Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
11-24-2015, 10:02 PM

After carrying Avalon's many (!!!) children to Imperium Valentine had bowed out to let her settle in. A few days had passed since the challenge and he had finally decided it was time to talk ranks. He'd meant it when he'd said Avalon could choose a rank or that they'd tailor one to her.

Sinking to his haunches in the heart of the Orchard, Valentine howled out a call for Avalon to come to him. He settled his tail across the top of his paws to try to keep them warm. Winter was here in force and Imperium was constantly being pelted with snow and assailed with frigid winter winds. The land still didn't lack in prey; with their claim spanning three good territories packed with snow hardy animals they weren't hurting by any stretch of the imagination. Yet.

"Talk" "You" Think

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantFamousChristmas 2019Treat 2019Promptober 2019
11-24-2015, 11:09 PM

She'd been lying in her den, caring for her sick daughter. Gnar had been sickly since birth, noticeably thinner then the others but still struggling on. She had found herself a rather large den to accommodate her large form and her five children, though her heart ached now that Newol couldn't be with her. Not unless he joined of his own accord but she doubted that would happen. Nuzzling her babies, she pushed them together to keep them warm as winter had crept upon the lands. The battles that had happened days before still lingered in her mind, Cypress had been injured and she was sure his pride was broken. Akemi...well, she hoped the small female was alright.

Just when she had finished nudging Simurgh closer to the bundles of fur, Avalon heard Valentine's call for her. She stared outside for a moment, feeling odd and still strange at the thought that she was no longer within Sonticus. The familiar faces and voices gone. Now she would have to start over, remember who was who. But first, she would have to learn who was here and who they were. Valentine had said there were others here who sought the same goals as she. But she'd yet to determine that for herself. The few she saw at the challenge were...an odd bunch to say the least. All so eager about valentine's challenge and seeming as if they too were itching to get into a fight of their own.

Quietly, she picked herself up and slid out of the den, heading to the heart of the Orchard where Valentine's voice had come from. She wasn't familiar with these lands, so making her way there was a little slow going, but not terribly so. Upon spotting the large male, she approached with a dip of her head, quickly hiding away the thoughts that raged in her mind about all the sudden events. "Good day, Valentine. You called for me?" She stopped a couple feet from him, sitting down at a respectful distance as she curled her fluffier tail around her paws. Her fur was thicker then most, better suited for cold weather and snow like the rest of her lineage. Amber gaze found his as she waited to see what he needed of her.

"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

11-28-2015, 06:19 PM

The steady crunching of snow alerted Valentine to Avalon's presence long before her voice broke across him. He dipped his head in greeting to her as she made herself comfortable. "Indeed I did. Thank you for coming, Avalon. I know you've got your paws full." Perhaps one of his older kids could be coaxed into babysitting if Avalon ever needed a break.

The wind suddenly picked up and swept through the Orchard causing Valentine to readjust the placement of his paws under his tail. His winter coat had come in thick and full, and for that he was grateful. While most of winter's bite was kept at bay and he was kept comfortable by his coat, his paws weren't so thickly covered. For a moment the King's gaze darted away as he turned his face into the breeze to catch the scents coming in from the border.

Quite quickly his attention returned to Avalon. "I wanted to talk to you about your rank. Currently you are ranked as a Libertus, which is Imperium's citizen. With your recent move and little ones in mind I would understand if you wished to remain a citizen until you've had more time to settle in and familiarize yourself with Imperium's ways." He stopped there to gauge her reaction. "Of course if you feel you are ready..." Ultimately it was her decision.

"Talk" "You" Think

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

11-30-2015, 12:47 AM

Amber gaze watched with open curiosity when he confirmed he did call for her. A nod of her own was made, a silent answer to his mentioning her paws full and whatnot. Now that Newol couldn't be around, she really did have her paws full...especially since they were.old enough to go out and explore, save for two of her pups who seemed to be ill. Perhaps it was an omen of sorts...maybe life was taking something away after having just gotten something right. "They are a handful now that they've begun to wander outside of the den. It's...my first litter, I'm not really sure how I'm going to manage alone.." That last part was more to herself then to him, her words trailing off as she glanced at her paws.

As the north winds blew against them, she wondered how Newol must be feeling. He hadn't even shown up at the challenge...so she was unsure what their fate was. Sure he was there when the kids were born, but after that? She was getting annoyed with his constant disappearing act. And it wasn't fair. Maybe this was for the best. Maybe he would decide which world he wanted to be in. Exclusively to her...or among Surreal's kin. She would not be second choice. That wasn't how love worked. You're either in it, or you're not. There was no in between.

