gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
Ehrgeiz
05-06-2016, 12:00 AM

It was time to brush up on his skills again, in a spar that would test him and send him home stronger. He made his way to the battlefield, feeling like it'd been too long since he'd last set paw here. Knowing he might possibly find an opponent at any moment, his hackles lifted and he felt a dose of adrenaline flood his veins in anticipation. He could use a good brawl - he needed to toughen up some more, after living softly for some time. If he couldn't find a sparring partner by pacing around, then he'd just have to summon one. He paused in a wide open space, and tilted his head back in order to howl, a ragged sound escaping him. His call would reach for the nearest living being, beckoning to the would-be challenger. Come out, come out, I'm ready! he thought eagerly, his tail thrashing the air.

"Talk" "You" Think
[Image: bHJYJQZ.png]

Enigma

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Dragon Mod
07-22-2016, 12:25 AM

The time for brooding over what was lost was over. He hadn't been in a fight since the war, since everything fell apart, so it was time to return to his roots and put his print on the earth again. He wasn't going to let his father die in vain, and the time for revenge would soon come down on the enemy and all those associated with the enemy like lightning. As the male paced the battlefield in search of a fight, he would pause in his stride as the call of one seeking a fight reached his ears.

Moving towards the caller, he couldn't help but feel like it was familiar to him. But why? Sharp gaze would soon find out. The alabaster male would stop several feet away to find the timber form of someone he did indeed recognize, and for a moment he was taken by surprise. That is, until the scent of the man hit him like a wall. A greedy smirk split inked lips, his own posture steady and unmoving but his features sharp and eyes cold. "So, decided to side with the enemy eh, Xephyris?" He scoffed, hackles bristling as he wrinkled his nose at the stench of the cripples son.

The Devil Speaks || The Devil Thinks

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Xephyris

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
Ehrgeiz
07-22-2016, 01:52 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2016, 02:04 AM by Xephyris.)

It felt like a lifetime, but the man was patient, and at last someone would answer his call. He saw the ivory figure appear in the distance, and with an eager swish of his bushy tail, Xephyris would wait for his challenger to approach. When the moving figure came into focus, it became more and more familiar, and the gray-coated male was surprised to recognize the brute that approached him. But as Enigma came closer, it was was becoming apparent that he was not here to reminisce, nor even just for a friendly brawl. He looked like he had a bone to pick and Xephyris would not budge as the male came close. His tail swished into the air, taking a dominant stance in front of his ex-packmate as Enigma addressed him.

Silver eyes flashed a cold fury as the other man spoke, a low growl starting in the depth of his chest, like the sound of thunder rumbling in the distance. A forepaw lifted, and Xephyris took a step forward, steadily meeting the alter's angry amber gaze. "And where exactly have you been all this time?" he retorted calmly, yet his demeanor was almost eerie, "Boy, you don't want me as your enemy... but go ahead, make your choice." As he finished speaking his muzzle wrinkled, lips curling back to reveal stained fangs. Xephyris was unsure of what had happened to Enigma and the rest of his family since Hellstrom had been taken down... but if the ivory-coated brute had come to settle some sort of score, he was more than ready to accept that challenge.

"Talk" "You" Think

Enigma

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Dragon Mod
07-22-2016, 02:36 AM

Good. He'd gotten a reaction out of the silver male, and one that satisfied the devil. It seemed that the traitor didn't like being called a traitor, so to speak. Enigma bared his teeth in a menacing snarl, tail lashing behind him. He really had nothing to lose at this point but his life. The other things that had mattered at one point? Taken away during the siege and then ripped away when his father simply sought a spar. And here stood a former ally. Now an enemy. "Why the sudden concern? You didn't seem at all interested once the pack fell and my father killed." His voice was deathly cold, eyes just as cold as his gaze bored into the other.

He would abruptly stop in his tracks when xephyris told him he didn't want him as an enemy, and that alone brought a rumbling laugh bubbling from the pits of his throat until it grew louder. Shaking his head, piercing amber eyes locked onto silver. "Actually, I believe you made that choice the second you joined the pack of that idiot! You knew we were enemies with that crippled Bitch, and yet here you are coated in the scent of the bitches son." He sneered then, hackles bristling. "My father liked you, trusted you enough to let you help him build something that could have prospered. But I always knew you were a traitor! He would laugh again, yellowed fangs gleaming as his eyes lit with humor. "As a matter of fact, didn't you leave queen idiots pack to join us? Yet you return to them. Birds of a feather, eh?"

