Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
01-08-2016, 05:59 PM

Her family was moved down south with more than a lot of care. Shai's transport had been the trickiest, Vail hadn't helped very much, but when she was needed she was there. She'd been a big help in keeping their father warm. The journey had taken some time, but it seemed like her father had started breathing more easily the moment they'd crossed the bifrost. Once camp was set up it was only a matter of time before they saw improvement, and eventually she was able to breathe easily. Shai was going to pull through. With that knowledge in mind the young girl had gone about exploring these new lands, not going very far as she still couldn't see anything. She'd thought about asking Shaye along, but decided against it. A solo run would do her good, now if she could just stay out of trouble she'd be golden.

Vail was good enough that she didn't run into objects in front of her, using sound to help her locate where the open path was. The young Destruction navigated through slowly, but with out bumping her little pink nose on a single tree. The point of the mission was to get to know her surroundings, and so far she felt pretty good. Until she got caught in a sticker bush. The bigger trees were easy to avoid, but the thin grabbing branches of the brambles easily found her and held on tight to her matted shedding coat. She'd struggled there on her own for a moment, wondering if she'd really have to call for help because of a plant.
""

if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Solor

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Glacier
01-08-2016, 06:10 PM
He hadn't found his sister in all of Alacritis, or at last that was how it felt. He found signs of her here and there, people had mentioned seeing her and couldn't say where she had gone after that. The carefree boy was getting more then a little frustrated. When he found Faun he was tempted to tie a rope about her shoulders so he wouldn't lose her again. He was being silly, he knew that. After all, the only reason she had left in the first place was to search for him. He sighed, unable to hide his worry from himself.

When he began to move towards the Southern Alacritis he told himself it was research. After all, if he was finding less and less signs of her up these more well tread parts of the land it was only logical to try out those less visited. It had nothing to do with the pretty white wolf who had mentioned her sick father and her need to move him down here. no. nothing to do with that.

When he found a scent of her and what he assumed her family, he decided it was the polite thing to say hello, and so he would make his way towards them. He didn't show himself immediately, and when he realized Vail wasn't with them he hesitate. was this her family?

He moved on with a shrug, and had the intention of actually doing what he had came here to do – search it top to bottom for his sister, when he found the young blind girl. He walked lazily upwind of her so she would catch the scent of him. Stopping a few feet from here tisk and shake his head. “Falling in snow drifts. Catching on plants. I do believe Mother Nature has it out for you.”

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
01-08-2016, 06:25 PM

She would huff and complain quietly to herself as she attempted to get unstuck, but it seemed every time she got one loose two more would take hold. If she continued on like she was she would soon be at the center of the plant, covered in the prickly branches and unable to move. She felt her heart rate begin to increase as panic began to take over, she might have really started to freak out and call out for her mother when another familiar scent drifted towards her. The surprise made her stop for only a moment as she realized how he was going to see her. Again her efforts for escape would be renewed, but by the time she'd smelled him it was already too late. His voice would hit her ears and she knew she'd been caught. Feeling her ears begin to burn she would slow her frantic struggles and move her gaze to find his shadow in the dim forest light. "Born blind and albino.. what was your first clue?" She didn't mean to be so snarky, but he had started it and she was still more than a little flustered so really he asked for it.
""

Solor

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Glacier
01-08-2016, 06:43 PM
Solor laughed softly, she could be a spitfire all right. He examined her from where he stood, admiring how well and truly stuck she had managed to get. He could see even from here that her struggles had only dug her a deeper hole, so to speak. “Darn.” he said thoughtfully. “I didn't bring any snacks.”

