gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Tealah
08-16-2014, 09:15 AM

She had been in Alacritia for nearly a year now, and the favorable spring conditions were giving away to unbearable heat. Never before had her birth season been so miserable, and she felt strange this season. Little did the tempest know she was in heat and that males would be lining up to mate with her and for her to bear their children. If she was to bear any wolf's children, it would be Quintus' children... Wait, what? It was all awkward to her... she wanted to have children. Of all wolves of her litter -- she wanted to have babies. Babies was a new thing to her. She had seen and mothered many wolves in Abaven already... but raising her own was a foreign subject... Would Bass approve? A quiet howl would sound, only meant for Quintus to hear. "Quintus... I need to ask you something..." Her feeble voice would sound as he arrived, if he even would answer her call. Mismatched gems awaited to see that russet mask, and to hear his voice her auditories waited.

Quintus

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
08-17-2014, 03:06 PM

Harmony's company intrigued him in a way he found difficult to understand. She was sweet and pleasant, so different from his own haughty and slightly detached demeanor. For the most part, he had avoided seeing her, rather stubbornly independent despite his obvious enjoyment in her presence. Still he hadn't fully branched out into Abaven, and hardly knew anyone besides Harmony and Bass, aside from seeing others in passing and at meetings -- perhaps he ought to try to change that soon?

He was quiet as he traversed his new home territory, restless but unsure what exactly he wanted to occupy his time with. The day was new and the air was comfortably warm, and he found himself drifting toward Harmony's familiar scent. Her voice came before he spotted her, and his ears would swivel on his head, his pace quickening only slightly. "Yeah?" he asked gently, voice curious and confused at the same time. It was strange that she would call him at all, and he wondered why she had thought to seek him out.

Harmony

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Tealah
08-17-2014, 04:23 PM

And so he would come, though it seemed he had already been making his way toward the mocha cloaked tempest. Mismatched gems shimmered at the sight of his russet mask, yet she had to turn away, thinking of how she should put her feeling. "Well... Happy birthday to you... now that it's summer and all..." What would Quintus think of that? Had his parents ever celebrated his birth a year later? His history was so muddled and such, even the girl didn't know what to make of it. How could she lead up to her question without it being... awkward. In all truth, the pearly tempest didn't even know if she was ready to ask... 'But if I don't ask now, I'll never muster the bravery to ask again, but how can I put it so Quintus doesn't think I'm a crazy lady.' Mismatched gems absently gazed about the scenery, her mouth musing the sound of 'Um...' for a great while before she would finally speak. "I don't know if this is what other females call heat... but... I kind of... want to have... like... puppies. But I don't know how to make them..." Instantly blood rushed to her cheeks, a blush staining her cheeks, as mismatched gems turned away from the sea-green gaze of the man.

Quintus

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
08-19-2014, 10:21 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2014, 10:21 PM by Quintus.)

There was a hint of glimmering curiosity in his gaze, wondering what she needed him for. It was strange for her to call him at all, and her presence had seemed just as scarce as his own lately. Ears would swivel atop his skull as he turned to face her more fully. "And happy birthday to you too," he said with a gentle nod, grinning slightly in her direction. It was strange to think that he was now two years old -- where had time gone?

Her next comment took him by surprise. His jaw would unhinge slightly, confusion slipping over his boyish features. She wanted to have children? He felt a warmth spreading in his cheeks and felt his heart beating strangely in his chest. "Oh," he said simply, his words awkward and forced. "I see." And why was she bringing this up to him? Suddenly he noticed that her scent was sweeter now, far more intoxicating than before.. he felt his skin crawl as he considered her words and realized what she was talking about. "So.. what are you planning on doing?" Quintus had never really thought about having children, and it surprised him that Harmony was considering it already.

Harmony

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Tealah
08-20-2014, 07:16 AM

Blood flushed to her cheeks as embarassment washed over her whilst the russet masked boy would reply -- he seemed just as awkward about it as she. Perhaps they weren't ready to have children yet -- they didn't even know how to make them. Being in heat was such a terrible thing, but she hadn't expected it to have her desire to have children with somebody, and that somebody happened to be Quintus. "I'm sorry... It's just... being in heat... is entirely new to me... I-I don't really know what to do about my want to be a mother and to have you be the father. It's too early yet, isn't it?" Thoughtfully she would tip her crown up slightly, mismatched gems peering up at the boy who stood at the same height as the mocha cloaked tempest. Would he want to have and parent children with her? Or would she have to deal with heat for the entirity of summer: the season of miserable heat in the eastern lands.

