Shadow

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
06-03-2016, 12:05 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2016, 01:40 PM by Shadow.)
The ebony man would happen to come upon dry grasses coated in the alabaster that was the now. The cold nipped at the man's paws; causing him to shiver slightly from the frigid temperatures. He was usually used to the cold, but when he had been a nomad for a year of his life, seasons and temperatures were not really something he cared about the slighest.

The sounds of deer bellowing their calls reverberated through the landscape. Even some rodents such as squirrels and even some mice scurried upon the alabaster sheet. One even happened to be mocking Shadow by chattering at him before running back into the trunk of the oak tree a couple feet away. His crimson orbs rolled in annoyance before walking onward and coming upon a stone den he could rest in.

The stone floor was hard and cold against his body. Though it was better than nothing as he lied down and had his cranium on his paws, focusing on the moon and stars as the snow glistened from the moon and star's light as he was rather content at the tranquil scene.

Roza

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Athena I
06-03-2016, 01:36 AM

Roza knew her father didn't like when she went past the pack boundaries, but she really wanted to catch herself a late night snack and she just wasn't having any luck around the mangroves! The grassy plains were right next door on the other side of the border that went around the hot springs so it wasn't even like she was going that far... at least that's what she told herself to convince herself that she wasn't going to get in trouble. Besides, wouldn't her dad be so proud when she brought home her own prey! She had left Abby back at home as well since her friend wasn't quite ready to fly just yet and she knew she wouldn't be able to keep the bird on her back while she was hunting.

She trotted out into the grasses and was immediately glad she did. She could hear the little mice and squirrels everywhere. Now whether she was actually going to be able to catch one of them was a whole different story. She crouched down into the grass like her father had taught her and like how they had practiced with Bright Moon and inched forward, listening and searching for their scents. She followed the scent of one of the squirrels until it finally came into view. It was digging at the dirt for something, which worked just fine for her. She inched forward a little more before she sprung forward, but her paws missed the rodent by an inch. The squirrel darted away from her and Roza chased after it, too stubborn to just call it a loss and search for new prey. The squirrel ducked into a den and without thinking Roza followed in behind it. She saw the larger wolf's form moments later and she skidded to a halt a few inches from him. Her prey darted back out into the open and she watched it go with a huff before looking back to the man in front of her.

She didn't really know what she should do. Should she run back out as well? Maybe the squirrel had the right idea. She dipped her head guiltily and started slowly backing out the way she had come. "Sorry! I didn't mean to! I'll just go, sorry!"

"Talk" "You" Think

Shadow

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
06-03-2016, 01:37 PM
Shadow had been ready to fall into a deep slumber, but that was when he happened to catch a little ball of fluff bolting after a squirrel. He found the scene rather comedical, but he kept his focus on the little wolf before she would stop abruptly and come toward where he resided. Though, she did appear rather shocked and scared when she happened to see him, but Shadow only closed his eyes and gave a slight smirk. "No need to leave, Child. You have the right to stay here, I mean no harm to you," he explained before focusing on the stars as one flew across the sky as it appeared to be falling.

"I saw your scene with the little rodent. You need to be more cunning than your prey." His ruby orbs shimmered from the starlight that ran across the sky as he focused on the young pup's own eyes. "Mind if I ask your name?" He asked, his right front paw crossing his left as he kept his focus on the young pup that now resided in front of him.

Roza

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Athena I
06-04-2016, 03:01 AM

She stopped at his words, hesitating at the entrance of the den. She should really be getting back... Dad wouldn't like it if he found out she was talking to a stranger out of the pack lands in the middle of the night! She was breaking so many rules! But then he mentioned her needing to be more cunning with her prey and her ears flicked back against her head and she frowned. Well she had tried really hard and if he hadn't been there maybe she would have cornered it! But he was probably right... She huffed grumpily and sat down on her haunches with a soft thump. She blinked when he asked for her name, her ears perking back up. "Oh, I'm Roza," she replied, still pretty grumpy from him pointing out her poor hunting skills, but distracted from that for a moment. "Who're you?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Shadow

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
06-05-2016, 10:06 PM

Shadow would close his eyes, part of him wishing to catch some sleep, but with a young pup in his presence he wished to give her his undivided attention. His crimson orbs shimmered with kindness as he was never really harsh with young wolves.

"My name is Shadow. But, some just call me Shads." He thought about the snarky name that some of his old pack members would call him. He hated being called that, but since she was only a child he did not mind it as much as some might think. His eyes lightened and softened as best as he could get them so he did not seem intimidating to the young child. As his eyes would shift from the child to the snow that drifted outside, he thought about helping the girl with her hunting skills as best as he could.

"If it is alright with you, I would like to possibly teach you a bit what I have learned in hunting. That is if you do not mind me doing so," he explained, a small grin appearing across his muzzle.

Speech Thought Others

Roza

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Athena I
06-13-2016, 01:38 PM

"Nice to meet you, Shads!" she replied, quickly perking back up. She did enjoy meeting new people and she wasn't the best at keeping up that 'stranger danger' mentality. Especially not when the new wolf in question had an adorable nickname and seemed to be very, very nice. His offer surprised her some, but who was she to turn down that kind of offer. She obviously needed some help with her hunting and at this rate she was going to miss out on her late night snack if she didn't catch something soon. Why not let him teach her something in the process? "Sure!" she replied with a smile, her ivory tail wagging. After a moment she quickly added, "Maybe just a quick lesson though. My dad doesn't like it when I'm out too late so I should be getting back pretty soon. But a little hunting won't hurt!" She hopped to her paws, her tail still wagging excitedly. "What are we going to do first?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Shadow

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
06-13-2016, 06:45 PM

The ebony man gave a small smile to the young pup. It was obvious that she indeed wished to learn from him, and it was rather shocking nonetheless. His crimson orbs sparkled with enthusiasm as he looked in front of the entrance to the den before getting out and looking out for a possible area to teach her. When a clearing happened to come into view, he would walk her over to it before sitting down upon his haunches.

"Well, the key to hunting is to make sure that you stay away from where the wind is blowing from. Due to the fact that your prey will more than likely smell your scent and bolt off before you get a chance to catch it. Also, sometimes it is best to hunt at night, for me that is usually the best bet since the shadows usually keep me hidden. Thus, giving me a chance to catch my prey rather easily." He stood up and pressed his paws upon the ground and closed his eyes,
"It is also best to feel the earth under your paws each time you take a step toward your prey, so that you have a better chance of not making a sound."

Speech Thought Others