size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantFamousChristmas 2019Treat 2019Promptober 2019
04-10-2016, 10:00 PM

It had been a while since she'd been this way. But the time was drawing closer to the day she would claim this land for her own. She stood tall, snowflakes lightly dotted her coat as amber gaze surveyed the lands. Taking a deep breath, she stepped lightly as her form made its way across the snow along the ancient river bed. She wasn't entirely sure yet what her plans were, but she still had time to think on it. She knew she wanted to rebuild, to restore the name that had once been desecrated and torn. To rebuild a world where they live in peace, and fight for themselves and their survival when it came down to it. She had a vision, but there was still time yet to see it come to life.

"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
04-17-2016, 01:43 AM

The north sent the man's skin to crawl. He was so close to death here he could taste it. That in which marked his eye was like a big red target. Vereux pushed himself along with his toes into the snow. His nose twitched and single eye becoming more aware of his surroundings. The male shut his eye for a moment as he came along the larger ladies side. He personally was wondering what she was doing out here. Curious, but never had the guts to ask just yet.

“It's weird.... I was born near here.” he whispered for a moment. It was weird, both he and Avalon had grown up in Glaciem - not the same one but the name itself was connected. “Did I tell you Yfir wants to kill me.” Vereux's green eye turned so that he could see the lady. His chest dragged in a shaky breath. His uncomfortably was shown, but he was here - because he'd be where Avalon was within a moments notice.

“I speak”

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

04-17-2016, 01:56 AM

The sound of another approaching caused her to turn her head, amber gaze finding the familiar form of her friend. A light smile touched her lips as he stopped and spoke. So he was born around here too? "So was I. In the pines, living with my family in Glaciem. It was far different then your father's version. It was...peaceful." Indeed, their lives had been far different when they were both kids, but now here they stood, connected in some ways.

His later comment would bring her to raise a brow, a focused and stern look on her face. What was he talking about? Yfir? "Why do you think that? For leaving them?" She didn't know much about Yfir, except that they were seldom messed with if at all. She did not count them out in her plans of claiming northern lands either, but she'd yet to tell the man anything about her plans. Perhaps she'd get the chance today though...if only to distract his thoughts about the vikings.

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
04-17-2016, 02:07 AM

The vikings were not soft wolves, he made his vows and then vanished into thin air. There was no doubt he had waited too long, by now if they found him they would take him as a slave or kill him. For that, that was the cause for his anxiety. He forced himself to breath easy. Perhaps it wasn't safe for him to tell her, but she had to know eventually. “I vowed myself as a warrior to them - I was washed away by a storm and because of that I never returned. Since last time.....” he looked down. “In the best case scenario, they would enslave me.” Vereux sighed. “I'm sorry - I wish I had known your glaciem.”

Life would probably have been a better quality for him. The prince grew up prideful - he grew to be kind. However pain followed suit where ever he went. He smiled softly, Avalon though. Vereux didn't easily grow attached to wolves, especially those not part of his family. He raised his head, he cursed to his shivering in the snow. Trying to sit so that maybe he could control it better. “I wish I could be a stronger wolf for you.” he said. Friend or not - he wanted her to be safe.

“I speak”

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

04-17-2016, 02:26 AM

She listened quietly as he told her the reason. In her mind, if it was something he had no control over, then it wasn't his fault. As for not returning, that was his choice. If he wasn't happy where he was, then shouldn't he be free to go if he wanted? She knew if she had been in a pack that she was unhappy in, she would leave. "It was beyond your control, and if you didn't go back then you weren't happy there. It's your choice where you go and how you live." She pressed her nose against his shoulder to try and reassure him. She could sense his distress, and while she knew why, she didn't believe that he had to live in fear.

"You won't be a slave." She sat straight, peering at him. "Perhaps you'll get to see how my birth pack was." She turned her gaze out over the old river bed again, a light smile spreading. "I intend to claim this place, and the place of my birth very soon. Maybe then, you'll find a place where you can grow strong." She knew she had become stronger, even after Newol had broken her trust, made her afraid to fall in love, she would use patience and good judgment this time. Which was exactly what she was already doing.

"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
04-17-2016, 02:36 AM

Her reassurance made him snap his attention towards her again. He felt himself breath a little bit easier, maybe he just couldn't imagine himself being happy. For the single reason bad luck followed him everywhere. Even if he could heal her when she was sick, if that's where his place stood so be it. Avalon's opinion about a pack sounded like heaven, he just knew Katja would think otherwise. At the first sign that she would be in danger, he might think of giving himself up for her own safety.

Though her last sentence, made his eye go wide. His ears perked up and he felt his mouth open a little. She intended to.... what? Had he heard her correctly? That and what she said almost sounded like an invitation. “Avalon I....” he started to cry. Wiping away his eye quickly. “You shouldn't be so kind. I just made up my mind that I'd stay by your side even if it kills me.” he clenched his teeth together.

“I speak”

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

04-17-2016, 03:16 AM

She glanced at him when he spoke. Noting his surprise as he understood what she had said. Yes, it was an invitation. And seeing him cry made him look vulnerable, but she'd been in his place many times, she understood all too well. "Kindness is something my father taught me. Despite all the hardships I've been through, being kind is written in my code. Allow me to help you start a new chapter, Vereux. We've led different lives, we were born in different worlds, but we understand each other." That much she believed.

She leaned into him to comfort the male, he seemed so tired of it all. And so was she. Soon, her long awaited journey would come to a close, a new chapter waiting to begin very soon. "Will you walk with me? Help me build what was lost. We can start a new chapter then. What do you think?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
04-17-2016, 03:42 AM

Oh gods above, could he pray to them now. As Avalon spoke it almost felt as if he would never live up to her standards. As she leaned into him, Vereux wouldn't be able to help himself. Clenching his jaw together his head pressed into her chest. The warmth of another wolf was something he hadn't felt in years, it mattered the most that it was her. Of all wolves, the comfort given by her was not easily received and he would forever be thankful for that.

“I am no king, but for you I'd walk to the ends of the earth.” vereux whispered carefully. Trying to calm his body. He was so tempted to say those three words, as his eye closed silently. It wasn't the right time, as much as he wanted to express his feelings. “Thank you.” he settled into her. Furrowing his eyebrows he spread his toes into the snow. The snow... didn't feel so cold now did it?

“I speak”

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

04-17-2016, 11:13 PM

She smiled as he leaned into her. She hadn't allowed anyone to get this close since Newol and her own children, but that was a year ago. The realization at how much time had passed, and how fast it had passed, hit. But she was over it now, and it didn't hurt anymore as much as it used to. At his mention that he was no king made her chuckle, the woman tilting her head down to peer at him. "You don't need to be a king. You're fine just the way you are, you know. A title doesn't define you."

In that moment she realized how tense he felt, and the woman would lightly bump his shoulder. "Please, don't be so tense around me. There's no need to be, we're friends walking a similar road, you can trust me, and I can trust you." Friends they were now, but it would grow into something more down the road. She was fond of the male, and as much as she wanted to get closer then they were, she wanted to be careful and completely sure she was doing the right thing.
"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
04-18-2016, 12:27 AM
Friends almost felt like a nice word. He knew he could love a friend, but he was also afraid that if he didn't let her know how he felt now he would never get the chance. Vereux tried to relax himself, taking in a breath as well as her words. He didnt need a title, but what more could he do. He would heal her and her children no matter the cost. He looked at avalon for a moment with his eye.

"Avalon, one day would you consider me more than a friend?" He asked softly. "I know both of us have a lot to think about, but I love you." Vereux breathed, he got it off his chest at least. He was okay if she wasn't ready he really wouldn't change much of how he acted around her. After all it wouldn't break their friendship.

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

04-18-2016, 01:56 AM

His question brought her to think, and she did think for a long moment. He didn't need to say more, but he did and the question was both shocking and surprising. She figured that he felt that way for a while, but she had been more reserved about the topic. She'd been so broken about Newol because of what he'd done, but she knew she couldn't keep her life on hold forever because of it. "Vereux I..." She didn't know what to say. She didn't want to hurt him, but she didn't feel quite ready just yet.

Closing her eyes, she thought for a moment before answering. "I've had the suspicion about your feelings for a while now but...I don't think I'm ready yet..." would he understand? She didn't want to push him away because of her reluctance with falling in love. Sighing, she opened her eyes and looked at him. "There are things you should know. Why...why I'm so hesitant..."

"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
04-18-2016, 02:10 AM

He felt content, no matter how things were going. As she spoke, she told him she wasn't ready. It made Vereux's grin soften, it remained though. As he gave a small chuckle. “I figured your answer would be this way as well.” his tail flicked a bit. It didn't change the fact they were friends. He wouldn't deny his feelings, but he would give her space and time of course. As she explained that he should know why she was so hesitant he looked at the snow.