Of course, the boy wasn't really heartless, even if he was enjoying the situation a little. He sighed as he stepped closer to her, careful not to brush up against the plant himself. “Congratulations. You've about as stuck as wolfly possible in there” he congratulated her. “Hold very still, please, I don't want bristles in my gums” he warned her. He started wit the easier bits. Her tail was only marginally caught at the end of a bush and a he delicately bit of the end of the branch before using his claws to untangle it. He moved on then to her face, knowing her body would be the hardest part. With a gentleness that might surprise he pulled a thorn free from her ear and licked at the tiny dot of blood, stemming the flow. He repeated the process around her neck, in places where he couldn't reach without getting himself stuck he was forced to brake branches and his gums weren't always lucky enough to find a position free of thorns. Licking his own blood occasionally he finally found his way to her chest and side, the parts worse off. It would take him more time then he liked to brake branches, and untangle her coat and well he was as gentle as possible occasionally he came away with a mouthful of fur, and likely another sore spot for Vail.

When at last she was free from the tree he paused, panting lightly. “Lie down. I need to get a few thorns out of your coat” he instructed.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
01-08-2016, 07:15 PM

Somehow she would be able to glare at him with her mostly sightless gaze, her little brows furrowed at his comment and she would try to refrain from huffing unhappily. "If you're gonna help me, help me." She'd tell him, the frustration getting to her more than a little. She was a little annoyed at him, but mostly she was frustrated with herself. She'd gotten completely caught up in the bush. As he congratulated a frustrated sigh would leave her lips, but she would do as he said and to the best of her ability Vail would hold her body still. He started at her tail, expertly snapping branches and combing out her fur. A lot of shed material would fall out with the plants, a welcome by product of her predicament. He'd move to her face, and as he found her ears the prickling really started to hurt, and surprisingly she'd feel the soothing touch of his tongue over the wound. Vail was already pretty comfortable in the much bigger male's presence, what with him being so helpful the last time they'd met up. She'd try to relax as he worked as carefully as possible, but she still found herself jumping at the occasional prick.

Vail felt when she was fully freed, and she had to admit it was the most lovely feeling of all time. She'd feel a sigh of relief leave her as Solor gave her more instruction. She'd sigh again, ready to be on her way! But she'd do as she was told, equally not excited about randomly having a thorn spear her side. "Okay.." She would agree begrudgingly, her age shining through her disgruntled tones. Not a bit thankful for potential life saving help.
""

Solor

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Glacier
01-08-2016, 07:23 PM
Her disgruntlement was a source of amusement for the boy – through he was wise enough to keep his laughter to himself. Her moody expression and exasperation where far too adorable that what should be legal. At least she didn't squirm as he worked towards freeing her, and kept both their injuries to a minimum. He could still taste copper on his tongue, the remnants of blood from both of their bodies.

She would lie on the grass and he sat beside her, his tongue quickly working through her coat, and pulling out every thorn it encountered. Any spot of blood he found marring her petite, washed out white would feel his course tongue as he both closed the wounds and cleaned her. When at last his work was done he got to his feet and made a face, despite her inability to see it. “I don't know about you, but I need some water. Come on trouble magnet” he coaxed, pulling further funny faces at his grumpy friend.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
01-08-2016, 07:36 PM

She felt him lower himself into the grass beside her and he was quick to groom her messy coat. She must have looked like a disaster. With some of her fur coming out in clumps from being disturbed so heavily by the thorns. She didn't care though, even if she wouldn't show it there was a relief in her. She just couldn't believe she had to be saved by solor again. What was he doing down here anyway? Wasn't he looking for his sister? The thought would disappear as he finished her coat, she'd noticed how careful he was about her wounds and if there was any doubt before she truly trusted him now. Swallowing hard she couldn't have agreed with him more, and followed after just as easily as when he'd told her to lay down. Pulling herself to her feet her question would be remembered. "What are you doing down here anyway? I thought you were looking for your sister?"
""

Solor

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Glacier
01-08-2016, 07:40 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2016, 07:41 PM by Solor.)
She would start to follow after him and he would try not to laugh again. This was, once again, the blind leading the blind. This was his first visit to these lands and he no more knew where to find water then he knew where his sister was!
All the same, he began to walking, head held high and steps sure, like he knew exactly where he was going. Perhaps he would manage to stumble on a stream before she got to questioning his sense of direction...

Her question would elicit a sigh from the man as he shook his head. “That woman has well and truly managed to get herself lost. She's as trouble-magnet as you are. I figured I would try a few new lands to search for her in” he explained slyly, giving her his excuse straight faced and without the slight evidence that his reason could be anything but.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
01-08-2016, 07:49 PM

Following was much easier than trying to find her way around on her own. Motif might not have been truly excited about her choice to go out on her own, in fact if her mother had noticed she might have tried to stop her. Hre she was, being saved by an almost stranger and getting led around by him. Seemed like a potential for disaster. Vail was decent at reading people though, for her blindness she was rather perceptive. Not that she would have gone anywhere far enough that she couldn't call for help. As they went though she did notice something. "If you wanted water, we should be going the other way." His answer cam swiftly too, and the comparison between herself and his sister brought an amused grin to her maw. "Trouble magnet, more like a Solor magnet. You've saved me twice on opposite side of the world." Even if she hadn't detected any other reason she would ooint out the odd coincidence.
""

Solor

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Glacier
01-09-2016, 01:04 AM
He would be caught out far quicker then he was hoping for. Who knew the blind girl would know her way around? “Ah ha! I was testing your sense of direction. You only get a six, for waiting this long to point it out” he concluded, leading them in a wide circle to change direction. With a shrug he simply started out in a straight line directly opposite the direction he had been heading, figuring his blind guide would speak out if he started to lead them wrong again.

“Ah... the difference is, your the damsel in distress with the Solor. Of late, my sister must go without. I can't even imagine the trouble she's bowling head first into with out me” he said, without a shred of modesty.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
01-09-2016, 01:06 PM

His reaction to her correction had been mostly what she had expected, but she also didn't believe him. She heard the surprise in his voice, he didn't even realize she knew pretty much exactly where she was. You had to learn very fast when you couldn't see. If you didn't get it or use it you were going to get very lost. "Uh-huh." She'd answer him, with all sarcasm that was able to be mustered. He seemed to get his direction correct as they shifted and turned around. Now they'd eventually run into the stream. She couldn't help but shake her head at his next statement. Her mother would have had a cow if she'd heard what he said. For all of her life Motif had worked hard so that Vail might experience her independence. Obviously that had failed as this stranger had been forced to save her twice. She couldn't find it in herself to thank him for something she should have been able to do herself. "Aren't you worried about her then" If the woman was getting into more trouble than herself shouldn't Solor have been much more concerned with her safety? He seemed pretty comfortable chatting with her.
""

Solor

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Glacier
01-09-2016, 03:10 PM
His sarcastic little blind guide seemed to find great amusement in the boys antics. He could just tell she thought he was a riot. Clearly, there was nothing in the world she would rather do then follow him around. None of this might be true, but Solor had a great imagination.

They reached the stream and Solor walked right on into it to take his drink, the water swirling contently at his paws. In the Spring warmth, he could at last immerse himself in water and not worry about freezing to death a step later. He looked quite content, until Vail's words. He winced, his sunny expression fading away. “Aye” he said softly, shaking it off before the melancholy could ruin his day. Of course he missed his sister. Life simply wasn't the same when he didn't have her beside him. After all, who was their to appreciate his humor and genius now? He shook his head again, his internal humor falling short of rising him back to amusement. “But it is as it is, I just hope I find her soon” he said, his voice actually managing to sound serious for once.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
01-10-2016, 12:17 AM

Soon enough the pair would make it to the stream, how long might have they been searching if she hadn't known where she was? She'd shake that thought, again renewing her confidence in the success they would share. As Solor just walked right into the water Vail would stand back at the bank, careful to drink upstream from him. As she asked about his sister Vail could sense the change in him, even to her sightless eyes it was obvious that he missed her, and she could hear the worry in his voice. Vail would have felt the same way if Shaye were suddenly gone from her. The young Destruction girl would nod softly after she'd lifted her head from the water. "I don't know what I would do if I lost my sister." Shaye had been there through out most of her struggles, but were they really as close as Solor and Viridian?
""

Solor

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Glacier
01-10-2016, 02:11 PM
The more time he spent with this girl the more he could see how capable she was, how she manged to function as a normal wolf despite her blindness. He couldn't even fathom how much extra work she was forced to place into every day tasks just to function and keep her independence. She did not even seem to struggle at the basic tasks solor took for granted - like walking in a straight line without smacking into a tree.

