gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
09-27-2015, 12:45 PM
Shai felt like he spent a lot of his time alone, he was always off hunting and helping to provide for the family he had here. He was so worried about keeping them happy he found himself unable to spend all of his time with them like he wished. While he and Vail enjoyed their walks, where they enjoyed long, deep conversations that he'd never thought possible with a nine month old pup. Vail was amazing, the more he spoke to her though, the more he worried about her place in life.

While he worried over both his daughters plenty, he'd done his best to avoid Motif's presence alone. He'd always made sure Vail was there, or even occasionally Shaye. It was Motif's season and he was hardly immune to her scent. They'd just brought Vail into the world, and he was quite determined not to get her pregnant now. Obviously though, it didn't seem the season mattered much. Neither daughter had been born anywhere close to the summer.

He'd chuckle softly at the thought as he made his way back to the den after a rather long day out on the hunt. He was covered in blood and more than a few cuts and scrapes from the small boar he'd been battling. His first choice had been a piglet that had strayed from his mother, but the boar had come out of nowhere. Though the battle had been epic, Shai had emerged victorious, if not a little bruised up. Right now all he wanted was a little lovin' from his sweetheart. Approaching the den exhaustedly he'd wonder if he'd even make it to the entrance on his own. Finding the dirt outside much more comfortable than any den he'd collapse there, sighing heavily as he prepared to sleep off the battle he'd endured that day.
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
09-29-2015, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 02:15 PM by Motif I.)

The hot frustration that came with the season was no mystery to the woman. It signaled her fourth year in the world and the potential for children – an idea that made her smile. She had never needed her season to bear a child, it seemed she or Shai or them both where extremely potent and she did wonder if perhaps their children might gain this as well. She winced, soon it would be time to teach Shaye about the larger world, and how strong her chances of pregnancy where.

She was alone to her thoughts when a dull thud sounded at the entrance of her den, she pricked up her ears and took in a scent, catching the familiarity of Shai on the breeze. She smiled softly and rose with a groan, shaking out her coat she made her way over to him, exiting the den and into the sunny day. Without a word she settled herself on the dirt beside him and took to grooming his coat, working out the mess his coat had become, shaking her head and tisking motherly under her breath, through her eyes held nothing but fondness for the man beside her. "Let me guess... I should see the other guy?" she teased.

"speech"  

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
09-29-2015, 02:27 PM
He was tired, but Motif's movement would still cause his ears to twitch as the sound of her paw steps drew closer. Though his eyes were closed his tail would wag at her approach, a smile lingering on his features as she curled up next to him. He'd sigh softly and lean into her side as she started to groom him soothingly. His eyes were still closed as he rolled onto his belly and she asked of the other guy. "You'll probably be having him for dinner." He'd mutter as her tongue ran over his very much messed up fur. The giant would extend his limbs then, stretching for all he was worth through the pain of his soreness. Finally he'd bury his features into her soft fur as his sunny gaze was opened to look up at her.

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
09-29-2015, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 02:40 PM by Motif I.)

Her Shai responded to her presence with a gentle thump of his tail as it brushed against the earthy ground. Without opening his eyes he would roll onto belly and she would compliantly groom his back as it was shown to her. She chuckled softly, pausing in her grooming to kiss his cheek “And no doubt it will be a great dinner” she told him, her laughter in her words. He would stretch out giving more surface for her to clean. She moved on to a paw, working around the tired muscles with her warm tongue and last of all tickling the sole of his foot before moving on to the other leg, lifting her head carefully over him without moving herself and disturbing how he had pressed into her fur. When his brilliant gold eyes flickered open she paused to look down into them and kiss his cheek with a gentle brush of her lips.

Surprisingly, the motions of grooming him didn't worsen her feeling of heat, it soothed her in fact, it was such a simple routine, comforting and his presence did her wonders. Would her close proximity cause him problems? Her grin at the thought was wicked, she would never tire of teasing her man.

"speech"  

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
09-29-2015, 03:01 PM
Her grooming was sweet and thorough, and no matter how much he enjoyed her administrations he could resist her kisses. She'd place one at his cheek as she assured him of the taste of the boar. His grin would widen as he leaned back blissfully to stretch. She wasn't helping with the whole being tempting thing, but he was so wore out that he wouldn't be able to act on any impulses anyway. So he'd let her soothe his aching muscles with her tongue as he slowly opened his eyes to look up at her soft features. He would not miss the mischievous grin obviously just for him. She'd lean down to kiss his cheek, but he'd shift just enough that she'd get his lips. Shai's tongue would sneak from his lips as he returned her affection. Shifting his shoulders the giant of a wolf would wrap his front leg over her shoulder as he attempted to pull her closer to him.

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
09-29-2015, 03:16 PM

She would chuckle softly as the mischievous man tilted his head and caught her kiss on his lips. She closed her eyes and leaned into his kiss with a happy sigh. When he pulled her closer to him she would raise and eye and study him, determining if it was just snuggling she saw in his intent. He looked tired however, and too busy lazily relaxing to have any other thoughts on his mind. If there was one thing Motif didn't want right now, it was more children. Perhaps she would have to eat some herbs that prevented child bearing... perhaps Harmony would know which ones she should have, she didn't exactly what to ask Shaye that one.

