Medium
build
Medium
player
Evelyn

Famous
10-06-2015, 01:29 PM

ooc;// Set after Pera training.

The girl slunk through the plains, her head held low as she flopped into the tall grasses. She felt so utterly useless, like she didn't belong here in this pack. All of her siblings had a place here, all had something that they were passionate about. Lark was a fighter like their father, and was strong and brave. Starling adored his plants and smelly flowers, and she never saw him not working on something, or without earth caked in his paws. Sparrow was all bubbly and energetic, and everyone seemed to like her sister. She liked herbs like Starling, and was really good with puppies too. Shrike liked his place as a healer and a fighter, although with his energy she knew that he would be happy anywhere. But what about her? She was in the messenger rank, but was too afraid to leave pack lands alone. She hated fighting, only liked to collect pretty flowers, and had to real skills. Unless singing was one of them... But her father had a pack of mercenaries, and she was no use to him at all.

The pale girl curled into a tight ball, damp blue eye closing as she started to cry. Civetta sang softly at her side, rubbing her small beak through her friends fur. But not even the tiny bird said anything, just fluffed up her feathers and settled beside the girl. She could only offer the wolf comfort, at a loss of words to say. The bird had only known her for a little bit, and wasn't quite sure what she could say to make things better. And so Finch sobbed on, the grass around her quivering as her form shook.

"SPEAK" "CIVETTA SPEAKS"

Lark

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

Famous
10-13-2015, 09:54 AM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2015, 09:55 AM by Lark.)
Lark loved his siblings - but he didn't understand them at all. Even outgoing Shrike felt lost at times, like he didn't belong, and he knew Finch and Starling felt the same way. And yet.. how had they come to these conclusions? They'd been loved and pampered, by their siblings and the rest of Abaven, and yet the feelings only persisted.

This was why he wasn't surprised when he found Finch wandering the plains, by herself, crying quietly. A quiet sigh left his lips as he moved toward her. He mostly felt worried, but he couldn't help but feel a slight bit annoyed, though he wouldn't ever admit it. Why were all of his siblings so blind as to see they fit in perfectly? Why would they insist on believing they were outcasts, when they were anything but? "Finch?" he would ask softly, moving to sit near her side and wrap his head around the back of her neck, embracing her gently. "Vuoi cantare una canzone per me?" His voice was soft, and he smiled as he pulled away slightly to gaze at her.

(Note: after talking to Bass, pre-siege meeting)

Finch I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Evelyn

Famous
10-20-2015, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2015, 12:49 PM by Finch I.)

When Civetta stopped singing and turned her little head towards the intruder, Finch raised her head and looked at her brother, pale blue eyes damp with her tears. She sniffled and leaned into his touch as he wrapped his head around her neck. Rubbing her face against her leg to wipe away her tears away, she smiled softly as he asked her to sing for him. It had been awhile since she had sang, not since her stutter formed from her lack of talking. It was starting to come back slowly, her words forming with more ease. Finch knew that the more she spoke, the stronger her words would become. But singing? That was a little different, it took way more effort to carry a note. "Io ... io n-non so c-cantare molto bene." She muttered, leaning heavily against her large sibling.

Finch's two-toned ears flickered back towards her skull as she turned away from Lark, her head falling on her paws as a shuttering sigh left her lips. She wanted to talk to Lark about how she fit, about how she felt about herself, but he had asked for a song. So, who was she to deny him that? It would make both of them feel better, she was sure about that. Finch cleared her throat, feeling Civetta hop from the earth on to her back, snuggling into her scruff. "B-baby mine, d-don't you c-cry," she started softly, the lullaby that their father used to sing to them when they were little. "baby m-mine, d-dry your eyes. R-rest your h-head, close to my h-heart, n-never to part, baby of m-mine." Her voice was soft and low, but still sweet. It was a little stuttery, making her voice different than it used to be. But hey, there was a song. She grinned softly, blinking her big eyes up at Lark. That did make her feel better, a lot better.

"SPEAK" "CIVETTA SPEAKS"

Lark

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

Famous
10-26-2015, 10:25 AM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2015, 10:25 AM by Lark.)
He wanted to see Finch smile again as she once had, when she'd been more carefree and joyful. Lark understood it was in her nature to be quiet, to be timid and fearful, but she didn't have to let that rule her. She could still sing, and could still be happy.. it might just take a little more effort for her, and that was perfectly okay. Lark would be damned if anyone got in her way of that happiness.

'I can't sing very well,' she'd mutter in soft Italian, and he shook his head fiercely.  "Tu puoi,"     he would correctly her gently - but she seemed convinced to try singing, even if it was difficult, and even if she felt like she wasn't any good.  He leaned in to his sister as she began her song, not caring that she stuttered slightly.. it was something he had grow accustomed to. But he noted some of the timidness seemed to disappear as she began to sing, and her voice sounded stronger and sweeter.

Briefly he closed his eyes, content to bask in her song. Lark wasn't normally one to stop and appreciate beauty, but this was worth it. A slight smile tugged at his lips, and remained when he finally opened his eyes when silence settled in again.   "Beautiful,"   he proclaimed after another quiet moment. "You should do that more. I mean it." His joy was obvious, as his tail slapped the earth behind them, his eyes fixed on Finch intently. She was happier doing it, so why stop?

Finch I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Evelyn

Famous
11-11-2015, 03:11 PM

She was so thankful for her siblings, they were always there when she needed them. Even though she said that she couldn't sing well, Lark insisted that she could. So with a nod of her head, she started. He leaned against her, and she settled into his larger coat. Finch would truly be nothing without her siblings by her side. When it all came to a close, Lark told her that it was beautiful and that she should do it more. A flush rose to her pale cheeks, a soft giggle leaving her maw. "Y-you mean it?" she asked softly, her tears long gone by now. Their mother had sung all the time to them, and their father liked it too. She had liked it a lot more before her stupid stutter formed, but even now she could feel it fading, the pain in her throat going away steadily. Looking over at her brother thoughtfully, she pressed her cold nose into his brown cheek. "L-lark, how c-come I don't f-feel like I can d-do anything? I feel l-like there is n-nothing I am g-good at, because I am s-so shy." She admitted, as she blinked back the tears that threatened to start up again. No, she wasn't going to cry again. She was going to try and be strong like Lark, and remain calm in this conversation. She honestly didn't know why she lacked so much confidence, not when she had siblings who were so strong. "I am s-supposed to be a m-messenger but I c-can hardly t-talk to strangers i-in the pack. H-how am I supposed to t-talk to o-outsiders?"

"SPEAK" "CIVETTA SPEAKS"