Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
09-23-2015, 03:08 PM
Small paws streaked across the ground, bushy tail streaming behind him as he ran. He'd done it. He'd sabotaged his father's major plan but it wasn't enough to stop him. Now they were hunting for his head, but he knew exactly where to go. After three years of planning, he didn't think anything could go wrong. But it had, and now he there was a bounty on his head. But would they follow him here? He had made sure that his trail would be hard to track, and among the kind that lived in these lands, even harder for sure. But the question was, did he still live here?

Leaping across a stream and weaving his way through the rocks, the lad would end his trail among the cover of some bushes, his small body crouched as he panted to catch his breath. Tasting the air, the scent of a pack reached him, but he couldn't remember if it was the same one or not...hopefully, nothing had happened and he was still here. But just in case he was wrong, he sat and waited to see who came along. In the meantime, he used the opportunity to escape the summer heat and catch his breath.

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
09-23-2015, 03:23 PM

He was patrolling the borders when a familiar scent crossed his nose. Perking up, he followed the scent trail with a sly grin on his maw. There was no way that he was back, Bass had missed the fluffbutt so much. "I thought we went over this last time, fox, there is no hiding in my bushes." He rumbled, a smooth chuckle breaking free from his maw. Dipping down to a play bow to try and see Dart hiding in the bushes, his pale tail shot up and waved back and forth. It had been a very long time since he had seen the fox, he thought that he was been off for good when he watched that fluffy tail vanish out of his territory. But that was almost three years ago, which is why Bass never thought that he would see him again. But here he was, hiding in a bush much like he had the first time that they had met. Golden eyes were alight with joy as he waited for Dart to come out of the bush.

"Speech"

Dart

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
09-23-2015, 03:58 PM
He caught his breath when the form he recognized came into view. He could barely contain himself, his old friend was still here! It had been nigh on three years, and he was still around. As he watched the male come towards the bushes, his grin grew wider at the words said. His paws danced on the ground as he pressed himself closer to the dirt, haunches wiggling as Bass drew closer. He would see the man's paws in front of him, and as Bass lowered his head that was when Dart leaped out.

"Bass!!!" A huge smile found its way on his muzzle as he danced around his friend, yipping as he leaped on top of the bowed form and clinging to his back, his body half wrapping around his neck as his tail draped over him. "How ya doin' wolf? Gosh I didn't think you'd still be around!"

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
09-24-2015, 11:10 AM

He was bent down when a large ball of fluff flew at him, leaping on his back and draping his tail around his neck. Letting out a yip of surprise, he reared back playfully and tried to nip at the tail around him. Dart said that he didn't know that he was still here, and as Bass landed on all fours and tried to look up at the fox on his back. "Of course I am still here! I have no plans on going anywhere anytime soon." He said with a chuckle. "And what about you mister fluffy tail? Where did you wander off too?" he asked. It had been so long since he had seen him, and he had been worried about his friend. Trying to stretch up his nose to nuzzle his old friend, he let out a low whine. The last time he saw Dart he thought that it would certainly be the last, but here he was! He hadn't been so glad to see a fox in his entire life time.

"Speech"

Dart

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
09-25-2015, 02:33 AM

>>He laughed and wagged his tail as Bass tried to nip at it, the boy draping himself across his friends shoulders with a content sigh. Never in his dreams did he think he would see his friend again, the only wolf friend he had at that. "Well that's a relief, all this time I've been wondering if you moved on or if something bad had happened to you. To be honest, I wish I'd never left.." Ears twitched at Bass ' question, the male leaning down to affectionately nuzzle his friend and lightly nipping his ear. "Don't be so jealous of my fabulous fluff. You wish you had a tail like mine, haha!" He would swing his tail around to tickle Bass ' nose before slipping to the ground.

Shaking out his fur, he sat before the wolf as his attitude changed to something a bit more serious. He had to tell him sooner or later, and three years was definitely long enough. Taking a deep breath, he wrapped his tail around his paws as he drew circles in the ground, gathering his thoughts. "It's a long story, sure you got the patience to listen to me blab about my life?" He offered a mild grin, God was he glad to see such a friendly face...especially after all this time.

"speak"

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
09-26-2015, 12:58 AM

His own cheerfulness took it down a notch when Dart wished that he had never left, a heavy sigh leaving his lips. "I wish the same thing too, I have missed you so much Dart," he said with a soft whine, although he couldn't help but laugh when that big bushy tail was swatted at his face. "If you keep swinging it around my mouth, I will bite it one day!" he promised, raising himself back up as the fox jumped off his back. He leaned down and places a soft lick at the top of his head, seating himself as Dart did. The fox took on a more serious tone, and Bass adapted the same look. It was obvious that something big had happened, and his golden gaze clouded with worry. "Only if you promise me that you will join Abaven again." He said, half teasing tone in his words. "but of course I will listen, what are friends for, right?"

"Speech"

Dart

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
09-26-2015, 01:58 AM

Oh how he missed the teasing notes. Bass had a way of drawing out Dart's more social side, especially when he used to be alot more shy and introverted, it was because of the wolf that Dart had grown into the now outgoing man that he was. He wished he was as tall as him, but a giant fox walking the lands would surely be an alarm of terror to others. Ears splayed as Bass licked him, and in turn he would return the gesture as he licked Bass ' chin. How long had it been since anyone had shown affection towards him? Or since he himself had shown it? Too long... It made the boy sort of emotional, that even after all this time Bass welcomed him with open arms.

He lightly laughed at Bass' teasing note, swatting him playfully at his nose. "What do you think I came back for, sheepdog? I intended to stay...especially after the events of the last few years." He heaved a heavy sigh, a half frown on his features as he thought about where to begin. Why not the beginning? Wrapping his tail around his legs, the canid glanced up at Bass as he pulled out the memories.

"You know, when I first found you...I had been running from something...rather, someone. The forest I came from is ruled by a cruel creature, unfortunately someone who happens to be my father...my clan was nearly destroyed by his paws, but not without help." His gaze turned apologetic as a sheepish grin appeared, "The reason why I distrusted your kind at first was because he had hired a pack to kill those who opposed him...which was half the forest population...those who weren't killed were enslaved, or feared too much and followed him to save their families. I...I couldn't stay here at the time, I ended up going back to figure out a way to overthrow him, but I couldn't..and I didn't want him finding me here and causing you any trouble."

He glanced at his paws, it felt good telling someone all this...it felt good trusting someone with the burden he'd carried for so long. "Since I was a kit, he'd never been kind. He gave me the scars that I have today before I was hardly a season old. Said I was a useless weakling. I mean, how many kids are able to fight before they've even learned how to properly care for themselves? My mother hated him, hated that he had changed so much...in the end, he killed her for opposing him, she gave me a last parting gift shortly before her death." He motioned to the symbol on his left flank, "She marked me with the symbol for courage...it was the only reason that drove me back there, but...I failed. Nobody would help. Or they were too brainwashed and afraid of the pack...they're still there...I don't know if they followed me, or if they even found out I was around. But...when I figured my efforts were in vain, this was the only place I could remember to go back to."

"Speak"

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
09-29-2015, 10:14 PM

A paw swatted at his nose, and he snorted at the impact at the sensitive plush pads. He called him a sheepdog and he giggled along with his old friend, head shaking back and forth slowly. "I didn't know if you were just visiting, having you rejoin seems like too much of a treat to believe. Did you still want to be a messenger or did you pick up any more specializations picked up?" He asked in a soft teasing note, all until Dart's sigh reached his ears. Folding them back slightly, he waited to hear the story of what had happened to his dear friend.

Nodding along with his words, he shuffled on his paws slightly. He had known that Dart was afraid the first time that he had hidden in a bush on his territory. At his words he let out a soft whine, ears hugging his skull at the sad tale that Dart had to tell. When his story was done he stepped forward and nuzzled his fuzzy cheek, placing a soft kiss on the top of his skull. "Its all okay Dart, you have me and Abaven behind you. You don't need to be scared anymore." He muttered. He was the being who gave Dart his scars, something that he had always wanted to ask the fox but never quite found the courage to do so. He eyed the symbol that meant courage on his friends side, letting out another sigh. He had tried to make things work out, but... He would make sure that his friend stayed away from harm, and was not afraid of the potential danger that he could have brought. It was nothing that they couldn't handle as a family. "And I am glad that you came back, I have missed you so much."

"Speech"

Dart

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
09-29-2015, 10:57 PM

>>Oh if foxes could purr he would be purring nonstop at the affection his friend gave him. A small smile found its way onto his visage, leaning into his friends touch as he too nuzzled him back. Friendly gaze met Bass ' gaze, his story was none too happy but at least he had let it out to someone he trusted, the only person he trusted, after all these years. "Thank you Bass. I've really missed you alot to yknow? It didn't feel quite right not having a lumbering giant by my side." He laughed a little, trying to lighten the mood some after his story had saddened it. He wasn't looking for pity or telling a sob story, it was simply his life. And he was glad that Bass had been so kind as to accept him the first time, he'd come in the hopes of a second chance. And it seemed, Bass wanted the same.

"I did come back with the intent to join. If you'll have me back, that is. I've learned all sorts of things during my time away, not sure if Abaven could use a saboteur but...that's now one of my traits." He looked sheepishly at Bass, he wasn't a bad guy. Just needed to learn bad things to try and get the upper hand on his enemies. "I'm also a pretty good hunter, I mean...how many wolves can follow a rabbit into their hole? And...I guess you can say I'm pretty good at convincing a crowd." He sat straight, humorous glint in his eye. "If it's open, I'll take that job as a messenger. Who would suspect a fox being a part of a wolf pack anyway? I could be pretty useful. Foxes are more sneaky then you big dogs at sneaking around after all!" He laughed then. Oh how he missed joking and playing with his old friend.

"Speak"