“I think you should know something like that about me as well.” he said looking into the distance. “I... at one point was deeply and utterly in love with my sister. Athena Armada. We had an open relationship at that, I even married her and her current wife Amalia adravendi - Arian's sister - together. We have four sons.... they'd be about three years old by now.” he laughed a bit bitterly. “I wasn't involved in their lives though. After I was kidnapped with Arian and taken as a slave - when I came back the damage from me not being there caused Amalia to send me away. I won't say I never loved Athena..... but I..... was always." he narrowed his eyes. “I've moved on, yet at the time I thought it was so unfair. I suppose from the start amalia and athena belonged together - I didn't get to see the rough times and the good times with my sons. I can't even call myself their father. I've always been afraid to get close to... just about anyone.” he looked towards her. Many could take unkindly to incest - so there was no telling what Avalon's reaction would be.

“I speak”

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

04-19-2016, 04:29 AM

His response made her a little sad, but she was glad that he understood. "I'm sorry..." She murmured before looking at her paws. When he began to speak again, she looked at him as he told her his story. She was surprised when he said he had fallen in love with his sister, and while it was normal to some, she was never fond of the thought of mating with your own kin. It just...didn't seem right. And then the thought of having two partners at once was even more bizarre! Still, she listened quietly and wouldn't question it. It was in the past, and she didn't think it necessary really, to bring up old history.

He had children too, with his sister which was...odd. But again, she wouldn't ask. When he finished, she looked thoughtful for a moment before speaking. "It's OK you know. I'm not going to judge you. We often can't control who we fall in love with, which brings me to say that I had fallen in love with a selfish man a few years ago. Last year, we found each other after not having seen each other for three or so years...I think I was so desperate to fall in love, I rushed head first into something I had no clue about. I thought we had something...but..." She sighed, her ears lightly pinning to her head.

"After a couple of weeks of seeing each other, we became mates. And shortly after the pups were born, he disappeared...I don't know where he went, or why, but I was left to raise them on my own. I have four boys, one of whom you met. Dragon, Lykos, Gryphon, and Kharnage. They're wonderful boys, and I believeI did a fine job raising them on my own, but I wonder what could have been different if Newol had stayed." Looking at Vereux then, she frowned a little. "It's because of him that I'm afraid. I never saw myself as a single mother, I don't want it to happen again."

Art||Plotter

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
04-19-2016, 04:43 AM

HOME

He was content with sharing their stories with each other. In fact it made them feel.... a little closer. Something that he longed for all the same. It took him a lot to realize it was so difficult for him to interact outside of his family. He didn't suppose he could blame that on his mother and father. After all, his mother had left his father for another man. His eye ached thinking about the stormy night he helped carried her pups while in so much pain. The though made his ears twitch. After Avalon finished her story, he looked at her with an apologetic look. “I'm sorry that happened to you Avalon.” he of all wolves though. Had never left a woman on his own accord.

“I always saw myself struggling so hard to get back to my family..... I only wished I had been stronger. Back then Arian was.... well she wasn't like she was now. I'd never seen a wolf with so much fire in her eyes when she told me we were getting out.” he supposed it was bad to center the conversation around her. It had been some time since her death, he just regretted yelling at her as their last conversation. “I can't.... I could never do that to you.” his eyes furrowed. “I would rather die than leave your side, no one else in the world matters that much to me anymore. And I'd walk to the ends of the earth to find any herb in the world to make sure your boys were well again were they to get sick.” he looked away for a moment.

“Time hasn't done us well, but I guess that's what brought us together. Gladly Avalon, I'd follow you.” He smiled and leaned against her. For the time being, close friends. Her heart wouldn't be wasted, and he certainly hoped that his time on this planet granted him enough to make at least this portion of her life a happy one. His motivation had come back, he felt it well within his heart. An Armada's blood, but the kind that would never give out anything but kindness, and strength.

“I speak”

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

04-19-2016, 03:16 PM

She flicked her ears when he apologized to her. It wasn't his fault, it was hers. She didn't need pity or apologies either, but she was comforted knowing someone understood. She listened to him talk about his family, and the thought of willingly staying away without making the effort disturbed her. It wasn't her place to tell him what to do, but she couldn't help what came next. "I think you should try and mend the relationships with your children. Whether they forgive you or not, at least you'll have the comfort of knowing that you tried."

Arian though? Avalon had known her as an alphess, and she felt like her sister had tried too hard for everyone else without considering the consequences on herself or the consequences that some of her decisions had affected the pack as well. She didn't know if it was because she was afraid, or if it was because of something else at the time. But it was done and over with.

Vereux would go on to say he would do anything for her and her children, and in a way she felt relieved. Not only was she taking the time to get to know him on a deeper level, but she was taking her time instead of rushing into something else. A year had passed though...that wasn't rushing, was it? She pulled out of the thought when he leaned against her, and while they were just close friends for now, she felt content that he was here with her, supportive and willing to be with her when she was ready.

