Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
12-24-2015, 12:19 AM

The pain was spreading, though it centered towards the base of his tail. It hung limply and he could curse himself to be an idiot. The cursed, damned man, had a rock oh so gracefully slammed onto his tail. In his sleep no less and now resulted in the broken appendage. He really had no hope of going to see a healer, his paranoid mind making him think it was him... against the world. Even if this wasn't true at all, it's what his entire life had been built upon. Over and over again setting himself up for failure. Then in the end he took a dive and ran away from situations he knew were going in a horrible direction.

Vereux wanted to see Avalon again, so badly it hurt. And he knew it would continue to be that way. Stopped at the waters, he let himself lap it up, soaking his paws as he then looked back at his poor tail. The single eyed man giving out a soft rumble in his throat. It itched really, but he knew touching it without the proper knowledge could result in losing it. He raised his head to the heavens. 'This is your fault isn't it' he thought, crumpling up his nose.

“I speak”

Starling

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
12-28-2015, 02:55 PM
Starling let out an anxious breath, turning his eyes towards the sky. Winter was coming to an end, soon enough. He could tell by the gentle drip drip of melting snow around him. Soon, soon enough his plants would return and all would be right away. Well, sort of. He still hadn't really returned home, but the more time he spent away the more he realized that…well he didn't really realize anything, but he did think it was nice to be alone. His anxiety was better, he didn't have to worry about what others thought of him. It was a good thing.…sort of. He missed everyone dearly but he just...couldn't return home. Another sigh slipped passed his lips as he turned his attention to the earth beneath his paws. Soon enough, he would be sitting in grass and smelling beautiful flowers not…wet and snow. Slowly he shook his head and moved to stand, walking towards the waters edge where he hoped he'd see some green life. Soon enough, but still so far away. Blue eyes blinked curiously when he saw a man sitting nearby, looking to the sky. He had a sour look to his face, and he wondered if...maybe he needed help. With cautious steps he walked towards him. "H-hello?" He asked softly, looking at the older man.

"Burn Baby Burn" || "Bruciare Bambino Bruciare"

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
01-05-2016, 12:25 PM

His head snapped towards the noise of a newcomer. His hackles raising for a moment at the thought of it being someone from Yfir. They would be after his head once they find out he was out and about. He still bore the mark of the warrior god over his blind eye as well. Because even if forsaken - he saw himself carving out his own path. He wished he could flick his tail but even the thought of moving the appendage made him wince slightly. As he smiled gently.

“Hi there stranger.” he was going to retaliate the attitude the other had. It wasn't as if he meant any harm. He didn't smell Yfir on the other and therefore there was no much to worry about on that note. “D... do you know any healers that might be nearby? You see, I've broken my tail.” he gestured towards the limp thing. Twitching some as he tried to bite through the pain. When he remembered how he lost his eye. It made it easier to deal with it.

“I speak”

Starling

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
01-08-2016, 01:37 AM
Starling would look at the man in worry, almost sensing the pain the other was in. He seemed so hesitant to even say a word to Starling, and when it finally came out he'd narrow his eyes just slightly. If only they both knew they had someone in common, maybe this man would be less likely to seek help from the young healer. But he had a strong morality, he would help his greatest enemy if they were hurt. It was like an oath he had never really made...he would help anyone that was feeling any pain. A small smile would touch his lips as the stranger asked for a healer. aha! so he was right. But when he pointed out his tail, Starling nearly ground to a hault. Wait.…how could he fix that. His mind instantly began to spin before the stranger had even accepted his services, and when that thought finally caught up on him he would blink and look at his patient. "O-oh, well..." He started slowly, a shy smile touching his lips. "I-I know I don't look it...b-but I-I'm pretty a-advanced I-in my t-training. W-would yo-you l-like m-me to l-look a-at it?"

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
01-10-2016, 02:06 AM

Vereux was slightly over come with joy. A wide smile making his jaw open for a moment as he chuckled. "Well I've never been one to judge on appearance, please have at it. Anything to make it stop hurting.” he shivered for a moment. It reminded him of his sister a bit, she was a healer. Though she had left just like the rest. He would have waited for the ends of the earth for them, but that was in the past now. “I best not tell you my name though. It could cause trouble. ” He said for a moment. Yes, even if first name couldn't be spoken. If he could he would change his appearance but that wasn't possible. Yfir would be the death of him.

Vereux would turn his rump towards the other male. So that he could get a better look at it. “It makes me happy that there are still healers like you out there. You see I'm a wanted man - there's an entire pack that will be after my head as soon as they find out I'm alive and here.” he laughed at the thought. Though as long as he could be with Avalon as long as possible. He wanted to make sure she was alright. With Arian dead he could hardly believe it nearly. His brother no less had ended her life. Avalon and her children were his world, if he was thrown out the sharks again he'd face it.

“I speak”

Starling

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
01-10-2016, 02:48 AM
Starling blinked gently as he spoke, a small smile touching his lips even as the curiousity began to grow in his belly. No names? Well, he didn't have to know his patient's name to heal him, after all. "Th-that's okay, n-no need f-for names." He said with a gentle smile. And it was true. Starling was a healer, it was his duty to help anyone he came across, even if it were his greatest enemy. When the strange would turn around, he'd quickly set to work. He would carefully reach forward, inspecting the tail and the odd bend. "C-can y-you move it f-for me?" He asked softly, wanting to see if he could wiggle his tail. "T-tell m-me your p-pain level. Z-zero to t-ten, t-ten being the w-worst y-you've felt." He said softly, ready to assess.

He blinked as the stranger continued, lifting his gaze to look up at him. That was a weird piece of information to recieve, but Starling would keep it as if it were the most precious of secrets. "W-wanted or not, y-you're hurt and I'll h-help you. J-just d-don't bite m-me and w-we'll be j-just fine." He said softly with his boyish smile, blue eyes shining in jest. He wanted to ask more questions but he'd let it sit. He didn't need to know this man's entire history, he just needed to fix his tail. His mind reeled then, thinking of ways to fix the tail. He would need....a stick, and hopefully find some busy and absent spiders so he could steal their webs. A pain suppressor as well...

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
01-10-2016, 03:10 AM

It was hard to gauge the pain - considering he was remembering his eye all over again. Making it ache a bit, so he tried to wiggle the tail. It was broken in the middle straight, so his rump moved. Sorely he would wince letting out a soft whine before relaxing himself. He hummed for a moment. “Six... I guess. Nothing will be worse then the tree branch I took to the eye.” he said as he let the other concentrate on healing him. Though he fought the urge to try and engage in conversation.

“Biting you when you're trying to help. Sounds like something my father would do.” he sighed. Still the pale man was haunting his dreams and he was but a ghost now. Vereux supposed he was too weak to live up to his parents. He hated his mother for the longest time - and this coming from someone who had fallen in love with his sister once. The memories he bitterly suppressed.

“I speak”

Starling

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
01-10-2016, 02:18 PM
He almost snorted when the stranger described his pain level, blue eyes looking up at him with a raised brow. "Y-you s-seem t-to get h-hurt a l-lot." He said softly, tilting his head. "Cl-clumsy?" He'd tease, just a little before looking back at the tail. Starling would nod his head as the bend and the pain level confirmed his theory. He would look around then, searching for what he needed. There were several bushes that he knew he could find some good spider or cob web, but he needed a strong branch or two good sticks. "Y-you broke your t-tail." He said softly, matter-of-factly, looking at the man again with a small smile. "H-how did you m-manage that?"

Without a word he stood again, to venture off to find what he needed to find. He hummed softly at the father comment, and for a second he let out a small laugh. "I w-wouldn't b-be su-surprised i-if m-my f-father n-nipped m-me i-if he-he's ex-extremely hurt." He said with a laugh, a small smile on his face. But that was the risk of a healer, wasn't it? He hummed softly, rummaging around the bushes to see what he could find. Luckily, one of the bushes had strong branches, nearly tree like. Without wasting any time, he'd pick his favorite, straightest branches, and begin to chew them off. It didn't take long to gather the sticks, now all he needed was a binder before a thought came to him. "Stella!" He called, as he looked for some spider or cob web. It didn't take long to hear the gentle beats of wings on the air, and he'd look up at his mamabird. "Puoi tornare alla tana e prendere un po' regina dei prati? Il fiore bianco che ho mostrato..." He said sweetly, and without much attitude, she flew off to find him his flower, while he searched for the web he needed. It wouldn't take long, he found a few good size webs and he curled it all around his arm before walking back to the man, dropping sticks in the earth beside him. "I-i'm going to s-straighten your t-tail and b-brace it. I-it w-will h-hurt, b-but i-it'll make it all b-better, okay?" He said softly.

"Burn Baby Burn" | "Italian"

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
01-10-2016, 03:09 PM

Wolves under pain did seem to not rationalize things. He was glad he had managed to deter his own conversation. As Starling called him clumsy, Vereux laughed. Clumsy maybe, bad luck was something he had a magnet for. “I am the bringer of bad luck!” he exclaimed almost happily. Lifting up his snout slightly until Starling told him his tail was broken - he figured as much. “A boulder fell on it and rolled off.... bad luck again.” he shrugged his shoulders.

Vereux would hear foreign words come to his ears. Nodding his head to the last instructions he took a few breaths. “Rodger that, I'm ready.” Vereux let his paws spread into the dirt. He kept his breathing steady and himself calm. Pain was nothing he reminded himself, pain was knowing he was alive and breathing. After all - he had fought to the ends of the earth for this life.

“I speak”

Starling

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
01-10-2016, 03:59 PM
Starling would snort at the exuberance this man showed to being unlucky. Why would any boast that? But, he guessed, if you were dreadfully unlucky it was easier to laugh at it than to wallow. So instead he just chuckled in return and got prepared to straighten and bind the tail. "Next t-time you c-come across a c-clover p-patch, y-you sh-should see i-if th-there's any f-four leaf clovers a-and e-eat 'em." He said with a smile as he got the cob web off his leg and positioned the sticks. "M-might h-help with y-your bad luck." He said softly then, before, suddenly, something fell on his head. He blinked widely before looking up and glaring good naturedly at his mamabird before she flew back to find her perch. He gathered up the white flowers and stepped around to the stranger's head.

"Ch-chew on this, it'll h-help with th-the pain." He said softly, seperating two white flowers from the bunch and pushing it towards his muzzle before returning back to his tail. Taking a deep breath, he prepared himself before he put a paw on the man's tail, below the break. "R-ready?" He said softly, but before he could get an answer he pulled straight to straighten out his tail before quickly pushing the sticks against the break, and grabbing the cob web with his other paw. It took a lot of work, with his one paw keeping the paw straight and his muzzle and other almost struggling to get the sticky web to wrap around the stick and the tail. But he was quick, steady, and it wasn't long before he finally managed to get the web around the tail. He squinted at it, afraid it wouldn't hold. "St-stay here, d-don't move." He said quickly before he spun around and bounded towards some trees in the distance. He needed sap, and he needed it quick. The tail would be sticky, sure, but at least it would help hold. Being spring, the trees were fresh and ready to blossom, so sap was plentiful if he just looked. A tree with low hanging branches yielded exactly what he needed, and he was quick to pluck some good size leaves from a few branches before going to the trunk, seeing sap sitting between the crevices. Yes, perfect. He would delicately press the leaves against the trunk, trying to pull some sap along with it, before returning to his patient. Sap...tasted awful, but at least it would help hold his makeshift cast. Without a second thought he dropped his leaves gently to the ground and began to individually wrap them around the web and sticks, hoping it would hold. "F-for a m-month y-you need t-to let th-this sit. N-no s-strenuous a-activity, and t-try and k-keep this c-cast on, if y-you can." He said softly. There really was only so much he could do with a break. "Y-your t-tail may b-be a t-tad c-crooked..." He warned softly as he finished wrapping the sap covered leaves around his little cast.

"Burn Baby Burn" | "Italian"

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
01-10-2016, 05:28 PM

Vereux tilted his head in thought for a moment. He had never thought about that - maybe he should. Though he doubted it would make any difference to the bad luck he had up until this point. Yet maybe it would make it easier on Avalon - or he'd have luck with those in imperium or something. Getting in was another story though, he groaned a little and was taken a little by surprise when his tail was pulled. Digging his nails into the terrain he clenched his jaw together and stayed perfectly still. Just waiting for it to be over, he let a small whimper escape him then another breath. It was sore - but at least he would be fine. A whole month, what was he supposed to do until then?

“A month is a really long time but I guess what can you do.” he said out loud as he turned towards the other. Smiling thankfully. “Thank you if it wasn't for you I probably would have lost my tail.” he nodded his head. This was much better then losing it. As crooked as it may have been it would just add to his barrage of scars. While it might have made him seem experienced, it was because he sucked at most things.

“I speak”