The Devil Speaks || The Devil Thinks

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Xephyris

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
Ehrgeiz
07-22-2016, 03:12 AM

Xephyris continued to snarl, his tongue running along his teeth as he patiently waited for Enigma to speak. He wasn't one to rush into a fight although he enjoyed bloodshed and a good fight; after all, it wasn't like there was any immediately threat. As the other male tried to suggest that he was at all concerned, a harsh laugh burst forth from Xeph's throat, saliva flying past his fangs. "Concern? For you, and your ilk?" he snapped, teeth gnashing together and tail lashing furiously, "I gave my all for that pack, and I was abandoned in the end. Nobody came to find me, even after I helped your sorry ass. And your father... well, he was a grown man, was he not? He made his own bed, and now it's where he sleeps." Their eyes would meet in a deep and hefty glare, and Xephyris sized up the other male as they locked in on each other. He had fought many large enemies, and he'd do so again; Xephyris had no fear.

But poise was certainly one thing he did have, and so, although he was riled and his muscles tensed and ready, the man would tilt his ears forward to listen further. His body was a heartbeat away from lunging to end this, but his mind demanded that he hold his position; for now. "I made a choice that was left open to me," he responded coldly, "So what are you going to do about it?" He wasn't going to make any further comment about whose side he had taken. As far as he was concerned, Imperium and Abaven were his enemies. He was glad that the gladiator pack Imperium had fallen, and to no particular enemy at all; it had merely crumbled from within. And he'd heard nothing of Abaven - although that didn't surprise him, since they'd hardly made an appearance in their own siege.

Tail flicked irritably as Enigma tried to tell him that he was some sort of traitor, as though he had done something to betray the pack and cause Sin's demise. All he could do was shake his head. "Your father was a powerful man," he rumbled, claws digging into the ground, "I did my part. I fought for Hellstrom; and I refuse to be accountable for anything that happened after its fall." He was not going to explain himself. He'd become a loner after Hellstrom's fall, and his choices thereafter were his own. None of which he regretted. "So what are you going to do about it?" he'd reiterate with a little more emphasis, narrowing his eyes as he tried to contain the anger broiling within. He might have been a patient man, but that didn't mean he didn't feel the fury.

"Talk" "You" Think

Enigma

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Dragon Mod
07-22-2016, 04:21 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2016, 02:26 PM by Enigma.)

He loved the reaction that he was getting out of this man. His nose wrinkled the more he stood there smelling the pack scent upon the silver male. If he didn't know better, he would voice the fact that he was getting under the males skin, and it made him barely contain his glee. True, Enigma hadn't gone to look for Xephyris, but did he really have a reason to? He was busy trying to keep his little blind brother alive. Even so, the pack had split and Enigma had hoped that they would all come back under a new reign to start again. And yet...here was one of those "loyal" followers that had pledged themselves to his father. Everyone who had done that, and were found to have given their loyalty to someone else, were all traitors in his eyes.

"So, what did he offer you? Greatness? Power? To 'be the best you can be'? You're nothing but a low ranking warrior I'm sure. On top of that, you're taking orders from some kid!" He laughed again as his stance remained rigid, the mocking hostility clear in his posture. He was so ready for a fight, but he was also enjoying this. He would push Xephyris, see how much he could take before he either snapped or let down his guard. Enigma was bigger, and he enjoyed staring down at the smaller male. "What am I going to do about it? Well, for one. I'm going to make every traitor pay starting with you."

He took a step forward, closing the short distance bit by bit. "Two. When I'm finished with you, I'll make your precious pack mates pay one. By. One." He licked his lips at the thought of taunting and terrorizing unsuspecting prey. Amber gaze narrowed to slits as he stepped closer yet again, hackles raised as muscles tensed. And the closer he got, the better he could smell the underlying scents on the man's pelt. Aahh, did he have a special someone? The thought of using her to further fuel this was oh so amusing. After all, Takira had been taken away from him. So it was only fair that someone else lost something of theirs, right? "I do hope you don't have anyone you care about in your life. I would hate for her to get involved in this. How is she? I'd love to get a taste of her. I'm sure her hips are perfect for...well, hehe...I'm sure you'd know already." He sneered, his chest nearly pressed against the smaller male as he stared tauntingly at him.

