Taia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
01-12-2016, 09:55 AM

The huntress had been wandering without any real cause. To be honest, she didn’t quite know what she was looking for. Was she looking to continue on a random venture or should she seek to settle down, find a place to stay and a pack to serve? She couldn’t say she knew the answer to that, but she could certainly try to figure it out. She took a deep breath, travelling along her merry way, though she came to a direct halt when a scent drifted towards her… the markers of a pack, a territory that someone had laid claim to. Call her curious for curious she was indeed.

She let a soft grin on her face as she approached, curiosity only growing with time as she dared to let out a soft call for someone who might be able to inform her more. She wasn’t usually the ‘spur of the moment’ type but there she was, acting out on a whim rather than thinking things through logically. Perhaps it would pay off – there was no reason for it not to, after all, and therefore she let her howl grow with a hint more confidence before it cut off and she found herself lying in wait to see who would approach the monochromatic woman.

Mithras

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
player
01-13-2016, 12:10 PM

MITHRAS AERIS
The howl that spilled out over the verdant grove was clear in it's intent. Mithras' ears perked and he lurched up to his feet, giving his celestial fur a good shake before setting off to meet the newcomer. First impressions, you know? His mind was spinning with possibilities and speculation, like what she was like and what had brought her here. He rounded the bank of s thing winding creek and found her atop the waiting knoll at the border. He looked up at her and smiled. "Morning, stranger," he said amiably. "I'm Mithras, alpha of Argead, upon whos border you now stand. What can I help you with?" She was silvery and wraithlike, a glimmer of hard metal or streak of moonlight. More over, she was startlingly devoid of color compared to he and his family, which only made him smile wider.

"Talk" "You" Think

NOTE: Caia,  Faria, and his children are allowed in all of Mithras' thread, regardless of their status. If you're threading with him, expect them as well!

Taia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
01-13-2016, 12:19 PM

She did not have to wait long, it appeared, as a man of many colors approached her, calling himself Mithras. They were a vast contrast to each other, the colors on his pelt like those she’d never seen before. In truth, it intrigued her to know if there were many more like him. Where she came from, most of the wolves were devoid of color, holding steely and ash-like hues, the eyes really the thing that stood out against their pelts. She dipped her head in return to his greeting. “It’s a pleasure, Mithras. You’re borders intrigued me… I was wondering about your pack and it's values?” She offered in return, curiosity lingering in her eye and on her facial features as she tipped her head slightly off center and to the side. It might have sounded strange, but to Taia, values were everything that a pack had and if you joined one who did not necessarily share these values, you might have a hard time trying to find your niche.

Mithras

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
player
01-13-2016, 12:29 PM

She inquired after Argead's values, the core of it all. He smiled, glad to see that this female wasn't trying to blindly jump into something. That was was a comfort, and of course he was glad to oblige. "Argead is a pack dedicated to progress and curiosity, we foster forward movements in the lives of our pack members no matter what their quest or goal may be. We're neutral when concerned with other packs, peaceful but far from pacifist, and promote a close bond with packmates. Does this sound like something that would interest you?" He would of course finish his short speech with a question of his own. It was only fair!

Her caution told him she had wisdom, which mattered more than whatever her background might be, but he was curious about that as well. "Where do you come from? I only ask in the even someone may be following you for revenge or debt collection or taxes, you know," he rolled his eyes and waggled a paw, hoping to keep the situation light and pleasant for them both. He was still have trouble with the 'serious alpha' persona, so sue him! He had more important things to worry about.

"Talk" "You" Think

NOTE: Caia,  Faria, and his children are allowed in all of Mithras' thread, regardless of their status. If you're threading with him, expect them as well!

Taia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
01-13-2016, 12:37 PM

She kept her expression light for the most part, keeping a soft grin on her face as he answered her questions with seemingly no problems. There wree key things that drew her interest. Curiosity. Moving forward. No matter what. Neutral. Peaceful. Close bond. She was intrigued, interested to say the least though in the past she’d had issues with social interaction… part of her supposed it was how her views had differed from the views of her family that had caused the rift between the two of them. He gave a light nod. “Yes, I could say that interests me very much!” She agreed as her tail allowed a soft wag from side to side.

He asked a question of his own, quite the fair one if she had to say so herself as she shook her head. “I assured you no one is after me, at least not to my knowledge. I come from a dynasty in the far north, my brother currently at the helm. I left because their goals, their values, were vastly different from mine and it was with his blessing that I took my leave.” She informed him as she began to realize she hadn’t even offered a name for herself. How rude! “My name is Taia Vuteg.”

