gems
size
Large
build
-
player
keanai
11-26-2015, 05:31 PM
This was Borealis' other land? This? Why? It was dark, damp, and moderately terrifying. There'd be rats down here, too - Ren could hear them - but... why. He understood Fern Gulley, it was their home! But this place was not their home, and bluntly was awful. But then again, he barely understood what was going on. All these new wolves around him, his mother said, they were a pack. And what exactly was a pack? He did not know. Whatever.

The boy paused under a sunlit spot, not far from the entrance. It was warm here, and there was... something on the walls that he could see. He wasn't going to touch it. No thank you. Nope, instead he sat there, staring up through the hole in the rock and at the white fluffy clouds that looked like weird things.

"Speech"

Marina I

Loner
Unit

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
11-26-2015, 06:11 PM

The femme was moving with purpose towards her son. She had scented him wondering towards the other land of the pack she had chosen. It had not been chosen as a source of prey, no, but rather as a source of a hiding place during heavy weather, that, and perhaps a place to lose potential invaders of their lands. The female was trying to thick strategically, especially since it appeared one of their potential enemies was none other than Imperium itself.

The female would find her son at the entrance to the cave, looking up at the skies. Marina felt a little guilty about what she was doing to Cypress. She was more or less using the man for now -- controlling him as she readied the pack for her complete take over. But the man had offered the pack to her! ...and was she not doing him a favor by holding him back for now? If the man decided to go after Sin at some point later down the road she would not stop him... but for now Marina needed him... as twisted as that might be.

She held no ill will towards his family. They would have rights in this pack just as her own would. She would breathe in, coming to stand beside her babe with a gentle look in her eyes. "What do you think Ren? Seems like a fun place to explore, no?"

"Talk" "You" Think
Table by:: Fox

Ren

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
keanai
11-26-2015, 06:34 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2015, 06:35 PM by Ren.)
Ren was oblivious to... practically everything in the pack. He had not even met any others, instead sticking to the Fern Gulley... though he'd smelled others wandering in. It made his hackles raise, what if there were bad guys in the pack? What then? He didn't want his family being hurt! But he still wondered... why? Why did this happen? He almost felt resentful... almost. His mother was gone a bit more often, and he did not like that. But then again, he was used to being somewhat on his own, not for lack of his family caring, just that they simply were all pretty different. Oh, and his sisters despised one another for the most part. That made things a bit difficult too. Especially Zephyra and... well, honestly, everyone else that existed.

He would turn his head to look at his mother, the rainbow colored woman who gave him, and all his siblings, their fur color. Kaitlyn was... okay, brown, which was more so his father, and the white of his mother, Zephyra had the green, and Nixi had the blue. Then Ren sort of got a... much darker blue. It worked, though! Well, too.

His head turned back away as she stood next to him, his gaze cast still upon the sky. Her question was interesting... to explore? Eh. He wasn't much of an explorer. "You could get lost," he pointed out. "Or Kaitlyn, or Zephyra, or Nixie could exploring." It got super dark the further it went, what if his sisters took a wrong turn and ended up in the dark? There was water, yes, but no light, he didn't know if there was food, and they couldn't call out because of how things echoed around. His voice hardly needed to be above a whisper, and he was still near the entrance! "Dangerous," he clarified a moment later, cyan eyes flicking up to meet pink and red ones.

"Speech"

Marina I

Loner
Unit

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
11-26-2015, 09:28 PM

Marina’s gaze would soften as her baby spoke. “Sometimes getting lost is half the fun little one. If I hadn’t gone exploring, I would have never met your father. Besides... This is our land. You could never get lost here. I’d know exactly where to look for you.” Marina would give a gentle nudge to his shoulder. She would lay down beside her boy, wondering if any of her girls had gone exploring in the caves as of yet.

“Ren... It could be dangerous yes, but sometimes things are worth taking a chance. There will be danger all throughout our lives, and, it is my job to teach you how to protect yourself from that danger... Or defend you from it until you can yourself.” The woman would close her eyes.

