ardent

All of my demons are kicking and screaming but I’ll never leave them behind

Shrike

gems
size
build
player
09-25-2015, 11:06 PM

The young man was stalking through the grasses, his mind focused on finding his brother Lark. Allen was gone, leaving Shrike a bit hurt and confused as to what had happened. The man had been trying his best to teach him where others struggled. Limno's efforts had been thwarted. Shai had sparred with him but... had Shrike really took his words to heart? Shrike would let out a soft sigh. He didn't like this feeling. This feeling that no one could help him learn. Maybe... maybe his dad would teach him?

But what of herbs? Sure there was Harmony now but... he had expected to learn from Nona, Allen's mate. Shrike felt hurt and confused, and truthfully wanted some comfort from one of his siblings. Plus Lark seemed to be the one who had everything together. The boy would stop, tired of looking, and decided to just howl for the other. Hopefully he would come. Tilting his head back Shrike would loose his song. Goodness he needed some advice.

"Speech"

Table by:: Eldarwen

Lark

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

Famous
09-30-2015, 08:26 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2015, 08:26 PM by Lark.)
Lark, admittedly, was not a hard wolf to find. It was rare to find him outside of Abaven territory, and even more rare to find him far from his home. Being elusive was not a trait he had ever possessed, and likely not one he would ever acquire. He made no effort to conceal the sound of his pawsteps slapping the earth as he moved, trailing along the borders aimlessly. Patrolling was a monotonous task, but a necessary one, and as he moved he found his mind drifting to the conversation he'd had recently with his father. Did he have the traits of a leader, like Bass did? Sure, he was confident and proud, and he cared for nothing more than his family.. but was that enough?

His attention shifted quickly when he heard Shrike's call ring out across the lands. It surprised him a bit; he didn't get called from any of his siblings often, as he was usually close enough when necessary. Curious - and feeling a bit anxious that something might be wrong - Lark would quickly move in his brother's direction, his pace increasing to a quick trot. When the other male came into sight, his tail would flick contentedly behind him, a slight smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. "Hey Shrike," he'd greet him gently as he approached, his brows pulling together as he examined him thoroughly. "What's up?"

Shrike

gems
size
build
player
10-02-2015, 03:46 PM

When Shrike saw Lark, trotting up to him, the young man felt a little better already. His other brother was so sure, so strong. The younger brother would jump right to the point as Lark arrived, sitting with his tail curled around his body. "Lark I need some advice." He would say softly. "I'm really at a loss brother... I don't know what to do anymore." Admitting this was far from easy, and the young man would sit with his tail curled around his paws.

"I've been at a loss since Allen has left us. I'm... not the best at learning. He was the only one who could really work with me well... " Shrike would let his gaze fall to the ground. "I'm not sure how to become a better member of the pack. To become strong enough to be worthy of the rank passed to me. It's so hard to be able to trust the other adults." Shrike would shuffle his paws.

"I'm not really sure what to do to be honest. Is it just that I'm not in the right rank? Or is it that I need to have more trust in our fellow pack mates and get to know them more?" Shrike would lift his gaze to Lark, ears flicked back somewhat. "What do you think I should do?"

"Speech"

Lark

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

Famous
10-06-2015, 08:17 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2015, 08:17 PM by Lark.)
He wondered what Shrike needed; it was rare for him to call Lark directly, but he would not complain. A gentle smile painted his normally stoic features as he regarded him, settling down in front of him on his haunches. He needed advice.. he wasn't shy about it, and quickly began to speak and explain what he needed. "What do you mean?" he'd start questioningly, but Shrike was quick to explain.

He felt strange since Allen had left. It was weird for him, too, but he figured if Allen didn't want to respect the decision that Bass had made that Abaven was better without him. He'd never taken to him though, not like Shrike had. He was thoughtful as he considered his brother's words. "Maybe you're trying too hard to fit into a specific role," he suggested, leaning slightly forward to nudge Shrike's shoulder. The gesture was simple, but meaningful, as Lark wasn't always the most affectionate of their family. "You don't have to just be interested in fighting, or healing. Maybe you're really good at fishing, or climbing things, or singing like Finch, or learning about trees.." he shrugged a bit.

It sucked to know he couldn't solve everything, as much as he wanted to. He wanted nothing more than to make things better for everyone, Shrike included. "Maybe just spend more time with some of the others our age," he'd suggest lightly. "Like Calypsei and Tinaro. Maybe Lillianna too." It wasn't better than spending time with his family, just different; and he knew that Shrike could learn from him, and vice versa.

