Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
02-27-2016, 05:50 PM

Shilah didn't often pay attention to where his feet were taking him and he blinked in surprise, coming to a halt at a pack border. Shilah gracefully bent his head to test the scent. It was unfamiliar and…. sparse and not terribly varied. Whatever pack dwelt in these lands had to be quite small, very small. His ears pricked forward as he gazed into the lush vegetation of the valley. Even if he didn't want to admit he'd been feeling lonely and a bit lost this past year and it seemed his feet felt the same if they would lead him to a pack. Shilah coveted his freedom as a nomad and knew it was his calling but perhaps spending a few seasons in a pack would be good for him and if this pack were indeed as small as he suspected perhaps they could use a healer. He hadn't been able to make much use of his skills yet. This was a perfect opportunity and Shilah did believe that fate had lead him right up to this border for a reason. Tipping back his head he howled for the alpha.

"Speech"

Ren

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
keanai
02-27-2016, 06:07 PM
Another call. Another. A faint hope brightened his eyes, and the young alpha bolted towards the caller. He slid to a stop not far from Shilah and walked - elegantly he hoped - though excitement was clear in his eyes. He was going to let the pack fall... with his sister disappearing, especially, but with three wolves? That would restore his numbers to what they were before... oh, how that made him delighted. He smiled at the stranger. "Who are you, and what is your business here?" he questioned. It was proedure, almost, to ask those questions; they were quite important ones, after all.

Shilah I

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
02-27-2016, 06:18 PM

Shilah shifted his weight lightly from his left to his right and back again. He felt a bit of trepidation at joining a pack again and he had to admit he really didn't know anything of the pack his paws were resting near the border of. The nomad didn't have to wait long for a young man to answer his call. Was this the alpha? Shilah wasn't expecting one of such youth though he suppose it made some sense. A young man just starting his own pack perhaps?

The young man smiled at him and Shilah smiled back. "My name is Shilah, of the nomads. I belong to an order of traveling healers and warriors. Traditionally, when we are of age and a certain skill we settle with packs to put our skills to use and gain new knowledge. I was wondering, would you have room in your pack for another healer?"

"Speech"

Ren

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
keanai
02-29-2016, 04:15 PM
This man was so eloquent, so well-spoken and it was... nice. Very, very nice. Shilah, of the nomads? This made him even more curious of the man's background and culture, and that was cemented even more when he spoke of a tradition. Surprise flickered in the boy's eyes when Shilah offered to join, then a genuine joy. Controlling himself, he nodded briefly. "We have more than enough room, Shilah. My name is Ren Agatsuma, and I am the Imperator - alpha - of Borealis. You are more than welcome here. You will be tested, though, on your skills. Depending on the results of that will decide what rank you are. We're a somewhat militaristic pack, though our focus, if you call it that, is on honor. Honor is key here; if you have honor, then you will thrive."

Shilah I

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
02-29-2016, 06:04 PM

As Shilah had suspected the pack that lived on this land had room to spare. The boy introduced himself as Ren Agatsuma, the alpha of the pack Borealis. Ah, named after the northern lights? Ren stated that he would be tested and Shilah nodded. "Of course, Imperator, it is only fair." The pack was militaristic but Shilah would not judge. Like many of the nomads he was trained to fight as well as to heal so that he could protect his patience on a battlefield. Though, he did personally prefer times of peace and acts of aggression were outside his nature. Honor was a difficult word to define, it could mean very different things depending on the culture but Shilah felt he had enough to be of use to Borealis.

"I feel the nomads are an honorable people. We are just and honest and as such I must be honest with you young Imperator. It is customary for nomads to settle with a pack for several seasons, to teach and learn and assist in whatever way we are able. Though as the seasons change so must we. I wish to join your budding pack and help it bloom though there will come a time when I must leave and continue my journeys. I hope this is acceptable to you but if it is not I do understand."

"Speech"

Ren

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
keanai
03-07-2016, 07:54 PM
To be called by his title was an odd, albeit welcoming, feeling. It made him feel awkward, undeserving of that respect, but he was an alpha - he knew that technically he should be shown that respect; that only time should lesson the formality yet he so badly wanted to correct Shilah. But would that be wise? So the boy stayed silent, simply listening to the healer's words. He nodded slowly to his words. "I understand this - it makes sense. When the time comes and you feel that itch to travel again, just let me know and I will let you leave Borealis," the young alpha promised, dipping his head to Shilah. He would honor the older man's culture, his lifestyle, with ease.