Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
10-05-2015, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2015, 06:19 PM by Sparrow I.)
EDIT: I didn't know Sparrow was supposed to know, but since the threads where she might have found our didn't finish yet, I'm going to OOC this up and pretend they did.

So this was Imperium...? Sparrow could smell the scent border as she approached. She had gone over the speech several times in her head, "I am Sparrow Destruction, daughter of Bass Destruction. I have come bearing herbs in hopes of seeing my Aunt Rhythm and helping with the her children if you would allow." She repeated the speech in her head, occasionally changing phrases or words to see what sounded best.

A pouch of herbs hung from the girl's dainty maw, cinched closed with a thin bone pokes in and out of the holding skin, ready to be presented to the alpha in hopes of gaining passage to her aunt and her pups. She sat close, but not too close, to the border, placing the sack at her feet. She groomed herself quickly, wrapping her fluffy tail over her paws the adjusting the fur to stand at just the right angle. After giving herself a once over and adjusting the herb bag to sit evenly, Sparrow called for the alpha, then sat and waited, her heart pounding, but a loose, comfortable smile on her face.

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
10-10-2015, 09:33 PM

Ah, another Destruction. This one was young, a yearling if he had his guess, so Valentine assumed this was one was from a younger generation. She didn't look like Motif or her kid, and he didn't think that Harmony one had kids, so this must, unless that brother he'd only ever heard of had kids, be one of Bass' brats.

"From Abaven, right?" Of course she was. She stank of it. The girl had those eye markings, the colors and the stink. Valentine was confident enough in his assessment that he was simply going to point her in the right direction and carry on with his patrol. "Follow my trail. You'll reach the den in no time and Rhythm," he tipped back his head and howled out a quick 'Rhythm, there's someone here to see you' before his gaze dropped back down to the girl, "is expecting you."

""

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
10-10-2015, 09:54 PM
Before she could open her maw to speak as the alpha appeared, he shooed her in the direction of Rhythm. Was this a trap? She opened her maw to speak, then closed it. He had called for Rhythm. Sparrow dipped her head, "Thank you... Really... It means the world to me!" Without waiting for a response, Sparrow grabbed her bag of herbs and bounced quickly towards the path the alpha had indicated.

Coming up to a den, Sparrow placed down her herbs, "Aunt Rhythm? It's me, Sparrow... Sorry I couldn't come earlier... I'm really sorry- I didn't know..." She felt terrible for missing the birth, "Shaye made it, though, right? You weren't alone?" Sparrow asked hopefully. She didn't want her aunt alone and scared during the birth. She wanted her aunt to feel love and family and... happiness. Sparrow cleared her throat, "I- uh- brought some herbs..." She nudged the pouch slightly, nervously. She wanted to know her aunt and her pups were alright.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
10-10-2015, 10:30 PM

She lay quietly with her newborns at her side, Valentine had left them a while ago and Rhythm had taken the tie to take a quick nap. The sound of a voice at the border brought her from her nap, recognizing it as her niece. Not long after she'd be pulled completely from her nap by Valen's strong voice letting her know that she had a visitor. Shaking her head to clear it Rhythm would groom out her fur a little bit, she still looked a little rough from the birth but was recovering well. Before she knew it Sparrow's voice was at the entrance of the den, her words quick and seemingly all at once. She was quiet enough that she wouldn't disturb the sleeping pups but loud enough Rhythm understood her with out much effort. "It's okay, my love. Everything went fine despite them being so early. Shaye did come... but only Valentine was in the den when they were born. It was really beautiful." She wouldn't mention that Shaye had left before she'd finished birthing the little ones. Really the experience had brought her and Valentine so much closer, Rhythm adored the little family they'd created together.

Sparrow would also offer up some herbs she had brought with her, curious Rhythm's ears would perk towards her niece as her head tilted with the same effect. "Tell me what you've brought." The new mother would request warmly as she reached to kiss her niece's forehead.
""

Valentine may enter any of Rhythm's threads

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
10-10-2015, 10:44 PM
Rhythm had addressed Sparrow telling her everything went fine. The girl's heart hammered in her chest. She wanted to see the pups right away, but Rhythm wanted to see the herbs. Sparrow drew near to her aunt, pulling the skin sack close. She carefully pulled the bone out and folded the sides down to reveal her herbs. Sparrow stabbed the bone in one corner of the pelt as not to lose it, then began, "I have lavender, and even found a little bit of marshmallow for when the pups are older and teething." Sparrow beamed, then went on, "I have watercress, which I tested myself, they might help with nutrition, or so I'm told. I also have- Um- it's here-" Sparrow searched around her pouch. Where was it? It was one of the main herbs she meant to bring. Her head shot up. She had left it on the top ridge of her den. She had put it there to remember it specifically, "Oh no- Aunt Rhythm... I forgot the Alfalfa..."

