ardent

Wakey Wakey Eggs And Bacey

Maria

gems
size
build
player
05-11-2016, 10:45 PM
When dawn came the rain had stopped. Maria awoke with the first rays of the sun, finding Shadow still in the den with her. This brought a smile to her face. He hadn’t tried to sneak off! She was excited, very excited, as she got to her paws. Carefully, sneaking out so that she would disturb him, the young maiden went to hunt.

She knew alone she wouldn’t find them much of a meal... But something to snack on would be nice. Something that could help them survive another day. That meal happened to do be another rabbit... Though not woman the girl killed herself. Seemed a stoat had tried to make the kill, but Maria quickly stole it form the other creature, much to it’s annoyance. Sure there were a couple tiny bites taken out of it but hey, it was still enough to be a morning treat.

As she arrived back at the hollowed out tree Maria dropped the rabbit down before it, barking inside. “Shadoooow~ Wake up! We’ve got breakfast!”

Shadow

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
05-12-2016, 05:13 PM
Sleep had overcome Shadow unexpectedly that night. The darkness that lingered in the dream world, almost appeared as a nightmare as he watched his friend being killed by his old alpha's own teeth and claws. The sound of his friend yelping and looking to Shadow with begging eyes to help him live, but what could he have done? He was a pup during that time, he could not do a thing if he really did wish he could save his old friend. The smell of his blood lingered in the male's nostrils, almost as if the brute was re-living the memory over again.

"I'm sorry...Eri..." Shadow spoke in his sleep, but, before anything else had taken place, the sound of a voice called out his name, causing him to wake up with a start. His crimson orbs shown with annoyance, but he would turn to hear that Maria was speaking to him about breakfast. As he stood up, he happened to see the scavenged rabbit upon the ground, meeting his gaze with Maria's own dark blue eyes. They had their own sense of beauty to them.

"You should eat, Maria. I can always go and find a meal for myself. It is not a serious deal if I skip a meal," he explained, walking out of the den and sitting down, watching the clouds part as some leaves dripped from last nights rain still dripping from them.

Maria

gems
size
build
player
05-12-2016, 07:41 PM
Maria met Shadow’s gaze, frowning as Shadow spoke. He told her that she should eat, but skipping a meal himself... Her tail lowered as she looked upon him. He walked to the side, watching the sky. Something was troubling him. Something more than a mere meal or her herbs could heal. She sighed softly, padding to Shadow’s side and placing a paw over his own. Her gaze was serious as she tried to meet his gaze. “Shadow...” Maria began softly, not wanting to upset him.

“Something is troubling you, that’s clear enough on your face. But skipping a meal is never a good thing to do. You need your strength, especially to recover from the wounds you sustained. They are smaller ones yes, but all wounds can present danger if not properly cared for.” Maria lifted her gaze to look at the sky, ears tilting back as she let out a soft sigh.

“You know... I came to Auster with my parents. My mother died when I was young... And my father well... Anyway I’m alone now... Or was... Until I met you. I want to make sure you’re taken care of, just like you’re trying to help me in your own way. So please Shadow, even if it’s just a couple bites, won’t you eat?”

Shadow

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
05-12-2016, 07:58 PM
The brute would listen to her words. His wounds were small, but he had sustained much more than small wounds when he as much younger. Emotional wounds that would probably never heal within his heart. A small sigh escaped the male as Maria had a serious expression on her face, explaining that she was alone and that her mother had died, and her father probably left her and her mother by the look of things. Why would she even bother looking after him, when she should be looking out for herself more than anything. He would flinch some when he felt her place her paw on top of his own. Obviously they are different as day and night that much was certain.

"Eating is the last thing on my mind right now, Maria," Shadow spoke, his voice showing a sense of anger that was boiling up inside of him, not at her, but himself for being so weak when he was younger. His crimson eyes would be covered by ebony eyelids. "I have been plagued by the same nightmare for months on end, watching my friend be killed and be told that I was weak for not even having the guts to save him. Having to watch scavengers pick away at his body by the very same alpha that killed anyone and everything in his wake; including his own pup..."

Shadow reminisced back on when he was still in the pack, being a year old and yet, he was a pupsitter. Though he did not enjoy the task, for some reason the pack pups had enjoyed his company. The alpha's son loved playing and wrestling with him, but, when the pup made an error when fighting his father on a mock fight to show off his strength, his leg had been twisted. Though it was not serious, the entire pack snarled and circled the pup. Shadow could not watch as the alpha killed his own child without a second thought. That was the last straw for him, and he left without looking back.

