size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantFamousChristmas 2019Treat 2019Promptober 2019
05-24-2016, 01:23 AM

She'd never been this way before, and it was only thanks to the frozen sea that gave access one season out of the year that she would come to explore it. Large paws gently tested the ice, making sure it was strong enough for her to walk on. Satisfied that it would, she continued on, the ice bridge cold on her paw pads. Her ears flicked off the snow flakes that fell from the sky, it wasn't snowing enough for a blizzard, but it was reasonably colder then in the pack lands. She was curious about the island though, wondering if it would even be hospitable to live in. Though even if it was, it would do no good to be cut off from the mainland when the bridge was gone three seasons out of the year.

It took her a while, the sky cloudy and gloomy by the time she arrived on the other side, but she was awestruck by what she saw. The ocean was at her back, and in front of her, a glacial crater reaching towards the sky. No doubt there would be interesting things to find, but for now she would investigate the outskirts of the island.

"Speech"

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Ganta

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
05-31-2016, 12:18 PM

As it stood his father was dead. Ganta had, for a time, fancied that he might build himself a pack. A family of his own. But alas the young man thought on it more and well, over time, decided that it would not be his cup of tea. While he wanted power, to rule everything would surely invite trouble. If not from his heritage by those seeking to claim it from him. He knew he was not ready for such responsibilities yet. Perhaps one day, he thought, but now? No... He would wait.

Ganta had traveled back to Boreas after some time away. He had been with ‘saken and their mother, trying to help her... But alas the woman had lost it. Ganta had been able to do nothing to save her and, feeling defeated, he set his sights on making a new life for himself. It was a shame that Forsaken hadn’t come with him... But alas his elder brother had never really liked the younger litter from the get go.

Ganta had discovered this glacier only a day or so before Avalon. He had rested here on the island, snoozing lightly in the snow. He wasn’t too cold... He liked the cold. But he was a bit on the lonely side. Things needed to change.

"Talk" "You" Think

I'm here without you...

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

05-31-2016, 11:12 PM

She always had a love and hate relationship with the ocean. On one hand, she had grown up near the ocean. The early stages of her life spent in and out of the soul sand cove. She loved the calm and serenity. But on the other hand, it was also where she'd spent alot of her time waiting for a family that would never return. Day after day, night after night, she sat there staring out at the ocean. But they never came back.

Pushing away the thoughts, she focused on her investigation of this isolated land. Her frame was softly covered with snow flakes, but the woman paid no mind to it as she pushed on. After the better part of an hour, the air began to mingle together the scent of ice, salt water, and...another wolf? Curiously, she perked her ears as she padded forward in search of the other. Were they friend or foe? Obviously, nobody familiar to her. Even as the scent was strong, she only saw the snow covered rocks against the back drop. She frowned for a moment, could her senses be playing tricks on her? "Hello? Is anyone there?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Ganta

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
06-12-2016, 07:56 PM

A voice caused Ganta to stir. A soft, feminine voice... Almost motherly to his ears. Maybe his mind was playing tricks on him, mingling with the dream he was having of his mother, Arietta. All the same though Ganta opened his silvery-white eyes, blinking as he lifted his head from the snow. The white stuff cascaded around his coat, now revealing the bits of fur that were brown instead of white. He let out a long, loud yawn, his gaze slowly focusing as he looked around. That was when he saw her.

“Hmm? Oh...” The young man found himself wearing a small smile. “Didn’t expect anyone else to come out this way. I hope I didn’t startle you?” His voice was kind, though there was a bit of proud tone to it as well. Ganta’s bright gaze focused on the femme as he tilted his head to the side, giving her time to answer before he went on about anything further.

"Talk" "You" Think

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

07-01-2016, 06:19 PM

Slowly, a mound of snow would shift and rise in front of her, causing her to stop where she was as she stared in surprise. Had this wolf been sleeping under the snow? He was a curious looking young boy, the fur on his head was longer then she'd ever seen, and his markings were another oddity. Then again, she figured she shouldn't be so surprised by markings, considering there were plenty with strange marks, but the ones she met were few and far in between. Amachi was probably the strangest she'd met, or so she recalled anyway.

She shook her head, amber eyes meeting the boys ghostly gaze. He was so young to be out here alone, especially this far north. "No, of course not. I'm just a bit surprised." That was true. She seemed to mirror his head tilt, not on purpose but out of genuine curiosity. Flicking her ears free of snow, she would voice her internal question. "This might be nosey of me, but...what is one so young doing way out here? Are you with your parents?" He had to be, right?
"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter

Ganta

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
07-17-2016, 07:48 PM

The young male kept his head tilted to the side, focused upon her. Surprised? He supposed one might be surprised to see a wolf rising up out of the snow like that! But on the next question Ganta let out a light laugh. “I’m not that young, ma’am. I’ll be two come this summer.” He was what, a year and a half? My how time seemed to fly. The boy righted his posture, his expression turning a bit more somber as he kept his gaze focused upon the femme.

