ardent

call me a sinner, call me a saint (Bass)

Tordo

gems
size
build
player
11-18-2015, 01:32 PM
Father-Son time!

There had been a certain amount of confusion behind the child’s eyes as he had witnessed the return of the soldiers, some of which were wounded. This had concerned him, yes, but it intrigued him more so than ever. Lark had told him awhile back that it was not a matter he should pay mind to, but it was difficult for him to accept. Still, he held his tongue, the tri-colored pup remaining silent about the matter no matter how much the questions dug at him. He had done some silent poking around, though he hadn’t come up with any evident answers other than the fact there had been a siege.

What was a siege? Tordo still wasn’t sure but it had sounded kind of cool. Perhaps this was why he was actively trying to seek out his father – his father would know what a siege was, being the leader and all, and perhaps he would be willing to answer the questions. They had been back for forever, injuries all healed to their fullest extent for the most part, and Tordo was no longer able to hold his tongue. Thus, his wolf hunt began. “Dad?” He called out rather loudly as he looked around their new territory. Was his father lurking about?

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
11-18-2015, 02:20 PM

He was lurking about, but it was more of a 'taking a nap where no one can find me' type of thing. So when the call of his youngest son called, his head shot up. Blinking the sleep from his eyes he stood up, shaking the grasses that clung to his coat. Trying to make himself look like he had not just woken up, he took a few more moments to flatten the fur on his chest. Bass shook out his tired limbs, giving one big stretch before he wove between the grasses, looking for Tordo. A few more twists and turns and he could hear the boy moving around, and grinned as he ducked deeper into the grasses. Who said he couldn't have a bit of fun as well? Trying hard not to move his body too much, Bass waiting until the scent of Tordo was closer to him. And then, at last, he sprang out, aiming to land over top of the boy, huddling down over him. "Yess?" He asked with a laugh, bending down to lick the top of his head.

"Speech"
'thoughts'

Tordo

gems
size
build
player
11-18-2015, 03:01 PM

Tordo was a wizard! He called out for his father, truthfully not expecting an answer from the busy adult and leader, only to have his father approach, bestowing a lick upon his head as he asked why his son was calling him, a soft grin on his face as he looked up at the crème colored leader, a hint of mirth dancing around his features. “Hello dad!” He said excitedly as his tail wagged vigorously from side to side. He figured out an approach to his questions on the fly. “I was wondering what a siege was.” He started with the most evident of his questions, a hint of curiosity working its way into his facial features. It had been quite the buzz of the pack for a while if he understood it all properly.

His question was vague and he recognized that as he pressed his question further. “Lark told me it was something I didn’t have to worry about but then wolves came back injured and it got me curious.” He explained further as his tail fell into a steady tempo of side to side to side.

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
11-18-2015, 03:44 PM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2015, 12:56 PM by Evelyn.)

Curious as a pup was a saying for a reason. He picked himself up off his son and took a seat in front of him, eying the child with a small smile on his lips. He had not had the chance to explain what a seige was to him and Piper before he had to leave, and he understood why the boy was concerned. To have almost the whole pack leave and some come back hurt must have been a scary thing for one as young as Tordo, and he cursed himself for not saying anything sooner. When he mentioned Lark saying not to worry, he let out a chuckle. It was just like the taller man to put his family at ease, a quality he loved to see. "Well, it's okay to be worried Tordo. Being part of a pack is like one big family, we try to look out for each other as best as we can. A siege is when one pack challenges another pack, and the pack who wins can decide what must happen to the one that loses. They can make the pack go away, or they can put someone else in charge of the pack." he said, trying to make it all make sense. "During a siege wolves can claim other wolves, maim them, or even challenge them to the death." Bass didn't want to scare Tordo, but he didn't want to leave anything out. What happens if no one told him and he didn't know what to expect if ever another siege happened?

"Speech"
'thoughts'

Tordo

gems
size
build
player
11-18-2015, 04:34 PM

A comforting silence fell about him as his father began to speak, slowly explaining what a pack was and how they were a family: Tordo had a right to be worried about each and every one of them. Then, Bass went on, telling him what a siege was as the child’s eyes widened, his mouth parting slightly, an equal mix of fright and amazement, awe inspiring explanations as he wrapped his little puppy brain around it all. “To the death?” That was the part that had caught the most interest. Had someone been killed in the last siege? How many had been injured? Who had they invaded/ Why?

“Who did we siege, dad? Why? Was anyone killed in the siege you guys went on? Did we claim anyone?” The questions came flooding out of the boy’s maw before he had any real chance to think about them, though a small smile, an eager excitement to learn about the topic. Knowledge was power, after all! “We’re still here which means we won – what did we do with the enemy pack?” That was one of the most tempting questions, and something that Tordo had not analyzed this new land of their enough to answer on his own.

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
11-24-2015, 02:28 PM

He did not miss the wide-eyed look that Tordo gave him, and he couldn't help but chuckle softly. "Yes, to the death. Its a very uncommon fight, I have only heard two called in my life time here." But that wasn't the last question, and soon the pup had many questions flying in his direction, demanding answers. His mind spun has he tried to keep it all together, trying to answer them as best as he could. "No, no one was killed in this siege. We fought against a pack that was called Hellstrom, because their alpha was a very bad man. He fought to claim our family's pack and injured your great aunt Novella, as well as some other things as well. So I called a siege against his pack so that he couldn't hurt anyone anymore." He said slowly, trying his best to say in in words that Tordo would be able to understand. "We didn't claim anyone, but Imperium who helped, did. And we did win, and I disbanded their pack, so it is no more." Sin was no longer in power, but he knew that it meant that he had less of a standing behind him to unleash havoc.

"Speech"
'thoughts'

Tordo

gems
size
build
player
11-25-2015, 10:19 AM

The child found himself listening intently to his father’s words as he went through, first saying fights to the death did not happen often, which admittedly calmed him down quite a bit on the topic. Then he went to answer the child’s bombardment of questions, carefully choosing his words. Abaven had worked with a pack to fight another pack that had hurt their family! The fight was starting to make more and more sense… and they had won, which Tordo had managed to figure out on his own. No one had died and now the evil wolf was out of power, his pack disintegrated because Tordo’s father had led them to victory.

It was so cool! It was cool that this all happened, but at the same time worrying because of the wolves he had seen injured, which caused him to smile and then frown. “How many were hurt, dad?” He asked carefully as he remembered. He hadn’t talked to any of them, and he wasn’t sure if they had seen him watching, but he had seen.

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
12-04-2015, 05:41 PM

Tordo's expression changed from one of wonder to a frown, asking how many wolves had gotten hurt during it. He shuffled on his paws slightly, clearing his throat as his ears pulled back slightly. "Well, there were only a few that got hurt on our side. Calypsie got the brunt of it I think, but other than that it was mostly on the other packs side. There were a lot of maims, and a lot of their wolves left with quite some injuries. Not enough to kill them, but something that will take awhile to heal." He assured the boy, leaning forward to nuzzle into him slightly. He seemed to be worried about his pack mates, and that made Bass feel very proud of the boy. "Everyone should be fine in time, Tordo. There is no need to worry about them all, but I do love that you are showing concern for you pack mates. That's a very bold thing to feel at your age."

Bass smiled as he looked at his youngest son, he was already turning into such a fine boy. "But what about you, son? What do you want to start training for?" He knew that Sandpiper wanted to be an explorer as well as a fighter, but he didn't think that him and Tordo had ever really spoken about it. They were getting older now, and soon they would have to settle down with a rank.

"Speech"
'thoughts'