ardent

Shake The Forest To Its Roots

Félicien

gems
size
build
player
09-23-2015, 12:49 PM

He hadn't gone to the challenge. He hadn't thought, for one second, that Novella would lose.   Félicien wasn't sure what to do. What to think. All he knew was members of his family were gone now. Novella, Aslan, Frith, Sorrel... all of them were gone. Frith had mentioned something about leaving back to some old lands but Féli hadn't really been paying attention. He didn't want to go with them. He wanted to stay in Alacritia and, knowing Abaven was family, that was where Félicien would set off.

Tac was hopefully somewhere close by, and by his side was young Thalos. Arkay, the other of Novella and Frith's youngest, was likely somewhere close by. Hopefully padding alongside Tac if he got sidetracked by anything. Félicien would let out a soft sigh, coming to stand by Abaven's borders. Any of Threar's old members were likely to join him here, something he'd add in his song as he called for Bass.

That song finished Félicien would look to Thalos, who seemed to be a bit crestfallen about it all. But he had wanted to stay in Alacritia as well, stay with Féli. The golden boy had promised to keep them safe... and that he would. The older male would gently nuzzle Thalos' head, a gentle smile on his lips. "Shhh... things will be alright." The young man promised.

"Listen to me talk," 'but read my thoughts.'

Table by:: Eldarwen

Thalos

gems
size
build
player
09-23-2015, 12:55 PM

Thalos didn't understand what was happening. His home was lost, and his parents were heading out of their home, away from Alacritia, to go elsewhere. He didn't understand it, but he did know this. He didn't want to leave their home. The golden man, his cousin, had promised that everything would be alright. That eventually they would reclaim what was theirs. But for right now all they could do was wait. To go to Abaven and try to make a new home there. It wasn't the best choice but, well, Thalos was willing to give it a shot. It was better than leaving completely.

Orange gaze would glance over his shoulder, searching for Arkay. He wished that his brother was up here beside him, closer. The pup felt hurt, his stomach queasy like he was going to be sick. He would let out a soft sigh, looking up at Féli when they stopped. "Hope so..." The boy would whisper.

""  

Farore

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
09-23-2015, 01:04 PM

Mommy had been hurt really bad. She didn't know why someone had wanted her home, to take everything she'd ever known out from under her, but they did. They'd hurt her mother and caused her family to split apart. Mother was so badly injured that Her father had to take her back to where her Aunt Lyric lived. Whie they'd been given a choice to stay or go, she found that she couldn't leave Tally and Ark. The good bye had been more than difficult, but mommy promised she'd see them again someday, and Faore believed her. Though she didn't yet know that Novella would never step foot on Alacritian lands again.

She followed after Feli and Tally closely, her little paws keeping up with them barely. She was still incredibly small compared to her brothers, but her spirit did not reflect her size. She was eager for this new adventure, and though she was scared and confused about the events leading up to their banishment. (Would they come after her family again? Would she ever really be safe in this new pack?) There were too many unanswered questions, and she wouldn't burden Feli with them. She'd just trust that he was right. Snuggling up to Thalos she'd await what would be next for them.

""

any of my pp of novella/elds chars has been approved by eldarwen.
also couldn't resist keeping Faro around
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Arkay

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
09-24-2015, 06:57 AM

Arkay had said hardly a word during the journey. His small mind couldn't quite make sense of everything that had happened to him in his short time on this earth. His mother and father had left them... They'd promised to return but the idea of facing the world without his mother's warmth and his father's strength was terrifying in an instinctual way that had rendered the small boy skittish. He had also decided that he loved his cousin very much, and missed the rest of his family quite desperately! Feli said that they were going to live with other Destructions, and that thought alone had filled his tiny limbs with the strength to keep up instead of falling to the ground and wailing for his mother.

Ark moved closer to Farore and Thalos' sides. The trauma of losing their home had instilled in him a protective, desperate need to be close to them at all times, but the mind of a pup was having a hard time rationalizing any of it. All he knew was that he was scared, so scared, almost all the time. Nothing was familiar to him, nothing was safe. His lower lip quivered and he looked up at Felician. His reassurance was taking at his word, Ark not knowing any better than to trust his cousin's face value. He was an adult after all, he had to know what he was talking about. Still, he murmured, "I'm scared," in a voice so small and sweet it was almost inaudible. All he wanted was to ball up with his siblings and sleep for a thousand years. He wanted to go back to the warm den that smelled like milk, he wanted his home, but more than anything he wanted the fear to go away...

"Talk" "You" Think

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
09-24-2015, 11:44 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2015, 12:27 PM by Evelyn.)

It was a call that he had been waiting for since Novella fell in battle.

He had been across the plains when the call rang out, and he ran towards them as fast as possible. When he saw the group of little ones gathered on his border with Feli, he slowed to a trot and smiled at the little ones. Good, he had been worried about his Aunt's newest litter. "Thank goodness, I have been worried sick about where you all had gone off to." He said softly, softly dropping to his rump so that he sat before the small group. He tried to speak in hushed tones, not wanting to frighten the pups any more than they probably already were. "Its nice to finally meet you all. I was going to come over soon to say hello." He said to the pups, a smile on his maw. "I am your cousin Bass, what are your names little ones?"

Bass laid down so that his face was closer to the ground, his rump wiggling to and fro as his golden eyes looked over the beautiful pups. "You guys are just in time too! My mate just had two puppies, and I am sure that they want to meet you. My other kids are a bit older, but I am sure that they can't wait to meet you either." He rumbled happily. Looking up at the older wolf, he tossed a wink his way. He just wanted them to be calm. "I gather that you are looking for a home? What is your field of study? The ranks work a bit differently here than you are used to, but I can talk to you about that later." His first priority was to see that these pups were calm and happy.

