gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
04-10-2016, 12:43 AM

Leo crossed Fiori's border and made his way further into the delta that made up the land neighboring his own. For the first time since Svetlana's disappearance he wasn't out here specifically looking for her. That was something that was always at the back of his mind now, but his mission today was much more focused on Fiori. Those were his only two focuses these days, Fiori and Svetlana. And his children and family of course, but for him that was simply a given. He took a winding path through the delta, following the twists and turns of the branching river that tore through the area.

What he was here for today was to see what kind of wildlife and prey made their home here. He knew that this place had been the home of a pack once before so he was sure it was habitable, but he wanted to compare it to the hot springs that currently made up half of their territory. He hadn't wanted to move the pack at all when he took it over from his mother just to avoid bothering her, but it had worried him for a while now that they had half of their land taken up by an area that wasn't all that helpful. The water wasn't drinkable, prey didn't linger there much. It was lovely and great for relaxing, but not much else. That's why he was here, accessing the other lands around the mangroves.

He hummed thoughtfully and looked around, his sapphire gaze glancing from the trees that spotted the strips of more solid land between the strips of river. There seemed to be a wide variety of birds and he imagined there must be fish here as well. It could be an option...

"Talk" "You" Think

Arivae

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
04-11-2016, 12:33 AM
http://i58.tinypic.com/erddnk.jpg" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="25" style="width:650px; border:1px solid #3cf6ff; background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#001e00">

This encounter will be super ironic. Leo was looking for places that had more food, yeah? Well, Arivae had come to this lovely delta for that reason. To fetch some food to snack on. She'd been here before and she had noticed the lovely assortment of birds that flew overhead. Many in which landed about, just asking to become lunch. So here she was now, lying in the grass with an almost untouched dead eastern bluebird between her paws. It was plump and she wanted to eat immediately, but a familiar wolf had stopped her mid-bite. When she saw him, Arivae took the kill gently between her jaws and trotted over to him, her tail wiggling and bouncing with each stride.  "Hey there, Leo!" She greeted with a lopsided grin, her eyes bright with interest.  "What brings you out here?" The girl stopped a few feet away from him and lifted her head, trying to seem larger. Compared to him she looked like a puppy... how ridiculous, in front of her friend and king.

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
04-11-2016, 01:31 AM
Leo's mismatched ears perked and his head turned curiously when he caught Arivae's scent and heard the sound of paws coming toward him. Sure enough, he spotted the smaller woman and it brought a little smile to his face. It was so good to see Arivae out and about once again. He knew she had been seriously struggling with an illness for quite a while now. At least now it seemed that she was feeling better. His brows raised with interest when he saw the bird between her jaws. Well! What good timing! Perhaps this land was good for hunting after all.

He grinned a little at her greeting, his tail wagging slowly behind him. Hello, Arivae! I'm actually doing a little bit of scouting... I'm thinking about moving Fiori's territory a little. I don't think the hot springs really benefit us very much. I thought maybe the delta would offer a better source of food at least. Which it seems that's the case since it seems you've caught yourself a little something!" He was a little hesitant to fill her in on his whole reason for being here since he didn't want to worry the rest of Fiori with these matters till he made a decision, but he considered Arivae a friend and he honestly needed someone to bounce his ideas off of. Svetlana had been that someone, but now that she was gone he desperately needed a second opinion.

Arivae

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
04-11-2016, 10:58 PM
http://i58.tinypic.com/erddnk.jpg" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="25" style="width:650px; border:1px solid #3cf6ff; background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#001e00">
This made sense! Arivae had been to the springs several times before in search of food and had only come back with a full belly once or twice. It was rather disappointing, but she hadn't thought of bringing it up with Leo. She had convinced herself it was just a phase. So seeing him out here scouting about for new land was quite relieving. The girl was pretty scrawny after all. It wasn't like she needed bulk. Maybe a tad bit more food for a good energy flow.. nothing more. Arivae grinned with the bird still clenched between her jaws as Leo finished. With a small nod, she dropped the feathered creature between her forepaws and smiled. "Yeah? I think Kamui is perfect." She looked around at the trees, the water, the grass. This place didn't only provide more food, it provided a beautiful scenery. "I've noticed there are a lot birds and little critters running around here. I can imagine there are fish in the river, too." She glanced over at the water and eyed it curiously. She's never seen the fish, but is was very likely the stream consisted of at least a few. Arivae didn't really know if Leo had wanted her two cents on this place, but why not, right? Her friend needed some advice, so advice she would provide.

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
04-18-2016, 03:09 AM

It was comforting to hear Arivae confirm his thoughts about the delta. Focusing on Fiori and his duties as an alpha had become his way of coping and it only helped when he saw signs that what he was doing was really good for the pack. He smiled at her comments and nodded in agreement as his tail wagged. It was a relief to have someone to bounce his ideas off of again. It was taking some time, more time than he would like, but slowly he was beginning to realize that his family and his friends were as there for him as Svetlana had been. He'd had a support system this whole time and it was only now that he was beginning to realize it. "Wonderful, I'm so glad you agree," he commented with a grin. "I'll have to scout it out a bit more just to be sure before I decide... But I certainly think it has more to offer than the hot springs."

"Talk" "You" Think