He respected her pride and independence mentally, even if there was little evidence of that respect shown on the outside.
"Come join me" he offered, kicking his paws in the cool and refreshing water "it's a shallow stream... and I can protect you, even when you don't want me to" no doubt she could hear the smile in his voice. To her comment about her sister he would say "siblings are overrated" now there was definitely laughter in his voice, enough to hide the far away look in his eyes and the downward tilt of his lips - he dearly missed his 'overrated' sister.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
01-10-2016, 03:55 PM

Vail really did have to work much harder to achieve any kind of normalcy in her daily life. After a year of learning how to simply get around she was rather proficient. She'd known Abaven like the back of her paw, but all these new places. Life was again more of a struggle than it might have been in the pack. Where there had always been something for her to snack on in the pack she had to wait for one of her family members to hunt or try and find something for herself. Over all she was mostly normal, but she'd always have her disability.

With little hesitation Solor would invite her into the water with him, she'd hesitated mostly because of the depth. She'd never really been comfortable with water, even with someone there to watch her. He seemed eager for her to enjoy it with him, and with his coaxing Vail took a few steps into the running water. He was right, it was quite shallow and she had no trouble, but before she could reach him she'd stub her tow hard on a hidden boulder. "Ouch!" She'd pull her leg from the stream, unable to see it but showing off her new injury anyway. Her two front claws were scraped up, one was cracked up to the quick. She'd whine, he was right the world really did have it out for her.
""

Solor

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Glacier
01-10-2016, 05:25 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2016, 05:37 PM by Solor.)

Solor

He would encourage her to enter the water with him and she would barely be a step in before she stubbed her toe rather impressively. Solor sighed rather expressively as he moved forward to take a look at the offered foot. "I think you went an entire five minutes that time before you needed rescuing again, my little damsel" he informed her rather matter of factly. "Come on then and I'll fix it up for you" he told her. Being a rogue and often spending time alone he knew basic first aid - enough to keep himself alive at any rate. He moved on ahead of her in the water, roughly pushing aside any loose rubble between here and shore to give her a smoother path back. Lucky for him she would not be able to see his actions and movements under water where silent - he hardly wanted anyone to think he was going soft or anything.

He assumed she would follow on after him and he pulled himself from the water and shook out his coat. He scrambled through the under bush until he had a tough, thin root and moved back towards his blindseer "I'm binding your claw" he warned her before he man handled said extremity, pushing the claw out gently by the knuckle and using his teeth to trim the claw as deeply as he could without drawing blood, and then judging his teeth and claws to wind the root about the cracked claw to bind it "It will limit movement until it grows out and we can cut the broken part off" he explained to her.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
01-10-2016, 08:24 PM

He wouldn't hesitate to move closer to her, taking her now injured foot and peering at it as she could not. Had Shaye been there she would have been able to help.. but Solor was full of surprises. He knew exactly what to do. She'd limp just a little as she made her way back to shore, more timid but she wouldn't hit any other angry rocks. It really hadn't been that long since she'd been in distress, maybe it was time to retire. She could just sit at home and watch after her dad. SIghing softly she'd make her way to the shore, slowing as he sped up to get what she presumed were supplies. Sitting back onto her haunches she couldn't help but pout just a little. She didn't want to have to be saved all the time.

She hardly had to wait for Solor's return, suddenly he had her paw and was working with hit gently. That didn't stop it from still hurting. But she'd only wince, finding the strength to with hold any protest. He explained to her flawlessly and she'd trust him even though it stung. What a nuisance she was turning out to be. "I hate that I'm such a pain." She'd say through her gritted teeth as he finished, she just didn't want to thank him for any efforts. "Thanks for bandaging my claw." She'd squeeze out, hopefully he'd attribute the effort to her pain.
""

Solor

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Glacier
01-10-2016, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2016, 02:51 AM by Solor.)