Reality came back to Shadow when his claws dug into the soft mud, leaving a paw print. He wanted nothing more than to tear that alpha limb from limb, but, he did not ever want to go back as he looked to Maria. "Go and eat, Maria. I will go and hunt for my own meal, I am just too exhausted and angry to even think about eating." He turned his head back and focused on the clouds, speaking quietly yet probably loud enough for Maria to hear and understand, "I'm sorry...Eri...Kiba..."

Maria

gems
size
build
player
05-18-2016, 05:57 PM
Maria gave a soft whine when Shadow spoke again. His words sounded edgier, though she figured they were not at her. Something was stirring in him though, something that he would soon share with her. A nightmare, a nightmare that had been plaguing him. Having watched the sky scavengers peck away at the poor child’s body... The girl gave a soft whine, her ears tilting back once more. What kind of cruel, sick monster would have killed their own kid?

Maria shook her head, leaning into Shadow as he told her to eat. “No.” The maiden whispered softly. “I don’t want to... You’re not well... And it’s my job to treat you.” She frowned. “It’s not just the wounds of your body... You’re mind, your heart is wounded too.” But she wasn’t entirely sure how to treat wounds like that. She lifted her head, licking Shadow’s cheek, trying to comfort him. “What would cheer you up, Shadow? Is there anything I can do?"

Shadow

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
05-18-2016, 06:08 PM
Shadow would keep his eyes closed as the bodies of his friend and the child continued to plague his mind. All he saw were the two of them, laying dead and being torn by scavengers looking for an easy meal. If he were still within his old pack, he would have killed the alpha without a second thought. Monsters such as him and his pack do not even deserve to breathe the same air as those who try and be kind to others. Shadow sighed, keeping his head down. Had he become just like his old back? Torn and beaten, and believing that a sight of blood would help ease his troubled soul? No. He was evil, that was what he always told himself. But, he had the decency to only kill those who he believed deserved it, and to let the innocent go free.

That was when he heard the maiden talk about how he should eat, and that if there was anything she could do to help him to tell her. Well, he had not thought about it, nor had he cared at this point. Right now, he was trying so hard not to storm away and head back to his old pack and teach every single one of them a lesson. But, something within him told him to withdraw the thought from his mind. The feeling of the lick upon his cheek caught the ebony brute off guard, turning his head to her before looking back at the sky.

"I will eat soon, Maria...Right now is not really the time I want to think about my body at the moment. Right now, I just want to try and calm myself before I think of doing something stupid," he explained, standing up and walking away from the den, and away from Maria. He knew she would probably chase after him, but, right now he paid no heed to her and the thought of eating, just the thought of trying to control his anger as much as he could.

Maria

gems
size
build
player
05-18-2016, 09:18 PM
Shadow turned to look over at her, but he wanted to calm down. Maria gave a nod, but still a soft whine left her. She was racking her brain, trying to think of how to help Shadow in his time of need. He stalked away from her, away from the makeshift den they were in. She glanced at the rabbit and rose, calling to the brute. “I’m going to run back to my den... It’s not that far.” The girl then turned, starting back towards the den where all of her herbs were stored.

They were a small amount, enough for just herself... But they would do for right now. Selecting the particular herb she wanted the woman would then race back towards Shadow, hoping he was still present. The herb she had grabbed none other than lavender; a common herb used for calming others. Blue eyes searched for Shadow as she returned, hoping that he hadn’t left the area.

Shadow

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
05-18-2016, 09:35 PM
Shadow listened to the bustling of the birds as they sung their harmonious tunes as they traveled around the different areas to get warm. His fur blew in the wind as he shivered slightly but paid no heed to the cold as much as he should. When he had lived with his pack, the cold was almost a daily occurance and so he had grown used to it as a small sigh escaped him. His paws dug into the ground as he lied down, his stomach growling as pain coursed throughout it.

"I swear, Duso, my old alpha...One day whether it be by me or someone else, death will occur to you in the worst way possible I swear to it," he would lie down and close his eyes, panting slightly. Though he had eaten last night he had become rather weak, but Shadow refused to admit it to himself.

Maria

gems
size
build
player
05-18-2016, 10:11 PM
He was still there, thank the Gods. Maria watched him with a softened gaze, finally approaching slowly. The birds were singing around them in the autumn breeze; winter would soon be here though. With it would come her season, her coming of age. The young woman came up beside Shadow just as he finished speaking, moving the herbs before him before laying at his side. She wore a gentle smile, her gaze kind.

“Would you sniff this plant for me, Shadow?” The female asked gently. “It has soothing qualities. My father said my mother used it quite often during her anxiety spells. Perhaps it can calm the anger in your heart, at least for a while.” She lowered her ears, speaking in an even softer tone. “I don’t want you to hurt...” She whispered gently.