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
10-11-2015, 09:27 AM

Sparrow didn't calm much as she explained the events to her, she didn't make any specific comments either and headed straight for the herbs that she had so carefully put together. Rhythm wouldn't stop grinning, it was really nice to have her family come and visit her. Rhythm would not interrupt as she listened to the herbs that had been so carefully gathered for her. She could see her niece's pride in her work and it made Rhythm beam. Their family always seemed to produce the most skilled of healers, and it was easy to see why with the passion that lived in their hearts. The list was offered, and Rhythm would nod in approval at each plant she'd be offered, but suddenly Sparrow was apologizing. Her concerned expression would dissipate as the situation was explained. A smile would come to her lips, "Imperium has patches of alfalfa. You'd have to walk a little ways.. but I believe there is some near the barn in the Range." It would be easy for Sparrow to go and come back rather quickly. "But first." She'd shift only slightly to reveal the little bundles at her belly. "Meet Rhyme and Rhys." She'd point to each in turn before looking up to see her niece's reaction.
""

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
10-19-2015, 10:00 AM
Soothing her panic, Sparrow's aunt would tell her that her forgotten herbs could be found nearby. Sparrow nearly took off right then to correct her mistake, but her aunt stopped her. She mentioned two names and pulled back to reveal two small bundles of fur. Sparrow gasped audibly, her ears pricking and her tail set off. Minty eyes glittered in their wideness, "Aunt Rhythm... They're perfect!" They were more than perfect, though Sparrow couldn't think of a word for it. She studied each of her cousins carefully, then slowly drew closer, looking to her aunt for approval as she nuzzled each one, breathing in their scents. She showered gentle affections to each pup before drawing back, her eyes misty, "I adore them already... I miei cugini piccoli." she whispered.

Her attention was grabbed again by the need to get herbs. Sparrow bowed out of the den, "I'll be just a moment! Which direction is this... barn?"

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
10-20-2015, 08:56 PM

Sparrow acted like she was about to run off even as RHythm tacked on just a few more words. Of course, meeting her new little cousins would stop her, with an excited gasp the girl would lay eyes on her little babies. The girl's opinion of them was no different than their mother's. They were perfect, and she wouldn't let anyone say differently. Sparrow would admire them appropriately, looking to Rhythm for the okay before she reached down to nuzzle their cute little faces. "Yes, they're easy to fall in love with." She'd murmur as she watched her young niece suddenly pop up. There were still herbs to gather. "Just go that way until it isn't so hilly anymore, it's the big wooden structure." She couldn't miss it.
""

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
11-23-2015, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2015, 09:54 PM by Sparrow I.)
(Continuing this here because I'm dumb and slow)

As soon as her aunt pointed her in a direction, Sparrow was off. Her short legs hammered onto the ground with quick steps. Her heart pounded in her chest. Her eyes scanned for a big wooden structure. When she was a distance away from her aunts den, Sparrow began to think she was perhaps lost. She was panicking. Sure, she could follow her scent back to the den, but she really had to get the herbs! In the distance, there was a stormy grey figure. Was that the alpha? No, surely not, this one was all white and stuff on top. Sparrow called out, "Hello! Excuse me, the alpha let me in, I have to find alfalfa! Someone needs it! Uh- the barn! It should be at the barn!" Her voice was urgent. Of course, to the small girl, this was an emergency. How could she have been so dumb?

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

Intermediate Intellectual (35)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - PansexualValentines 2020VolcanoCritical Hit!
Trick 2019
11-23-2015, 10:17 PM
Ashmedai wasn't super thrilled about all the pups happening. Why couldn't he be the youngest forever? His dad would probably be all over that. What about him and Vana and everyone else? The boy stood in the orchard. The trees grew in rows oddly enough. Ashmedai never could tell if he loved it or hated it. Trees didn't normally grow in rows, did they? He didn't thin-

"Hello! Excuse me, the alpha let me in, I have to find alfalfa! Someone needs it! Uh- the barn! It should be at the barn!"

Ashmedai jumped. Suddenly there was a small, panting girl at his side pleading for help. She needed to get to the barn for herbs? Ashmedai HAD heard his dad's howl announcing the guest. The thought of being a hero stopped further thoughts on the matter. Icy blue eyes met minty green ones and Ashmedai breathed out quietly, looking at the girl's desperate face, "Well, follow me, then."

Ashmedai turned and took off, making sure to keep at a pace the girl could keep up with. He knew exactly where the barn was. Soon, the pair made it and Ashmedai turned to the milk-and-chocolate girl, "I dunno what alfalfa is, but if you find it, I'll help you carry it." he offered, trying to be as best help as possible.
Ash wears a tourist shirt and a spiked leather harness from time to time. Sometimes together, sometimes not. Just so you know what you're getting yourself into.