“How about we start your training soon? You’ll need to be strong for your pack, your family.” The femme would open her eyes. “But most importantly you’ll need to be strong enough for yourself. To protect your body should you be challenged to a battle, or worse.” Marina would frown. “Do you... Even want to learn to fight?” She’d ask softly. It occurred to her she had little idea of what interests her children truly had.

"Speech"
'thoughts'

Table by:: Eve

[Image: t4ZIt0u.png]

Ren

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
keanai
11-29-2015, 10:29 AM
The boy would eye his larger mother doubtfully. Getting lost was not fun. And she should know that, too! After all, she always panicked when one of them wandered off... afraid of them getting lost. She'd go on to say that she'd know where to look, but he also doubted that - how would she? This place was huge and dark? What if both of them got lost?

Frowning, he turned his head away again, merely listening to her words. There was no point in arguing; he didn't want to upset Marina. Besides, she could probably tell he didn't believe her, he didn't need to tell her with words too!

Ears pricked at the words of training. Training, him? Protect the pack? Eh. But protect his family? Yes! A wholehearted yes! His head snapped to stare with cyan eyes, completely attentive to her words now. Yes, he wanted to learn to defend himself! More importantly, he wanted to learn to defend his family. How could he not? Why would he not? Momma said it was most important to defend himself, but he disagreed strongly. No, family came first! But regardless, he'd learn. He nodded in response to her question. Yes, yes he did.
"Speech"

Marina I

Loner
Unit

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
12-03-2015, 10:45 PM

Marina would watch her son, wondering what he was thinking. He was eyeing her doubtfully, frowning. He would even look away as she spoke. He didn’t believe her... And it was a bit heartbreaking. The femme’s gaze would lower, and she’d sigh. What if he was right? What if there was a time she could never find her babies? The thought made her heart ache. If she ever lost her babies... If they ever... Marina would feel herself start to tremble.

She hadn’t even noticed his nod. Her mind was starting to drift away, far away, and Marina would feel herself thinking of her childhood. How helpless she had been then. What if something like that happened to her babies? What if they were overrun? What if... What if...? Marina would squeeze her eyes closed, shuddering as she lowered down to the ground. No. She couldn’t break. She couldn’t start to crack. Not before her son.

“R-Ren? M..Mommy needs an herb... Before we start... In the den... Can... Can you get it?” It was all she could do to keep her voice from shaking more than it was.

"Listen to me talk,"'but read my thoughts.'

Table by:: Keno

Ren

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
keanai
12-07-2015, 07:36 AM
Silence - silence would meet him. Frowning, ears pulling back sharply, he would lean forward to look more closely at his mother. She was... she was trembling. She didn't even react. Her eyes closed, and her body started shuddering... what was wrong with his mother? The boy couldn't sit still anymore - he jumped up, leaning forward, pressing his nose into his mother's fur. Worry clouded his gaze, and a whine fell from him, questioning. What was wrong? What was happening? Why? He stood still, body rigid, unable to help. as his mother slid to the ground. Why?

She would speak, and he frowned. A... herb? Why - no, he wasn't going to question. He didn't want to leave her like this, either. He gave his mother a mute nod, before bolting out of the den: a flat out run, until he bursted into their family den, pushing past any siblings that may have in been there. He knew something was wrong - no matter how hard she tried to hide it. It did not take long to spot the herb when he sniffled around his mother's sleeping spot - it was a bright purple, with a long stalk; he grabbed a few of those in his jaw and bolted back - still, despite his running, it still took him several minutes to return. He'd drop it at the paws of the rainbow wolf, concern alight in his eyes as he watched her. Oh, how he hated this.

Marina I

Loner
Unit

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
12-09-2015, 06:02 PM

The last thing Marina wanted to do was scare her children... But damn if she couldn’t fight these demons in her head. They screamed at her, they clawed at the surface. Marina would grit her teeth tightly, shuddering again. She could her Ren leave, running off to get the herb she requested. Lavender. One of the few herbs she had cared to collect. The scent was soothing, calming. It chased away those demons that threatened her.

It was only once she was sure Ren had fled far enough that Marina would let out a low whine. Eyes were squeezed closed, claws digging into the soil. Fight. She had to fight. If she didn’t no one would fight for her. But she was scared. She was weak. She would breathe heavily, her ears pinned against her head..