""

Félicien

gems
size
build
player
09-24-2015, 01:32 PM

Félicien knew they were scared. Goodness he knew. He had been terrified when his own parents had disappeared, and he had been older than these poor little babes. He would give a gentle nuzzle to Arkay's head. "It's natural to be afraid. But I promise everything will be alright. Bass is a kind man. He'll take care of us." He would offer a smile to the little ones, trying to put on a brave face for them all. They needed him right now. They needed as much love and tenderness as the wolves around them had to offer. "...and I promise I'm not going anywhere. You can count on me."

Féli was doing his best to soothe the little ones, and when Bass arrived his words were just as soothing towards the little ones. Félicien felt better hearing them too, and the golden young man would dip his head as he was addressed. Understood. We'll talk about all that later." Félicien would look down at the little ones, waiting to see if they would introduce themselves.

Thalos

gems
size
build
player
09-25-2015, 08:57 PM

It was natural to be scared. To be uncertain. But his cousin promised that they would be alright, and Thalos had no reason not to believe, not to trust, the golden male. He would turn to Farore as she leaned into him, giving a gently nudge to her cheek before turning and leaning in towards Arkay, doing the same for him. "Féli is right. We'll be alright... we just got to believe." He wanted to be strong for his siblings, even if he was uncertain himself. He had to be.

A pale man would appear, speaking in soft, hushed tones. His voice was warm, and Thalos immediately decided that he liked him. This was Bass, another of their cousins. The one that Félicien said would take care of them all. He would breathe in, rising up from his sitting position to try and get close to eye level with the man.

"I'm Thalos." He would try to smile, looking at his siblings as Bass said that his mate had just had pups as well. "Hear that? Playmates~" Even with his heart hurting he put on a brave face, glancing back towards Bass. "You'll let us stay?"
""  

Farore

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
09-25-2015, 09:41 PM

Arkay was scared too, it was evident in his snuggles as he caught up behind them. Felicien didn't hesitate to reassure them again, as their eyes met briefly she'd believe him. They were going to be okay. Things would be scary for a while, but everything was gonna be okay. Cousin Bass would be there for them, and even as they spoke of him his pale form would appear. He looked so much like Mommy. His voice was soft, and he wouldn't hesitate to get on their level. His introduction was simple, brief, and easy to understand. He quickly caught her attention with speak of playmates. "I'm Farore... Play?" She hadn't thought about the action since before the call that had rung out beckoning the death of her pack. The breaking up of her family.

Faro didn't know what life had to offer her now that she no longer had her parents so close. Feli was a good cousin though, she loved him a lot and knew she could trust him. With Bass now, he too seemed completely devoted to making them feel at home. It wasn't Threar, but it could be home. Tally would ask if they could stay after Bass asked if they were looking for a home. "Stay?" She'd perk as she awaited the answer.
""  

if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Arkay

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
10-03-2015, 12:16 PM

Arkay clung close to his sibling's sides as a stranger approached. He said he was their cousin and Feli seemed to think that was just fine, so Arkay forced his tiny body to relax as best as he could. He took a deep breath and tried not to shake too bad, he had to be brave. Bass would offer them a home and playmates and safety, it almost seemed to good to be true. Ark cast a furtive glance sideways at Thalos and Farore but both seemed eager for it, as far as he could tell, so he would go along with it. "Thank you, sir," he mumbled, trying to be polite like they'd be taught before... before. He didn't want to let that thought press on.

It was scary to realize that they might never get to go back to their homeland, even if he didn't know it very well in the first place. It had been his family's place, and life anywhere else that he could remember had been scary. He didn't know any other life, and didn't know how to look forward to something nicer, but he tried his best to believe his cousin. Regardless, wherever Farore and Thalos went, he would go too.

"Talk" "You" Think

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
10-03-2015, 12:35 PM

He nodded at Feli, turning his full attention to the little ones before him. They were so young to be torn from their home, but he would make sure that they all remained safe and happy inside Abaven. "Its a real pleasure to meet you all. I am sure that everyone will be really excited to meet you! And of course you can stay Thalos, all of you can call Abaven your home now." He said softly, his tail wagging quickly in the grass. "They would love to play with you Farore, they are always looking for a new friend."

Looking back up at the other pale man, he nodded his head for them all to come in. "Come on in everyone. I can show you to a den that you can share, or even if you wanted I could see if my kids wouldn't mind sharing their den with you until everyone settles." With that he rose to his paws, shaking the bit of dirt that clung to his fur. These were only a few of his family members, but it was better than none.

""

Félicien

gems
size
build
player
10-06-2015, 04:58 PM

Féli had to smile. Bass was wonderful with the little ones, making sure that they were cared for and minded first. The young man would chuckle softly, glad to see the little ones agreeing, even if a bit reluctantly, to want to stay. It would be safe for them here, he was sure. He would get to his paws, gently nosing Arkay, who seemed to be the most reluctant out of the bunch. For now he’d remain silent, wanting to make sure the little ones followed Bass into the lands as he brought up the rear. He would glance to Bass, giving him a small smile in thanks. This man had given them a home once more.

Thalos

gems
size
build
player
10-06-2015, 05:04 PM

Thalos would feel a bit calmer as Bass said that they now had a home in Abaven. He would find himself wearing a small smile, looking to Farore and Arkay. He would make sure his siblings settled in here just fine, and he would give a nod to Bass. “Thank you.” He’d say, dipping his head towards the pale man. He would stay by Farore’s side, glancing from sibling to sibling as Bass offered to find them a den or have them share one with his kids. “What do you guys want to do?” He’d ask, waiting for their responses.

""