Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
02-28-2016, 05:04 PM

Oh lord it was hot! Birna lay spread-eagle on her belly beneath the shade of a fragrant apple tree, dropping with its budding fruit. Her right ear twitched at a fly that was insistent on bugging her. With a snap she closed the pest in her jaws and swallowed before making a face. Ok, that was not very good at all. Blue eyes drifted to the sky as she watched the sun, grateful that she had the dusk patrol. She didn't want to be out and moving to much in this afternoon heat but the humidity in the air had her nervous. Getting to her feet she peered out from her resting spot to gaze at the towers of clouds building on the horizon.

""
[Image: 262ny8g.png]

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantFamousChristmas 2019Treat 2019Promptober 2019
02-28-2016, 06:10 PM

The heat and humidity today put her in an even more sour mood then usual. And her own heat did nothing to help. Summer had rolled around once again, bringing her bitter memories about last year, and only served as an irritating reminder. The Orchard was the place she frequented, her den was here and it was where she found solace and and privacy while her children were exploring the other territories and playing with the other kids in the pack. On top of that, she felt like half if not all the pack members here hated her. She knew they had something against her since Valentine had challenged for her, but still. Sonticus hadn't been the place for her.

Frowning, the large woman figured she ought to do something to get her mind off of things, that is until she came across a sprawled figure. Raising an inquisitive brow, Avalon stopped a few feet from the other woman. She had seen her in passing and during some training sessions, but she hasn't yet the chance to actually talk to her. "Can't stand the heat, huh?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Birna I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
02-28-2016, 06:25 PM

For the moment the air was still and Birna could not gauge what direction the storm might come from. The still air also only made the heat to feel that much worse. Panting she sad down and sighed. She missed the north. Birna was jolted out of her musing by the scent of a different kind of heat and she turned to see another woman approaching her. Yes, this was the woman Valentine had challenged for not long ago. Birna nodded and moved aside to make room for the other to join her under the shade. "Yes, I'm built for colder weather and this humidity is suffocating. I'm Birna Xanilov. I don't believe we've been formally introduced?"

""

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

02-28-2016, 07:47 PM

Avalon chuckled as the woman answered, dipping her head in thanks as she moved to take a seat in the shade. "I know what you mean. I was born and bred for the north as was my whole family. The lands down her are stifling hot." Regardless of her own uncomfortable feelings, she looked warmly upon Birna. "Avalon Ancora, it's nice to meet you, Birna." She offered a smile as her own gaze found the rolling clouds in the distance. She hoped there wouldn't be another storm...she was tired of mud and rain for once.

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Birna I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
02-28-2016, 07:54 PM

For the moment the air was still and Birna could not gauge what direction the storm might come from. Ah a fellow northerner! Well, at least she wouldn't suffer the heat alone. It was strange how the fates worked that two such as they should end up here. The woman introduced herself as Avalon Ancora. Ah, ok, now the name was starting to sound familiar. "How are you settling into Imperium, Avalon?" Her gaze shifted sideways to the older woman. She was unsure yet if the other harbored ill feelings at being taken from her home or if there was more in play than Birna realized. "Apart from the obvious heat of course. Are the pups settling as well?"

""

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

03-09-2016, 10:19 PM

"How are you settling into Imperium?" Avalon looked out over the horizon as she pondered. She supposed she was settling just fine. She bore no ill will towards Valentine for challenging for her, after all when they'd first met and talked she'd been indecisive about leaving her old pack. In the end, the decision had been made for her. And she had no regrets about the choice. "I've settled in fine, thank you. This is a much larger pack then I'm used to, but the only other pack that was remotely close in size was my birth pack."

She chuckled when she mentioned the heat. God she hated it, but in time she would either grow accustomed to it or do something else to change that. What the was she wasn't sure quite yet. "The children are settling fine. As far as they know, they were born here. I've not told them about Sonticus, though sometimes I wonder if I should. Asides from that, two of my sons; Gryphon and Kharnage fell ill, but are getting better. I trust you've met Dragon and Lykos? They like to wander, so if they've bothered you don't hesitate to let me know."
"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter

Birna I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
03-26-2016, 07:26 AM

Birna followed Avalon's gaze to the horizon. The heat seemed to make the air shimmer and the giantess stifled a sigh. She was ready for winter again. The other woman stated she'd settled in fine and Birna nodded at her comment about the size of the pack. "It does seem like Imperium is growing rapidly." She thought a moment about asking about Avalon's birth pack but she very much doubted the answer would mean anything to her. Birna had only been in Alacritia for a few years and hadn't got a solid feel of the political landscape. Not that it mattered much. It was always changing.

The children seemed to be doing well now and that was good. Birna had heard rumors that one had died shortly upon arriving but it was all very hushed and she didn't want to pry upon her first conversation with their recent recruit. She was glad to hear that the two sick ones were well again and she chuckled. "I've met Dragon, he's quite a spirited little fellow. I'm sure he keeps you on your toes!"

""