She compliantly allowed him to pull her closer, simply picking a different part of his body to groom, going for his broad chest as she smoothed down his coat and brought out its shine. She moved on to the bone in his ear, cleaning around it and the ear itself, laughing as his feathers tickled against her cheek after how she had positioned herself. She shook her head to push them away and turned her head into his neck, snuggling into her man.

"speech"  

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
09-29-2015, 04:55 PM
She'd give him a chuckle as he stole a more intimate kiss, her warm laugh bringing butterflies to his stomach. He'd sigh contentedly as she allowed him to pull her to him, grooming him still as he kissed at her neck lazily. He'd watch her from the corner of his eye as she moved over his form, eventually being tickled amusedly by the feathers that adorned his back. She'd snuggle into him happily and he'd let her, holding her tighter to his chest. "Mmm, you smell good." He'd tell her as he buried his own features deeper into her fur. He'd look up a second afterwards though, suddenly aware of some very important details. "I thought I'd made it to the den." He'd look up to see the entrance quite a bit aways from where he'd dropped.

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
09-29-2015, 05:21 PM

She gave an amused rumble as Shai commented on her smell. Of course, to him she likely smelled delicious. She raised her head when he commented on the den and she titled her head as she appraised him. “That lunch must have really done a number on you” she teased him, stretching and sighing and pulling herself to her feet, nudging for him to follow too as she let him back into their den. “Have you seen Vail today? I haven't seen her for a couple of hours and thought she was actually with you” Motif admitted, through she wouldn't allow herself to worry – Vail had already had a few scares and because of it she wouldn't go into deep water unsupervised or leave the pack territory by herself, which meant some good came out of her scares.
"speech"  

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
09-29-2015, 05:46 PM
She wouldn't say anything about his first words, but she was quick to take note of his second. She was teasing him, but he couldn't deny the truth in them. She'd pull away, righting herself before encouraging him to follow her the last few feet to their den. Reluctantly he'd mirror her movement, lifting himself from the earth with obvious labor. Motif's mention of Vail would come after that, apparently she hadn't been around in a while, and obviously she was not with him. "She might be with Shaye? I don't know, I haven't seen her since I kissed you both goodbye this morning." He had no need to worry, she obeyed them excellently and they had no real reason to think she was in trouble. "Speaking of Vail though, has she talked to you about what she wants to do when she gets older?" He was worried about her future much more than Shaye's. He knew how intelligent his younger daughter was, his confidence in her physical abilities were lacking. She was still so tiny, and her eyesight put her at an obvious disadvantage.

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
10-06-2015, 02:40 PM

Shai's explanation of Vail wasn't entirely a comfort, but she knew she couldn't run off every time Vail left her eyes for but a moment. She hadn't been gone long and she wouldn't leave Abaven territory, she had to assume everything was ok, and would look for her shortly, if she ever wanted Vail to find her feet she couldn't be so over protective of her little one. Shai would offer a distraction and a new reason to worry as he pointed out the large question of her future. Motif shook her head slowly, reluctantly. [color=#a89a4e] “I was hoping she would follow Shaye in healing, she could learn to identify herbs by scent and its a relatively safe job. Even hunting can get dangerous when your going for large prey and I worry so much about her disadvantage” [color]Motif admitted softly.
"speech"  

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
10-07-2015, 12:12 PM
Motif would reveal that she had no better clue than he about what field their daughter wished to go into. Healing would be the safest and most obvious choice. But what was it Vail wanted to do? He'd sigh heavily as he leaned into Motif's fur, what were they going to do with her? "Hopefully she'll choose something safe, but would we be able to deny her if she chose something more dangerous? What if she wants to fight?" There was concern in his voice. Vail was rather independent despite her timid nature. She was going to do what she wanted, parents blessing or no. He just hoped they would steer her in the right direction. Would Shaye be able to convince her further? "Maybe Shaye should try and talk to her?" He'd nuzzle closer to Motif's neck, feeling the sleepiness start to creep over him.

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
10-29-2015, 02:42 PM

Shai's heavy sigh wouldn't go unnoticed and she ruffled her husbands fur with a breath of her own. Shai's words made her wince and she looked up at him, searching his eyes as she thought. He certainly sounded like he wouldn't force her into a field she wasn't interested in, but something in Motif still urged her to push Vail into something safe and doable. “How could a blind girl fight? I wouldn't know how to teach her, I would never believe her safe” Motif whispered “Perhaps Shaye should, and perhaps we should talk to Vail tonight, find out what she's thinking” her lips twitched into a smile, both parents wold waiting to ambush Vail when she returned home today.
"speech"  

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
11-01-2015, 12:36 PM
Shai was rather unwilling to force his daughters to do anything, he believed that he'd instilled a rather strong grasp of right and wrong within their hearts and he wanted them to persue anything their hearts desired. At the same time he wanted them safe. Shaye was fully capable, she was big, strong, and could defend herself if need be. Vail on the other hand was tiny and fragile, unable to defend herself in any way. He wanted to protect her, but he couldn't make her miserable if she didn't wish the safe and secure life her parents wanted for her. Motif didn't seem any more convinced. The worry in her voice was obvious, would his wife be able to live knowing Vail was out in mortal peril every day? He'd sigh into her fur again. What could they do but speak to the girl? "We should talk to her. Hopefully she has a better answer than 'I don't know." While he tried to talk to his daughter she'd been even more quiet than usual. He'd attempted to pry, but all he'd recieved was 'I don't know.'