Enigma VS Xephyris for MAIM: FACIAL SCARRING?

Round 0/?

OOC// doesn't have to start now, just thought I'd throw it in since Enigma's intentions are heading that way >.>;

Art||Plotter

Xephyris

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
Ehrgeiz
07-23-2016, 03:57 AM

He would watch the other male's face, having nothing to offer but a snarl of his own, teeth exposed as he listened to the brute. Why was he listening at all? He wasn't sure, but he was patient enough to find out if there was anything worthwhile. Enigma would repeat words that had once been spoken by his father. The proposals he had offered to his prospective followers. Xephyris would harden at the mention of these, his muscles stiffening and silver eyes locking dead with amber. Did Enigma really think that any of the past held sway over him now? And to now move on to mocking, as though to suggest that the young could not lead, in fact, were not worthy of such? "Sin offered many things, and I gave him my word," Xephyris muttered as he watched his ex-packmate coldly, "But he didn't live up to any of it. So now, for me, it's just a small part of my history. I proudly lend my strength to someone else. My leader is young, but there's no shame in that; Rivaxorus is no push-over, and I'll attest to that. Got a problem?"

In fact, he knew there were very few within Myriad that would surrender to force; most would fight until there was nothing left, before they gave in to defeat. He fell silent again after he'd said his part, unsure of whether or not any of his words would be heard. And he didn't care either. He wasn't here to talk. He had come to the battlefield to test his abilities. Of course, he'd come with the intention of sparring against another warrior in training. Enigma's appearance had been completely unexpected, but Xephyris was enjoying every moment of this so far. Perhaps this would turn out more intensely than he'd expected, but that just added to the excitement and randomness of it all.

As the ivory-coated male took a step toward him, Xephyris would do the same, slowly helping to close the distance between them. When Enigma stated that he'd eliminate Xephyris and then make each of his packmates pay one by one... another fire was lit within the smaller male, fury growing within him. Another low growl would rumble in his chest. "If you think you'll get to Myriad, you'll have to get through me first," he snarled, ears folding back as his jaws snapped on empty air, in his rival's direction, holding a direct and unyielding stare through cold, silver eyes.

-Fight post begins here-

His muscles tensed as Enigma continued to try to taunt him, ears folding back to protect, hackles rising along his neck and spine defensively, chin tilting downward to protect his throat.. Oh, so he had noticed the scent of a woman upon his coat? He wondered who, exactly, the other male had scented. "If you really want to know, you'd better get in line and wait your turn," he rumbled darkly, paws beginning to shift into an equally spaced stance and claws digging into the ground for a solid grip, "I've got more than a few on the go, but it might be hard for a guy like you to keep up with." He knew Enigma would know exactly what he meant. After all, Xeph had been there after the siege, and he knew the extent of Enigma's injuries.

As the ivory-coated male pressed closer to him, Xephyris felt all impulse control leave him, his nose wrinkling up furiously. The skin around his muzzle and eyes bunched up defensively, while his eyes narrowed protectively. his knees and elbows bending as he readied himself for the battle that was inevitable. How dare this cocky brute get so close that he could feel the man's forechest against his own? His thick tail seemed to bush out even more, tucking slightly in preparation to defend some of his vital points. They were chest to chest, aligned head-to-head. And it was no longer the words that irked Xephyris; it was this physical proximity, the lack of boundaries and respect from his former pack-mate that built the desire to sink his teeth into flesh and crave the blood that would flow.

His own neck and head would shift slightly to his own right, Enigma now on his left as his breath huffed past his nostrils. His head and muzzle would turn to his left, head lowering to align with his spine even as he sized up the larger ivory-coated male, his body weight subtly leaning toward his opponent as his abdominal muscles tensed to support his efforts. Suddenly, Xephyris lashed out, no longer complacent or reasonable, no longer caring for appearances. They would shed blood from this point on. With a harsh snarl and jaws open wide to reveal all of his teeth in a threat, Xeph would pivot his body to his right with the help of all four paws, weight shifting quickly to his hinds as he prepared to launch at his enemy. His aim was to be at a T with Enigma, so that his body was at a 90 degree angle from Enigma's left shoulder. Xeph's forequarters began to lift, while his hind legs took the weight and thrust him hopefully in the direction of his enemy.

