ardent

We'll Be Together If The Fates Allow

Matthias

gems
size
build
player
12-19-2015, 08:09 PM

The young man was alone in the Grove, gazing up at the night sky. “Mother, are you watching over me now?” The young man would ask. He often liked to believe that Raelyn was looking out for him, even though she was long gone from the world. He wanted to rebuild her legacy, no matter what it took. Ears would perk up, his bi-colored eyes almost holding a misty look. On lonely nights such as this he thought of the Barnett Clan and those he had left behind.

A howl would be sent to the skies, calling out to those who might care to listen to a lonely soul. The young man would then lower his head to his paws, giving a soft, uncertain whine. He wasn’t sure what the future held for him anymore. He hadn’t met all that many wolves here in this land and felt more and more uncertain by the moment. Should he just call it quits and go home? Matthias would curl up into a small ball, breathing a small breath out into the frosty air.

""

Topaz

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
12-19-2015, 08:23 PM
The topaz colored femme trotted into the grove. The berries that once grew upon the brush died off due to the harsh winter, but she paid no heed to the cold and thought of the positive in her life. Her three legs carried her around the landscape, her bi-colored optics shimmering with life and happiness. That was when she would soon hear a howl and she would smile wide, canines noticeable and her eyes lit up with happiness. Perhaps this wolf could be a potential friend?

She ran as fast as her three limbs would carry her, and when she saw the brute she tilted her head and approached him. Soon, the flood gates would open when she began to speak, like a wildfire, she spoke loudly and quickly. Her voice was medium pitched and she spoke so fast it was as if she wasn't a normal being, "Who are you? Why are you lying here alone? Have you lived here long? What's it like having four legs?" She leapt continously as Topaz continued to speak, "Your coat color is cool! Am I talking too loud?!"

Matthias

gems
size
build
player
12-19-2015, 08:41 PM

Tha-thump, tha-thump! Was that his heart or...? Matthias would look up to the sound of pawsteps. Heavy, running pawsteps as a femme came rushing towards him. She was interestingly colored -- much like himself. Was she another one of God’s gifts? A Star Child? The question lay heavy upon his mind as he watched the fae get closer and closer. She didn’t seem to be threatening, so thus Matthias saw no reason to be afraid. No reason to want to run away.

Matthias would watch her with widened bi-colored eyes as she began to speak. My, her words were fast! So lively and flowing from her mouth as fast as a raging river. He would take a moment, merely staring at the fae in surprise. Then, with a smile appearing on his face, Matt would begin to answer.

“Please miss, one question at a time. I am Matthias Barnett, of the proud Barnett Clan or Coven if you will. I’m alone because I left my family in search of a new home for us, and no, I haven’t lived here long. I don’t live in this area at all. I was merely passing through.” Matthias would take a breath before he continued.

“As for the question about my legs, well, I assume it just feels normal? Though for you normal would be having three legs, aye? Hmm... It’s... Kind of... Rhythmic I guess? When you walk.” That was certainly a bit of a strange question, but Matthias didn’t mind. In fact, the energy the she-wolf had was kind of refreshing.

“Thank you for the compliment as well... Your coat is also quite lovely.” He would chuckle softly. “...and yes, your voice is a bit loud, though I wouldn’t necessarily say that this is a bad thing.” He would offer her a gentle smile. "Might I have your name, miss?"

""

Topaz

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
12-19-2015, 08:53 PM
The woman would smile and focus her attention on the different colored brute. So, his name was Matthias? Rather interesting. She didnt mean to speak so quickly, it was just something she had been doing for a long while. She would wag her tail as it swayed for what seemed like forever and moving as quickly as a deer being chased.

"My name is Topaz Chaplin. Sorry for talking so loudly its just something I have done for a while! Matthias is a really cool name and I was born with only three legs. I have always thought on the bright side of things and making someone smile makes me happy!" She would smile and continue to wag her tail.

Matthias

gems
size
build
player
12-20-2015, 08:18 PM

Matthias would tilt his head to the side as the femme continued to speak. Her tone remained loud, her words coming quickly. Matt would actually get to his paws now as he watched the femme, taking note of her swinging tail. My my she had a lot of energy! It was like watching that river just continue flowing on, right out of her mouth. But again, it wasn’t necessarily a bad thing. Hearing her be so energetic filled him with energy as well!

“Topaz, it is a pleasure.” Her name was lovely, and fitting considering her coat and eye colors. He felt honored too that she thought his name was cool as well. The fact that she was only born with three legs, however, was something that surprised him. How could that be? Why would she only be born with three legs instead of four? It didn’t make sense to Matthias, whose family had only ever come out as what he saw as normal.

“That sounds like a good outlook on life to have.” Matthias would say softly, glancing up to the sky. Snow was beginning to fall in light little flakes around them, making the air colder as the clouds blew in. Matt would tilt his ears back slightly, a frown on his face. “Perhaps it would be best for us to get out of the cold, miss Topaz.” He’d say softly. “Do you have somewhere you can bed down for the night?”

""

Topaz

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
12-20-2015, 08:31 PM
The femme would smile and feel the cold upon her body as the small flakes of white began to plummet down to the landscape. Her dual colored eyes shone with happiness as she playfully batted at the flakes. However, she would be asked if she had known of a place where she could sleep for the night, and she hung her head slightly.

"I am new to these lands. I haven't really found any place to sleep, since I have been on the move for some time, " she explained and looked to the flakes. She would sigh and smile, looking around to see if she could find a den they could sleep in. With no such luck she stood up and looked to Matthias, "Do you have any ideas, Matty?" Her tail wagging as she spoke to him.

Matthias

gems
size
build
player
01-16-2016, 08:44 PM

Matthias would give a small nod as the femme spoke. She was new to these lands, having not really spent much time in any particular area it would seem. But with how cold it could get Matt knew the risks of not having somewhere safe and warm to sleep. It was one of the things his adoptive parents had often drilled into him. As hard as Serena had been, she was a decent mother all the same... And Klavier was a father figure that Matt could honestly say he looked up to.

Matthias would give a soft chuckle at her nickname for him, giving a slow nod of his head. “Aye, I have a place we can bunker down. It’s not in the immediate area of course, but it’s somewhere to rest our heads at the very least." He wasn’t entirely sure how he felt with sharing his den with a stranger, a female stranger at that, but the man certainly wouldn’t leave her to the elements.

Matt would begin to move towards the exit of the grove, swishing his tail lightly back and forth as he glanced to Topaz. “You coming?”

""

Topaz

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
01-16-2016, 09:02 PM
Topaz looked to Matt and nodded her head. She was happy that there was a male around that was kind enough to her and allowing her to bed with him. The sounds of the various birds made her smile as she barked at a few of them; causing some of them to fly off while others looked to her in confusion. The femme would leap into some tall grass around the area as grasshoppers leapt into the air and landed back down in the grass. She laughed and looked to Matt, going into a play bow position and snarling in a playful way, wondering if he would play with her before looking for a place to rest at.

Matthias

gems
size
build
player
01-22-2016, 01:20 AM

Though it was indeed getting colder, darker, it seemed that Topaz had other plans before they mad their way to the destination Matthias had in mind. He’d watch her with a raised brow as she took a leap into the dried, dead grasses and scattered what few {surprisingly} bugs there were in winter. His bi-colored eyes would widen in wonder as he looked at her dropping into a play bow position, giving a playful snarl in his direction. Now wasn’t exactly the time for play, but seeing her there, so cute and innocent, could Matt really say no?

So he would lower his own front half down to the earth, tail wagging back and forth as he let out a playful snarl of his own. His tail would wag like a banner within the air before he pounced towards Topaz, moving his right forepaw foward to tap her own forepaw. He wore a grin, his eyes shining with excitement. He couldn’t remember the last time he had fun with someone... But surely there could be time made for such simple things.

""

Topaz

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
01-22-2016, 06:28 AM
Topaz would laugh loudly as she would feel the man take her forepaw, a chuckle rising even more and more within her throat. The sound of the wind echoed throughout her ears as the smell of the different flowers that were beginning to blossom made her smile. However, her attention would be upon Matthias as a small growl would erupt within the young woman's chest cavity. Though she did not play with a lot of wolves her age and had not had a lot of interaction to begin with, she was sure as heck making up for it now! She would lung forward, attempting to tackle the brute down as she wagged her tail in the process, but, before she could do anything else, her stomach would growl. Though she paid no heed to her stomach's complains, she would sit down upon the ground again, blue colored eyes shimmering in the sunlight as the sun lit in such a way across her body, it almost made the dame appear as if she were an angel.

She would look to Matthias once again, standing up and approaching him as her tail ran across his chin in a teasing gesture just to joke around with the man. Her eyes would shift to a den close by before looking to Matthias once again. It seemed he had had a place in mind, and the femme would wait and see what he would do with the situation, eyes sparkling like a polished gem when the sunlight glistened off of them once again, a smile spreading across her maw as her tail swayed freely, with the wind running across her body, her fur would sway as well, moving at the same speed as her tail which was slow and rhythmic.

Matthias

gems
size
build
player
02-04-2016, 10:17 AM

Matthias let laughter spill from his maw as the two went about their little game. The cold weather was almost ignored because of the fun they were having. The topaz eyes of the femme held so much life, so much happiness, that Matt was glad that he could be a part of it. She almost looked like an angel with how the fading light hit her body. It took Matthias’ breathe away, and he would be so caught off guard that he was easily knocked to the ground by the femme.

He would catch his breath, gaze following Topaz as she rose. Her tail would teasingly run across his chin before his gaze would follow hers. Ahh, how convenient! The brute would get to his paws, coming to stand beside her once again. “Seems the den I had in mind will have to wait. Providing this one is unoccupied that is.” He would be the first to venture over, sniffing curiously. Sure enough the den was abandoned. Glancing back to Topaz Matthias would offer a small smile, gesturing towards the den. “After you.”

"

Topaz

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
02-05-2016, 06:16 AM
Topaz would look to Matthias with a gleam in her eyes. The sound of birds echoed throughout the land as she sniffed around curiously before entering the den. The forest was rather beautiful, and she was thankful that she had to spend this moment with a possible new friend. Her topaz colored optics shimmered with delight as she walked inside, lying down and placing her cranium upon her forepaws for sometime. As she turned to look at Matthias, she would happen to hear the sound of growling right behind the den that they happened to be staying some time in to rest. Topaz bolted out and stood beside Matthias.

A brown bear happened to come into the area, his dark eyes piercing and seemed to be glistening with hatred. Topaz was about to say something, but the bear would growl in warning. Apparently, this happened to be its den despite there not being any scent near it. Topaz backed away, not wishing to start a fight with the behemoth.