“As for my parents? No, I’m not with them. My father was killed in a death match and my mother, well...” He shook his head. “I’ve been separated from my siblings for a while too. My older ones didn’t care for me very much and well...” Shiro had been missing along with Squirrel for a much longer amount of time. And what of Obscoro? What was going on with his poor blind brother?

Ganta shook his head slowly. “Forgive my prying but you smell of a pack, right?” Ganta had grown a bit tired of being on his own. He missed being around others. “Do you guys live here in the North?” His voice was soft, genuinely curious. Little did he know he was actually speaking to the pack leader of the very pack he was inquiring about.

"Talk" "You" Think

I'm here without you...

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

07-29-2016, 09:26 PM
"I'm not that young." She felt foolish for having even asked that. Of course, he wasn't as young as she had first thought. Then again, she was getting older. So maybe she was getting to that age where everyone under a certain age were young ones and whippersnappers and such. Smiling an apology, she tried to hide the embarrassment. "Right, sorry. I must be getting too old. You're around the same age as my children, I should have known better."

Then he told her about his family, and instinctively her ears flattened and her heart went out to him. So he'd lost his parents? One in a death match no less? She was curious, and the only wolf she knew who'd been in a death match recently Arian and Sin, and then Cypress and... "You're Sin's child, aren't you?" She wanted to be sure, though his scent was similar but it was hard to figure out sin's true scent with all the blood that covered his pelt. She was a bit hesitant now, but what kind of wolf would she be of she judged him right away based off of his father? His mate was nice enough... "Erm, yes. Actually, I am the Chief of a pack on the mainland called Ivalice. My name is Avalon, what might your name be?" Another chance to see if this truly was the devil's son.

Art||Plotter

Ganta

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
08-07-2016, 07:59 PM

Ganta wasn’t angry that the woman had called him young. Compared to her he was... He was probably less than a third of her age or so, if that, not that he knew that simply by looking at the wofless. But she was old enough to have children about his age, and that told the boy she was at least twice his age. He breathed in as she asked if he was Sin’s child, giving a small nod. It looked as though he’d been stung. He hadn’t suspected anyone might guess his father off the bat, though with the clue he gave, well... It wasn’t as though death matches were being had right and left.

“I am.” Ganta let out a soft sigh, gaze shifting away from the wolfess. “Though I’m not like him, nor my older siblings. They had darkness in their hearts... And while I’m not the lightest wolf out there I know right from wrong.” His ghostly eyes returned back to the woman. “I’m Ganta, Ganta Hellstrom-Lore.” He spoke the last part of his name proudly; he was his mother’s child.

“Do not get me wrong, Avalon. I loved my father, he was still my father after all, but that does not mean I had to agree with the things he did. Just like I don’t agree with the man who killed him in the death match. More and more blood will spilled... If I know my old siblings things won’t end there.” Ganta kept his ears pinned flat against his head.

“I’ll be honest with you too... I’m tired of being alone. I don’t know if you can find it in you to give me a chance when my father was who he was, but if you do... I can promise to work hard. I’m more of a fighter, but I know a bit of healing arts too.” Ganta dipped his head to the she-wolf. If she didn’t consider him he supposed there was always the battlefield to try and get a pack.

"Talk" "You" Think

I'm here without you...

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

08-08-2016, 06:39 PM
So she was right in her guess. He was Sin's child, and she was surprised to find that he looked nothing like him save for the white pelt. The rest? Probably from his mother's side. She listened to his long explanation, storing his name away for the future. Ganta...while he still retained his father's name, at least he also had his mother's name to even out what Sin had created and possibly destroyed. But who was she to judge that? Then when he mentioned about his other siblings, and the man who had killed his father. So...Cypress had created more enemies, and if Ganta was right, then Sin's eldest would do what they could to make sure they paid. The thought made her shiver, and she thought about going over to Myriad to warn her nephew, but thought it best to stay out of it. Arian had started a feud, it wasn't her business or place to get involved.