Quintus

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
08-22-2014, 09:06 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2014, 09:07 AM by Quintus.)

Quintus Nero hadn't spent much time thinking about mating, and he'd spent even less time thinking about children. Women, of course, were something frequently on the mind of most men his age... but he'd spent a good portion of his life alone thus far, and hadn't been presented with the opportunity to truly consider wanting to be intimate with a girl. Hell, he'd hardly even flirted with one. Slowly his nose would wrinkle, confusion flashing over his features, a slight look of panic in his sea-green stare.

She wanted to have children.. with him? Weren't wolves supposed to get to know one another first? He always saw a bit of romance being involved before things were official, and certainly before children. Truly, he felt like a child himself; he could hardly imagine having to raise children of his own. The brute found himself frowning slightly but he quickly grew serious, though the slightly bewildered look remained in his eyes. "Aren't you kinda young?" he would ask abruptly, his words hesitant for the typically brash man. This was not a subject he had yet to broach and he couldn't help but feel insecure about it. "I mean... I don't think I'm ready," he explained rapidly, his heart stammering in his chest. "And.. why me?" They had hardly gotten to know one another, though he found her quite pretty and her current scent was almost intoxicating, and made him feel oddly excited.

Harmony

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Tealah
08-22-2014, 11:53 AM

What was wrong with her? Heat was such an embarrassing to undergo, especially when she had someone she loved: and neither one really knew much about mating and having children. Heat flushed to pale cheeks as she turned away for a moment, stuttering and struggling to find the words. The Adravendi-Mathias knew little of heat, did he? It was obvious he had never touched another woman outside his family, and she was okay with that... she had never touched another man outside her family as well. "I uh... I..." Quietly she would let her gaze return to the confused man, mismatched gems dull from embarrassment. "I don't know if you know what being in heat is. This is my first year of it... and I don't know how to deal with it so my body isn't screaming to have babies... I assume it's like a thing that gets better as you get older, but still..." She would absently scrape her claws upon the loamy ground, pearly banner curling anxiously. "Quintus, I just don't know what to do. I know we should probably bond and get a little closer before we jump to having babies, and I don't know how I'd be able to upkeep my duties as Tagavor with children. I'm sure I could have Xae take my place for a while until they are at least two seasons old." Silently she would slither forward, slowly but surely, and sit at the side of the russet masked boy, lowering her crown and nuzzling his chest, seeking to smell him and nothing else, to hear the beat of his heart. This wasn't awkward... right?

""

Quintus

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
08-31-2014, 09:38 PM

He wouldn't deny to himself that her scent was alluring now in a way it hadn't been before. A warmth seemed to spread through his lower half, and he found his tail curling between his legs, feeling suddenly embarrassed at the entire conversation and his body's own reaction to it. Her own stumbling words made him feel clammy and insecure, something he was entirely unused to. Slowly he would clear his throat, shifting his weight from one paw to the next, obviously uncomfortable.

"I... have a faint idea," he told her quickly, not wanting to get into detail. Quintus eyed her as she shifted closer, his nose twitching as he inhaled her scent. He was attracted to her, sure, but did he really want children? She seemed to be thinking about it quite deeply and though he didn't know if he wanted the same thing that she did, he found himself leaning slightly into her as she pressed against his chest. "I don't know, Harmony..." he felt a slight rumble in his chest as he felt her head against his chest, enjoying her presence more than he should be. Gently he would nuzzle the top of her head, letting loose a soft sigh. "It's probably not a good idea..."

Harmony

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Tealah
09-01-2014, 03:41 PM

So many mistakes that she kept continually making... creating... Quintus didn't deserve this. Maybe she'd clear her thoughts later and calm down about the subject... but now, she was breaking. Tears suddenly stung at mismatched orbs, as she would step backward from the enjoyable scene, her voice feeble. "I'm sorry Quintus... I just need to clear my mind... I just... I'm sorry for making you feel uncomfortable. I'll see you tomorrow... Can you meet me... at Crystallum Cliffs tomorrow night?" With that, her mismatched gems turned away from the russet masked boy, shaking her head gently as she would begin to disappear into the night, the moon howling her absence from the once romantic scene. She felt so sorry for leaving him alone... but she just needed some time...

- MAKING A NEW THREAD -