Roviathin

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
04-16-2016, 07:43 PM
The sun beat down heavily upon the male's body as sweat beat against his warm face, however, the fur would only hide the sweat as his pink tongue would loll out of his mouth. Rovi could not see a damn thing after trying to help his mate and pups, and this is what led to his blindness. A sigh would escape his paw now as he trudged on effortlessly through the land. He would move his paws carefully, making sure each step he took did not lead to his own demise as the scent of the sand and warmth lingered throughout his nostrils. His obsidian colored pelt did nothing to help the heat that coursed through his form, only seeming to make him overheat as his head began to spin, showing obvious signs of being over-heated. Though he could not see the dizziness, he could sure feel it for he had not had some water to drink for some time, and his body was craving it more and more each time he took a step.

However, before it seemed he could continue any further, he would collapse and breathe heavily. Each time he tried to stand, it almost seemed like his body would not respond to his commands before he would become unconscious. He did miss his mate and pups, and would continue to shed a few tears from his one good eye for he had thought about them before he had come unconscious.

Zuriel

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Athena I

Famous
04-16-2016, 09:27 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2016, 01:22 PM by Zuriel.)

Zuriel didn't make a habit of leaving the pack lands. In fact, it was a rare occasion for her to be out here. However, she did occasionally make the treck toward the East in search of herbs that didn't grow near her home. The longer she was out in the heat and sun the more she regretted her decision. She wished she had waited till the evening when it was cooler. The sun was scalding on the darker fur on her back. She immediately started searching for any source of shade she could use till night came.

A stranger's scent caught her attention and her two-toned gaze lifted from the ground in front of her until it landed on the dark form of a wolf collapsed on the ground. Her ears perked with alarm and she quickly switched into her healer mentality as she picked up her pace into a light run towards him, the pale blue pendant around her neck bouncing with each stride. "Sir?" she asked as she approached him, carefully making sure to keep a foot or two of space between them just in case. Even wolves that needed help weren't always friendly or receptive to that help. "Sir, my name is Zuriel. I'm a healer. Can I help get you to the shade?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Roviathin

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
04-16-2016, 09:47 PM
"Fuck..." Roviathin would say as he would groan from the immense heat that surrounded his body. He had completely thought about his family, especially about one of his sons who could still be alive from the onslaught that had occurred a couple months ago. He had kept his eyes closed tightly, flailing his paws from side to side in attempt to fight the other wolf that had taken his family from him. His mind was not in the right place as it almost seemed he was going insane from the memories that coursed through his mind, even hearing the yelps and cries of his mate and pups.

"Ki...Sol..." He would whimper as his eyes had stayed closed, a few tears happening to drop upon the ground as his voice was raspy from the lack of water that surrounded his throat. "You hear me, asshole! I'll kill you!" He hollered as his eyes had stayed closed even though he could not see to begin with, and was completely out of it from there until after a couple minutes, he opened his eyes, and all he saw was a hazy blur, looking around and showing that his memories were gone.

Zuriel

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Athena I

Famous
04-17-2016, 01:48 AM

Zuriel's ears flicked back against her skull and she took a hasty step back from the stranger as he exclaimed something about killing someone. Perhaps this wouldn't be as simple as helping someone to some shade and maybe finding them some water. He didn't seem to be any taller than her, but he was a good bit bulkier than she was and she was not a fighter by any means so she didn't feel like she could successfully fight him if he attacked her, even if it was in delirium. Soon though he seemed to stir and his eyes opened. Her brows lifted with surprise as she noticed the heavy scarring around his eyes and the missing eye on one side. She wouldn't be surprised if his one yellow eye was blind as well. After tending to her father with similar wounds for so long it wasn't too much of a shock. It just added an extra layer of concern and intrigue to this whole odd situation.