Her gaze lifted back to meet Valentine's as he spoke, her ears perking forward as her look showed interest and thought. She remembered the talk they had when the first met, and although it was all so sudden and the way he had simply chosen to challenge, she couldn't hold that against him. Honestly, she wasn't mad or upset about it really. Sonticus...was not the place she could truly shine. She enjoyed helping, but she usually helped loners who were coming by to ask questions, and Arian had always gone off to make decisions without consulting her, even though that's what the beta ranks entailed. She had been frustrated there, but here? Maybe it was her opportunity.

She was thoughtful for a moment, thinking about what it was she wanted to do and how she would do it now with her new family. Valentine had been open to helping her move them after the challenge, perhaps he or someone would be willing to help here as well. Of course. She would be picky with who it was...she refused to leave them in the care of someone she didn't trust. It was her first litter, they would be raised right. And if anyone hurt them or mistreated them, she would be on them like a hyena on a carcass. "I feel that I am ready. My children are old enough to be without me for a time, and I would like to start showing that I am capable. I am also sure I can learn about the pack as I go." Now her question was...what did She want to do? She was sure it would be discussed today. She had an idea already, and hopefully it would be something she could apply here, that she didn't really get the chance to apply to in her former pack.

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

12-06-2015, 08:58 PM

A faint smile pulled up the corners of his lips as she mentioned that her kids were a handful. It made him think of his kids and just how unprepared he'd been for the first litter and their fresh-out-of-the-den shenanigans. Thankfully they'd been confined to Imperium and there were more than enough eyes to make sure they stayed in packlands. If they'd been rogues he was sure they'd have misplaced at least one. "You're not all alone - you have the pack. If you ever need a break you're welcome to bring them by. I'm sure my kids would love to play." He couldn't guarantee that Rhys wouldn't rename one while Avalon was gone.

In response to her words Valentine nodded. He was quite pleased she thought she was ready. Although he would have been content to wait for her to settle in he admired her willingness. "I'm glad," he stated simply. Without further ado he launched into a brief summary of the ranks available to her. "Currently you have several rank options. Medica: the healers - this rank encompasses all healers no matter their specialty; Legionary: the common soldier; Venatrix: the common hunter; and Nutrix: the healers who specialize in pregnancy and childcare. Of course these are all base ranks and choosing one opens up a career path."

For a moment he lapsed into silence as he studied her. He was curious as to what she would choose and whether or not she would struggle with adjusting to a lower rank than she was used to. If there was something she excelled in a showing of her aptitude would, just this once, be enough to grant her a higher rank. He didn't make exceptions for many. "Do any of those have your interest?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

01-01-2016, 11:29 PM

She smiled when he offered her relief when she needed it. Her children she was sure, would love to play with others around their age. Though she was sure Valentine's children were older, but still, they would have someone to play with. "Thank you, Valentine. I really appreciate it. I am sure my children would love that." She curled her tail tighter around her paws as he explained to her the ranks that were open for her. There were quite a few choices, and while neither of them sounded like they were what she had before she came here, she wouldn't complain. She needed to prove herself, she would prove herself. And if that meant working herself to death, well then...it probably would happen. Her first choice was Medica, and as he explained, it sounded like something she might struggle with. She was no healer, at one point she had tried to learn and ended up making herself sick instead of better. She shook her head a little at that thought, Medica was definitely out.

Next, was the choice of Legionary...a common soldier huh? She was sure that it meant she would start as a warrior, training constantly and working with other warriors to master their skills in fighting. Before, when she first joined Sonticus...being a soldier had never been on her mind. But the more time passed, and the more the hurt and anger brewed since her mate up and left. The more she reached out to this idea. Legionary...would she ever be able to prove herself as a good if not great warrior? Time would tell, she supposed. Next were Venatrix and Nutrix. The latter was immediately out, she had no idea how to handle her own pregnancy let alone someone else's! No, that wouldn't do. Venatrix? She supposed she was a good hunter. She had the stamina and size to keep up and even occasionally overpower large game. Perhaps she would do that on the side, more as a hobby and help fill the stores when needed. As it stood, she made her choice.

