Rœkia T

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
01-08-2016, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2016, 01:04 PM by Rœkia T.)
Navigation - Souless Forest

"Stay close now… you don't want to get lost in here that's for sure."  Rœkia paused to give Finch a reassuring smile as she navigated her way through the Soulless Forest.  A place that was aptly named for what she was planning to do to this hapless girl for nothing more than a few kicks and a sense of sharing pain.  She'd suffered plenty at the hands of the world.  It was only fair others did the same.  She'd served her time and was more than happy to spread the misery around a bit.

Wolf soared above her, occasionally gliding from branch to branch.  His wings slicing through the eerie fog.  Spring was well underway in this place and Rœkia could smell the budding breath of fresh and dangerous plant life. "We're almost half way there.  Once on the other side of this forest the going will get easier, I promise."

"Speech"

Finch I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Evelyn

Famous
01-08-2016, 07:22 PM (This post was last modified: 06-14-2016, 11:10 PM by Evelyn.)
*Navigation -- Soulless Forest

The forest was dark and spooky, that was for sure. She shivered as she clung to Maggie's side, wide blue eyes scanning the horizon. It was constantly dark here, with a thick fog that seemed to make everything that much scarier. She let out a small whine, looking up at the magpie as he flew over their heads. She wished that there would have been another way to get home, but Maggie had said that this was the fastest way home. When the woman said that they were halfway there, and said it would be easier soon. Finch let out a soft breath, not daring to take a single step away from her side. "O-okay..." she said softly. As long as it got her home. Home, home home. That's all she wanted. To see Starling, and Lark, Sparrow and Shrike. And she couldn't forget little Sandpiper and Tordo! Her heart started to pound faster in her chest, excitement starting to rise. She paused for a moment though, nose wiggling as she sneezed, the force of it making her head ring. Sniffling slightly she looked up at Maggie with wide eyes, suddenly not feeling too well. Oh no, did she catch a cold in that storm?

"SPEAK" "CIVETTA SPEAKS"

Rœkia T

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
01-08-2016, 07:37 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2016, 07:38 PM by Rœkia T.)
ooc: I got Eve's permission to have her listen to Finch's chest

Mist and fog coiled around her form, fracturing and distorting the light into an unearthly haze.  The light filtered softly through the trees falling on one of her favorite plants, stretching green and beautiful, stems reaching three feet fight, buds just beginning to form.  Buds that would bloom into beautiful crimson bells… an elegant poison if there ever was one.  Foxglove.  A plant rumored to have been grown by dark fairies to soften the footsteps of their foxes when committing various crimes.  According to her mother at least.  Rœkia's expression darkened for a moment but she quickly softened and turned to look at Finch when she heard the girl sneeze.

"Oh, darling… are you feeling well?  Let me have a look."  She moved toward Finch, nose sniffing as she moved to press her ears against the girls chest, listening. "Ok breath in and out, steady now…."  

"Speech"

Finch I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Evelyn

Famous
01-08-2016, 07:53 PM

When the woman turned her attention to her she did as she said, pressing up against the woman's ear. She told her to breath in and out and Finch did that, taking a number of steady breaths for the woman to listen to. She was a healer? Just like Starling! It made her tail swing behind her softly, but she tried to keep herself calm. She knew that Maggie was trying to listen, and she didn't want to mess it up. She peeked at the spotted woman, a bit of worry clouded in her baby blue eyes. "I'm n-not sick, a-am I?" she asked with her slight stutter, shifting lightly on her paws. That was the last thing she needed, was to be this close to home and fall ill. "C-cause I d-don't want to g-go h-home sick, t-they are p-probably worried e-enough..." She said with a soft whine, head hanging down slightly. She didn't want to make them worried, not more than they probably were... She had no idea what her father was going to do to her. She never wandered off, and now... Well, at least she had Maggie! Finch had no idea where she would be without this kind, gentle woman.