She couldn't simply leave him though. She just didn't have it in her to do that. "Sir?" she tried once again. Her tone held more bit more concern and was more hesitant than before. "My name is Zuriel. I'd like to help get you to some shade if that's okay." She'd wait to see if he had any objections and if there was none she'd make her way over so that she was standing along his right side. "I'm going to push up on your right shoulder, okay? You can lean on me." She crouched down and used her own shoulder and hip to push up on him, using her legs to help him get to his paws. She wasn't strong enough to carry him, but she could help get him across the dozen feet to the shade of one of the odd rock formations ahead of them. "Come on, it's not far."

"Talk" "You" Think

Roviathin

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
04-17-2016, 08:52 AM
Roviathin would, once again, feel the heat upon his body. A small sigh escaped him, but when he heard the sounds of a woman's voice. She sounded rather hesitant when talking to him, Rovi felt a little sad, but he paid no heed and turned his cranium over to where the woman was speaking. Her voice was rather kind, and it actually made him smile nonetheless. "Zuriel..." he would speak quietly, her name running off his tongue as he kept on his gaze on, what he believed to be was her.

"Thank you for the assistance, Zuriel," he would say as his deep voice spoke to her as he wobbled to his feet, following her lead as they looked for some shade. "Ma'am...why do you even bother helping someone like me? My family is dead, so sometimes I wish I was dead too so I could be with them." He would explain as he leaned against her, but not pushing too hard on her.

Zuriel

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Athena I

Famous
04-17-2016, 09:34 AM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2016, 01:21 PM by Zuriel.)

To her immense relief he seemed kind enough once he has fully awake. Her ears perked slightly at the sound of his voice as they slowly walked and she was a little surprised by his question. She hadn't given a second thought to helping him. She had seen that he was in trouble and that was all the convincing she needed. She didn't know anything of his past, though if she had to guess she'd assume it wasn't smooth sailing by any means. Just from his short tale of his dead family and his scarred face she could tell that much. It made it hard to believe they seemed to be about the same age, but she knew they were just from her training. "I'm a healer. It's what I do," she finally responded with a small smile.

As they crossed into the shade she sighed with relief and she'd pause, helping the man slowly lower himself back to the ground before moving to lay in the shade as well across from him. She knew where some water was nearby, but she didn't have much of a way to bring it to him. Once he rested for a while though perhaps she could lead him to it. "What's your name?" she'd ask, watching the male curiously.

"Talk" "You" Think

Roviathin

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
04-17-2016, 09:49 AM
When they had reached the shade, he was thankful and happy that he had some way to cool down from the heat that had seemed to be burning his body. However, she would ask what his name was, but he would give a calm smile to her, "My name is Roviathin, but some call me by my last name which is Kargo," he would chuckle as he closed his eyes, feeling the shade against his scarred face, and it felt good instead of having the burning sun against them.

"It is good to have someone to talk to. I have not had someone to talk to for some time, not since my mate's death. I believe that one of my pups may still be alive, but, I highly doubt that I shall see him again if he is." He would explain, heaving a deep sigh as he kept his eyes closed, his claws digging into the hearth beneath him as it had tried to suppress his anger. "Thanks again for the assistance, Zuriel. I do appreciate it."

Zuriel

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Athena I

Famous
04-17-2016, 01:18 PM

Zuriel listened quietly while he introduced himself and spoke of his former mate and the possibility that one of his children may still be alive. A frown pulled at her lips while she listened, her two-toned gaze tracing over his scarred face. It seemed that life had certainly dealt him a difficult hand. She hadn't even considered finding a mate and all that yet at this point in her life. She couldn't imagine what it must be like to have a family and loose them like that... No, that was a lie. She could. There was a time when her entire family had disappeared except for her father and she had watched him spiral and shatter till he was barely himself. The only difference was her family had returned and her mother had snapped her father out of his funk.