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
11-24-2015, 12:15 AM
The male towered over her, looking at her with concern in his blue eyes. Sparrow panted and a moment of silence passed between them as they looked at one another. Finally, the brute told her to follow him and Sparrow did without hesitation. She knew if her aunt felt comfortable here, these had to be good wolves! Soon, they came upon the barn and the slate boy announced that he didn't know what alfalfa was, but that he would help carry it. Overcome by gratefulness, Sparrow rushed into the tall form, "Thank you!" she murmured. Then she paused. She didn't know this guy. Quickly Sparrow pulled back, her face flushing under her fur. She looked at the ground for a moment then her eyes snapped up to the horizon, "The alfalfa! Let's seeeee..."

Sparrow busied herself looking for the herb. It took her only a few moments before she found some, "AHA! Here it is!" She plucked some quickly, then tuned and got some more, then a little extra for good luck, returning each piece to a pile. When she felt done, she stood at her little pile and beamed towards the brute, "Help?" she asked with a small smile and a wag of her bushy tail.

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - PansexualValentines 2020VolcanoCritical Hit!
Trick 2019
01-02-2016, 03:33 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2016, 03:38 AM by Ashmedai.)
OOC: I really gotta finish this one up lol.

The girl rushed him and Ashmedai tensed. Oh. She wasn't attacking? He looked at her quizzically for a moment. She thanked him, then paused. Quickly she pulled back and changed the subject back to herbs. Ash nodded slowly and then sat to watch her do her thing... whatever it was.

She busied about, her tail swaying to and fro. She was thick looking, but not fat looking really. Did she really have that much fur? With her every step, her fur bounced. She apparently found the herb because she announced it and started picking it. It looked like another plant. How could she even tell which was which? Healers were weird...

Eventually she stopped, beaming at him. Why was she so happy? She asked him to help with a little waggle of her tail and a smile. Ashmedai couldn't help but smile slightly at her. She was kind of cute, he guessed, and he would have never guessed that she was older than him.

Before grabbing the herbs, Ashmedai stopped, "I'm uh- Ashmedai, by the way..." He figured it was worth mentioning. Together they gathered all the herbs and this Sparrow walked- no, pranced- back towards the way she had come. The land was familiar to Ashmedai and he figured she was heading back to the dens. As he drew closer, he recognized Rhythm's den. He stopped. No way. Nope. He had to find and excuse to get out of here.
Ash wears a tourist shirt and a spiked leather harness from time to time. Sometimes together, sometimes not. Just so you know what you're getting yourself into.

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
01-02-2016, 03:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2016, 03:44 AM by Sparrow I.)
The large brute paused before grabbing the herbs, saying his name was Ashmedai. Sparrow giggled, offering her own name, "I'm Sparrow, Mister Ashmedai!" She chuckled. After, Ashmedai helped her carry the herbs. He carried a lot more than her. Sparrow hoped he didn't bite down on them too hard. She followed the scent trail she had left behind to get back to her aunt's den. Thinking about the pups made her heart race. She was so excite- was she drooling? Speeding up, Sparrow made her way to her aunt's den. She set down the herbs, and greeted softly, "Aunt Rhythm, we're back," before looking up to see the strange brute standing some ways away still. She looked at him questioningly. These pups were new, so it was possible he hadn't been introduced to them yet, "Ashmedai, it's okay," she chuckled, "They're just pups, they don't even bite yet! Come over and check them out... They're my little cousins..."

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Trick 2019
01-02-2016, 03:42 AM
"Aunt Rhythm, we're back."

Ashmedai's fur bristled. Aunt? This was Rhythm's niece? Ashemdai stood staring at the den until Sparrow spoke up. She told him it was okay and that these pups didn't bite. Ashmedai came a little closer, then tossed the herbs at the den, "No, I'm going now. I'm sure your cousins are perfect. Take your herbs." Ashmedai spoke flatly now, his eyes bouncing from the den to Sparrow. He did not want to be near those pups. How did she trick him into helping her get herbs for Rhythms pups? He should have known by the Abaven scent and mud-colored fur. Flicking his ears back, Ashmedai turned to make a hasty escape.

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
01-02-2016, 03:47 AM
Why did he change his demeanor so suddenly? Sparrow's ears flicked back as the taller boy suddenly turned so cold sounding. He turned to leave without even saying hello to the new mother! Sparrow sped forward, grabbing the side of his neck slightly, "What's wrong? Why don't you want to see the pups? You should at least congratulate the mother!" Sparrow protested. She searched his face, "What's wrong...?" she asked again. She couldn't fathom why someone wouldn't want to meet the new pups and love them and help them out. She didn't understand why Ashmedai suddenly turned sour the moment she came up. Was it possible to hate pups?

