ardent

A New Life

Spencer

gems
size
build
player
01-19-2016, 06:25 AM
The cool, crisp air surrounded the man's pelt as crows danced above the night sky. The smell of a decaying carcass weighed heavily upon the brute's nostrils as his eyes sparkled and seemed to illuminate from the starlight that glistened and danced above him. His pelt helped him keep warm in the bits of snow that stayed surrounding the landscape; but the Spring would be much more enjoyed once he was leaving the North.

He had not known what had become of his sister, Marina. They were both close, and, somehow, life always had a way of separating the two no matter what the circumstance. His lobes would perk forward when he could hear the sounds of prey stomping about upon the snow below him, and he would snicker at the thought of a fresh dinner instead of scavenging for most of his time being separated from his sibling. His body ached at the chance of possibly getting a weak or ill deer, but, even the most weakest of prey can be a danger to someone, and, he would need to be careful if he were to strike at the opportunity for a decent meal.

The man made sure to stay in the shadows as much as possible. Though the darkness and the snow matched his pelt rather well, he wanted to make sure he didn't startle his meal away. He stayed low to the ground and waited for the right opportunity to strike.

Sunniva

gems
size
build
player
01-20-2016, 09:22 PM

Night suited this land, Sunniva thought. The North was a landscape coated in snow, though it was far softer and wetter with the temperatures rising in the spring. Sunniva didn’t particularly care for the slushier state of the snow, though she found the North far more welcoming than any of the other areas she had roamed. Her heart, no longer bogged down with burden, did not cry so much for her siblings. She might have missed them, yes, but no longer did she care to chase after them like some puppy. If their paths were meant to cross again so be it. Was that not how things had come to be since they entered Alacritia?

Though Sunniva wouldn’t deny seeing her siblings put a smile on her face. Particularly Aki, though Sabine was a welcome sight as well. Perhaps it was the yearning to find a place for herself, to carve out her own life, that had her drift wayward. She would still take every opportunity to mingle with her kin when they arose, but for now her destiny, she decided, was up in the air and it was time to find it.

Sunniva missed the frost. Missed the chill of the air. It was just warm enough in the North to be devoid of that... And Sunni hated it. But it left the prey growing stronger, healthier, on the flora that grew beneath the snow in different parts of the North. Here she was hoping to get a meal, tracking down an animal she’d wounded a little over half a day prior. She was in no rush, but as she trailed the animal she would become aware of another wolf’s scent.

It seemed he too had picked up on the dying animal, and her work, to make a meal for himself. Sunniva would not have minded sharing, so long as he knew the kill was rightfully hers. Picking up the pack through the slush, she sought this stranger out.

...and would at last see him. His body was low to the ground and her reindeer not far away. The creature was weak... Not yet dead but close to it. She’d smirk slightly to herself, sneaking up behind the stranger as quietly as she could considering the conditions. Then she’d speak, calling to him in a soft tone; “Hunter turned scavenger? My, what a sad sight. Or did you perhaps think he’d been injured by another bull?”

"Talk" "You" Think

Spencer

gems
size
build
player
01-20-2016, 09:35 PM
The brute did not happen to see the injured deer and thought of receiving his own. However, when he was about to attack, the sound of a voice echoed through his lobes which caused the brute to spring forward slightly from the shock of the unknown voice of the femme. His eyes shifted, his body turning to face the woman with a look of confusion in his eyes. What was she talking about? Had she attacked another deer in this herd that he had not taken notice in? He would give a gentle chuckle as he focused to the woman. "Ma'am, if you were here to hunt or already have a deer of your own in this harem behind me, I have not noticed. I was simply looking for a meal for myself, and somehow I'd not noticed the wounded deer or your scent for that matter."

He sat down upon the snow, his tail wrapping around his haunches as the sound of the deer's bellows reverberated throughout the forest. The man would sigh, eyes shifting to the woman before turning his cranium to focus on her eyes. "My name is Spencer. Spencer Agatsuma. May I ask your name if you're willing to give it?" After a couple of moments, he stood up and stayed in the shadows once again before turning back to her, "Perhaps I can help you with your wounded deer? The both of us are obviously seeking a meal. Why not take it down together?"

Sunniva

gems
size
build
player
02-04-2016, 11:13 AM

Hah! Either he was on the simple minded side or he honestly hadn’t paid attention to the potentially easy meal that had slipped right past his nose. Sunniva would try not to scoff in disbelief, and instead decided to study this man with her bright gaze. For a creature of monotone coloring he was a handsome devil. It was, perhaps, those green eyes that truly drew her in. As fresh and crisp as the new leaves of spring. Yet, even as they examined each other, the bellowing alarms of the deer would rise. Sunniva would let out a soft, amused chuckle.

He would introduce himself first, Spencer Agatsuma, before suggesting that they take down her deer together. Though it was originally just her prey since he was being nice about it she supposed she could allow him the honor of hunting with her. “Sounds fair enough. I’ll take you up on that offer.” Sunniva would shift her direction towards that of the herd, glancing at Spencer with a slight smirk upon her lips.

“The name is Sunniva Jarvela. Think you can keep up, Spence?” Her tone had a slightly teasing quality to it. Without waiting for an answer she’d set off, heading in the direction of the herd to find their quarry.

"Talk" "You" Think