He thanked her again and she gaze a little shake of her head, replying, "Please, no need to thank me. Like I said, it's what I do." She smiled a little then, stretching out on her side with a soft sigh. She was glad this had turned out better than she was afraid it would. She still kept a close eye on him simply because she didn't fully know him yet and she didn't know if he would have another outburst like he had before, but so far he seemed kind. "Once you've cooled down some I can lead you to some water if you'd like. There's a small spring not far from here," she offered after a moment. She wouldn't know what else to say for a moment. She wasn't the best at socializing and small talk, especially with new wolves. "Are you from near here?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Roviathin

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
04-17-2016, 03:05 PM
The thought of having some water to drink made him become thankful and happy. He had not had some water to drink for some time, and his throat was becoming dry and he definitely thought he was beginning to have some dehydration. He would nod in response to her, but then she would ask if he was around here. He wasn't, but he had become a nomad ever since he lost his family, and he definitely should look for a pack to join or perhaps a land where he could call home and just be by himself.

"No, I am a nomad. I just walk and go wherever my legs take me, Ma'am. I apologize about scaring you earlier. I was just out of it due to being over-heated you might say. I wouldn't hurt someone on purpose unless they attack me, but I guess with me being blind I would not have a good chance of defending myself," he would chuckle playfully, "Are you around here, or on any of these lands?" He would ask, raising an eyebrow in question.

Zuriel

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Athena I

Famous
05-04-2016, 05:35 PM

Zuriel listened as he spoke, nodding in understanding when he explained that he was a nomad. He had no need to apologize, but she appreciated the sentiment none of the less. She knew how heat could affect a wolf. The only reason he had scared her was just the uncertainty of not knowing what he would do. Even the kindest, most well meaning wolf could be dangerous under these kinds of conditions. She smiled slightly as he mentioned being blind and not being able to defend himself. "Oh I wouldn't say that. My father is blind as well and my mother has helped him learn how to fight again. He's not a warrior any more by any means, but he can protect himself well enough."

She nodded when he asked if she lived near here out of habit even though he couldn't see her do so. "I do. My pack is not far from here. I wouldn't say I come this direction very often, but it was the fastest way to get to where I wanted to look for some herbs." She certainly wouldn't have treked across the desert otherwise. She could have gone around closer to the coast to avoid it, but she didn't feel like taking several days just to go hunting for herbs. "Just let me know whenever you feel like walking a bit again and I'll take you to some water."

"Talk" "You" Think

Roviathin

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
05-18-2016, 04:48 PM
The brute spoke in a calm, gentle demeanor. A small smile spread across his maw as her voice rung within his lobes. His blinded eye would blink slightly as he kept the smile that lingered across his maw for some time. "Certainly, some water would sound nice right now if you do not mind taking me right now. Thank you for being kind to me after the little incident that happened. I may not be able to see you clearly; but I do think that even though it is not much, you are a rather kind individual. I hope that someday I can return the favor for you, Ma'am," he explained, dipping his head as a way of both thankfulness and respect to the woman, even though he could not see her clearly to know whether he was looking at her or not.

He stood up, his claws digging into the ground as he took in the fresh air and the sound of birds surrounded his ears once more before sniffing around for any scent of water. His hearing, touch, and smell were on point now since his vision was out of commission, and, the scents almost appeared to be painting a picture for him, as well as when his paw pads touched the landscape underneath him.

Zuriel

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Athena I

Famous
05-18-2016, 05:29 PM

Zuriel smiled a little as he thanked her again and complimented her. She wasn't used to such nice words, especially not from strangers. She chuckled softly, her paws shuffling a little from her shy discomfort. She appreciated his nice words even if she didn't know how to take them. She moved past it quickly, focusing on him as a patient once again. "Don't worry about before. You're completely forgiven. Lets get you some water." She followed his lead and got to her paws as well once he stood. She was so used to leading her father around that she didn't think twice about padding up along side of him and letting her shoulder brush against his to act as his guide. She didn't think about it until she had already done it, realizing a moment too late that he may not want her to touch him. "Sorry... There's a little spring over here." She'd let him follow her however was easiest for him. Luckily it wasn't a long walk. "Here we go," she said softly, stopping a couple of feet from the water to give him room to drink. It wasn't much more than a glorified puddle, but the small, trickling spring kept the water nice and fresh.

"Talk" "You" Think