Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
12-08-2015, 12:48 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2015, 01:19 PM by Katja the First.)

The season was well begun, and, Katja judged, it was well past time to call her pack together. She had much to do, and now that the raiding season had passed and the lean season begun it was time to do it. Vereux was still missing, and with Warja gone and Kassander still in Abaven they were greatly short of several necessary skill sets that would need filling one way or another. She was also certain now of her pregnancy, and knew that before long it would become difficult to function as well as she had before. She was old for a first litter, and had no knowledge of how or when it would effect her. She would carry on regardless, but there would need to be changes.

She judged the day to be clear, and fair for a northern winter. The sun was shining, albeit weakly, and there wasn't even a breeze to disturb the two feet of soft powdered snow that had fallen all night. She plowed through the chest-deep powder with grim determination, but quickly realized that the drifts were just too much for any but the tallest among them to handle, and surely not the young of the pack. Rather than continuing on to the usual meeting place she turned in her tracks and returned to the gorge to tamp down a wide circle in the snow within the gorge itself. Satisfied, she lifted her head, and called out for the pack to gather themselves, from the pups to the elders and all between - the season's þing had begun.

""
""

deadline to post here is Friday. It's short notice but I want to make sure everyone is paying attention to what happens in the pack. Any wolf who doesn't show up will not be very pleased with the result.

Cathaoir

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
12-08-2015, 01:01 PM
Cathaoir was still pretty new to the pack, it had not been long since Katja accepted him into Yfir's ranks. He hadn't make a point to get out and socialize with the other pack mates, even though he knew that he should. So when the alpha called for the whole pack to gather, he lifted his head as his dark gray ears pulled in that direction. This would be the perfect time to see the faces of those who called this place home. Picking himself up, the tall gray boy made his way towards Katja, a nervous look held in his minty green eyes. When he saw the darker alpha he dipped his head in respect and in greeting before taking a seat in the trampled snow. Ah, so he was the first one there? That was good, right? Cath was eager to meet everyone else, even though he was very nervous. Shuffling on his paws until he got comfy, he waited for the rest of the members to appear.

Neith

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
12-08-2015, 01:20 PM
Neith and her tailless child were out on a bit of an adventure when the call for the pack sounded. The Moria woman decided that morning to bring the quickly growing girl out into the snow for a good time. Eisleif enjoyed the snow considerably, it seemed to be one of only a few sources of laughter from her daughter. Neith couldn't deny that her child was somewhat odd compared to other pups. She was kind of quiet, obviously curious but not one to come right out and play. She was... serious. While this wasn't really a problem Neith was worried because of this nature she might miss out on certain opportunities. So the worried mother did her best to think of games. While Neith had trouble entertaining her child Laufey did not. Eisleif was a totally different pup when she was with her father, so as they made their way towards Katja's call she wouldn't help but to wonder to herself what Eis might be like in a meeting with the whole of the pack.

Mother and daughter would appear from the woods, and would quietly find their way to the meeting place. With her head held no higher than even with her shoulders the silver marked woman would approach the Finnvi leader, "Hello, Dróttin." After a word from Eisleif the woman would lead her child a few lengths away, leaving room for those of higher rank than she to sit beside their leader. With a quick nod to the other wolf who'd arrived just before her and Eis the Friðla would coil her haunches and wait patiently. Neith's vibrant gaze would search for Laufey's tall form.

Eisleif

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
12-08-2015, 01:32 PM

Mother had taken her out to play today, this excited the pup more than she would have normally been compared to playing in not snow. Play was an alright activity, especially if she was with her Father. However she would have much rather been enjoying a good story about Vikings of old or the gods. Lessons were also looked forward to by the girl, and her enthusiasm for learning could not be beat.