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Trick 2019
01-02-2016, 03:58 AM
As he turned to leave there was the quick sound of pawsteps and then a tug at his side. Ashmedai growled and spun around to face Sparrow. She asked him what was wrong and why he didn't want to see the pups. She actually wanted her to congratulate Rhythm? He could have laughed. He didn't feel like laughing. After a moment of silence, she looked at him with wide, concerned eyes and asked him again what was wrong. His eyes narrowed and he drew close to Sparrow, "You don't even live here and you're trying to fix problems you don't know about. You're better off staying here with your little family and being happy while it lasts. Before they replace you too. I'm sure you have someone in your family like that... right, Sparrow?" he spat. He loomed over her, waiting for her to turn away.

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
01-02-2016, 04:26 AM
Okay... um... Ashmedai was seriously a lot more upset about this whole pup thing than Sparrow had expected. She stared dumbly for a moment as he blew up. He spoke of family replacing her. Sure Starling and Harmony were great healers, but... replace her? They wouldn't even want to replace her... would they? Her doubt vanished before long. Of course they wouldn't! Her family loved her! He stared her down, and she found a righteous anger building within her, "Ashmedai, what does that even have to do with these pups? Look! They're tiny! They can't hurt you or replace you! You've got time to keep training anyway! YOU'LL be teaching THEM when they grow up! No one is trying to replace anyone!" Sparrow stammered, her fluffy fur standing on end. What was this guy's problem anyway?

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Trick 2019
01-02-2016, 04:42 AM
M for language? Also ash being a huge weeny teenager.

Oh this girl was missing the whole point! She didn't understand anything, did she? Ashmedai rolled his eyes at her as she went on. She said that he would be teaching them. Hah! Fat chance! She stated that no one was trying to replace anyone, "Oh yeah? Tell that to your aunt! Tell her that no one is replacing anyone when she waltzes all in her with her flowery healing and fucks my dad! Tell that to me when all the other litters had siblings except me! These little bundles of joy mean that I'm not the youngest. There's nothing else about me that makes me special, you know, but now my dad is in love with her and you can't just pretend that won't make him love her pups more. I was an accident! My mom even will tell you, but these-" Ashmedai's voice cut off, tears swelling in his eyes. She didn't understand at all. She didn't understand why these pups meant the end of his world.

"These pups- my half siblings-" he said, gritting his teeth, "Will be everything to him and everyone will love them because my dad has made it obvious how much he loves your aunt. She's not even strong. She's his wife and she didn't even earn that title! These pups are going to always need to be trained and watched, but everyone will love them anyway." His voice cut low, "It would have been better if they were never born to begin with. I want nothing to do with them."

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
01-02-2016, 05:05 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2016, 05:05 AM by Sparrow I.)
She broke him... yup... she was fairly certain that was what was happening here. She stared, her eyes wide as he went off. She had to make a list in her head. So... her aunt had come here and these... these here his half siblings? Sparrow was genuinely surprised. Who was his mother. Did Sparrow know her husband had other kid... the youngest? He had multiple kids? Sparrow shook her head slightly, trying to listen. So, her aunt wooed his father and they had pups. That made Ashmedai not the youngest and he was convinced that these pups would replace him and that his father would love them more? Okay... Sparrow could kind of understand maybe why he was worried. She didn't know what she would do if her father took on a new wife but... "It's not the pup's faults! It's not even Rhythm's fault! Your dad knew what he was doing too! He knew what he was doing when you were made too! I doubt he will love you any less because he's in love with my aunt!"

She was yelling now. Ashmedai said they would be weak and that it would have been better if they weren't born. Sparrow gasped, "How DARE you SAY that?! All life is precious and needs to be celebrated! These pups are innocent! Just because you're worried about your father loving you doesn't mean these pups shouldn't have been born! Why don't you just go talk to your dad about it, huh? How can you say you want nothing to do with them when you don't even give them a chance? Didn't your dad and older siblings give you a chance when you were born? Give these guys a chance! They are precious and deserve at LEAST that, Ashmedai!"

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
01-02-2016, 01:46 PM

She could hear them arguing even before they'd reached her den, and it wasn't any time at all before the tiny Rhyme and Rhys would hear them as well. Squealing in protest at the noise Rhythm would leave them for a long moment to quiet things outside. She didn't really want to hear what they said, but she would anyway and Ash's confession was more than harsh. Before she could quiet them though she'd hear Sparrow's rebuttal and it warmed her. "Both of you need to be quiet. Right now." She wasn't loud, but there was a danger in her voice. Ash might have been bigger than she was, but she'd trained with his father. Maybe it was time to show him how weak she was.. or eventually. She was still recovering from their birth and fighting was not in her agenda. Eventually though.
""