First to come was his right shoulder blade - Xephyris attempted to thrust the frontal part of his right shoulder into the left side of Enigma's neck, right where the man's left shoulder blade met with the side of the neck. He hoped to leave a moderate bruise if he could land the shoulder thrust. Next, Xeph's forelegs would come off the ground, all of his weight now shifting to his hinds for balance. His left foreleg attempted to reach down and around the front part of Enigma's neck/throat, where the claws in his left forepaw could hopefully find a grip in the lower left side of Enigma's neck. Xeph's right foreleg would try to reach up and over Enigma's neck, the claws of his right forepaw would aim to dig in to the upper left part of Enigma's neck, where the upper shoulder blade met with the neck. His reason for doing this - Xephyris hoped to gain a sufficient choke hold to eventually suffocate his opponent and have a lot of control over his movement.

And his last move, would be to reach with open jaws for the left side of Enigma's neck, right where the neck met with the side of the jaw, several inches below the left ear. Xeph's upper teeth sought to sink into Enigma's left cheek, two inches from the jawline, while his lower teeth aimed to puncture into the flesh right at the side of Enigma's left jawline; right where the jaw bone met with the soft flesh of the jugular. Hoping to leave moderate punctures, Xephyris snapped his jaws, snarling as he anticipated his enemy's retaliation.

Enigma vs. Xephyris || Maim: Facial Scarring || Round 1/3

"Talk" "You" Think

Enigma

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Dragon Mod
08-08-2016, 09:38 PM

Amber eyes twinkled when he noticed the grey male stiffen. If there was one thing he was good at, it was getting under the skin of those around him, provided he had sufficient ammo to fire with. But Xephyris and those he was associated with? He was sure he had plenty. Amber eyes stared coldly at the male, his own defenses quietly and discreetly taking place as he was expecting the other male to launch at him at any moment. It was his intentions to make him do so, after all. "Ha! Rivaxorous...what a joke!" He scoffed. If he recalled, wasn't that the big oaf that was almost an exact replica of that sonticus idiot? He wondered if he was the same way as Arian. Then again, why wouldn't he be? They were all weak minded idiots. His father had proven that.

At the comment of getting to Myriad, Enigma rolled his eyes and smirked. "Like you can stop me. You forget who we are and what we're capable of." And by we, he meant him and Forsaken, as well as Paradox. If she ever returned. Then Xephyris made the comment. One that Enigma had gotten over, but the fact that Xephyris had been there to see it all and then mock him for something out of his control, was what made his hackles rise and yellowed teeth snap with a snarl. "You're next!" He hissed. They were now chest to chest, their close proximity making it so that Enigma was practically bearing down on his new enemy. Why his father liked him so much was beyond him, but he was no longer an ally.

Now, Enigma was just as pissed. Amber eyes narrowed to slits, ears folded tightly against his head as he bared his teeth, muzzle wrinkling as it lifted in a snarl and the skin around his eyes and face wrinkling for added protection. Hackles were raised along his spine, tail flagged for balance while his claws dug in the dirt for traction and a good foothold. Toes spread across the dirt, joints bent slightly to allow for ease of movement. When push came to shove, shoving was exactly what he was going to do. The male tucked his chin over his throat, neck pulled back just slightly to allow the loose skin on his scruff to bunch. Simultaneously, his shoulders rolled forward to both protect the sides of his neck, as well as act as a battering ram for what he was about to do.