Solor

He was finished tending to the claw in a heart beat and stood back again, giving the blind girl some space. He shook his head, the gesture for himself as he looked on in amusement. "You poor thing" he said heartlessly at her pity party. She was independent and strong, and he was astonished at how much she was capable of. If she couldn't see it, nothing he said would enlighten her. Perhaps one day she would realize these little mishaps where common place for everyone, and she need not feel so useless. He shrugged, or maybe she wouldn't, that was up to her.

He would not be fooled at her difficulty in apologizing, through she managed it some how past her pride. The word was a little chewed up and spat out but he had no problem dusting it off. "Your very welcome, my lady. The time and effort was well worth it for the mere gratitude and appreciation I can see in the wonder that is your pale eyes" he promised her, completing the flourish with a delicate bow. "Now, my sweet winter rose, do tuck in your thorns so I might take your arm and lead you to the simple wonder I have stumbled upon in the I strange and wondrous land." Apparently once he turned on the lavish charm it was was a little more difficult to change tracks. Ah well, who could blame him for finding amusement in his prickly companion. He rose to his feet, waiting to see if she would follow him. he explained to her.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
01-10-2016, 09:54 PM

His condolences were obviously false, she'd shoot him a dark glance. Other than her clouded eyes it was rather convincing. She'd huff as she put her paw down, feeling the relief with the extra support of his work. It was a little uncomfortable, but not as uncomfortable as it was unaided. She was distracted momentarily by it, but Solor was quick to bring her focus back to him. She'd furrow her brow at him as he started laying i ton her. She immediately regretted doing any kind of thanking. A low growl would resonate in her chest, but it wasn't like she could do anything anyway. "You're impossible." She'd tell him through still gritted teeth, though now it was because she was much too furious with him. "And I'll follow you with out holding your arm." She'd huff as she tossed her head up proudly.
""

Solor

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Glacier
01-10-2016, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2016, 02:52 AM by Solor.)

Solor

She would call him impossible, and his grin was gleeful. Poor thing,she only got to witness half his humor, the second half was all in his features. "That's me" he agreed easily "The impossible man" teasing her was swift and rewarding, watching a blind wolf glare was comedy enough and he wished he had brought along some snacks ao he could sit there and laugh at her. He missed stirring up his sister, through she was use to his ways and it was far more difficult to get on her nerves - through when he succeed it was perhaps even more rewarding.

She agreed to his props to be led to his location through grudgingly, stubbornly and of course with all of her independence attached. He nodded his head, once again not treating a blind person as they aught to and said "As my sweet rose desires" in acceptance. He started up a light pace through the the territory. It was blind luck he had found this place he was taking her to, having given a rudimentary search for his sister before finding the blind wolf. They would be walking for a little way, it was on a different part of the island and he wouldn't try to engage his prickly friend in conversation along the way. When they at last reached his destination he stopped before a cave and cast a glance over to Vail, his eyes dancing a merry tune as he spoke. "Be careful... its dark" he managed to keep his laughter to himself, mostly.

Entering the dark cavern was done slowly, he wasn't nearly as accustomed to being blind as his companion was. Here she probably had the uper hand as he was forced to hug the wall to make his way to the one tunnel he sought. When he entered he slowed his breathing and kept quiet, wondering if she would be able to see the little lights that danced along the ceiling or hear the soft buzzing of the fireflies. Certainly she would hear the gurgle of water of the hot spring that took up most of the cavern. "Keep to the left" his voice was barely a breath beside her ear as he led her along to a spot that rose slightly above the ground. They had the fireflies above and before them and a larger pool of water behind them, a small and ankle deep one before them that glinted with the dancing light bugs. The ground beneath their feet was warm, pleasantly so rather then hot. He rested his head on his arms and simply... listened. After all, that was the point of bringing a blind wolf here.