Mikal

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
08-22-2014, 01:29 AM

He wanted everyone to fear him. After all, he was pretty much an insane animal, known for fighting and strength. Did he really have to go around acting all tough? It was summer, and he was alone...why not calm his inner demon?

Ah, the taste of summer, it was bold and flashing. A wonderful time for him to soak up the sun and relax in the shade and water. Just himself and the sun? He could use a friend to enjoy it with. A friend? Like another wolf to have fun with? Sure, why not? Meet another wolf, become good buddies...heck, why did he have to be alone all the time? Why was he chasing women and trying to woo them?

The scrawny black creature streaked across the yellow and green grass, the southern hills rolling behind him. Pleasant heat filled the air, as well as the scent of other foreign creatures. Not far away, lumbering brown animals attended their usual ordinary life: munching on the succulent grass. He wasn't quite sure what they were, with their hooves and horns, but they looked pretty harmless. For now, he would just pace around this wide open space of perfect emerald and golden hills. Summer.

"Speech"

Janus

gems
size
build
player
08-22-2014, 08:19 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2014, 08:27 PM by Janus.)
Like usual, He was bored. Padding across the rolling green hills, with no companion but his mind was a rather lonely existence, and he would be hard pressed to find something to do, Summer had returned, and it was about time he found something to do other than wandering the southern lands. Summer was here, and he figured he shouldn't waste the nice warm summer months.

The younger wolf carefully avoided the strange brown, horned creatures across the knolls, making sure not to stray across the path of one of the massive beasts. Shivering at the thought of being fired by one of them he began to make his way to the top of a nearby hill, wondering if he could pick up something from higher ground. Lazily strolling to the top of a rather large hill he sat on his hind legs, and noted the summer heat, making a mental note to find a source of water, maybe even a stream was nearby, hopefully not dried up.

Raising his nose in the air, and taking a quick whiff, noting he scents on the creatures, but their was something else and it excited him, Wolf. Scanning the surrounding hills, his deep blue eyes caught a trace of a black streak making it's way across the lush summer hills. Wary of the possibility that this wolf might kill him, the grey wolf began to follow, first at a distance, before finally closing in to about fifteen meters away from the stranger.

Mikal

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
08-23-2014, 04:34 AM

He sat himself in an upright position, watching the brown animals do whatever they did best. On the peak of one of many graceful hills he sat on, basking in the sunshine. In the corner of his eye, his bitter amber orbs spotted another creature. His head turned the way the stranger had come. The other boy seemed a little younger than himself, the same height with many shades of grey dappling his pelt. Mikal wasn't good with meetings others, if that was what the other intended, but oh well, he would look stupid acting shy.

"It's a nice day isn't it?" The man remarked, golden eyes flickering to the cloudless sky. Not a single ivory soul in the azure life. He had to admit, it did look pretty cool to see no clouds. "Summer would be my favorite time of the year."

There wasn't any need for a name just yet, this stranger could be just passing by. Unless, of course, if the other wolf didn't mind a good chat. Mikal didn't want to seem like his usual snarling and hostile self. Maybe this other wolf was no threat to him. Though if the other creature brought a battle along, then Mikal would gladly use his aching claws.

"Speech"

Janus

gems
size
build
player
08-23-2014, 09:48 PM
He wasn't exactly sure, but it would seem to him that the stranger was trying to make conversation with him. Tilting his head to the side curiously, his dark blue eyes blinking at the darker wolf. He would think a moment before responding to the older, but not by much male. His tail would twitch slightly, excited that he had company, something he hadn't had in a while.

"Indeed." The younger boy would respond, matching the strangers moved and glancing up at the sky for half a moment, his eyes wandering the vast blue landscape, running undisturbed without a hint of a cloud in sight for leagues on end in every direction as far as the eye could see. Turning his attentive yet curious gaze back to the stranger he says, "Although...I don't really know about the heat, but I guess I can head north if I feel the need for the cold." He had never been farther north than Buffalo Knolls in reality, but he had heard tales and whispers from wandering rouges and such about the cold forests and lakes, and the savage feral packs of the north that ate other wolf. Hopefully those were just rumors and old den-mothers tales he though to himself holding back a shudder.