At last, her conclusion was settled. "I choose to be a warrior. The rank of Legionary. Perhaps I may be able to prove myself in this field, and excel. I also think I have a good chance at diplomatic affairs, but...I suppose I should prove myself before we go further?" Honestly, she wanted to prove herself. She wanted to show that she could earn her ranks just as much as the next wolf. She had a sharp mind, and her fangs were growing sharper with each fight she won and lost...all she needed was more practice.

Art||Plotter

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

01-17-2016, 05:39 PM

Long moments passed as Avalon labored over an answer. Without a word Valentine waited patiently. He didn't want to rush her and was content to let her sort it out in her own time, although he was rather curious. Would she choose from what was available or broach the idea of a rank more fitting? He was open to the idea of designing a rank for her. Valentine was sure of her usefulness; it was only a matter of finding the perfect place for her.

Finally she spoke. A warrior, eh? This pleased him. "...I suppose I should prove myself before we go further?" Valentine nodded. "Mm, yes, I'd like to assess your skills before you are officially ranked." She'd still only been in Imperium a short time, so he was going to give her the option of being tested now or waiting. "We can either do it now or after you've had a chance to settle in. It's up to you." Thoughtfully, he added, "I think I'll have my son Angelus test you."

"Talk" "You" Think

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

02-24-2016, 09:03 PM

She nodded to his response, a light smile touching her lips. She was up for the task of doing it now, and remembering the quick spar she had against one of his other members, Mercy...well, she figured she ought to mention that. Whether it would do any good or not, she still needed more practice. She had lost that fight by a hair, but she was proud nonetheless. "I would rather not wait. You see, I already took it upon myself to take the chance to better my skills. Or try, anyway. I fought your warrior, Mercy recently, and she bested me by a hair. I still need some practice, but I am confident in my skills as a fighter and as a diplomat. Perhaps someday, something might be arranged to incorporate both jobs, but I am content in being a fighter for now." Her enthusiasm was nothing to boast about, but she felt quite enthusiastic about being here. Even more then when she was in Sonticus. "I will still test myself against your son if you wish."

"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

02-27-2016, 10:46 PM

His ears pricked forward as Avalon spoke of sparring with Mercy. She'd lost, but Mercy was a good fighter. Avalon would have been hard-pressed to beat her. "Hmm," he rumbled thoughtfully. The whole point of having Avalon fight Angelus was to get a sense of her skills. If that had already been done it didn't need to be done again. In this area Valentine trusted Mercy's judgement. If asked she could probably give him an honest assessment of Avalon's abilities. "I trust Mercy's judgement. If she thinks you are cut out for the rank than I see no reason to have Angelus spar with you." He nodded to himself then said, "I'll ask her about the fight and get back to you on rank placement."

"Talk" "You" Think

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

02-27-2016, 10:57 PM

She waited as he thought. And her ears would lift forward as he responded. She had no qualms about it, really. Even though Mercy had tried a sneak attack, Avalon was confident enough to retaliate and even respected the other woman for her win. She nodded to Valentine, a light smile touching her lips. "I look forward to it then. For now, I'll keep trying to better my skills." That was a promise more to herself than to him. She already had a few wins under her belt, although they were from before she came to imperium. Still, she had beaten an abaven girl and even her own former pack members. She was confident in her abilities, but the imperium wolves were a different match-up altogether. "Anything else that needs discussing?" She was sure the talk about her Rank was done. But she figured she'd ask just in case there was anything else on his mind.

"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

03-06-2016, 08:05 PM

Valentine nodded approvingly as she spoke. That was the right mindset to have and he was glad she was so eager to improve. There were lots of opportunities for improvement in Imperium. All she had to do was muse aloud about wanting to spar and someone somewhere would come running. "Anything else need discussing?" His ears flicked as he thought. No, there wasn't really. So long as she was settling in and all was as well as it could be given the circumstances he didn't have anymore to add. "Nope, that's it. I'll talk to Mercy and get her assessment. Thank you for coming, Avalon."

"Talk" "You" Think

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

03-09-2016, 10:32 PM

"Nope, that's it." She nodded her head when he said he'd talk to Mercy, but other then that there would be nothing else. She dipped her head as she smiled. She supposed now she would take her leave. "If you need me for anything else, don't hesitate to call." She stood, shaking her pelt and stretching her legs for a moment before looking at him again. "I suppose I'll see you later." Dipping her head once more as a goodbye, she turned to make her exit. Her first stop would be to get some food for her kids, and from there head out to the battlefield.

-Exit Avalon unless stopped-

"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter