this house don't feel like home

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
04-26-2016, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2016, 05:02 PM by Ara.)
Being away from her family wasn't easy for her. Though she had decided to remain in Fiori, for it was the only place that had felt like home to her since she was little more than a pup, it simply wasn't the same without Novel at her side. She had remained in the lands that their sons knew, wondering if they might return home while their other mother was gone. It was wishful thinking, but it was a possibility - and though she wouldn't get her hopes up about it, the thought still sat at the forefront of her mind.

Her mood was slightly sullen as she made her way toward the lake. It was a place she'd been many times, and its familiarity was comforting. The woman, quite average in stature, moved quietly across the lands as the sun began its descent in the sky. Though it was not quite night - dusk would be a better way to describe this time of day - it was still light enough to navigate with ease. Her soft crystal gaze focused on the water's edge as she loped toward the lake, casting a long shadow behind her as she moved quietly across the earth.

Her attention, unsurprisingly, was captured by the watercress that grew at the edge of the water. It was an unimpressive, easily missed plant - it bore no flowers, and was short and inconspicuous. And yet it was useful to her, so much that she couldn't pass up the opportunity to gather some. It seemed even more important to do, with winter coming soon enough. Finding her mind temporarily distracted, and her spirits lifted, Ara moved toward the plant and began to dig delicately at the roots, hoping to tug some free from the earth without severing the plants entirely.

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
04-26-2016, 05:35 PM

Wolves were falling sick last he heard, making him gather up eldarberries just in case. From puphood all his small knowledge of herbs was returning to him. While it was rusty, the male was getting used to giving up on fighting and more on the healing aspect of things. If only... he had someone to teach him the things he didn't know yet though. It frustrated him dearly, and he was afraid of most others. That was why, when the faint scent of fiori hit his nose he tensed. However the woman collecting the herb - didn't seem like someone he knew.

He approached carefully, making his single eye face her. Staying his distance, but observing the plant she was digging up. “Excuse me ma'm - could you tell me what that plant is and what it does?” he asked from his distance with a soft smile. “With all the wolves getting sick, I want to make sure that I'm able to heal my family. I'm a bit of a novice at healing.” he laughed a little at the thought. Hoping that the girl wouldn't reject him - he was now trying Avalon's method of things.

“Vereux” “Avalon”

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
04-26-2016, 06:43 PM
To say Ara was out of the loop would be a vast understatement. As a healer, she knew she should have been aware of things like this.. of sicknesses that were plaguing the lands near her. But truth be told, she mostly kept to herself, even more these days with her wife's absence. The female had never been a terribly social wolf, which she knew was a shame as being more outgoing would grant her more knowledge. The thought of other wolves was far from her mind as she stood, front paws moving with precision as she attempted to force the damp soil away from the roots of the watercress plants. She hardly noticed the presence of another until he was rather close, and his voice made her almost jump in surprise.

Eyes widened slightly, the female would jerk her head to the side, eyes quickly fixing on him as he approached. Though he remained quite a long distance away, his appearance was a bit threatening - scarred and tattered, though his voice was soft and not at all frightening. Unconsciously, her ears would flatten down against her skull, tail remaining limp at her hocks as she regarded him cautiously. He asked what the plant was that she was digging up - he gaze briefly returned to the watercress, before lifting back up to him again.

"This -" she started, making a slow effort to pull back from the plant and shake some of the dirt from between her toes, "- is called watercress." He seemed interested in what she was doing, and her heart felt light at the possibility of teaching a stranger some of what she knew, though she knew she couldn't let her guard down entirely. "It's supposed to help coughs, mostly,"  Ara would start, a small smile tugging at her lips as she watched him. "Though, like most herbs, you shouldn't take too much at first, just in case." It was obvious, from the passion in her voice, that this was a topic she enjoyed talking about, and was happy to share with someone new.

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
04-26-2016, 06:59 PM

He didn't blame any wolf for being cautious around him. Though the symbol on his eye he held with pride. The slate blue male wouldn't get any closer unless she so wished it. Keeping his smile as he chose to raise his head a little. Watercress. It helped coughing, he would have to remember that. He placed the scent into his head as well because he didn't want to fully rely on his eyesight anymore. Vereux nodded his head a little, any herb if you took too much of it could end up in disaster. Much like if you over ate, anything like that.

“My name is Vereux.” he introduced himself. “It wouldn't be selfish of me to ask you for a healing lesson would it?” he gave a soft laugh. A stranger, how strange was that. He had never been good at social interaction, he was socially awkward. To think he once held the title of King - then again it felt like it had been a bunch of pups playing house back at home. Now he just wanted to forget all that, he was a different man.

“Vereux” “Avalon”

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
04-26-2016, 08:37 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2016, 08:37 PM by Ara.)
Ara tended to be cautious around males, in general - perhaps she was being prejudiced, but she'd never been quite able to shake the slight fear of strangers she'd had since Novel had been hurt so long ago. Though her fear wasn't obvious, it was there, and she was on visibly on edge, though not quite ready to flee. As badly as she wished she could return to the task at hand, carefully digging up the roots of the watercress plants, she was unwilling to look away from him for long.

His interest was obvious, and though possibly feigned, it did seem quite genuine. The smile that appeared on her gentle features remained as he listened to her, taking in what she had to say. Feeling a bit more relaxed, her tail would sway absently behind her, curling amidst her hind legs. "My name is Ara Destruction," she offered her full name with ease. At the very least, perhaps if he had bad intentions he might be turned off by the fact that she came from a family that was relatively well-known. They'd been more powerful once, but he didn't have to know how many of them had left these lands. "And.. I suppose I could teach you a few things. I'm no expert," she admitted slowly, wishing she had more knowledge to offer him. Largely self-taught, she lacked the formal knowledge that most healers might, though she'd learned quite a bit in her travels and with her wife, on their own. If he seemed awkward at all, she was ignorant to it; she was happy to share what she knew, and her pleasure was written plainly on her face.

"Right now I'm just trying to dig this watercress up," Ara told him, turning back to the herbs, her brows furrowing slightly. "The plants will die pretty quickly once they're picked, so I was trying to salvage some of the plant, root and all, to bring back home. If I set them somewhere damp, they may stay fresh longer. Usually fresh herbs are more potent." Going back to what he'd said a moment ago, her head cocked to the side, ears flicking as she recalled his words. "You said your family has been sick?" she'd inquire cautiously, wondering how wide-spread the problem might be, if at all. Perhaps there was some new illness this season..

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
04-27-2016, 12:26 AM

Being rather new to interacting with others outside of his small cluster. The introvert tried his best to give himself the benefit of the doubt. Hearing her say her full name just made him think about his last - if only he could erase it. Armada... it was bound to be a blessing and a curse. “That's okay, anything I can get my paws on I'd be happy with. It's not every day I run into a wolf with healer knowledge.” he said keeping his distance. He wouldn't get closer unless her body language said that she was more comfortable. Despite having half of his vision he was always able to keep a keen sense on how another was feeling.

When she said she was trying to gather the plant his head tilted to the side. “I could help you if you want?” he asked, taking one small step forward. He did want to make it obvious that he meant her no harm. She then asked once more about his family. He shook his head, “My friend and her children aren't sick yet, but a virus is spreading through the lands. It's like pneumonia. I want to make sure she and her kids don't get sick and if they do I'll be able to treat them.” Vereux explained. That was his goal, he knew now though he'd have to keep a whole pack safe rather than just Avalon and her boys.

“Vereux” “Avalon”

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
05-03-2016, 07:49 PM
As the moments drew on, she became more comfortable around her new acquaintance. She'd never met anyone that feigned an interest in healing so well - or really, at all - and it was difficult to imagine he was lying to her. It was even harder to try to contain the sudden need to teach that overcame here. This was her purpose in life, she was certain of it. It made no sense to not share what knowledge she had with others.

She smiled at his words, feeling humbled; she was as happy to share what she knew as he was to learn it. He seemed eager to watch, and so she would show him, her head gesturing to the side as she invited him to join her as she returned to the task at hand. It was tedious, but worthwhile. "Just try not to sever the plant from the root, if possible,"  Ara instructed him again. "It's easiest to loosen the dirt around it before pulling them up."

He mentioned a virus. Pneumonia? That was serious, and she frowned, brows furrowing in concentration. "That's a good idea,"  she said thoughtfully, through a mouthful of watercress, which she placed gently beside them. "That's why I got into healing, actually. To help my family."   It was an admirable wish, and she found herself smiling as she turned to gaze at him again.  "This watercress may be of some use for you then,"  she added, having gotten off-track for a moment. "It's not very strong, so don't expect it to be a cure-all, but it can help coughs in some wolves."

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
05-18-2016, 04:09 AM

Vereux would approach the woman, as he used his paw. He looked at if he was doing something delicate, moving as instructed. As his ears flicked towards her direction that way he could hear her better. Since he only had half his vision, he had to switch between looking towards her and the plant. He didn't want to be rude, that was why he mainly resourced to his ears though. So... she started to learn for her family as well. Sounded pretty much like him.

“I tried to train to be a healer when I was a pup, but it never seemed to stick.” he said softly. After he was done with the plant, he raised his head to her. “Are you positive? After all you went through the effort to find it and you did dig most of it out.” Vereux didn't want to steal from her if it was the case. He had a pack - he could easily find more if he needed. “Now that I know what it is, I could always find my own.” he smiled brightly.
“Vereux” “Avalon”

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
05-20-2016, 08:45 PM
To her, knowledge wasn't something to be withheld - why not share it with all the world whenever possible? There was nothing to be gained by keeping it all to herself; and she wasn't selfish like that anyway. A smile painted her features as he began to help dig up the roots, watching the interest form on his face as he became engrossed in the task at hand. Now that they'd started talking, she felt a bit guilty for ever thinking he could be a thread to her. He seemed as kind as they came, now that she'd allowed him to get a bit closer and could see his intentions were not malicious.

"I'm sure,"  she'd assure him, her smile widening slightly. "I don't know anyone sick right now, anyway. I just like keeping a decent supply of herbs whenever possible, just in case." Watercress was fairly nutritious anyway, and it didn't hurt to eat a few leaves now and then even when not sick, but she didn't need it all.  It made her feel good, and useful, to know she could possibly help someone else and their family too. "You smell of a pack," she commented idly, as she paused from her digging, nosing a cluster of newly-picked watercress to the side. "Are you from around here?"  It was an innocent question, she was merely curious; she had little concern with the world outside of her own, but it was interesting regardless to know if he was from far-away lands.