Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
12-28-2015, 01:22 AM

Green paws slowly carried the girl, now almost an adult, to a suitable clearing in the gulley, tucked away by the magnificent ferns. Tilting back her ebony crown, a confident and deep song cascaded from her throat as she summoned for her mother - the leader. She wasn't sure how this was going to play out. After all, she was asking to leave, and apparently there was something wrong with that. Something to do with abandoning family and not being loyal. Oh well, she hadn't been paying attention to her friend's speech anyway. If it wasn't for him she probably wouldn't even bother with permission; one day she would be present and the next day she wouldn't. This way - the sensible way - she was less likely to land into consequences and hopefully keep a friendly bond with her mother. Probably not with her siblings, though her mother surely.

So here went nothing.

"Speech"

Marina I

Loner
Unit

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
01-04-2016, 07:08 PM

Winter was slowly but surely coming to an end. Marina was still unsure as to what Cypress was going to do when it came to Sin. No doubt the man still mourned over his wife, felt anger at her demise, yet when one had children there was more at risk then just oneself. If you died it meant leaving behind your children. Leaving them to fend for themselves or to be taken care of by a pack that might not care for them on the same level. Marina wouldn’t lie -- she had no bonds or particular feelings about any of Cypress’ children. That didn’t mean she hated them... But she would treat them as any other member of Borealis.

If any of them stayed that was.

She knew that Rivaxorus was planning on leaving come the spring. One of the children, Cypress’ daughter Juniper had already disappeared. Was it out of grief for losing her mother, Marina wondered? Or was there more to it? Whatever the case she figured most, if not all of Cypress’ children would be abandoning Borealis. It was not their home, nor their parent’s pack any longer. Cypress would be stepping down, completely handing the reigns to the femme when spring came. But what would become of the rest of the members?

She suspected Allen and his family to fly the coop as well. But never did Marina think for even a moment any of her children might stray. Sure they had wandered, exploring without her protection. But Marina had always held hopes that they would remain close to home, close to her. It was the loneliness that edged at her mind, at her heart, that was the most threatening of the demons that lurked within her. Loneliness invited in carelessness. She vowed not to become a victim to it again, but who know what would truly happen if she were alone.

The call of her daughter would capture Marina’s attention. Something about the call seemed... Off. The woman couldn’t put her paw on it, but she certainly didn’t like the feeling. The timing seemed... Wrong. It was unlike her children to summon her either. So what had happened, she wondered, to make Zephyra yearn for her attention?

Marina wouldn’t hesitate to rush to her child’s side. She would kick up flurries of snow, brow furrowed with worry as her daughter came into view. Zephyra reached even taller than she did now... And Mari couldn’t be more proud. She would come to a stop, ears lowering slightly as she looked to her daughter’s pink eyes. “Zephyra?” She’d question, hoping her daughter didn’t need much prodding to tell her what was wrong.

""

[Image: t4ZIt0u.png]

Yoshiko

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
01-05-2016, 03:55 AM

Her mother arrived in a hurry, kicking the snow behind her with a look of worry upon her ebony and alabaster features. Doubt crossed the girl's mind for a moment. Should she even be leaving? She had only called for the rainbow woman and already she was worrying. How would she cope with her daughter leaving, never seeing her around the pack? Calm, she told herself, exhaling a silent sigh. It'll all work out just fine.

Her lips curved upwards in what appeared to be a small smile - a genuine one, not a taunting smirk. Now that she thought about it, she was actually going to miss her mother, but that didn't stop her from going ahead. She aimed to nuzzle her mother's cheek - the first affectionate gesture she had given out of her own accord. Perhaps it would seem a bit odd, though she didn't want to rub her mother's fur the wrong way. Maybe if she played nice her proposition would be accepted. "Mum..." she started awkwardly, unsure of her wording. How did she say this in the nicest way possible? "Uh...you know Riv?" Duh, of course she did; why did she even have to ask that?

"Speech"

Marina I

Loner
Unit

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
01-06-2016, 06:15 AM
There was a small smile now written upon Zephyra’s features -- the first sign that things were alright. Marina would breathe a small sigh of relief as she looked upon her child. There was some matter at hand yet, but Marina felt herself visibly relax in seeing that small gesture. All she had wanted, as any parent would, was for her children to grow up safe, happy, and healthy. Zephyra was a good kid; a bit distant from her siblings and others but Marina had never really seen that as an overly bad thing.

When Zephyra spoke Marina couldn’t help but knit her brows together with a bit of confusion. Rivaxrous? Well of course she knew him. He was Cypress’ son, the former heir of the pack before it started to slide to her paws. Mari had to wonder why it was her daughter was brining him up at a time like this. Had he... Done something to her? The thought had Marina bristle on the inside, her eyes flashing with worry once more.

“Yes sweetie, of course I do.” Marina would try to keep her voice level, to keep herself from panicking before she knew the whole story. She would breathe in slowly before speaking again, though it was clear her guard was already up. “What about him, Zeph?”

Table by:: Nyx

Yoshiko

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
01-06-2016, 09:30 PM

It hadn't worked; she could still sense an aura of panic surrounding her mother. That worry brought doubt to her mind. She shook the thoughts of chickening out away from her mind. She could do this; she just had to find the confidence. "Well, we're friends," she explained, in case her mother hadn't noticed how close the two of them had grown. Perhaps it would convince her to let the girl go. Though they had just met, they had formed such a tight bond. It's not like she was leaving with a stranger. "And he's leaving..." Her mother had to be aware of that, or else he wouldn't have sounded so confident and certain in his decision. After all, he needed permission as well, and he didn't seem like one to just run away and abandon family. "So..." She sucked in a lungful of air, quickly spilling out her following words. "Could I go with him?" Her body cringed, bracing herself for the expected denial. Scarlet eyes stared at the woman from the corner of her vision, not daring to meet her gaze. This was it - the moment of truth.

"Speech"

Marina I

Loner
Unit

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
01-16-2016, 10:41 PM

Ahhh. Marina would frown, watching her daughter as the truth came out. So it seemed that she and Rivaxorus were friends. But there was more to it than that, and Mari would feel her heart clench at her daughter went on. Zeph knew that Riv was leaving and, more importantly, she wanted to go with him. Marina could hardly believe her ears. She didn’t want to believe that. She didn’t want to think that her little one could possibly want to leave the home she’d created for her children, had tried to secure just for them. It felt... Just wrong. A bad omen... Yet...

Marina would let a heavy sigh pass her lips. The request wounded her. Not so much as a feeling of betrayal, no, but more of a question if she’d been a good enough mother. If her daughter was unhappy with her. Marina wouldn’t speak for a long time, letting a stretch of silence fill the air. In her mind she thought of her own youth, of her path of revenge and the choices she made when she was roughly the same age Zephyra was now. Zeph was capable of making her own decisions... But letting her go...

“I am... A bit surprised...” Marina would say, her words barely a whisper. She would shake her head, letting her gaze fall of Zeph. Those hues of red and pink were tinged with hurt as well as worry. “The Gods know how much I want to tell you no, to stay here, but that would be very selfish on my part.” Marina would gently reach out to Zephyra, nuzzling her shoulder.

“...just promise you won’t be a stranger. Come to see me sometimes... I’ll... I’ll miss you.” Tears had begun to form in the rainbow femme’s eyes. “...and know I’ll always love you, no matter where you go.”

"Listen to me talk,"'but read my thoughts.'

Table by:: Keno

Yoshiko

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
01-17-2016, 07:16 PM

The silence was painfully long, and strangely quieter than usual. Even the faintest of sounds her ears could pick up, like her own heavy breaths. Forcing a gulp down her throat, she studied her mother's features, seeing that the woman was indeed deep in thought. What was going through that head of hers? Was she actually considering accepting her leave? The girl had been expecting a straight-out no, though perhaps there still was a faint glimmer of hope.

She barely caught onto her mother's feather-like words when she finally spoke, stating that she was a bit surprised. Of course she would be; it wasn't every day her children asked to leave the pack. Pushing those thoughts aside in case she drifted away from her mother's words, she continued to listen in anticipation. So it seemed the rainbow-pelted woman was torn between two sides, though explained that it would be selfish of her to say no. Disbelief flashed in the girl's crimson gaze. How was that selfish? She was just doing to the motherly thing to do! In fact, it was Zeph who was selfish for deciding to leave her family to be with a mere friend in a pack who knows where.

Her confusion only intensified when the woman nuzzled her shoulder, telling her to visit occasionally and that she would be missed. Wait...what? Was she going? For all this time she had thought it was a no, or at least an undecided decision...but a yes? Really? Was it that easy? "So is that a yes?" she asked breathlessly with widened, exhilarated eyes, meeting her mother's teary gaze. That look on her mother's features dug past her cold exterior and hit her feelings like an arrow, making her throat dry once again. Liquid began to prick at the corner of her eyes. Great, she grumbled to herself. She didn't think this would be an emotional time, especially on her own part.

"Speech"

Marina I

Loner
Unit

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
01-22-2016, 01:11 AM

Her daughter’s questioning, asking if she was saying yes, just made the whole process harder. Marina would swallow, fighting back the threatening surge of tears that wanted to fall from her eyes. She would let her gaze fall, giving a slow nod. “Yes it is.” The femme whispered. “I just want you to be happy, to be able to live your own life. I can’t mother you forever. You’re not a baby anymore.” Marina would close her eyes as the tears slipped from her eyes.

“But that doesn’t mean you’re not my baby. It doesn’t mean that I don’t love you. I will be checking on you, Zephyra, and hope that you will do the same.” Marina would open her misty eyes, trying to force a smile. “So if this is what you want... I’ll support you.”

"Listen to me talk,"'but read my thoughts.'

Table by:: Keno

Yoshiko

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
01-23-2016, 12:00 AM

Don't cry! she silently pleaded, noticing the woman trying to hold back her tears. You're making me feel bad! Which was true. The one sight that upset her most was seeing her mother distressed, especially now. Though it was her own choice to leave and was quite alright, she just felt a wave of guilt overwhelm her. Why did this have to be so hard?

Well she couldn't change her mind now. Her mother had said yes and she was good to go. Like the woman explained, this was what would make her happy...hopefully. Not that her current life in Borealis wasn't a satisfying one. If things didn't go out as planned then she would always consider returning home. "It is what I want," she answered with a sigh, burying her head in her mother's shoulder in a familial embrace, wanting to comfort the saddened alphess.

-end thread-

"Speech"