The she wolf settled her head on her paws, still stubbornly refusing to eat until Shadow was ready to. The male wouldn’t recover on his own... He seemed so... So stubborn! But that was alright, Maria decided. She would help him, just as he had helped her.

Shadow

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
05-19-2016, 12:25 PM
Shadow gave a small sigh and looked over, having seen the herbs after Maria had lied down beside him. The mixture of the herbs were indeed soothing, but pain still lingered in his heart. He would act that he was feeling better, though he was more relaxed than before he had to admit. The ebony brute placed his paw gently on top of Marias as a way to try and comfort her as he closed his eyes.

"I appreciate your help, Maria." He spoke, his voice monotone althougn he did appreciate the maiden's work on trying to make him happy and feel better. "But why would you even think of helping someone like me?"

Maria

gems
size
build
player
05-20-2016, 09:59 PM
Maria knew that herbs were not a cure all. She was naive yes, but not quite that naive as she looked upon Shadow, watching his moments, his expressions. But when Shadow placed his paw over her own Maria found herself wearing a gentle smile. She kept her head on her paws, her dark gaze shining with a bright sense as she tilted her head to the side. The young woman was glad that, even if it was just a little, she seemed to be helping Shadow out. It made her feel good to help others... Happier about herself and what she could do.

“I’m glad.” The young woman closed her eyes, twitching her ears once he spoke again. Why? “...because helping others is my calling. What I feel I was meant to do.” She’d glance at Shadow once more. “...and to me you’re not so bad. I think... I think you’re in the right to be angry with your old alpha. To want revenge.” Maria frowned, furrowing her brow. “I know of a poison... We could weaken him with it... Avenge your friend by killing him.” Even though she spoke of murder there was a certain naivety about her tone. Did Maria truly understand what taking the life of another wolf meant?

Shadow

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
05-20-2016, 10:08 PM
Shadow was stunned to hear this kind of talk coming from such a kind-hearted soul. Would Maria even have the guts to take another life and know what it feels to be regretful about something? The dark brute sighed, "As much as I want that son of a bitch to die, he will get what is coming to him soon enough. Even if it means I kill him myself," he spoke and closed his eyes.

"Maria, you do realize that if you take a life they can never come back? You will have to live with the guilt all your life. I already have a few wolves lives weighing on my shoulders, and I may not seem bad to you but deep down I am a monster who has killed and taken the lives of poor, innocent souls." He would dig his claws into the ground as he could feel his body tense up and he was beginning to become angry again.

Maria

gems
size
build
player
05-20-2016, 10:27 PM
Maria frowned deeply, listening to Shadow as he spoke. She knew how his heart yearned for revenge... But her? No, she didn’t yearn for revenge at all. But she did want to help Shadow... And she wanted justice for the wolf who was so cruelly murdered. She adverted her gaze, emotions swimming through her heart and mind. Could she live with such guilt? Knowing she stole a life away? She closed her eyes, thinking long and hard before she dared to answer.

“I don’t think you took the lives of the innocent.” Sure she couldn’t know that for sure, but Maria was placing faith in Shadow. Sometimes you just had to put yourself out there and hope for the best. The female looked Shadow dead in the eyes, her voice serious as she spoke once more. “I wouldn’t take the life of an innocent either. But if what you claim is true than this man is.” Maria flicked her ears back.

“If one kills, they will kill again. My father told me this. But we can choose if it is good or evil we kill. Those who hurt others or the innocent. If I’m going to have to kill someone someday then let it be the wicked. I want to help, Shadow. But...” She frowned. “I’m not sure if the herb I need will be in season anymore. We might need to wait until Spring to set the plan in motion.” She moved her free paw over his own so that they had one of her paws on the bottom and one of them on top.

“I promise... I’m not going to abandon you... If... If this is true... I want to help you take him down.”

Shadow

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
05-21-2016, 09:21 PM
The dark brute gave a small sigh as he listened to the woman's words. Why would she even consider helping him? Didn't the maiden know how dangerous something like that could become? Even if they were to take his old alpha down, there would still be a chance that some of the pack might come and hunt them down. The was the last thing that the brute needed right now. Plus, he did not want to see Maria get hurt, even though it was not in his nature to care for another so much; or so often for that matter.

"Even if we use the herbs, Maria, there is a chance that the alpha might even see through the trick we had planned out for him. You know how dangerous and unforgiving he is. Please, I ask that you do not help me fight him. I need to fight my battles on my own." He spoke, standing up and walking away from the maiden. Shadow thought that perhaps now would be a good time to pay the old alpha a visit. If he were to die, then so be it, if not, then he would at least have had his revenge taken place.

-exit Shadow unless stopped-