Shrike

gems
size
build
player
10-08-2015, 02:44 PM

Shrike would frown a bit as Lark answered, the suggestion almost hurting. Was he trying to hard? It was something that Shrike hadn’t thought of, and he would lower his gaze as his brother went on. “Maybe you’re right.” The young man would say gently. “I didn’t think there was such a thing as trying to hard but... Maybe there is. I guess I wanted for so long to become a use to the pack that I let myself be blinded in enjoying anything else.” The young man would lift his gaze back to Lark’s own.

“I’ve always been worried about not being good enough for Abaven... That I’d be the weak link within the pack.” Shrike would pause. “Lark... Do you think we’ll go to war with that pack that took down Threar?” He’d ask, his voice oddly quiet. “I know it’s a bit sudden to ask but... I’m a bit worried... Worried what will happen to us if we don’t act... Or even if we do.”

"Speech"

Lark

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

Famous
10-13-2015, 10:15 AM
As far as Lark was concerned, his siblings were perfect. They didn't have to be good fighters, or skilled healers.. he didn't care about any of that. He knew that a sharp mind could be as destructive as any pair of jaws, and a loyal wolf could be far more useful than anyone, no matter their skills. His brows would pull together tightly as he continued to muse over this, his sea-green gaze following Shrike's.

"I'm sure Finch is tired of me saying this too, but.. just be yourself," he shrugged absently.  "Or talk to dad if you feel like you need some direction. That always helps me."   He thought of the conversation he'd had with his dad about him being a potential heir to Abaven. The thought had never crossed his mind, but now that it had, he found himself dwelling on it.  "I think it's okay to not know, though. I don't know exactly either. I just want to defend my family. Keep them happy and safe."  

The conversation shifted though. Shrike felt weak, and he wondered if they would go to war. He knew the answer to that. His gaze fell to his forepaws before he lifted it again. "You're not weak," he said firmly, a sigh falling from his lips. "And what do you think?" he asked, truly curious as to what Shrike thought. "The wolves of Threar.. some of them were family to us. Do you think dad would let someone take their pack and not try to do something about it?" He didn't think so.. but he hadn't expected a full-out war, either. It wasn't something he'd ever really considered.

Shrike

gems
size
build
player
10-22-2015, 04:48 PM

Shrike would give a small nod as Lark spoke again. Be himself... Just be the energetic ball of fur he was. Perhaps talk to Bass as well too. To not know what to do... That was okay? To not necessarily be anything specific... He would close his eyes, considering that. Maybe it really was okay. Just wanting to be there for your family could easily be enough for them.

Shrike would not answer his brother when he said that he wasn’t weak, but when the question turned on him, followed by another, Shrike felt sure that he knew the answer. “Well of course not. I’m sure father would act... I guess it was just more of a matter of when.” Shrike would give a soft sigh. “I guess the real question is if I’m ready to go. They were our family, like you said. I... I want to avenge them, brother.”

"Speech"

Lark

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

Famous
11-09-2015, 05:11 PM
Of course his father would do something about it. They were family.. and they had to defend family. That was what the Destructions did. He could only hope that their allies would help defend them if they were being attacked, and that was what he considered his father.. a defender. The family's defender. He sighed softly as they mused over this together, feeling a bit worried himself, though for different reasons.

"Soon, I would think," he said gently, shrugging a bit. How would his siblings take the war? Surely some of them would stay behind, but would any of them fight? He could imagine Shrike fighting beside him, but definitely not Starling or Finch, and he wasn't so sure about Sparrow.  "I'll admit, it's pretty scary," he admitted after a moment. His fear would not stop him, but it was present; how could it not be?   "We'll be fine, though. Especially when you remember who's leading us to fight." He smiled as he thought of their father, nudging Shrike gently.  "Let's go find something to eat, Shrike." ..they certainly needed all the extra food they could get, if they were actually to go to war.

-exit Lark-

Shrike

gems
size
build
player
11-27-2015, 07:11 PM

Shrike would give a small nod. Soon. Soon war would be upon them. It was a scary thought, yes, as his brother also admitted. But when they remembered who it was leading the war against Hellstrom it didn’t seem so scary anymore. Bass. Their father. Their hero. He would make sure that Hellstrom was struck down. The younger boy would grin as his brother mentioned food, having a thought. “Maybe if we work together we can take down something for the pack~” The boy was sure of it. Together, no matter what combination, they could do anything together!

--Exit Shrike.--

"Speech"