gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
Ehrgeiz
03-05-2016, 03:39 AM

Surely he would die soon if he didn't sleep. Stumbling around the edges of the hot springs, he had stopped looking for somewhere to sleep, and instead was looking for someone who could direct himt somewhere comfortable. He'd been to the springs plenty of times now, but he hadn't found anything satisfactory yet. But that's because he was sort of hard to please. Was there anywhere decent to rest? Grumbling to himself, he skirted the water, and headed for the farthest south pool, seating himself beside it. Perhaps he really ought to seek out Rivaxorus II. After all, the young male had led him here, and he knew the wolves better than Xeph. He must also know the best resting places by now. That's right, all he had to do was find Riv. He tilted back his head, calling to his friend with a deep, gravelly howl, hoping the younger male would appear soon. The rims of Xeph's eyes were red and irritated, clearly showing that he was exhausted, but he refused to show it yet - he had to find a recommendation of resting areas from his friend before he actually made himself a den and allowed himself to rest.

"Talk" "You" Think

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
03-06-2016, 02:30 PM

Sleepless nights would be the end of him, though it made it easier when he distracted himself. Working and more working - it almost seemed like he buried himself into the fighting and the political aspect of his job. It seemed though that his day would be distracted by a man that he had not spoken to in some time. Xephyris looked like he himself was having trouble sleeping, Rivaxorus hated to admit it was kind of funny to find the man in the same situation he was in. However he was certain it was for two completely different reasons. Riv put on a soft smile as he approached the other though.

"Having a hard time finding a place to rest?" Rivaxorus asked. He found himself comfortably placing himself beside Xephyris. Not too close, but close enough because he felt comfortable around his friend. Hopefully he wasn't intruding, not that a wolf in a bad mood ever really deterred the male anyway.

"Talk" "You" Think

Xephyris

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
Ehrgeiz
03-12-2016, 01:28 AM

Xephyris had resigned himself to staring out across the steaming pools of water as he waited, his eyes going out of focus as he sat there in silence. He didn't even notice the approach of his friend, and his heart jumped when Riv spoke - of course, with hard practice, Xeph's muscles stiffened and he hardly showed that he had startled, expect for the slight raise of hair at the back of his neck. He turned his head slowly to face the young male, his eyes shifting to meet the two-toned gaze of his friend. He stood, tipping his head in a polite greeting to the male. Then he chuckled, a toothy grin pulling back his lips as he realized what Riv had said to him.

"Indeed, this land's a bit strange to me," he rumbled in agreement, nodding his head, "Haven't found the right resting place yet. Ehrm, I... was hoping you'd come. Haven't seen you in a bit." Just then his tired, delirious eyes noticed that his friend looked weary as well, like he hadn't got a good night's sleep in some time. He wondered what was eating away at the young man. Perhaps he'd get a chance to ask, although right now he was just tempted to just hunker down and nap right next to the water. Giving his head a good shake, he steeled himself against his exhaustion and focused on the conversation, as he was curious what Riv had been up to since they'd come to Fiori.

"Talk" "You" Think

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
03-21-2016, 03:12 AM

Seemed like his comrade was having a hard time adjusting. These lands were pretty luxurious, it was golden coming from a boy born in the north. The cold walls of the ship were what his body was used to. Then, the desert, and it went over. So perhaps he was malleable enough to adjust to just about any environment around him. Though he missed his home in the willows. Rivaxorus sighed, it was audible enough but he ignored his emotional pain. There wasn't much use crying over things he didn't control.

"Well I wouldn't fall asleep there if I were you, you might slip into the water easily." Rivaxorus gave a small smile. "I'm sorry I haven't sought you out, family drama. Also me and Zephyra are mates now so I suppose that's some news. Of course being archduke keeps me busy.... I'm hoping to make our pack before I turn two years old but that would also be asking a bit much." Rivaxorus looked towards the sky. "How have things been with you? Of course other than having trouble finding a good denning place... I could always help you with that as well."

"Talk" "You" Think

Xephyris

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
Ehrgeiz
04-03-2016, 10:10 PM

A grin parted his maw as the younger man joked that he probably shouldn't fall asleep there near the water. It was indeed a good yet obvious piece of advice; Xephyris was glad that the young male had interrupted him from dozing off near the hot pools of water. Even if he didn't fall in, it still didn't seem like the greatest idea. It was simply too humid around here to get any good sleep, and one could acquire a respiratory infection if they stayed too long in the hot steam. As Riv went on to apologize for not seeking him out sooner, Xephyris merely shrugged and shook his head. No matter, he could take care of himself. "Family business is important, I know it comes before anything else," he murmured in response, quieting again so he could listen further.

He couldn't help the twitch at the tip of his tail when Rivaxorus mentioned that he had claimed a mate - his feelings were mixed about such a match, as his impression of Zephyra was not exactly favorable. But if the man loved her, then there was nothing he could say, so instead he would nod in acknowledgement. And mutter a brief word, "Congratulations," he rumbled, grinning slightly. Now he knew he must hold Zephyra in higher regard than ever, hard as it may be. Both Riv and Zeph were young, so their commitment to one another was a big deal, something that didn't happen often.

Then mention of Riv's plans for his own pack came out. Xephyris had always imagined that Riv would work towards leadership, since that very first mention of it when they'd met seasons ago. Riv had asked Xephyris, hypothetically at the time, if he would follow. He hadn't been sure back then, but he was now. His curiosity obviously piqued, his gray and white brows would raise, a smirk crossing his maw. "At last, you're seeking the power you've always been drawn to," he said with great approval in his tone, "Have you thought of a name for your pack? Where will we set up base? And who else will be amongst us? Zephyra, of course, but who else?" He was so interested now that he could hardly answer the younger man's question as how he'd been lately - the answer would be horridly boring compared to what Rivaxorus would tell him next.

"Talk" "You" Think