It seemed to take an eternity for her little one to return.

When he did Marina would gather up the lavender, taking deep breathes. She’d nibble on some as well, the taste not the most pleasant, but it was a soothing action. In a couple minutes times she’d calm enough to look at her son.

“Ren... I...” How did she tell him about what had just happened? “I’m sorry...”

"Listen to me talk,"'but read my thoughts.'

Table by:: Keno

Ren

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
keanai
12-09-2015, 07:23 PM
HE would crouch beside her, cyan gaze riveted to his mother's form. What was wrong with her? What was that herb? she simply smelled it, deeply, but also nibbled on it - but mostly smelled. Was it most effective on smell? Why did it help his mother? What was wrong with his mother? He didn't know, and quite frankly it bothered him. His mother should not be like this, ears pinned, deep breathing, as if she'd... he didn't know. Runa whole lot? Got in a fight? But there were most definitely no wounds and she had been fine minutes before.

His eyes would wander off, though movement from her - her looking up at him - would cause them to snap onto her red and pink eyes. He'd frown at her, body tense even as he hovered there silently. Her words would break him - he would surge forward, concerned whines spilling from him as he sniffled all over Marina's face, every once in a while also licking. Sorry? How could she be sorry? "Mama, what on earth are you sorry for?" he muttered, shaking his head even as he nuzzled said head into the fur on her scruff. No, no need for her to be sorry. Only be alright.

Marina I

Loner
Unit

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
12-14-2015, 04:15 PM

Marina was thankful, so thankful for her little one. He remained calm, well, relatively calm under pressure. Concerned whines left him, licking at her face. When he spoke, Marina would advert her gaze away from her. She would feel her heart give, a whine of her own escaping her. “Mama is sick, Ren. Mama is ill in a way that no herbs can truly make her better. It is a sickness of the mind... And... She sometimes remembers things... Bad things... That have happened.” The rainbow marked female would draw into her son, burying her face into his fur.

“But... It’s okay... It’ll be okay... I just... I just have to keep fighting.” Marina would shake her head, taking in another deep breathe of lavender. “...Ren... Can I trust you with something?” Marina would ask, finally letting her saddened gaze shift back to her son.

""
Table by:: Tea

Ren

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
keanai
12-20-2015, 02:19 PM
Oh, that whine, it broke him inside. How could his mother - mama be so hurt? What hurt his mama? Why? Why couldn't he fix it? Could he? And then she spoke... and Ren felt something shatter inside. Perhaps it was a shred of puppy innocence that was slowly fading away, but either way - her words hit him, hard. Sick. His mama was sick, sick in the head and it hurt her. Why would something like that happen? What bad things could possible cause his mama to be in so much pain? It was inconceivable, and the pup simply did not understand.

It was then he realized he also did not care if he understood. Mama would keep speaking, and Ren would listen even as his little body was pushed into the bigger woman's fur, her nose nuzzling into his side. He'd slowly withdraw his head and wiggling away, lying down in front of Mama, his paws stretching in front of him to touch Marina's chest. He'd stare up at her with widened cyan eyes. "I'll fight with you, Mama," the boy promised solemnly, nuzzling a large paw of the alpha. Oh, how did he mean it. He meant it so much. He'd keep that muzzle near her leg, up until she spoke again, and then he'd try to wiggle as close as he could to his mother's chest.

He was no longer as small as he had been - it was a bit difficult to do so, but damnit, he'd try! Even if he was nearing 36" tall. He'd try to curl up and lick the bottom of her chin like he did as a small small pup, love and concern on his face. "Mama, yes, duh, I love you, you can trust me with anything. You're my mama." That was all the logic he needed - no matter what was wrong with his family, he'd love them forever.

Marina I

Loner
Unit

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
12-20-2015, 07:45 PM

Marina didn’t want to feel this way. She didn’t want to have that feeling of darkness in her mind, in her heart, and certainly didn’t want it to affect her babies. But this sickness inside her, this sick twisted thing, was something that would effect them. It was something she couldn’t hide from anymore, and though Marina was trying to get herself fixed, by keeping herbs like lavender about, it wasn’t enough. She would need to keep fighting regardless...

