Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Famous
05-28-2016, 01:21 AM (This post was last modified: 11-14-2017, 10:04 AM by Peregrine.)

TRADING  & The MERCHANT'S GUILD :

Trading is a system designed to be maintained by players, and one that is meant to enrich the world we all love to play in. Below you will find the details of a system designed to allow players to keep an “Inventory” of sorts, and give players another layer of reward, realism, and new reasons to plot and thread with others! Below you will see I have created a list of suggested items; This is by no means all-inclusive! Anything your character would logically be able to find in that area is applicable in this system, limited only by your creativity. (That being said, please make sure you have done any necessary research and have achieved reasonable conclusions. Cacti at Cathedral Point? I think not!)

STEP 1: Determine what you intend to gather! I have made a list of frequently sought after items you might want to gather in game. The herbs from our herb guide and animals from our prey guide have all been added, as well as a few extras. Please send me a PM if you have any ideas of items which should be added to our master list! If you would like to gather something not on this list, feel absolutely free do so. Please gauge rarity based on real world scarcity and whether or not that item would be considered 'exotic' for that area. If you are not sure feel free to PM me or grab me on Skype, I'll be happy to lend a hand!

1 – Common/Easy

Herbs:
-Agrimony
-Alfalfa
-Dandelion
-Earth Smoke
-Marigold
-Meadowsweet
-Motherwort
-Valerian Root
-Yarrow
-Cannabis

Animals

-Rabbit
-Squirrel
-Fowl
-Fish

Other

-Simple Shells
-Small Feathers (small and plain in color)
-Rawhide binding
-Small Pelts
-Berries
-Moss

2 – Uncommon/Average

Herbs
Elderberry
Marshmallow
Periwinkle
White Willow Bark
Ayahuasca
Salvia

Animals
Mule Deer
Whitetail Deer
Wild Asses
Gaur

Other
Shellfish
Metalworking (trinkets)
Simple Necklaces
Small Fossils
Woven containers
Large Pelts

3 – Moderate/Challenging

Herbs

Boneset
Horsetail
Juniper
Lamb's Ear
Lavender
Watercress
Wormwood

Animals

Elk
Caribou
Pronghorn
Northern Porcupine
Southern Porcupine
Dik-dik

Other

Fancy Shells
Bracelets/Bangles
Fancy Feathers (Peacock, other male plumage)
Bamboo containers
Salt
Insects
Raw Clay

4 – Rare/Difficult

Herbs

Alder Buckthorn
Lady's Slipper
Trillium
Wintergreen
Wolfsbane
Fly Agaric Mushroom
Kava
Khat

Animals

Desert Bighorn
Dall Sheep
Tapir
Water Buffalo

Other

Honeycomb
Amulets
Large Fossils
Pottery/clay containers
Semi-Precious Stones
Embers
Sap/Pitch

5 – Very Rare/Very Difficult

Herbs

Ginseng Root
Jimson Weed
Psilocybin

Animals

Bison
Musk Ox
Moose
Okapi
Takin

Other

Alcohol
Metalworking (weapons/armor)
Live Coals
Glass containers
Precious stones

STEP 2: Commence Threading! Depending on the items rarity, you will need to complete a certain amount of rounds to successfully obtain the item. This can include the entire process from seeking out the item to preparing/transporting and storing it. All rounds must be dedicated to some part of the process to be considered valid. If you miss a round other players may continue without you. You can make up rounds after, but you cannot reply only to yourself!

Common: 3 Rounds
Uncommon: 4 Rounds
Moderate: 5 Rounds
Rare: 6 Rounds
Very Rare: 7 Rounds

STEP 3: Determine quantity! This is a matter of judgement, and part of the player's responsibility to use the system the way it was intended. If a plant is rare, the character is probably not going to find bushels of the stuff. They might find two or three ginseng roots, but they will not find an entire crop of it. If they are searching for bangles to wear, they will likely only find one pair in good shape, and it would have to take them all five rounds to do so! Please keep in mind weight as well. A character can only transport so much, logically. Be sure to clarify how they are planning to move and store what they gather, as it may affect the quantity they should receive!

STEP 4: Some things to remember!
When considering max Carrying Capacity:

Herbs – Average equivalent of 1 cup of fresh leaves is 1.5oz. Drying takes between one and four hours to complete. Plants will lose 1/3-2/3 of their weight after dried. You might want to take a peek at this website, which allows you to search common plants/herbs and find their weight under certain circumstances. It doesn't have everything, but it's a great tool to help you ballpark and research!

Meat – Spoils if not properly cured/dried. Easy to carry a little, difficult to carry a lot. A whole ham weighs on average about 20lbs.

Other – Do your research well! Your character probably won't be carrying more than 20lbs at a time. If they can contrive a method to do so, they may be able to pull as much as 50lbs, with great difficulty. Anything more would be far too unwieldy over any real distance. The more wolves you recruit to help, the easier your task will be, and the more goods received!