But snow. The little blue eyed child did not hesitate to follow her mother out into the powdery substance, for a good long while she would enjoy the cold against her fur. All too soon she'd hear a howl though. Not quite realizing what it meant she'd feel the urge to howl back. Of course her voice was nowhere near as powerful as that of Katja. Before she knew it the game was over, and with just a little bit of disappointment she would follow after her dark coated mother. Was this a lesson? "Mother, are we going to a lesson? Will there be other pups this time? Is Father going to be there? Who was it calling for us?" She'd utter many more questions before the pair arrived. There were only two others so far, with wide curious eyes she would follow her Mother to where Katja stood.

She'd do as her mother did, lowering her head in greeting when it was her turn, and adding her own respectful little "Hello, Dróttin." As her mother turned to lead her to their seat. She would find her place tucked underneath her mother's chest. She was just as eager to see her sire, "Is Father going to sit by me?" She'd ask as she looked up at her mother's chin.
""

Stóri

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko
12-08-2015, 07:10 PM
Stori hurriedly came to the call. What was it? Was it another story? Was this... a meeting? Ooh! Stori rushed over, his paws hammering the cold ground. He would sink into the snow, then bounce up again, then fall below the thick snow, carving out a dashed line towards the meeting. The flattened out area was a lot easier to walk in. He heard Eisleif's question about "Father" sitting near her. Stroi butted in, "Hey Katja- and nooo, DAD is going to sit by ME, you already have her!" his nose pointed towards the woman who was in the pack but also not a real viking. He would have to ask Katja about that later. His sea-foam eyes peered at his half-sibling, still not totally sure how she got here or what this mom creature was.

Hani

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
12-08-2015, 07:18 PM
Her herbs were scarce, food was scarce, action was scarce. She was bored. Hani hated it here... and she had a headache. She barely could move from all this damned cold. She knew she wasn't built for such weather, but here she was, pushing her way through snow to get to some meeting. Good, great, fantastic. How did these wolves expect to hunt here where everything that was prey had moved to the south? Hani, with her thinner coat, certainty couldn't do much hunting and even less now that her drug supply was running out thanks to- guess what- the cold! Who decided the North was a good place to live? Hani entered the meeting and sat, curling her tail around her frozen feet. She shivered slightly, keeping her eyes level, making sure she wasn't looking at anyone in particular. She should have stayed home.

Inga

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
12-08-2015, 08:07 PM

Inga powered through the snow, her short but sturdy legs moving in steady, confident rhythm as she sought to answer the Drottning's call. The þhing was to begin and she didn't want to be late. Panting she paused for a moment… when had she gotten so old? As if sensing her thoughts Balthazaar, the black raven, launched himself from her right shoulder and soared into the sky with a smirk. "I pity you four-legged creatures I really do." Inga snorted. "And I pity those of you who are fangless, now come Balthazaar, how about a little encouragement for old Inga?" Branwen, a white crow perched upon her left shoulder, gently touched the older woman's neck behind her ear. "You're doing wonderfully Inga, think how strong your legs will be!" Inga laughed again. Her? Grow stronger? The thought was laughable. She was on the physical down turn of her life.

Inga arrived at the meeting as Balthazaar returned to his perch upon her right shoulder. She dipped her head in greeting to Katja. "Drottning, I present to you two old friends of mine, Balthazaar and Branwen. They will be joining me here in Yfir and are familiar enough with the ways of our people to be respectful." She shot Balthazaar a look but he only blinked back at her. Sometimes she felt he was too smart for his own good.

"Speech"

Laufey

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
12-08-2015, 08:17 PM

He still didn't know what to make of Katja's pregnancy. Or rather, he didn't know what to make of his and Katja's...relationship? Details from their encounter were sketchy - very sketchy. He remembered all of the damning parts well enough, but other things were still lost in the haze those drinks and plants had created. If there was one thing Laufey learned from the celebration it was that he shouldn't trust Kaprasius and his plants or that monkey-thing and his drinks.

Haze or not, Laufey didn't regret what he'd done. He still felt as he had that night; there was no doubt in his mind that the children he sired would one day make someone formidable adversaries. The blood of two Finnvi was giving them life. All of Alacritia would know their name.

