gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
01-06-2016, 02:03 AM
Gaia was getting used to sleeping on the Prarie, it didn't seem as private as her life in the caves had been and she knew the rest of Volt's family knew what was going on with her despite that not being a fact. She still cried far too often, and with out the barrier of her den it was so much easier to see her. The Olypian had not gone back to see Glacier's beautiful little girls, Voltage had told her they had made it to the prairie nice and safe. That was all she needed otherwise she was sure she'd be crying a lot more. She missed her babies, a lot, and the obviousness of that fact was wearing on the silver she wolf. The sun had hardly come over the horizon and Gaia was nestled in a quiet corner, beneath a tree that had just started to sprout its leaves that would grow for the year. She'd felt a glimmer of hope, but with the ocean encroaching on their lives she just felt toppled again. She just wanted nothing more than to be next to Volt all the time, and she'd done her best to give him the space he needed to run the pack. She just felt so lonely when he wasn't there. She was much too young ot have to suffer from empty nest. Her babies were gone and it hurt her.
"Burn Baby Burn"
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-06-2016, 02:31 AM
Voltage had been busy, yes, but he was a master at multitasking. While he spoke to Glacier, planned with his family, spoke with the neighboring's pack adoreable little prince, and surveyed what was left of the beach to see if there was anything salvageable, she was always in the back of his mind. He knew he had to stop putting her to the side like this, but he wasn't doing it intentionally. It may have ended up that way, but she was always there. Her safety had been his first priority even if he hadn't been able to be there to be sure she got to the Praries, and he had tried to find her a suitable place to sleep while also running many errands and making sure the rest of his family was safe and sound as well.

But enough was enough. He sighed softly as he stood in the distance, watching his little love. Brows furrowed, and he almost wanted to cry. She had been through so much, and now...now their home was flooded and whatever they may have had left of their daughters must have washed away as well. He stepped towards her, trying to keep quiet. He'd walk to her side without a word, and gently laid down beside her. "My little cloud..it's okay to rain.." He whispered softly, just like he had long ago before he finally brought her home. "I know...this isn't ideal. We're working on making this more like a home, I'm sure I can find us a more private place as well..." He whispered softly, tenderly, pressing kisses behind her ears and along her neck.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Gaia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
01-06-2016, 12:06 PM
She had the wedding to look forward to, and that had brightened her considerably, but with little responsibilities Gaia had a lot of time to think about what was lost. For the better part of the last year she'd had Illume and Current with her. From the pregnancy to their birth, and then every night when they returned to the den for snuggles and a good night story. Seeing Glacier's children had really reawakened those memories within her.Gaia wanted her babies back.

She'd long since put her head on her paws, she looked pretty defeated and she felt that way too. Her attention was not on her surroundings and for once Volt was able to sneak up on her. Instinctively she would move to fit against him as his warmth was suddenly at her side. She'd take in a stuttering breath as familiar words were whispered to her, and she would lean into his touch as he kissed her softly. "Why is everything so hard, Voltage? Why is it always taken away?" He had been her only constant for a long time now. She couldn't depend on her family, she couldn't depend on Solo, she couldn't even keep her own children safe. Everyone but Voltage was gone. She felt that so strongly within her, she would cling to her mate with everything she had, because he was all she had.
"Burn Baby Burn"

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-06-2016, 04:37 PM
Voltage would sigh in near contentment as she pushed against him, and he held her all the tighter. She was his reprieve, and knowing that she was okay allowed his constantly spinning mind to finally settle. It constantly spun, constantly whirrled with worries and fears but here and now, as he held her so close, it was...okay. They had gotten through it just like they had gotten through everything in their life. Voltage would press a long kiss into her shoulder as she spoke, and he would pull her harder against him in silent affection. Without words he'd just continue to press soft kisses into her shoulder and neck and cheek, breathing into her fur to try and show her how here he was. He would always be here for her, every second of every day even when he wasn't physically with her. She was always on his mind.

"It teaches us to cherish what we have while we have it. " He whispered so tenderly against her shoulder, nuzzling her soft fur. He really was a live in the now kind of guy, he experianced everything so fully, so completely. "The harder it is, the stronger we get and…" He sighed softly, trailing off. He was silent for a moment before he closed his eyes. "It is hard, Gaia...it is very hard..." He whispered, pulling her tighter against him. "We should find you something to do...maybe you could teach Glacier's young ones...tell them stories…" He whispered softly.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Gaia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
01-06-2016, 04:48 PM
She'd sniffle softly through her words as Voltage held her tight and gave her those supportive affections. We was here, and he was close. He wasn't going anywhere. She had to believe that or she might have gone crazy. He'd whisper an answer to her, the reason they could not always have. She'd shake her head. No, it still wasn't fair. She hadn't gotten enough time with her daughters. She wanted them back so badly. "It is hard, Gaia. It was, and she knew he felt the pain just as strongly as she had. She wanted to be selfish, and say he didn't know her pain. He hadn't carried them in his body and given birth to them. She knew very well that he felt their loss too. She was just being bitter because he was so much stronger than she was. She'd shake her head sharply as Volt suggested she spend more time with the two newest additions to the Elementas. "No." she'd manage to tell him in an oddly firm way. "I can't be with them, it.. it just hurts...." Still shaking her head, but softer this time, her tears would finally slip from her eyes as she buried her head into Volt's fur. Some days were better than others, and this was a very bad day.

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-06-2016, 05:06 PM
Voltage would sigh softly, just holding her close. He didn't know how to help her through this pain, he was feeling the same thing so acutely. He felt the lose of their daughters each and every day, but it was just...his gift that he was able to compartmentalize himself. But still, each and every day he felt it...and when that ocean had risen to swallow their beach he had felt it again. But it was true...life was insanely hard, and the only way they can get through it is if they work together. So when she cried, saying she couldn't be around the children, he felt so much pain. "Okay, bad idea...I'm sorry." He whispered softly, closing his eyes and resting his chin on her shoulder as she cried into his fur. He wanted so strongly to fix everything for her, and he felt so powerless. "I love you Gaia, that will never ever end. I wish I could fix this for you..." He whispered, squeezing her gently. "I wish I could erase all your pain and bring our daughters home..." He wanted to fix everything, just like he always seemed to be able too. "I've got you, my little cloud...I'll never leave you.." He whispered.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Gaia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
01-06-2016, 05:22 PM
He'd just hold her like he always did, through the good days and the bad he'd hold her close and tell her it was going to be alright despite how he was feeling. She'd take a deep breath at his words, sipping them like a fresh drink of water. He was so sweet and tried so hard for her, all she was able to repay him with was tears and her broken heart. (which he had repaired more than a few times now.) She wished that he could just bring their children home too, but despite all their trying Illie and Current were gone. "I'd die if I didn't have you," Her words were a barely audible whisper as sightless eyes tried to find his gaze. She felt like she'd failed her daughters, she'd been unable to keep them safe like a good mother was supposed to.

Before the thought had fully developed in her mind they were out of her lips like a bomb about to burst. "Should we even have more?" The possibility of more litters had always been in the back of her mind, but after Illie and Current she'd mostly given up hope of them. They'd been given one chance and they'd failed, did they deserve a second?

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-06-2016, 05:48 PM
Voltage would smile sadly, nuzzling into her fur. He hoped that was an exaggeration, really. "You'd be fine..." He whispered softly, just holding her. "I wouldnt be able to live without you.." And it was true, honestly. He would live, but his life had been different. He needed her like he had needed to breathe, and until a few years ago he hadn't ever known it. So he would do everything in his power to make it right again. Somehow...someway.

Then she said something that shocked him. Stormy eyes would widen slightly before he lifted his head to look down at her, meeting her sightless gaze. For a moment he was silent before he leaned in to gently rest his nose against her muzzle. "We could teach them how to swim?" He whispered softly. The idea of a second litter hadn't really dawned on Voltage, just like the idea of the first one hadn't, but now that it was out there it felt so natural. Perhaps it was a part of him that just longed to be a father again, but they were still grieving. How fair for their daughters would it be to come home and find that their parents had had more children. But still... "I miss them...so much, Gaia. I do, with every ounce of my heart. I miss little illie and her big blue eyes and her whiny voice, and I miss Current and her sleeping habits. I miss coming home to your smile and our children doing god knows what..." He trailed off then, looking away before sighing. "I know what you're feeling...I feel it too. Gaia, you were the best mother for them. It was my fault it happened. I..smothered our babies. I wanted to keep them little for a long time, I wanted to protect them to the point of...of insanity." He murmured, closing his eyes. "I failed them as a parent..."

