size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantFamousChristmas 2019Treat 2019Promptober 2019
04-21-2016, 12:32 AM

Never before had she been in any of the underground territories, but if she had then this one would definitely be the nicest. Large paws touched the earth as her eyes wandered to the scenery above her, moss and roots arching and swirling over her head. Nostrils flared, taking in the pleasant scent of damp earth and water. It was...peaceful here, that was for certain. And if she could claim this area as her own, she would. But trying to keep a pack here would be hard considering there only seemed to be rodents more then anything. So for now, she enjoyed it.

The woman found a spot to lie down, and as she did, she dipped her paw into the water and let the gentle current sweep over her foot. She wished she could show her kids this, but they seemed more interested in other things. They hadn't been as close as she had hoped, but she'd fix that soon enough.

"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Flamie

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Light
player
Arian
04-21-2016, 01:22 AM

The large vulture had been trying to explore more of the lands. It had gotten her into a bit of trouble though. After falling into the pond in the deluge, her water filled feathers became a problem. She couldn't fly like this and preening would take forever. A shrill click of her beak made her try to claw her way up again - only to slip into the water. Shaking her feathers, she would have to bath herself again in her clay. Though suddenly her head turned to the noise of a wolf. She pressed herself on the side of the river, trying to stay out of sight at least until she knew it was okay. Without being able to fly - she was left being a lot more vulnerable. Even though her talons and beak probably were lethal weapons.

"Scuse me miss wolf?" Flamie stepped a little into the sunlight. Showing off her wet soaked feathers her cyan blue eyes thought that this wolf was rather pretty. She was big too, not as big as Flamie herself when she stood up straight, but still tall. She clicked her beak again, shaking her tail feathers as she ran her beak through her wings for a moment. "Could you help me get out of here please? I can't fly like this." she lifted her feathers. Lowering herself to Avalon as she shook herself. Hoping that this wolf wasn't going to eat her.

"Talk"

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

04-21-2016, 03:16 PM
It was really peaceful here, like it was carved out of the ground just for her. She rested her head on her front paws, watching the water trickle over her paws as she relaxed. It was so peaceful here, her eyes began to drift closed. It seemed about time for a nap. However, she'd barely get to fall asleep when she heard the faint sound of splashing. Tilting her ears forward, she raised her head a little and looked around. Perhaps just a rock or something?

She would return her head on top of her paws, about to close her eyes once again until she heard a voice. "Huh?" Lifting her head again, she spotted the rather...large bird, eyes wide at the sight. She was surprised to see such a creature down here, and she just looked at it even as the creature asked for help. It took her a moment to recover from surprise, and then she would wiggle closer to the bird. "Of course! But umm..." How? Exactly? It's not like it had a scruff she could grab onto. This was a dilemma indeed...

The thought struck her then, maybe she could just get into the water and let the bird onto her back, and from there it could make the short jump up, right? The water wasn't too deep, shallower then the rivers outside anyway. Nodding to herself, she stood and eased herself into the water next to the bird. "Climb on my back. If you think you can't hop up from here, I can wade a little further up so it's easier. For you, just watch those claws." Her voice was lightly stern at the end, but her thick fur would help protect her anyway.

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Flamie

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Light
player
Arian
08-29-2016, 06:46 AM

to an even better place

It seemed the wolf was willing to help! That was great, otherwise Flamie was afraid she could well enough die here. She would get close to Avalon and listen to her, ruffling up her feathers from the feeling of the water there. "I'll be careful miss, the help is greatly appreciated!" She expressed her thanks that way. Possibly would give Avalon a gift at a later date. As she used her wings for balance she hoped onto Avalon's back using a bit of lift that she could to get up there. Being mindful of her claws she made sure to gently use them but still able to grip onto her fur. Once she was on Avalon's back - she could breath just a little easier.

"My name is Flamie. I'll have to return the favor sometime." Flamie said as she smiled and let out a soft laugh. How she got herself into this situation was a total mystery. It wasn't as if the bird actively sought to water log herself. Which for a bird meant death and life in it's entirety. Flamie was simply lucky she didn't hunt that often. She took bones off of carcasses - and they were hard to find. At least, good quality bones.

BANAGHER

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

09-12-2016, 09:42 PM

The woman nodded to the strange bird as she hopped up onto her back. She winced slightly as she felt the tip of her claws, but luckily her thick pelt protected her skin from the worst of it. "It's my pleasure, bird." She waited until she had a firm grip before moving, and once the big Bird was safely on her back, she began to wade further upstream where it was shallower. Ears flicked back as the bird introduced herself as Flamie, an odd name but perhaps not for a bird.

"Flamie? Well, it's nice to meet you! My name is Avalon." She glanced over her shoulder, offering a smile to the large bird as she carefully made her way through the water. It took several long minutes, but at last she found lower ground that would make it easier to escape the water. The woman would make a quick jump from the water, front paws pulling her up and hind legs pushing her forward. Once they were on firm ground, she waited for Flamie to get off her back so she could shake her pelt free of water. "Here we are, firm ground! Oh, and there's really no need to thank me. Saving a life isn't a favor."

Art||Plotter