STEP 5: Add gathered items to Profile, under Miscellaneous. Here is a sample format and example of what that might look like:

Date Gathered // Item Name – Rarity – Quantity & Notes

INVENTORY

7.15.17 // Elk Hide (Large Pelt) – Uncommon – 1 full hide, 1/2 of another
7.28.17 // Blackberries (Berries) – Common – Approx. 2 cups dried (2.25oz)
8.04.17 // Juniper – Moderate –  Approx. 1 Cups driedc

STEP 6: Update Frequently! Things in your inventory will EXPIRE if they are made of organic material! Please go through your inventory frequently to make sure that everything is as it should be.

Fresh Herbs will rot in 2 OOC Weeks.
Dried Herbs will lose potency in 2 OOC Months.
Fresh Meat will rot in 1 OOC Week.
Dried Meat will spoil in 1 OOC Month.

STEP 7: Trade with others! Using this system brings an element of realism and goal realization that I personally (and hopefully other people also) find to be very rewarding! It's purpose is to add extra flavor and ability for players who want a little something extra to add to their role playing. Perhaps you need help finding a certain herb, and you'll offer a bit of something else you found the other day as payment. Perhaps your character has fallen ill, or needs tended by a rogue after battle? Perhaps you need to bribe your way out of  a sticky situation? The limits go only as far as your creativity!

MARKET DAYS: Occasionally, wandering bands of NPC travellers will come to Boreas and Auster to set up a temporary market! Their inventories will be procedurally generated, with many various items you might have a hard time getting your hands on otherwise! During their stay, you're welcome to thread and trade with other members, or even thread out successful purchases in a bidding thread, which will be posted in the OOC boards. More instructions regarding this will be included at the top of each caravan's OOC bidding thread, as their rules may vary from group to group. The Caravans may appear at any time, will stay no longer than a week, and are subject to leaving again at any time once their supplies or business starts to dwindle!

Please do not reply to this thread!!!

I will be using it to keep up a roster of current merchants and a record of events. If you would like a character to begin trading, you do not need my permission to join in!! PM or Sykpe me if you would like a character added to the roster, I only ask that you stick to the rules outlined above to keep things fun and fluid for the rest of us. If any packs would like to formally begin trading goods, I would be happy to record their stats here as well. Tag your threads with [T], [$], or [TRADE] if you are looking to attract other merchants. If you would like to see more items added on to the trade list, I would love to hear your suggestions! Feel free to PM or Skype me regarding any questions or additions you would like to see made. Thanks for reading! <3

Peregrine

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Famous
05-28-2016, 01:21 AM (This post was last modified: 11-14-2017, 10:05 AM by Peregrine.)

CURRENT ROSTER :

Peregrine Myre,

TBA,

TBA,

TBA,

Peregrine

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Famous
05-28-2016, 01:21 AM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2017, 09:00 AM by Peregrine.)

CURRENT EVENTS :

DATE, Type of Event - Location.
DETAILS

(Currently this is here as an example, as the event did not play out to fruition!)

June 25th - ???, MARKET DAY -  Fern Gulley; South Boreas.
All welcome to join, all goods welcome to trade. Threads can officially be started at any time, should you choose to play out your interactions.

Initial Inventory:
LEVEL > Name (Amount Available / Total Weight / Individual Weight (Autobuy point price)
1 > Alfalfa (14 bundles / 103.6g / 7.4g ea.) (3)
1 > Dried Salmon (13 steaks / 3.44lbs /120g ea.) (4)
1 > Fumitory (16 Flower clusters / 32.5g / 2.03g ea.) (3)
3 > Juniper (24 sprigs / 56.7 grams / 2.36 grams ea.) (7)
4 > Alder Buckthorn (14 strips of bark / 114.8g / 8.2g ea.) (8)
4 > Wolfsbane (22 Sprigs / 22.44g / 1.02g ea.) (9)
5 > Psilocybin (22 mushrooms / 92.4g / 4.2g ea.) (11)

Peregrine

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Famous
05-28-2016, 12:44 PM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2017, 10:05 PM by Peregrine.)

PACK  INVENTORIES :

PACK NAME,
Current Inventory; Alphabetical (Quantity)

ABAVEN
HERBS: N/A
MEAT: N/A
OTHER: N/A

CELESTIAL

DAUNTLESS

RISEN EMPIRE

LIRIM

TALIS

Peregrine

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Famous
05-30-2016, 09:24 AM (This post was last modified: 11-14-2017, 10:12 AM by Peregrine.)

F.A.Q :

I've never done a gathering thread before, how do I get started?

-Just go for it, my friend! Pick an item, figure out how many rounds you'll need, and run with it.

How much can I gather of X item?

-This is up to your judgement, not mine! Just remember, a huge part of this system assumes that players will be realistic and honorable when editing their inventories.

How does trading between packs work?

Thats mostly up to you guys! I'm planning of making some events that will involve certain items becoming more valuable than others, but the drive has to come from you guys. The more motivated your members are, the more you'll have to offer!

More to come once y'all actually ask me some questions!