Mithras

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
player
01-13-2016, 12:43 PM

He had been mostly joking when he'd questioned her about being a fugitive but he was happy to hear her deny it anyways. Argead had grabbed her attention and he swelled with pride. They're numbers just kept growing! He grinned and said, "I would be more than happy to offer you a spot here. We have ranks for the mortal arts, both hunting and warring, along with ranks for healers, scouts, and scholars. What do you suppose would suit you?" If she knew now it would help her settle in that much faster, and it would help the pack start to gain some momentum. He was eager to get things moving! He gave Taia another once over, happy to find her looking healthy and fit. Yes, she would make a wonderful addition to their ranks. He made a mental note to fetch her for a patrol sometime in the coming weeks to check in, if they didn't bump into one another earlier than that of course. She struck him as a wolf with potential.

"Talk" "You" Think

Taia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
01-13-2016, 12:51 PM

Her tail’s slight wag grew to change its pace when he offered her a home within his pack, stating that they had a rank for her interests. Hunting and being a scholar. She supposed that hunting should be her primary, being known back home for her hunting skills and always taking an interest in the hunt. However, the interest in scholarship was not one she would easily ignore. Perhaps she could hunt as her primary achievement, her rank, and perhaps pop in and talk with some who held the scholar rank and learn a bit more. She was a sucker for knowledge in truth. “I am known back home for my hunting skills though the rank for scholar intrigues me as well… we never had a rank for such things where I have come from… what do they do?” She mused with a soft smile.

Mithras

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
player
01-13-2016, 01:18 PM

MITHRAS AERIS
She would claim to be known as a hunter, and Mithras nodded, making note of it. Tests could come later, he would take her word for it now. She would also question him about their scholar ranks, and an odd sort of pride bloomed in his chest, happy to see her interest in a broad spectrum of fields. "You're more than welcome to attend any lesson held by anyone at any time, as are all wolves. As for our scholars, they are in charge of maintaining our histories, myths, and legends. They teach religion and will preferably know about many different gods and culture. We're looking for well travelled monks and bards, any scholar of any order." In his mind he pictured grand lectures famed across the land that wolves from leagues around would race to attend. He pictured them hosting a panel of famed minds and notable figures, a summit of no equal... Some day. But it was wolves like Taia who would make the building blocks. "Well, it sounds like you're a good fit for the School of the Polemistis. I'll bring you in at the Meso rank pending you help get others in the pack moving, alright? Show me what you got!" He smiled and raised a brow at her, hoping she would live up to his admittedly high expectations. It was his hope to see frequent interactions and lessons between all his members, and this was just the first step of many.

"Talk" "You" Think

Taia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
01-13-2016, 03:34 PM

Carefully she listened as he explained that she could attend any lessons, and the role that scholars played in the pack. She gave a soft smile in return, the one that had held across her face for the entire meeting, as she spoke. “I’d still like my rank to be a hunter, but if the scholars are interested, we have many traditions from my homeland… even a religion and a language. I’d be happy to share with them.” She offered lightly, knowing the religion and beliefs that had been ingrained in her, ones that she found herself believing, from her childhood, knowing it like the back of her paw.

She gave a confident grin as he inclined, encouraging her to get everyone else in the pack moving. She always loved a challenge, now didn’t she? “It would be my pleasure.” She responded before adding her final piece. “Thank you, Mithras… I shall go find these new packmates of mine then…” She offered as she looked around, eager to explore the lands.

Mithras

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
player
01-14-2016, 09:12 PM

MITHRAS AERIS
She was very clear that she was interested in the scholars as well and Mithras chuckled, writing a strong mental note so that he'd remember her once the scholars took up their ranks. It would be good to have some mixing of the ranks! She would go on to offer a contribution and he smiled for his own reasons. "New languages you say? This tongue isn't my own either. Zvucite na moeto detstvo, sekogaš ḱe imaat moeto srce." She looked tot he horizon, and mentioned a want to join her new packmates. He smiled and nodded.  "Well, welcome to Argead, then! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you settle in." He turned, eager to give her the space to settle in if that was what she wanted. He'd try to check in on her in a few days after she'd had a chance. He left with a flourish of a tail, before disappearing into the grasses.

-fade out-

(Hover for translation)
"Talk" "You" Think