Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
04-26-2016, 01:02 PM

Athena motioned for Ashelia and Nalamimi to follow her as she made her way off from the main group, finding an open area for them to work in. She gave them both an encouraging smile as she turned to look at them and size them up. "Okay then! Since I haven't been formally introduced to either of you just yet, I'm Athena. I wanted you two with me since I'm not as familiar with your skill level in fighting compared to the others. Have either of you had any training or experience before now?" She waited for the both of them to answer while she tried to decide where they would start. At the same time she tried to keep an eye on the other groups to see how they were doing. She knew she had sprung this on Tiburtius and Leo, but she had faith that they would do fine.

"Talk" "You" Think

nalamimi

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Kanwa
04-27-2016, 11:51 AM
From the rest of the group, she and another wolf followed the gray female to a certain area and began to speak about fighting experience after her short, but sweet, introduction. Before the pure white girl could begin to explain her harsh history, she would introduce herself in her special little way. "Hello, I am Nalamimi, but either of you can call me Nala, Mims, or Mimi. It is a pleasure to meet you, Athena." Before she could happily say it was a pleasure to meet the third wolf, they would have to announce themselves.

After moments passed, sapphire gaze shifted it Athena to resume her trailing thoughts of brawling experience. "Actually, before I joined Fiori, I had to fight my way out of a lot of things. But now that I am in a pack, I am trying to dust up my," Nala cleared her throat, "pessimistic sparring techniques..." True, it was a while since she had last tried to rip anyone to shreds that dared to go after the same rotting fawn corpse that had few scraps of rank flesh on the framework to begin with, but the icy one left that section out of it.

Ashelia

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod
04-29-2016, 01:36 PM
She was not the least bit thrilled. But she couldn't avoid it now that she'd shown up. Athena looked kinda fierce, and Ashe wondered what they would do to learn how to fight. The woman paired her up with a white wolf that she'd not met, introducing herself as Nalamimi when Ashe finally arrived. Ashe looked up at the bigger women, suddenly feeling tinier then usual. "My name is Ashelia, it's nice to meet you both!" She shuffled her paws for a second as Nala spoke up about her skills, and Ashe was left wondering what she meant by that. Frowning though, she returned her gaze to Athena as she spoke. "I've actually never fought before, so...I don't have any training or know what to do..."

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
06-01-2016, 11:53 AM

ooc: SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG I SUCK. Gonna try and space the stuff out a bit so the thread will be long enough to collect skill points on.

Athena nodded to each of them as they introduced themselves. Nala and Ashelia. She looked to Nala again as she described her past experiences, one brow raising curiously. It sounded like the pale woman had been dealt a hard hand, but she could use that to the woman's advantage. Her fighting might need refining, but at least she had been in battle before. She wasn't too surprised when Ash said she had never fought before. Most healers hadn't. She made a quick glance toward Amalia at the thought. It seemed to be a general problem among healers. Well, maybe not a problem. That was a bit too harsh of a word.

"Not a problem!" she replied, giving Ashelia a smile. "So Nala, since you have some experience I'd like to spar with you if you'll humor me. I just want to get a feel of where your skills are and what we can improve on. And Ashelia-" she looked to the smaller woman, "I'll walk you through some defensive moves first and then you can watch mine and Nala's spar and see some of them in action. How's that sound?" She waited for any objections before adding, "Nala, you go ahead and get ready for our spar and I'll run through some things with Ashelia."

She turned to Ashelia, then, letting Nala prepare to spar and start remembering her defenses.
"Okay, so since you're on the smaller side, you'd probably be fighting wolves bigger than you for the most part. Something to remember is that they can easily over power you if you let them get on top of you. You can use your size to your advantage because you'll be able to move faster than someone like me. If worse comes to worse you can dive out of the way and run, but that should be a last resort option." She got down into her defenses so she could demonstrate them to Ash, describing each of them to her.  "So you'll want to space out your paws so that they're even under you so you'll have a sturdy base so you don't get knocked over immediately. Spreading out your toes and digging your claws into the dirt will help with that too. Keep your ears back and your eyes narrowed so they aren't such easy targets as well." She stopped there for now. She knew it could be a lot to remember and she didn't want to overwhelm her.

"Alright!" she said with a grin and a decisive nod. "Are you ready, Nala?" she asked as she turned to face the pale woman. "A short spar will do and no major bites. No need to make the healers work any more than they have to tonight."
"Talk" "You" Think