Hind legs coiled like a snake waiting to strike. His weight put mostly into his hind end, legs ready to spring with a powerful force once the time came. Xephyris would shift his head to his (Enigma's) left side, and already Enigma was prepared. He was no veteran, but he wasn't an amateur either. When Xephyris bared his teeth and shifted his position, Enigma kicked into action. He moved with his opponent, his own body pivoting to his right as well, paws quickly criss crossing one another to follow Xephyris' lead and to keep then from the T position his opponent was after. Instead, Enigma attempted to re-align them almost head on once more (a bit off alignment)--Left shoulder lining up with Xephyris' own left shoulder--and a sneer would lift as teeth bared, a growl leaving his maw with all the ferocity of the world. Left shoulder jutted forward then, hind legs springing him forward like a battering ram as he sought to bash the point of his (Enigma's) left shoulder straight into the center of Xephyris' left shoulder where the joint connected in an attempt to dislocate it.

Meanwhile, Enigma grunted as a mild bruise blossomed from the contact with his opponents right shoulder upon his forechest as opposed to his original target. A snarl ripped free from him, Enigma's weight redistributed then to better balance him as all four feet remained grounded. Their position would potentially keep his enemies jaws in his sight, then again it wasn't too hard when he was six inches taller then the silver male. As adrenaline coursed through him, amber gaze watched for a brief second as Xephyris sought to rise, except he would fail in gaining his hold, and instead, paws would merely find useless purchase upon Enigma's shoulders. The alabaster male was quick to respond, however, as Xephyris' teeth came flying at him. In one fluid movement, Enigma bunched his hind legs and sprung forward, jaws gaping as fangs sought purchase upon the silver males windpipe in order to suffocate and disable him (and hopefully headbutting his jaws shut) [counter to Xephyris bite attack]. He aimed to use Xephyris' lack of all four paws on the ground, and potentially knock him backwards and onto the floor as well.

Enigma VS Xephyris for MAIM: FACIAL SCARRING

Round 1/3

OOC//Sorry for taking so long! If you need clarification let me know, I kinda wanted to hurry up since I kept you waiting so I apologize If some of it doesn't make any sense ;w;

Art||Plotter

Xephyris

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
Ehrgeiz
08-14-2016, 04:02 AM

Xephyris snarled in frustration, as before he could gain any control over his enemy, the situation changed and his intentions were intervened. Enigma would thrust his left shoulder forward, but struck Xeph in the middle of his forechest and leaving a moderate bruise, rather than dislocating his left shoulder. Enigma missed his mark since Xephyris was moving in tandem with the brute, and Xeph himself was shifting forward his right shoulder in order to strike Enigma, changing the angle at just the right moment to slightly displace his enemy's shoulder attack. Seconds after, Xeph felt his right shoulder strike his enemy in the forechest as well.

As their positioning had remained head-on due to Enigma's movements, Xephyirs found his forepaws missing his intended choke hold, ending up with his paws merely on Enigma's shoulders, his left forepaw on Enigma's right shoulder, his right forepaw on Enigma's left shoulder.. As Xeph's jaws whipped to his left toward his enemy's face, Enigma countered, smashing him in the face with a headbutt that clapped Xeph's jaws shut, forcing Xeph's head sharply to his right. Knowing his own position was now useless, Xephyris went with the force of his enemy's forward surge, rather than trying to resist it. His weight and balance still shifted on his hind legs, Xephyris pulled his forepaws away from Enigma and closer to his body, as he quickly shifted his weight sharply and quickly to his right, hind paws stepping to his right to keep his balance. He refused to lose his footing, something he had learned long ago against Enigma's father. His forepaws touched the ground now, just as Enigma's jaws snapped onto the left side of his neck - it wasn't on his windpipe, but under his jawline, several inches below the base of his left ear, leaving moderate punctures.

Ripping away from Enigma's jaws, Xephyris quickly reset his defenses as he readied himself to make another move, fury raging through his blood - he needed to get more serious and make this bastard pay. His paws shifted apart until his stance was even and well-balanced, the joints of his knees and elbows bending for flexibility and to lower his center of gravity. Toes splayed and claws dug into the ground for all the traction he needed, while his shoulders rolled forward and the thick skin around his neck bunched up to protect his vital points. His chin tucked to protect his throat, head lowering to align with his spine, his tail aligning as well, spread out behind him for balance. Ears remained folded back, eyes narrowed and the skin bunched up around his eyes and face for protection, while his hackles remained stiff and raised.

The muscles in all of his legs bunched in readiness, before he tried to spring toward Enigma, having to turn to his left slightly since he had moved to the right to avoid serious damage from his enemy. Crouching, attempting to come in low, which would be advantageous for him as his enemy was a fair bit taller than he was, Xephyris tried to aim the point of his left shoulder for the inner part of Enigma's left elbow, hoping to throw the joint out at an awkward angle away from his enemy's body and dislocate it. Then he would turn his head slightly to his right and parting his jaws wide as he tilted them downward and slightly to the left, aiming for an iron grip over Enigma's left foreleg. He hoped to snag his lower fangs into the muscle and tissue on the underside of the foreleg, while his upper fangs aimed to sink into the muscle and tissue on the upper part of the foreleg - his intention was to clamp down hard and deep, to sever tendons, leaving the limb weak and useless. Finally, his own right forepaw would lift and aim toward Enigma's left forepaw, hoping to smash it down on the inner two toes in an attempt to break the toes in order to further disable his opponent.

Enigma vs. Xephyris || Maim: Facial Scarring || Round 2/3

"Talk" "You" Think

Enigma

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Dragon Mod
08-18-2016, 08:29 PM
Blood touched his tongue, a snarl leaving his lips. While he may not have gotten purchase upon the silver males windpipe, at least he'd given him a good bite to the left side of his opponents neck. Xephyris would rip himself away, and Enigma would click his teeth shut for no more then a second before his teeth were bared and jaws gaping all over again to keep himself protected. His previous shoulder attack had missed the mark of dislocation, and had hit Xephyris' chest instead. Mild bruising would be the result, but it did little to nothing to hinder him, even when Xephyris' own shoulder struck him in the forechest leaving behind moderate bruising.

When Xephyris pulled away, Enigma would take the opportunity to keep his defenses in check. Hackles raised along his body, his eyes kept narrowed and zeroed in on his opponent. His teeth remained bared, muzzle wrinkling as the skin bunched up around his face to add further protection around his eyes. His head lowered slightly to align with his spine, tail flagging out for balance and to align as well. His weight had redistributed evenly across all four limbs, joints bent to allow him to move at the slightest provocation. Toes splayed across the dirt, nails biting the ground for traction. He tucked his chin over his throat, shoulders rolling forward while his scruff rolled with his movements to add more protection. Lastly, ears pinned tightly to his head, though a torn ear was the least of his concerns anyway.

Finally, when Xephyris moved, Enigma was ready. He would continue to meet his opponent with all the fury he had, and when the silver man came in low, Enigma aimed high. He would raise his front half up, weight redistributing over his hind legs as they remained coiled. His tail tucked to protect his belly, abdomen muscles tensing to make it harder for Xephyris to gain a hold. While enigma knew he was taking a risk with this, it might also bode well for him. With his movement, he had saved his leg from becoming crippled. Instead, Xephyris' left shoulder would strike just underneath his (Enigma's) rib cage, and the alabaster male grunted as yet another moderate bruise blossomed there as well. His movements would completely displace his opponents bite and attempt at crushing his toes as his left foreleg was no longer in the line of fire.

It all felt like it was slow motion, but in reality, it was all happening in seconds. And that's all it would take for Enigma to bear down on his opponent. Turning his body slightly towards his left so that he was directly over his opponent, he would allow his weight to drop, the alabaster male attempting to smash most of his weight upon Xephyris' head and back, aiming to pin the bastard beneath him and drive the breath from his adversaries lungs. His forelegs aimed to wrap around each side of the man, to grapple him and secure a foreleg behind both of Xephyris' elbows. His left foreleg would aim to secure itself just behind Xeph's elbow, and his right foreleg would aim to secure behind the left elbow. He wanted to try and restrict as much of his opponents movement as he could, and with this being the first time he'd ever tried this, it would be seen as to whether or not it was a hit or miss.

Finally, jaws unhinged as his head tilted slightly to the right. He sought to dig his fangs into the center of Xephyris' back and deliver a crushing bite to the man's spine. Bottom fangs would seek to find purchase on the left side of Xephyris' spine and top fangs sought to dig into the right side. He wanted to taste blood, to hear the man wail in pain and regret his decisions. His hind legs spread slightly, toes splayed and claws biting the dirt to keep his stance as even as he could. He would make this man pay!

Enigma VS Xephyris for MAIM: FACIAL SCARRING
Round 2/3

Art||Plotter

Xephyris

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
Ehrgeiz
08-23-2016, 02:24 AM

Further frustration laced through him, causing a thundrous growl to rumble from the depths of his chest. The point of his left shoulder had hit a different point entirely, underneath Enigma's ribcage, where the end of the sternum met the abdomen, leaving only moderate bruising. His teeth clicked on thin air, and his right forepaw hit the ground, missing his intended target. And it was all because Enigma had raised the front half of his body up, rearing onto hind legs. Very well, then he would simply have to adjust his strategy, as fluidly as his enemy changed. In a split second, he would readjust and check his defenses, folding his ears back tightly and tail flagging out, held in alignment with his spine. His head maintained a lowered position, aligned with his spine, while his shoulders rolled forward and his scruff bunched up around his neck to keep his neck protected. His chin remained tucked down to protect his throat. All four paws on the ground, he would shift them so that they were evenly spaced for balance, to bear his weight, and what would soon be his enemy's weight on top of him. Keeping his knees and elbows bent to maintain his low center of gravity, his claws digging into the ground as he did so for the traction he would need to keep himself upright. The hair along his neck and spine remained raised, abdominal muscles tightening for extra sturdiness. Lips pulled back to expose his fangs, the skin of his muzzle wrinkling up for added facial protection, silver eyes remaining narrowed.

First came his opponents weight, dropping on Xeph's head, which Xeph bore well with his balanced limbs, adrenaline surging through his veins to lend him strength. A slight and momentary dizziness, and mild bruise was left at the back of his head, where his skull connected to his cervical spine. The slight spin in his head was easily shaken off, and he focused on his positioning. As he felt Enigma's paws begin to glide into place behind his (Xeph's) elbows, his enemy's left foreleg reaching behind his right elbow, the right foreleg reaching behind his left elbow, that was when Xephyris would make his move. In an attempt to continue using his low positioning to his advantage, he would try to surge toward Enigma's abdomen, his smaller frame slipping through the enemy's grasp. His forward movement loosened Enigma's intended grip behind his elbows, his waist, right where his ribcage ended, coming into the man's foreleg hold instead. Xeph's movement would also displace the man's bite, throwing off his accuracy. Instead of a direct spinal bite at the middle of Xeph's back, Enigma's fangs would find the loose skin at his lower back, just an inch before his hip bones. Rather than a crushing, crippling bite to bone, severe punctures would be left in the skin's surface.

With Xeph's attempt to lunge for Enigma's abdomen, hoping to remain in a head-on alignment and directly underneath Enigma, he would gather strength in his front legs, hind legs bracing in their evenly spread, bent stance, before uncoiling the muscles in his forelegs as he tried to ram the backs of his shoulders into the bottom of his enemy's sternum, where he had already left moderate bruising. None of his paws left the ground as he did so, maintaining his sturdy stance underneath Enigma's weight. He hoped to worsen the bruising on the enemy's lower sternum to severe, and leave the brute winded at the same time. Meanwhile, his lowered head would snake forward, twisting (not turning) sharply to his right so that his right cheek was parallel to the ground. His jaws parted wide, tilting up to his left (aiming toward Enigma's lower abdomen) as he attempted to clamp his teeth around the last three vertebrae of Enigma's tucked tail with the intent to sever part of the black-hued tail tip. He would try to bite deep, attempting to get his molars around the tail, his top molars aiming to dig into the left side of the tail, bottom molars aiming for the right side of the tail, trying to chomp down hard. He wanted to taste blood, and he wanted to hear his enemy wail in agony, hopefully with the partial loss of his tail. And oh how he wanted to reach out and crush Enigma's hind toes, but he needed to keep his paws firmly planted and legs tensed to withstand the man's bulk on top of him.

Enigma vs. Xephyris || Maim: Facial scarring || Round 3/3

"Talk" "You" Think

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
11-06-2016, 02:36 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2016, 02:39 PM by The Judge.)
And the winner is...

Xephyris! Due to Enigma not posting in the allotted time, the fight has defaulted in Xephyris' favor. Enigma must give up by submitting, passing out, or fleeing.