Mikal

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
08-24-2014, 04:00 AM

The ragged grey wolf responded, agreeing with the nice weather, also mentioning he didn't mind the cold. The cold? Like up north? Way too chilly for Mikal's liking, even though he hadn't been there. It was rumored to be a winter wonderland. Eh, no thanks, he loved the heat.

"I can't stand the cold. I am more used to the scorching heat of the West." Mikal spoke again, engaging in the rather interesting subject of weather. What else was there to chat about? So much more! This other boy seemed friendly, and didn't mind the ordinary talk. Why not get to know him?

"I'm Mikal, by the way," He finally blurted out at the last minute, forgetting all about introducing himself. "Who are you?"

Hopefully the boy had a name, well, who didn't?

This was turning out to be quite an adventure. Perhaps the South was a lovely place after all. His paws always led him to intriguing places, escaping from his hidden dark soul. He hoped to have as much freedom as he could before he was back to his usual wild battle-hungry behavior.

"Speech"

Janus

gems
size
build
player
08-24-2014, 10:56 AM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2014, 11:04 AM by Janus.)
He dropped his defenses a little, not a lot, but just a tad, this stranger didn't seem to be one of the over aggressive rouges that frequently wandered the lands. Speaking of the lands, this stranger mentioned that he was from the west, which perked his interests, he had never been too far west, heat was not his strong point. But still...one could be rather curious.

The darker male finally introduced himself, naming himself Mikal and Janus realized it was rude not to do the same and he quickly followed suit. "Janus, nice to meet you Mikal." He said politely, trying to be on his best usual non-existent manners, and he really did want to have a friend for once, so he was trying very hard not to mess this up. It had been so a while since he had talked to another wolf for this long, especially one that was not hostile. "So what brings you here Mikal?" He added after what seemed like an era of silence." Not wanting to pry and be rude, but the younger boy was just a bit curious about the stranger, Mikal.

Mikal

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
08-25-2014, 03:42 AM

The man of many shades of ash said that his name was Janus. Names had been exchanged before Janus asked an interesting question to get the conversation running again. What brings you here? It was a rather simple question, but Mikal didn't mind whatever the subject was. As long as he could get to know this wolf, and at least have a friend, that would be great.
"I'm a rogue, so I just wander here and there." He replied smoothly without effort in a relaxed tone. "I've heard of pack wolves, but that life ain't for me."

It's true, Mikal wasn't much of a loyal and trustworthy creature. The Alpha wouldn't tolerate his laziness even for a day. As a free rogue he could do whatever he wanted to do, without having a cranky wolf ordering him to hunt and fight for others. Boring! And then there were pack wolves. Ugh, don't even get started!

"How about you, Janus?" The cunning onyx man finally asked, giving a rather curious glance to Janus. Well, this was a marvelous way to spend his summer's eve.

"Speech"

Janus

gems
size
build
player
08-27-2014, 09:26 PM
Although he knew this question was coming, he still had no idea how to answer it, his heart began to beat a tad faster and he would blink at the older man. He searched his mind for a few good reasons why he was there, maybe an overbearing intellectual one or a sarcastic wise crack that would deflect the question, sighing he would choose neither and go with the truth, or whatever was closest to it in general to him.

"I guess you could say I'm like you...just wandering the land, no pack to call my own." He finally replied after what seemed to be a few moments. He never really liked questions like this, that made him think about what he didn't have. "Packs aren't for me anyway...much more freedom this way, it's pretty much better in my eyes." The grey male sighed nice again and studied Mikal once again, still curious...

Mikal

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
08-28-2014, 04:09 AM

Finally, someone agreed with him. Both him and Janus shared the same thoughts on freedom and pack life. No other wolf had ever agreed with him, until now. He was actually starting to take a liking to Janus, which Mikal never found himself that close with other wolves. He was a cold and emotionless creature, yet a friend-like bond could still blossom. Why be so empty-hearted and lonely? After all, great minds think alike.

"That's the first time someone's agreed with me," He remarked to himself, but loud enough for those words to be heard by Janus. Shaking his head to diminish those thoughts, he tried to think of something to ask the other boy. Janus seemed curious, and perhaps Mikal could get to know more about him. "But anyway, tell me more about yourself, Janus. I bet you have something else to share."

That really wasn't a good way to start the conversation again, but, who cared? It was like water off a duck's back. He was unrestrained and carefree, nothing bothered the onyx creature. And perhaps Janus had the same feel for freedom too.

"Speech"