She had listened with open ears, hearing his plea and his promise. While she'd wanted things in Ivalice to change, she wasn't going to refuse him a place if that was indeed what he wanted. She didn't want to be the one to judge him because of his father. So the most she would do would probably be to just keep an eye on him...She didn't want to distrust him, but there were already some in her pack who put her on edge as it was. "Ganta, I will not judge you based on your father's actions. You sound sincere and honest, and if you really wish it, then I will grant you a place within Ivalice. Just know that you must prove your loyalty and work hard if you wish to remain. Unfortunately, since I created Ivalice in the fall...it's been rather quiet."

Hopefully this mild warning would help him understand the situation she was in. She didn't want to force anyone out, and she wanted those within to take it seriously as it was their home that she had so easily granted to them. "The rules and laws are simple, and as long you promise to work hard, then Ivalice will always be your home." She smiled at him, allowing him a response to her words before making the decision absolute.

Art||Plotter

Ganta

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
08-17-2016, 10:19 AM

Ganta gave a grateful nod when Avalon spoke; she wouldn’t judge him based on his father’s actions and, for that, the young man was grateful. He would need to prove his loyalty and work hard if he wished to remain; something that could be expected of any pack wolf, in all honesty. The young man tipped his head. “I thank you Miss Avalon. I promise that I will work hard to prove myself. I also understand that things within a pack can be tough, particularly for a leader, but I’m sure you’ve got a good head on your shoulders. With age comes wisdom after all.” Ganta gave her a small smile. It wasn’t just a mere compliment, but something he truly believed in.

The young man shifted, his ghostly eyes remaining fixed upon the woman beforee him. “Miss Avalon...” The young man mused. “If I may be so bold... Do you know why your pack has fallen so quiet?” His brows furrowed. “Are others... Taking advantage of that kindness? Getting a free ride?” Ganta wasn’t necessarily trying to start trouble, but he didn’t want to see his new home be a ghost town either.

"Talk" "You" Think

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

09-12-2016, 09:41 PM
She smiled when he responded. Thanking her for granting him a place and promising to work hard to prove himself. She hoped so, because so far...it seemed that others had said the same and were still on their backsides. Her ears moved slightly at his words. With age came wisdom...she supposed it was true. For her, maybe only partially. She was still learning, she hadn't been an alpha for long so she was still taking it as it came day by day. "That may be true, but not for everyone." She wouldn't go into further detail about it. Not when she hardly knew the boy, though he seemed very sincere and honest. Perhaps later if she got the chance to get to know him better.

She figured it was time to lead him home, but before she moved, he would speak her name. Amber gaze met his, wondering what other questions he might have for her. What he asked was unexpected, and it was evident in her gaze as she appeared a bit surprised by it. Ironically, he asked her what she had been wondering. He asked what she had been wanting to know as well. "Well...I'm not exactly sure...I don't know if it's because they're still settling in, or if they just wanted somewhere to stay during the winter." She shook her head, unable to really figure out why. "You raise some good questions...things I have been wondering myself. I've always been kind and generous...I just hope that they are not taking advantage, but..." What would she do if they were?

Art||Plotter

Ganta

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
09-19-2016, 08:21 PM

Ganta frowned as Avalon answered him. So she wasn’t sure… that was no good. The young man flicked his ears back, giving a soft sigh. “Well… If you feel that they are, Avalon, you’ll need to take action. An idle pack is a targeted pack.” The brute spoke with a sad tone. He lifted his ears again, though when the young man spoke his words were still quiet, yet serious. “Sometimes a wolf must be harsh as a leader. This does not make them a bad wolf… but we must all work together to survive… or together we will all fall.” Ganta tried to offer her a smile. “But enough of this dark talk. I think you’ll know what to do when the time is right.” He took a pawstep forward. “Shall we?”

"Talk" "You" Think

I'm here without you...

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

09-30-2016, 08:07 PM

Her ears flicked as he spoke, a thoughtful look crossing her. He was right. And she didn't want to be one of those, not when she worked so hard for it all. Things would need changing, and she would definitely keep an eye on the pack and its members to see how much they truly wanted to be there. She nodded to him in understanding, wondering what kind of leader his father was. Though she was sure he was the iron grip type. Maybe not a tyrant exactly, but a leader that nobody would cross or do what they were doing to her. While she doubted she could ever be that harsh, maybe she could take some things she learned from others throughout her life. She did want to get to know this boy more though, and she'd make it her mission when they returned. He was a smart boy. Wiser then someone his age should be, though considering what he'd been through and having a father like Sin, she shouldn't be surprised. At his motion forward, she pulled from her thoughts and nodded. A smile crossing her lips "Yes, let's go. On the way perhaps we'll catch a warm meal for you, and then you're free to find yourself a den." With a lightly wagging tail, she turned and led the way home.

-exit avalon-

"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter