Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
keanai
01-04-2016, 10:49 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2016, 12:49 PM by Ren.)
He hadn't been spending time with his siblings, and quite frankly... he missed them. He needed to spend more time with them, not because they were pack and he was heir, but because they were his siblings, and he just felt horrible with putting them to the side. There was no excuse for that. None whatsoever. He'd stand outside what used to be their family den - they were all a bit too big to fit now, though he still slept nearby. He tipped his head back, howling for one of his sisters - Zeph, in particular. He generally avoided Zeph and Nixie, mostly because when they were together they just could not stop arguing, and that... needed to change. So he called for his green-marked sister, requesting her presence.

"Speech"

Yoshiko

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
01-04-2016, 11:53 PM

A howl for her. Nobody ever called for her, and especially not her brother. Perhaps she had been neglecting her siblings, though that was for the best, really. If she just stayed away from everyone, secluded herself from the pack's happening, maybe everyone would feel better. It seemed like she couldn't enjoy a normal conversation without starting an argument, but that was in her nature, like it was programmed from her beginning. There wasn't much she could do about it, to be honest, other than seeing her family when they wanted her. So she set off through the gulley, and fortunately wasn't too far away from her brother. Upon her arrival she couldn't help the small smirk sliding to her features at his...smaller size. Enough of that; she was here to....what was the word...be nice. "What is it, Ren?" she asked, cocking her head to the side.

"Speech"

Ren

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
keanai
01-05-2016, 12:06 AM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2016, 12:49 PM by Ren.)
It wouldn't take long for her to appear - and that in itself was a relief. A sigh, inaudible, left his lips as he spotted the familiar green-and-black form, his cyan eyes searching for her pinkish red ones. He'd fake-glare at her halfheartedly for the smirk; she was taller than him, and yes, that bugged him, but he truly did love his neon green of a sister. He shook his head, giving up the glare and just grinning at her. "I just wanted to spend some time with you, Zeph. We never do." He'd slip towards the monster of a sister, touching his muzzle to the side of her neck - if allowed - in a familial greeting. He - unlike, say, Nixie - never had... too much of a problem with his sister, he just hated the arguing the rest of his female family did. Ugh.

"Speech"

Yoshiko

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
01-06-2016, 02:24 AM

His glare, of which she could tell was a phoney one, brought a matching grin to her features. Somewhere deep inside she truly cared for her family and couldn't imagine herself being around any other family...though never was she admitting that aloud. "Oh," she softly answered with faint surprise. Now that she thought about it, guilt started to blossom in her chest. Though she had been avoiding her siblings, she hadn't ever considered them wanting to spend time with her. They never did that anyway, so it seemed rather peculiar. "I guess you're right," she agreed with a shrug, meeting his azure gaze. "Whatcha wanna do then?" She had forgotten what her siblings' favourite pastimes were, especially now that they were yearlings.

"Speech"

Ren

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
keanai
01-06-2016, 10:41 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2016, 12:51 PM by Ren.)
As the guilt touched her, it would touch him too - he had never thought to spend time with his siblings, never sought to... learn about them, never became close to any of them and he regretted that. Zephyra was probably the one he could bond with the most; Nixie was annoying and Kaitlyn was timid, neither of which were qualities Ren could relate to. And the surprise in her voice... that hurt. "I'm sorry," he said softly, shaking his head. He then would move on, returning only to the subject if she did - which she might, asking what he was sorry for. "I'm not sure. What have you been up to lately, dear sister?" That was a start.

"Speech"

Yoshiko

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
01-07-2016, 04:07 AM

His apology brought a frown to her features. Why was he apologising? Was it because they hadn't spent much time together before now? She was the one to blame for that; isolating herself away from a family that she never knew wanted her company. "Don't be," she told him with a shake of her ebony head. "It's my fault." She was always the problem, the thorn stuck in everyone's sides. Returning to his inquiry, she answered with a casual shrug, "Nothing interesting." Should she mention her plan to leave Borealis? Hmm, maybe not now. "You?"

"Speech"

Ren

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
keanai
01-14-2016, 01:32 AM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2016, 12:50 PM by Ren.)
His head tilted as she protested his apology. Perhaps it wasn't just one wolf's fault. "Perhaps it's both our faults," he then would input gently. She, avoiding family. He, never interacting. It seemed both were at fault, and that neither should take the blame solely as they had been before. Regardless, she was vague in her answer - not giving much up at all. Ren would swallow his disappointment, refusing to let it show period, in any way. Perhaps he'd have to start first, before getting her to cave in. with what she's been doing. "Mama made me the heir, but I'm not sure how I feel about it," he'd confess to her. "And other than that, not much. Nothing I can think of, anyways. I was missing you guys, though." He'd further confess his emotions, a sigh leaving him

"Speech"

Yoshiko

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
01-14-2016, 11:28 PM

So it was both of their faults - and she was fine with that. The subject was starting to tire her out anyway. "Yeah," she agreed in a subdued murmur with a nod. "Let's keep it like that." She could tell he was feeling a bit disappointed with her response, though to be honest she couldn't care less. It's not like he had anything better to share...until he spoke of becoming the heir, her ears perking at the word. Oh now she was glad she was leaving. "So you're gonna like...lead the pack when Mum can't or what?" she asked with a look of contempt, jealously glimmering somewhere in her crimson gaze. Why couldn't Marina have made her the heir? Did she not love her daughter enough to do so? Was there something wrong with her? Well, she was leaving anyway, so it wouldn't be her problem for much longer.

"Speech"

Ren

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
keanai
01-14-2016, 11:47 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2016, 12:51 PM by Ren.)
Was it... did she even care? As he gazed at her, the prince considered it for a moment - then dismissed it. No, she had to care. Either way, it didn't matter, because he clearly said the wrong thing. Ah, great. Great, fantastic thing to mention. He could see the jealousy, hear it in her voice, the disgust, too. His ears flattened back, disliking even the idea of this now. Why'd he have to bring that up. "I- I don't know. I think so... because Mama's sick. I don't know why she chose me, it scares me, and you're bigger anyhow," he'd attempt to soothe, though his tone was slightly stuttering - a clear regret for even mentioning it written across his features. How could he be so smooth, so professional with an alpha of another pack, yet fall into stutters around his younger sister?

"Speech"

Yoshiko

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
01-15-2016, 12:26 AM

She snorted at his response. Even he - the heir - didn't know the details of his own important rank. Though she was ignorant and apathetic herself, she at least would bother to remember her position...not that she'd ever become the heir anyway. And when he told her why, her eyes widened with shock. Like a flip of a coin, her mood had changed from scorn to concern. Their mother was sick and she didn't even know? "What?" she asked with surprise, the envious thoughts of before evading her mind. "Is...is she okay?" Now it was her turn to stammer, though she just wanted to get her words out. In fact, it was quite evident how much the green-marked girl cared for the rainbow woman.

"Speech"

Ren

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
keanai
01-26-2016, 11:50 AM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2016, 12:51 PM by Ren.)
The scorn hurt, but at least it switched to concern - and an inaudible sigh of relief would leave the prince. She did care. He wasn't sure what part of his mind thought she didn't, but either way it was assauged now. He would nod solemnly to her surprised question, standing stoic and still as she asked... if Marina was okay. "I... think so," he said softly. "She didn't want to tell me, but I saw it. I had to get her herbs; she was panicking. She said that it was a sickness of the mind, caused by bad memories..." he trailed off, a sigh. It was then he looked up at his sister, cyan orbs searching for her red one. "I'm worried about her. I just... what if something happens to her, and we can't fix it?" We, as in her children. We, as in him and his siblings.

"Speech"

Yoshiko

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
01-26-2016, 06:23 PM

At first the girl thought something physical had happened to their mother, especially when the boy mentioned getting herbs for her. Had she injured herself? Was there even a healer in the pack? Well, those were her thoughts until he explained that it was a sickness of the mind. Confusion was scribbled all over her features. She didn't know how someone could be mentally unwell - how was that even possible? Their mother was a kind woman, one of the only canines she trusted - how could she have bad memories? "I talked to her not long ago," she protested, looking into her brother's azure stare with melancholy in her gaze. "She looked fine, and she didn't tell me anything." Was it because she was leaving? Did her mother not see the need to tell her daughter when she would soon be gone?

"Speech"

Ren

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
keanai
01-26-2016, 07:21 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2016, 07:22 PM by Ren.)
He would sympathize, completely and wholly, with her confusion. He didn't understand how one could be mentally sick, or even what kind of memories could cause that. "She said it was lavender, the herb, and that it calmed her down but no herb could truly cure her," he'd explain even further, another soft sigh falling from his lips. Zephyra would protest then, saying she talked to Marina not that logn ago, and the prince nodded. A small frown at Zephyra saying that Marina didn't tell her - why not? "I don't think she wants us to know," he told the green giant. "But I wanted to tell you - you needed to know, someone other than me and I don't think Kait or Nixie could handle it... you're stronger." He sighed again, shaking his head. "She should have told you, even if she doesn't want us to know." All of them should know...

"Speech"

Yoshiko

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
01-27-2016, 07:07 PM

It appeared no herbs could cure this sickness of the mind, to her dismay. He seemed to have done the best he could to help, but it just wasn't enough. Would the woman ever be well again? She has to! she thought furiously. She has to get better someday! The look upon her brother's features told her that he found it odd their mother hadn't informed her earlier. She shook her head when he assumed their mother wanted to keep it a secret from them. That might be the reason, in Kait's or Nixie's case who she agreed wouldn't handle the news quite well, but in her own she presumed differently. Was now a good time to voice her opinion why? "I wish I could do something to help," she began slowly, heartbreak in her voice. She looked up from her paws, searching for her brother's electric gaze. Would he understand? "But I'm leaving, Ren. Leaving Borealis."

"Speech"

Ren

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
keanai
02-09-2016, 06:14 PM
She would voice his very thoughts, and he nodded. "So do I, Zeph. Every day I wish I could do something," he whispered, voice nothing short of sincere. But he could do nothing, nothing but be there and support, as he was sure all his siblings did. She would go on to speak, and he would freeze, eyes widening. Leave? Why? is eyes flickered closed, and he took a breath, calming himself from the immediate rejection of the idea. Truthfully, he wasn't surprised. Borealis seemed to never work for Zeph. She was always off doing her own thing; it did make sense. Slowly, he nodded, eyes opening to rest on her taller form. "Borealis was never really your thing," he would comment quietly. "Perhaps in another pack you would find your fit better." That was the reason he believed she was leaving, and truthfully... he did not hold her wrong in her decision, and that was clear in the acceptance in his eyes. Still, though. He stepped forward, pressing his muzzle into her shoulder if allowed. "Just promise you'll come back and visit," he told her. "Let us know what's going on in your life."

Yoshiko

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
02-11-2016, 03:15 AM

Although they both wished they could do something to help their unwell mother, she wanted to tell him that her side was different. She would do something about it, dedicate her entire life if she was willing enough, but she couldn't. He was staying in Borealis so he could still help. Anger boiled beneath her pelt. Why did these things happen at the worst of times? "I guess it wasn't," she agreed with a shrug, deciding not to tell him of the actual reason she was leaving. She could leave her little friendship a secret. "But you'll always be my family." She felt a bit awkward saying that, even more embarrassed when he nuzzled into her shoulder. Yet somewhere on the inside, she was a big softy. There was no doubt she would visit. How could she ever abandon her kin? "I will, Ren," she whispered into his obsidian fur. "I will."

-end thread?-

"Speech"