"Thank you Vereux, for your support. I see you're a very loyal man, and I promise I'll try not to make you wait too long." She smiled and leaned down to gently lick his cheek. Truth be told, she craved affection. She liked showing how much she cared, and in time she hoped he would know how much she truly cared. While in imperium though, well...she would have to talk to valentine most likely. But he'd been scarce lately too. On that thought, "Vereux, I plan on rebuilding Glaciem the way my father had it. But I'm afraid I'm a little hesitant...my father was a great alpha, what if I can't live up to his legacy? You were a king once, so...I need your advice." She looked at him, a worried look in her gaze.
"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
04-19-2016, 10:20 PM

Try not to make him wait too long? Vereux could wait until the world froze over. It was the fact that he was content doing what she wanted. As she licked the side of his cheek he felt somewhat odd. When he was with Athena if had been him who was the more affectionate one, then again their family had never been truly affectionate. Their dad was a tyrannic leader hated collectively by most wolves across the lands. It was a funny thought, at one point he had wanted to be like him. Now he despised the thought of his mother and father.

Avalon was worried about not living up to her fathers legacy? He could scold her all she wanted now, after all having a pack was no worrying on who you were like. It was what you could do for it. Yes he had been a king for a short amount of time. He was the son of an alpha who bore many children - in many eyes he was evil but successful. Like Valentine seemed to have that reputation at one point, at least when he spoke to other wolves he did. Vereux shifted.

“It isn't about your father's legacy Avalon. It's important to know while recreating his pack, that you run it to your legacy. As one chapter closes you said, it is your turn. I was never a good king for the reason I spent my time TRYING to be my father. Me and Athena both.” he said smiling softly towards her. “You will have a lot of wolves depend on you, it's up to you to guide them and teach them like a mother to your children. A pack is a statuary, but also a home - a place to find yourself and live.” At least that's how he saw it. From as many packs he had left and been in, which he had really tried. He knew that it wasn't easy, but Avalon could do it.

“Vereux” “Avalon”

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

04-20-2016, 12:38 AM

She sat and thought for a long while, after listening to what he said. True enough, it made sense. She spent her whole life on the thought that she wanted to rebuild what her father once had, and if that was exactly what Vereux had already tried to do and failed, well...maybe it wasn't a good idea to do it solely based on that. But rather, what she wanted. What was best for those she wanted to protect and for those she wanted to give a home to so they could grow. She had no experience being an alpha, but wasn't there a first for everything? Arian, Valentine, Vereux, and even herself all had parents who were alphas before them, but they had all worked to get to where they were, and they all learned how to lead on their own.

“You're right.” She muttered. The woman stood then, gently moving past Vereux until she stood on the bank overlooking the dried out river bed, the marble reflecting the sun light. She stared at the shifting colors, almost as if the world were calling her forward. Would her path as a leader be like the beautiful shifting colors? Bright and solid? Or wouldit be something more dark and misguided full of obstacles she might not be able to overcome?

No. She had to believe she could do it. She didn't come this far just to give up. She had to at least try.   “Even though I'm afraid, I know I won't be able to go forward unless I try. I've been thinking about this for a long time. I can't go back now.” Turning towards Vereux again, she faced him and gently pressed her nose against his. A warm smile crossing her features.   “Thank you, for believing in me while I was doubting myself.”

“Vereux” “Avalon”

Art||Plotter

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
04-21-2016, 12:11 AM

When the larger woman stood and went past him, he forced himself to rise as well. A bit in awe as he watched her looking over the waterbed. Something about it just made his stomach turn. Not in a way that was bad though, just the sheer excitement made him curl his tail. Watching carefully as she spoke. Calmly acquiring to him that he was correct. His single emerald eye blinked.... he was? That was a first, usually everything coming out of him was never taken seriously. As much as he tried to speak his mind.

As she turned back towards him. He felt her nose press against his own, a mild splash of cold hitting him. It wasn't so bad though, the affection was met with a proper thank you. Vereux was almost in a wave of emotions, he knew that he had said it before, and she had something to say about her kindness. However, he couldn't help but to feel.... a little strange. Never had anyone in his life appreciated him so much - or at least that was how he thought of things.

“Well I am here to support you Avalon, no matter the situation that may be presented.” he said with a soft smile. She would create a powerful pack no doubt, and perhaps he would finally find a place he could call his home. To spend the rest of his days.

“Vereux” “Avalon”