"Burn Baby Burn"

Gaia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
01-06-2016, 06:05 PM
She'd shake her head as he tried to tell her she'd survive with out him beside her, but she was very much convinced otherwise. She wouldn't have made it through the last season had it not been for Volt, what did he think she could really do on her own? There had always been someone there to guide her before, she'd never not had anyone at all. As she spoke her mind before even thinking Volt would become silent. She didn't know what his reaction might be and she would freeze as her ears awaited the reaction.

She didn't want to laugh as he told her his first thought, but along with more tears she'd spout out a strained giggle. her tears wouldn't stop though, he'd say everything about their daughters that she missed the most. "I miss their cuddles, and their kisses." she'd add quietly, barely able to speak through her labored breathing. It hurt to think about what she lost, but they hadn't grieved together yet. She would swallow the emotions down but she couldn't swallow what Voltage had said. It was no more his fault than hers, and they shared the responsibility. "Volt, you kn..n...n..know that you can't hold all of the blame. We raised.d.d.d them together." She'd cling to him tightly, knowing how well she held the same feelings he did.

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-06-2016, 07:35 PM
He would press his nose against her forehead gently, taking a deep breath. He had so much faith in her. To him, she could do absolutely everything, she could be anything. She could survive, and survive without him if she wanted too. It was him who was dependent. Without his family, he would be able to even breathe let alone anything else. He'd just hold her as she giggled that sad little laugh, and he'd smile so softly at some semblance of joy amongst her sadnses. "Illie was such a troublemaker too...always sneaking out of the den and trying to get her sister in trouble." He whispered softly, leaning back to look at her. "But she'd always come home for your stories..." He whispered. Every night, like clock work. He missed his baby girls, so much. "And Current hardly leaving the den except for when Illie wanted her too..." He would sigh, again, nearly breaking down himself. He had cried too many tears, fell into a depression that even now was so hard to get out off.

As the tears fell down her beautiful cheeks, he'd lean forward to swipe them away, kissing her cheeks, her eyelids, her forehead. It was all he could do in that moment, just show her all his affection. Give her all his love. "Together, Gaia." He whispered so softly, nodding his head. They both had regrets and sadness to share, they both had daughters that they couldn't bring home. "She saved Current...She saved her life, and I'm sure our daughter is still out there. Current will find her, will save her in return, and then we wont feel like this...but it's okay, until then, for us to cry and mourn and long for them to come home..." He whispered softly, lifting a paw to rest on hers. "But none of that changes my love for you, Gaia. You are the most amazing mother..."

"Burn Baby Burn"

Gaia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
01-06-2016, 08:46 PM
She couldn't talk after that, but quietly she'd cry and listen to what Volt said about their beautiful daughters. He was sweet and patient, and everything she needed. She just wished that she could be stronger for him. Quietly he'd tell her about them, and Gaia would let her feelings out. She felt like she had cried so much already how were there even tears left? She would lean in heavily to Volt's embrace as she tried to reign control of her breath and return his sweet words. She would sigh heavily, feeling his paw move to her own. "I want to be a mother again." she'd whisper, the longing in her heart felt strong enough to pull her over. She couldn't just be an aunt, though she wished she could be that too. Gaia didn't want to have to avoid those new little bundles of fur, but she was selfish and couldn't stand the pain it put on her.

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-06-2016, 09:11 PM
He loved her, loved her so deeply and so strongly like he had never loved anyone in his entire life. Nothing could compare to this. Every tear she shed felt like an ocean that he felt like he were drowning, and he'd lean forward to lick them away so she weren't drowning as well. As she pushed herself into him, again, he would wrap his arm around her shoulders and just hold her. She fought to regulate her breathing, and he fought to just breathe, brows pinched and holding her, hoping he hadn't taken it too far. But grieving didn't come with a limit on tears, and no matter how many she shed didn't mean she was any closer to acceptance. Just like him and his varying ways of grieving. Every time he'd race the beach, or every rock he found, or every territory he searched didn't mean he was any closer to acceptance, but it did mean he was one more territory, and one more rock and one more lap around the beach farther from where he had been. Every tear she shed was a measure of how far she had come, not how much farther she had to go, and he would hold her through it, even if it took till the end of their days.

