, preying on his vanity in the hopes of buttering him up so he'd forget his distrust? If that was the case it wasn't going to work.

Clearing his throat first, Valentine then searched Renhett's eyes as he spoke. "While I appreciate those words I'd rather you keep such observations to yourself." There was a divide he wished to keep between himself and his members. Only once had he given in and he had no intention of ever doing it again.

""

Renhett

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Arian
10-07-2015, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2015, 10:51 AM by Renhett.)

Great, leave it up to Renhett to fuck something up. In her head she was rolling her eyes, but she wouldn't be as to stupid to do that in front of him. As he spoke about her knowing dealing with Sonticus wolves would be a bad idea, her eyes centered towards the ground. "At the time I wasn't thinking about them being Sonticus I was thinking of them as part of my family." it would probably quickly change on that matter. Imperium was taking a hold over her heart way quicker than her strange family had. All their oddities, some of their impurities. Renhett was part of a line that was known for their misfortune, so it was no wonder she had gotten herself into this situation. As sad as she was for him to turn her down, her eyebrow twitching. He probably had his reasons, and she didn't need to go butting in on that. "Right, sorry." she muttered before looking up at him.

"I won't go near them again if that's what you wish. I think at his point I'd do anything to try and keep my position in Imperium. I've been to places where one mistake means you get your head torn off." So she could call it force of habit trying to correct herself as quickly as possible. Maybe her body just tended to freak out when she felt her little haven was in a position of danger. Renhett wouldn't get anywhere with Valentine, but simple as that he was her alpha. There were plenty of other males within the pack, her paws itching to get a hold on some of them of course. It would be a dream come true if she could do anything with Cascade, but that was only wishful thinking.

"Talk"