Laufey took great - and childish - pleasure in beating Kaprasius to the meeting. He ghosted in behind Stori and arrived just in time to catch the exchange between his kids. A bit of sibling rivalry? After reaching out and attempting to sneak a lick across the top of Neith's head Laufey moved to sit down between his kids. ""How about you both sit beside me?

This character is prone to acts of EXTREME violence when provoked. If this makes you uncomfortable do not thread with him.

Bernadette

gems
size
build
player
12-09-2015, 06:11 PM

The woman wasn’t quite sure what to make of these other wolves in Alacrita. She knew she enjoyed her packmates, their company, and that was enough. Bernadette found herself settling into into Yfir just fine. The woman would let her bicolored eyes roam the area as she stalked in, finding that some of the members of Yfir had yet to arrive. That was alright though -- surely they would be along before long.

Bernadette would seat herself somewhere near Laufey and Neith -- the latter one of the few pack mates that she had met. Berny would flick her ears forward, her attention focused on Katja. The presence of the little ones would catch her attention too for a moment, but Bernadette wasn’t incredibly focused on them. After giving a respectful nod to their Drottning the femme would settle down to wait for the meeting to begin.

Lyndvarr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
12-10-2015, 05:59 PM

LORD, I AM CLIMBING HIGH MOUNTAINS TRYING TO GET HOME
Trying to get home...  

Lyndvarr was out on border patrol when the call rang out. He'd been walking the far border of the Gale Gorge, taking note of the animal tracks he found to report back to Inga and the hunters. Without the rich foilage of the terra to give him cause to practice the healing arts he'd settled instead for battle training and patrolling. Lyndvarr would switftly turn to the source of the call and would arrive a bit later than many of the other wolves but he would give his aunt a brief greeting before going to sit next down to Inga and her companions. They didn't throw him off, he'd seen them before… though his eyes narrowed slightly at Balthazaar who had a bad habit of plucking bits of fur off unsuspecting pups.

Hárekr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
12-10-2015, 06:03 PM

NOW THERE'S GREEN LIGHT IN MY EYES
And my lover on my mind..

Hárekr rolled and tossed and turned. His dreams had been fitful of late and they sapped his sleep and much of his will and energy. The call rang out and Háre promptly turned over. It couldn't be time already! No! He need one more hour, one more blessed hour…. an hour he knew he was honestly never going to get. With a huff Hárekr pulled himself slowly out of his den, shook out his coat and then trudged through the snow to the meeting place. He paused for a moment to eye the carrion birds perched on Inga and he grinned. Wow… was she going to drop dead right in the meeting? It wouldn't surprise him. She was aaaanccieeent. Devoid of energy for quips and his usual tomfoolery Háre would nod a greeting to Katja before… stopping as he noticed a familiar face. "Why Lady Neith! Fancy meeting you here." He grinned and glanced between her and Laufey and the pup. "My, my, my we have been busy. Congrats on your youngling, both of you." He moved to sit near Bernadette and decided he really needed to cut his wandering trips a bit shorter. He was having trouble keeping up on all the going on's in Yfir.

"Monsters don't sleep under your bed, they sleep inside your head."

Kaprasíus

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
12-11-2015, 05:07 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2015, 05:07 PM by Kaprasíus.)
 It wasn't at all surprising that Katja had called a meeting. There was much to discuss. The direction of their pack, her own pregnancy - their were duties to be taken on by the others that Katja could not bear alone. Or rather, should not handle alone. Surely the rest of Yfir would be as ecstatic as he was.. and saying he was ecstatic about Katja's future spawn was a slight understatement.  Kaprasius was giddy upon hearing her call, and merrily made his way to the bottom of the gorge.

Most of the pack had arrived already. He eyed a rather uncertain looking silver-furred man, as he was unfamiliar to him. He spotted Laufey's concubine, and their child - as well as Laufey's other son - and he'd flash the two a smile as he arrived. Laufey's slave was here as well, and he spotted Inga with two ravens who sat upon her shoulders. Bernadette, Harekr, Inga, and Lyndvarr were here as well. His paws carried him nearest to Inga, where he sat and observed the birds quietly, amused as he waited for Katja to begin.

WARNING: Kaprasíus is extremely prone to violence, including maim fights & character claiming.
Katja is also welcome in any and all of his threads, without warning.
He also has a bush viper companion named Jǫrmungandr.

Katja the First

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
12-19-2015, 03:19 PM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2015, 07:51 AM by Katja the First.)
Her pack gathered before her, from the eldest to the youngest. Laufey's concubine greeted her, the daughter by her side, and Katja tilted her head in acknowledgement, sent a mild warning glance sliding over Stori as he argued with his half-sister. Her gaze rested a moment on Laufey as he maneuvered between his pups before a quarrel could break out, and she nodded to him. She thought he might be proud to have been chosen as the vessel of a god, that the god might sire children upon Midgard, and she felt it a more than justifiable pride. Hani the thrall slipped in sulkily, earning a chilly glance from the alpha, but she had at least appeared. Inga drew her attention, flanked by the mismatched pair of ravens that Katja regarded with superstitious wariness. She dipped her head respectfully. "I bid you well come, Ferðar Hugins.". Last of all came her cousin Kapra with excitement in his very bearing - she had of course told him of her pregnancy, and what had occurred after she left his side that night.

"There is much to discuss," she cut into the murmur of voices greeting each other. She sat straight and proud, meeting each set of eyes in her pack. Much indeed. "Before we begin I have announcements to be made. Firstly - The pack is far too scattered over our territory for safety or for community. It will not do. I will have all wolves of Yfir den here in the gorge, to protect our young and to mingle with one another nightly. It is not right that we would see each other only once a season when I call a thing. Secondly - We have a wolf that has been missing for some time now. Vereux Armada has not appeared to any training, nor has he been seen nor smelled in pack lands for many months. I wish you all to keep an eye out for any sign of him, dead or alive, and spread the word among the packs and loners that we are seeking him. Whether he has passed into the next world or turned traitor, we must know that we may grieve - or seek vengeance."

She paused to settle herself, then continued with her most important announcements. "Now - The gods have in their wisdom chosen to mingle their blood with ours, to strengthen further generations of our pack. The blood of the Finnvi, touched by the gods themselves. I bear the children of Odin!" Her declaration was proud, fierce, fanatical, as she declared her pregnancy to the pack that would raise them, but her sharp voice mellowed to a softer steel. "There will be changes made. We are growing larger as a pack. In other packs you might find it... difficult, to find the opportunity to progress to greater prestige when a pack grows. That will not be so. Yfir is, as always, a meritocracy above all else. If you have the skill, you should not find it impossible to find a rank that suits you. To that end I will allow for three separate bands within Yfir, with three separate Stallari to lead them. Each will be allowed a lead warrior, and a lead healer. Each will be supported by their own warriors, their own healers, their own hunters. Their own priests." She nodded decisively. Yfir had gone without quite long enough. "This will allow room for you to progress, even if there are many others who vie for your coveted position.

"As is customary at any þing, I invite any who wish to gain rank to now step forth and state their intentions to be tested. All physical challenges for rank, all testing, will wait for the end of the þing, before we feast. For now, however -"

She cast her gaze out, caught Laufey's, and then Stori's, invitingly. "If there are any among the children who believe they are ready to progress, to seek training in a field and be assigned a mentor, speak now." And to the group as a whole, "And any who seek redress for a grievance, or wish to make a statement to the pack... now is your time."

OOC: First of all, sorry for the crappiest meeting post ever that I probably forgot half of what I had planned out to say. Secondly, I expect everyone to post here at least one more time, though with the holidays the deadline will not be until January 3rd. Anyone wanting to move out of their current rank must state what rank they want, and after the 3rd will be fighting for it (unless it's a healer or priest... I'll figure it out then! stay tuned). I might be replying a few times before the 3rd just to allow the meeting to progress at a natural pace and not have everything backed up, but I don't expect anyone else to if they don't want to.

Edited to add: I forgot much of what I'd intended to say in this post so I edited it in. Feel free to edit any posts after this one if need be. Sorry!

Eisleif

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
12-20-2015, 02:54 PM

As Eisleif awaited a quick reply to her mother another voice would interrupt. Her sharp blue gaze was quick to fall upon him as he claimed that their Father was actually going to sit beside him. Her jaw would fall open in disbelief as Laufey himself appeared to dissipate any further argument. He would sit beside the both of them. The tiny tailless viking child would beam at his side, happy she didn't have to sit next to Stori. Who did he think he was trying to keep Father away from her.. though she'd seen Katja's gaze as it landed on Stori when he'd tried to argue, and she was reminded yet again that she should always be as respectful as possible when gathered before the Drottin.

Taking her focus off of Stori, he was just going to make her mad if she kept staring at him, she'd watch as the rest of the pack would trickle in. This was the first time she would meet everyone, she knew a couple of faces already but she hadn't met everyone yet. Her eyes would widen at the sight of the birds, she'd never seen ones this big so close. At least not alive. Her gaze would waver as she moved to a she wolf who would come to sit close by her mother and father. Another pale man would come up, recognizing her mother. She would smile up at him as he noticed her, but would be distracted from him and her mother as a battle scarred warrior smiled at her and Stori. Wait, who was that? He had a tail like hers! The little striped stump on her rump would wiggle back and forth excitedly at the sight of him as she heard Katja start the meeting.

Coming to attention she would sit proudly as their Alpha addressed them. Eisleif didn't comprehend everything that was going on but she knew the importance and she would do her best to mimic the reactions of her mother and father. At the end Katja would ask everyone if they wished to seek out a higher rank, and if children were ready to take on their mentors. She didn't miss the look that was given to Stori and she would become rather restless. If Stori was going to further his training she wanted to as well. "I.. I'm ready for a mentor." She would speak out, finding confidence as she stood and spoke.
""

Stóri

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko
12-20-2015, 11:05 PM
Stori's dad came in and said he's sit by both of them. The young boy protested, "Noo, she already HAS an adult." He huffed, noticing Katja's eyes on him. He looked away. He spent the rest of the meeting staring, glaring at that girl from behind his father's elbow. His ears were turned to listen to Katja and he would break his stare with making sure she wasn't staring at him. She then invited anyone to seek a mentor. THAT girl started speaking up, so Stori, naturally, stood and jumped forward, "I do! I can almost hold a rank, right? I'm almost old enough, right?" He looked around, panting excitedly, "I can train, then get a rank!" Stori looked at his father for approval, his gaze shooting down to Eisleif as if to say, "Haha, I am older! I'll get a rank sooner than you!" He had never felt such a rivalry to make him act up, but he felt it now. It burned white hot in his chest and face and made his heart race. He wanted to belittle her and make her know he was better. He was first. He didn't want to harm her outright, but he wanted to prove that he was the better of the two.

Neith

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
12-21-2015, 09:10 PM

Eisleif was full of questions as the two of them made their way to the meeting, she'd answer them dutifully as she led her daughter to their place. She'd smile down at her child as she asked if Laufey would be sitting beside her, but before the woman could say anything Stori would claim his side. Of course the man himself would appear to correct the situation, kissing her first before sitting between both pups. She'd nudge him back affectionately before offering Eisleif a comforting Nudge, noticing how Stori was easily able to get under her young pup's fur.

She'd smile at Bernadette as the familiar woman came to sit close to their little group right before another friendly face appeared. She found herself smiling brightly at the appearance of an old acquaintance. She'd always wondered where he'd gotten off to. He'd been an interesting character and she'd enjoyed squirrel bowling with him. "Hello again, Sir Hárekr. It's nice to see you, and thanks. I'm rather proud of her." She'd sneak another glance at her daughter, feeling the pride swell in her chest. He'd move to find his place as Katja began. Taking her gaze from Eisleif and letting it fall on their leader she would listen intently to the passionate words spoken.

At the end she would speak of rising in ranks, and Eisleif would first look to Laufey curiously before her attention would be diverted to Eisleif and her sudden out burst. Neith wasn't sure if she should retrieve her child for speaking out or to return to that feeling of pride that she had held earlier. Eisleif was fiercely independent, and it seemed she felt more than competitive as Stori spoke out too. With ears to her skull she'd look to the girl's father to their alpha, wondering what might come of her daughter's eager spirit.
""  

Katja the First

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
12-24-2015, 07:37 AM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2015, 07:42 AM by Katja the First.)
Katja rumbled deep in her chest at Eisleif's outburst, the sound not born of anger or annoyance, but rather amusement. The girl's eagerness and bold behavior was a credit to the Finnvi, and the apparent rivalry between Laufey's two children drove Stori to surpass her - certainly a pleasing thing to see, as it would push them to realize their potentials... if they didn't kill each other first. "I am afraid you are still too young, Eisleif, though I am pleased to see you are eager to learn. There is much you can learn without committing to a student rank, and if you still feel you are ready next season you are more than welcome to speak at that thing."

As for Stori, he was certainly of age to make his decision, and Katja passed him a very serious look."Have you decided what you wish to train in, Stori? Remember that any path you choose requires hard work and has both great risk, and great reward for any seeking to walk upon it."

ooc: apparently i did, literally, forget half of what i wanted to say in my last post. I added more so if you want to edit you posts to reflect that feel free.

Hárekr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
12-24-2015, 08:21 AM

NOW THERE'S GREEN LIGHT IN MY EYES
And my lover on my mind..

Hárekr's jaws fell open at the news that Katja was pregnant and by a god no less!  This was truly fantastic news for Yfir, perhaps their little pack was currying favor with the gods and if they held true and did as was expected perhaps that favor would continue into raiding season.  He listened intently to her words about the slight restructuring of the pack.  Intrigued he let his mind stretch out to the future and the possible paths he might take, there was so much to think about.  Katja would open the floor to the pack and he would let others speak first, weighing his options before finally speaking.  "Drottning… I wish to prove myself a worthy warrior to you, one that is worthy to hold the rank of Thegn."

"Monsters don't sleep under your bed, they sleep inside your head."

Inga

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
12-24-2015, 08:45 AM

Inga beamed with the news. Such special young ones in Yfir? This was truly a great blessing and she would do her best to assist Katja with anything she might need in raising the young. She could feel Branwen shuffling excitedly on her shoulder. The pale crow had always found pups sweet and amusing. Balthazaar was less thrilled about the pups but news of the gods work on earth piqued his interest, there was no doubt about that. "Drottning, I request that I might advance to the rank of Huskarl. I much wisdom and many stories to share and in particular I wish to assist with the young and teaching them our ways."

"Speech"

Lyndvarr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
12-24-2015, 10:39 PM

Lyndvarr's eyes widened. His aunt was pregnant! He blinked rapidly trying to process this information not only the pregnancy but the paternity of the pups. And, and… cousins, he was going to have more cousins! Baby cousins! The thought was both thrilling and horrifying. "Congratulations, Katja! This is great news." He would let others move to speak as the Thing was opened to others. Meanwhile he pondered what it was he intended to do…

Lyndvarr frowned. He felt a pull equally towards the fighting and healing arts and as he debated back and forth in his head he found he could not settle on just one. Lynd believed however about the good of the pack above his own personal desires. So in part he would put the question to Katja and in a way to the pack where he was most needed. "Drottning, I feel a strong desire to pursue both the arts of battle and the arts of healing. Neither one has risen yet above the other and so I am hesitant to claim a specific role. I wish to be wherever the pack has most need of me and at the moment, as Warja has left Yfir, I believe I'd be of most use in the ranks of the Eir. However, I plan to continue training in both the arts of the Eir and those of the Thegn and I am willing to be moved with the needs of our pack."

Walk, "Talk" Think