But when she spoke again, her soft voice swelling around him and his throughts, he'd blink widely. Slowly he pulled back to look at her, sighing softly. What do you say to a grieving mother, who only wanted to hold their babies again? "I don't want you to wake up...and regret it." He whispered softly, feeling his jaw tighten. "Sweetheart, I don't want to replace our daughters..." But Voltage had enough room for all the love in the world. He could love his nieces and miss his daughters, he could grieve and celebrate. His entire being was expandable, and he enjoyed it. "I don't want to replace Illie and Current, but..." He'd trail off, the implication hanging in the air. He missed being a father, he missed Gaia being a mother. And while their titles hadn't been ripped away from them on that fateful day, it also didn't make it easier. They were bound to get jealous of Glacier and his happy little world. And he was not going to stop looking for his daughters until his dying breath. "I love you, Gaia.." He whispered softly, longingly as he leaned forward to press another kiss to her forehead, squeezing her into his embrace. He loved her, with every ounce of his heart. She was his everything.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Gaia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
01-06-2016, 10:18 PM
She would never be able to forget her daughters. Ever. Illume and Current would be with her forever and she wouldn't have had it any other way. She just had trouble with the pain. It hurt, so bad, and she just wanted it to stop. She wanted her babies back. Gaia would try to breath regularly as Voltage whispered to her, about regrets, replacement, and love. They could never be replaced, but maybe they could move on to the next stage of their life. Illume and Current were gone, Gaia knew they wouldn't be able to keep their life on hold until the girls returned. "We'll never be able to replace then." She didn't want to anyway. "I love you Voltage. I want.. I want what you want. I don't want to hurt anymore." Her voice was quiet as she replied, leaning into his kiss and clinging to him in the embrace. She could never be close enough to him.

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-06-2016, 11:26 PM
He'd watch her so closely, watch her sightless eyes cry, watch as she struggled to keep her breathing under control. Watched as she struggled with a sudden empty nest, with the need to be a parent. And he couldn't believe how far she had come. A year ago, she had been scared, panicking about parenthood. Perhaps their first year into this life was not the easiest, and its scars ran so deep he was sure they would never heal. But to see her yearn for something she had been scared off, to fix mistakes and refuse to make new ones. He couldn't help but sigh softly, closing his eyes and resting his forehead against her.

He wanted to give her everything, absolutely everything. He wanted to fix all her wounds and make it all alright again. But this...he felt like this might be jumping the gun again. He would sigh softly, shifting to press another kiss against her cheek. "I want more than anything to erase your pain, my little cloud." He whispered softly, his paw slowly running down her shoulders to rest on the middle of her back. "But I think this...needs to be thought out some more. You're grieving..." It was strange. Voltage was always so impulsive, so easy to jump at any opportunity and anything that might be fun. He loved to go with the flow, and the only plans he really enjoyed were party plans. "You are still the best mother in the world...no matter what."  His voice soft and tender by her ear, just holding her close. It hurt, but he wanted to make sure this wasn't just because she was longing for children to fill the void...He wanted them to be ready this time.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Gaia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
01-06-2016, 11:41 PM
She held onto him tightly and didn't let go, his words were a comfort and held all the wisdom she knew he held. He didn't want her to hurt anymore than she did and she knew that, so the she wolf listened to his words, accepted them as the truth they were. No more mistakes. Gaia would nod into his fur, crying softly into his coat as she put her all too eager thoughts away. They were for another day. She still didn't know that she deserved such an honorable title, but she wouldn't contest them. "You, Voltage, are the best father, no matter what." she'd echo him, still unable to let him hold the burden with out her. "We'll see them again one day, right?" It was another almost silent whisper, almost to herself. She wanted to believe it so bad, but it felt like such an impossible task.