"SPEAK" "CIVETTA SPEAKS"

Rœkia T

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
01-08-2016, 08:07 PM
Rœkia listened quietly, brow bunching as she listened, she did a bit more nosing around before turning seriously to the girl, a frown adorning her face. "Your heart is racing and the sound of your breathing is concerning. I'm afraid you may be coming down with a respiratory ailment." Finch spoke again and Rœkia smiled. Oh the fates were conspiring darkly tonight. Her eyes drifted again to the Foxglove and she reached out to try and lick the girls cheek. "There, there, I have the perfect remedy to stave off this infection, it's right here." Rœkia walked over to the plants. Every part was poison. She could pick what she wanted at her leisure and she carefully, delicately snipped off a few of the buds, laying them at Finch's feet.

Foxglove, like all poisons could be used to heal. It could ease swelling, ease wounds and help with bleeding, internal and external, as well as cardiac disturbances. But it was a difficult plant to dose safely and so it made a far better poison…. a beautiful poison. One of the wicked girls favorites.

"Here, dear. Try these. They're the buds of the Wolf's Thimble plant. They should help ease any growing congestion and bolster your immune system."

"Speech"

Finch I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Evelyn

Famous
01-08-2016, 08:31 PM
When Maggie started to talk about her heart and chest, she felt her entire body stiffen. Oh no, that didn't sound good at all! She let our a low whine, trying not to panick. It looks like her good thoughts got her no where! Ears pinned back towards her skull, but the woman said not to worry, that she could fix her up. Oh, so she was just like Starling and Sparrow! Finch allowed herself to smile slightly, watching her back end as the spotted one started to pick at a plant. She peered over to try and see what it was, but the fog made it hard to focus. It wasn't until it was placed at her paws that she got a good look at it. Finch squinted as she eyed the blooms, but she didn't know enough about healing to even know what they did. Thankfully Maggie was quick to read her mind, telling her what it was and what it did. She had never heard of Wolf's Thimble, but she could see where it got its name from. So without any hesitation she dipped down and lapped up the buds, swallowing past the bitter taste. Finch's nose wrinkled upwards at the taste, the tip of her tongue sticking out. It was gross tasting, and almost made her tongue feel numb. She licked at her chops a few times, before her blue gaze fell on Maggie. She didn't feel any better yet, but Starling said it could take time. "Thank y-you, for e-everything." she said softly. She felt comforted, the small lick that had been placed on her cheek made her feel better. Why was Finch so afraid of strangers? If they were all like Maggie, they couldn't be all that bad.

Rœkia T

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
01-08-2016, 08:53 PM

Rœkia's eyes glinted as she watched the girl swallow the buds, excitement stirring in her gut. Foxglove was slow acting though, it would be another 12 hours or so for the poison to reach full effect. She smiled sweetly at Finch. "I'm happy to help. You should start feeling better soon but in the meantime we should keep going. I know a shortcut. I'm afraid it's also a bit spooky but it will cut our journey time in half. In fact, I'm willing to bet we can reach the Abaven border by nightfall." Her gaze tilted toward Wolf. "Fly ahead and keep an eye out for any trouble. We're so close to getting our friend home, I don't want to run into any unruly characters."

Rœkia started again, offering her left side to Finch should she need it. This was going to be fun. She could hardly wait.

-exit-

"Speech"

Finch I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Evelyn

Famous
01-08-2016, 09:10 PM
As the woman spoke she allowed herself to get excited, they were close to home! Her left side was offered to Finch to lean on, and she gladly took it. This forest was still so spooky, and she didn't want to get lost in this misty place. While it still kind of spooked her out that the next place would be scary too, she really trusted Maggie. She had showed her nothing but kindness, and was still leading her home. She had even given her herbs to make her feel better! Sticking to the woman's side like a burr, Finch's heart pounded in her chest, excitement starting to grow. Soon, she was going to be home soon. Hopefully Civetta would be there as well, she dearly missed her little bird friend.

-exit Finch-