...and it seemed that Ren would keep fighting with her. Her little boy, so strong. Her gaze would soften at his words, so kind, so genuine. It was a promise though, one that she could believe in. Marina would curl her head around around him after he licked her chin, breathing out slowly. She felt... Surprisingly safer with Ren there with her. She would close her eyes, giving the slightest of nods.

“I want you to continue to walk beside me, Ren. I want you to continue fighting with me, and more than just that. Ren... When the time is right I... I want you to follow in my pawsteps and take over Borealis. I know that I’m asking a lot, and it won’t be any time soon that you need to lead, but I feel... I feel that I will need time to get you ready.” The femme would explain, her voice soft. “Will you accept this task?”

"Talk" "You" Think
Table by:: Fox

Ren

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
keanai
12-23-2015, 12:26 PM
Oh, how he hated his mother like this. Oh, how he wished he could do something... more than what he was. The darkness inside of his mother; how had he not seen it before? Why must it affect her so? It bewildered the young one's mind, who had never yet before seen such a dark thing. He was innocent; naive. Slowly, that was fading away - with this being the first piece of the shell to break away. His mother was not unbroken. She was broken inside.

Still, she'd curl her head around him, and the boy would breathe a sigh in relief. She was becoming herself again, she was becoming her. The unbroken one. The broken one was being pushed aside for the moment, and that was what mattered. He felt the slight movement of her head, and he'd smile to himself - it seemed, she might have come to some sort of decision. And he figured she was about to tell him what she wanted of him.

Her words - spoken so softly, so firmly. They were music to the boy's ears; he could not agree with he with her more. Yes, he would always walk beside his family. He'd never leave them, no, not if he had the - shock cut off his thoughts. What? Him, to become ruler over Borealis at some point? But... but what if something happened? What if he messe- once again, his thought process would be interrupted by further words from his mother. Training, alongside her. And a reassurance that it would not be anytime soon would he lead... and then, and then the question. By this point, the young boy had already come to a conclusion. He pulled away from Marina slightly, so he could look her in the eyes. "Yes, Mama," he spoke firmly, nodding once to emphasize his words. Determination sparked in his gaze. He'd do it - definitely. He'd do it for his mama.

"Speech"

Marina I

Loner
Unit

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
01-04-2016, 08:31 PM

Marina knew that it was a lot to take in at once. Both her condition and her proposition. Her son was getting his first taste that the world as he knew it was not okay. That things were unstable. That even those you loved could be suffering and there was little you could do to help them except just physically be present. It must have been a scary thought, Marina told herself. She could not have imagined seeing her own mother in such a state. Though in other respects what she had witnessed instead of her parents had been far worse than some mental illness.

She was, in a sense, placing the world upon her son’s shoulders. She knew that she would only rule Borealis for a couple years or so before she’d want to step down, to pass the pack into his capable paws. It would give her time to mold the pack, to shape it into something she hoped her own parents would look upon with pride. It had been harder, with Spencer’s disappearance, and Marina was realizing that she needed someone else by her side. That support was a hundred percent necessary.

Relief. There was a breath of relief as she heard the confirmation from her son. He might not have been of her direct blood, but he was her child. He was the one she was closest too out of all of her children. It was a tad ironic, but it showed that one didn’t need blood to be loved or show love. He had needed her... And Marina had needed him. Even with her daughters she hadn’t realized how much she had needed him up until now. She would breathe in, taking in his scent. It was comforting... Even more so than the lavender at this point.

“Thank you.” Marina would whisper. She felt a weight lift off her own shoulders, now shared between herself and Ren. Marina would find her smile again, and she’d give a small nod. “From this day forth you will be known as our Polaris, the very future and core of Borealis.” The femme would give a lick to her son’s cheek. “We can start training tomorrow, Ren... Today I think... I think I just want to enjoy your company.” Mari would gaze into his light blue hues. “Will you stay with me?”

"Speech"
'thoughts'

Table by:: Eve