Lourdes

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
06-16-2016, 10:35 AM

This ground was new to her, each surrounding aspect foreign and odd. Her old land was not apart of this that she was now upon. She did not mind, a new land meant she would be able to find new food. The very thought sent a flare through her stomach; she was hungry. A deep breath exited from her lungs, brown eyes exploring the vast terrain in front of her. Sounds of a river soothed through the air, and soon enough her wandering paws led her forth to the body of water.

Her coral-colored tongue licked at her maw, the idea of fishing entering her mind- but she also wanted to get a feel of the land first. The air was slightly cool, and no doubt the water would be a bit chilly. Lourdes would not let that frighten her off, and she took the last few steps closer the the river, watching it.

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
06-16-2016, 02:29 PM

The grande was a nice place to be. Rivaxorus had gone here many times before, he was just happy this winter was so mild. The tip of the alpha's tail flicked. He couldn't help but to feel that things were too peaceful. It was a bad feeling to have highly considering things were going well within his pack. The bi colored eyes he had looked across the terrain. Stopping when he spotted a lady. Of course, much smaller than the tall man himself. She seemed to be trying to fish. He didn't wish to disturb her, but a fish seemed to be a small morsel. Especially when you were hungry.

Fish at this time of year were also scarce. Mild winter or not the fresh water fish of these rivers moved elsewhere. Since his paws pressed into the cold water. He lowered his head and kept a few feet away from her. Yet still let out a bark to let her know he was here. "Excuse me miss, but I couldn't help to notice that you were looking to hunt? I could join you and bring down something bigger - fish at this time are hard to come by." he smiled towards her. "My name is Rivaxorus II you can call me Riv." He certainly hoped that she was a kind lady. Though he was well aware he could defend himself if need be.

"Talk" "You" Think

Lourdes

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
06-16-2016, 03:46 PM

The silence had been all around her, cloaking her earthy figure and giving her an calmness. It didn't last long, and for when she thought she was alone- another soon appeared. Her gaze snapped over when words were spoken, doe-like optics peering at the male whom had his head lowered, halting a few feet from her. Timidly, she took a small step back, gaze flicking to her left and right in case she had to make a speedy get away. He didn't come off like the menacing type, but his figure was larger than her own, and she had learned to never mistake a carefully placed act.

"At what cost is it for your aid, Riv?" Her soft-spoken words came out, eyes warily watching over him. She had learned that a helping hand from others always came with a price, and that's usually why she had been doing everything on her own. "I am Lourdes." She gaze her name, being polite in return- but it could be seen in her eyes that she did not quite trust him.

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
06-16-2016, 04:10 PM

It was obvious his size startled her. For good reason, he knew how distrustful this world was. It was only a matter time that she would realize he wasn't going to hurt her. She asked what price, and then introduce herself. For a moment Riv had to think, he didn't want to flat out say it was for nothing, because then she'd get suspicious more over him. "A little bit of your time, for a friendly chat and some food. It's nice to meet you lourdes" he responded kindly. "If you would have me of course." he rose his head and looked towards a direction.

"With how mild the winter has been, small deer still remain." he noted as he looked back towards her. She seemed like a nice girl. He certainly hoped that she was at least. Though he knew many wolves had things hidden underneath their fur. He wasn't a very judgmental male. Not much got to him either if others tried to provoke him.

"Talk" "You" Think

Lourdes

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
06-16-2016, 04:43 PM

""

A few moments ticked by in silence, and Lourdes kept her watchful gaze upon him. He hadn't attacked her yet, he didn't come at her full force- in fact, he was still being quite nice. It caused her to loosen her muscles slightly, the urge to flee slowly slipping away. His words then came once more, and his tone was just as easy and calm as it had been at first meeting. She let her mind think over it- small deer sounded far better than fish, and with his large frame there was no doubt he'd be able to help her bring something down. Usually she stuck to smaller game, but today would be different.

"I suppose that sounds alright,"  Her voice began, agreement seeping from her lungs. "You've got brute force, no?" She inquired, taking a few steps forward and beginning to walk closer to him. "You can probably tell I am built off of speed and agility, a plan won't be too hard for us to make." Her tone was light as she looked to him, taking a position by his flank and looking around the area. "I am new here, Sir Riv, therefore you probably have more knowledge on the area. Care to lead?"  She inquired gently, doe-brown eyes gazing at him with expectancy.

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
06-16-2016, 05:43 PM

She was just about his aunt Amalia's height. So it didn't bother him much. Knowing wolves both bigger and smaller than he was. As she seemed to get more comfortable, he to would relax himself slightly. Being a stranger was the hardest part of any start of a relationship. He was happy to feed her though, he had a pack. Catching prey and being well fed was not a task, so he could only imagine how it was for a loner that was her height. "I do excel in force I suppose. My body was just built that way." He had never really thought about it. Since he was still fast despite his size, this being from constant training.

As she said they could come up with a plan and that he should lead. He smiled, inside his head laughing a bit. "It would be an honor - I do in fact actually live in south. Though I've been all over due to my family relocating when I was a bit younger." He would start in a short search. Nose close to the ground so he could find the recent herd, or rather probably a mother with an almost adult baby. "When we find the target, you could run after it to separate it from whoever its with. If you run it towards me I could take it down. Make sure to keep your distance though since they do still pack a kick." he smiled as he caught onto the scent. Not far off from where they were.

"Talk" "You" Think

Lourdes

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
06-16-2016, 07:19 PM

""

She nodded easily at his first words, holding back her small smile. She could tell her had brute force, perhaps not the strongest- but much more than herself. She let her ears perk as he spoke of the south and how he knew the lands. "The south is nice, I prefer it over other lands." She commented lowly, before her attention flicked back to the land. They began to move forward, and Lourdes let her nose skim the terrain, breathing in while her mind worked out through the scents.

He began to speak of a plan, and Lourdes nodded silently. It was perhaps the most efficient for them, her speed and his strength; they'd make a good pair for this task. Her brown eyes focused on the area, and soon enough the scent came to her. Her head snapped to his, tail flicking behind her as she nodded forward. "I'll wait for you to take position- try to blend in and stay silent." She spoke with a hushed voice, body lowering down into a crouch as she watched him- waiting for him to move forth and get into position.

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
06-16-2016, 09:41 PM

The south was nice. After all, the weeping woods would forever be his home. His knees bent as he looked towards her and nodded. With his colors it made it a bit easier to blend in. He quietly moved to be about fifteen feet in front of the deer. It was young, the mother by its side. However since winter was coming it was filling out to be an adult. It would be an easy target and snack for the two wolves. Well, he wouldn't eat much for Lourdes sake. As his shoulders rolled inward he stared almost like a cat.

This was a simple price to pay for a conversation with the lass. After all, he could tell she was older than he was. There was a lot she could teach him. Rivaxorus was happy enough to meet someone new. Refreshing each moment, even if those he had connected with now was still an exciting task to take on. His tail flicked as he patiently waited for his hunting partner to make a move.

"Talk" "You" Think

Lourdes

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
06-16-2016, 10:34 PM

""

He was silent as he moved off, and Lourdes silently thanked the gods that he had stayed silent. Her brown gaze went to the target- the young deer that had begun filling out into an adult. Lourdes had only ever gone after something like such with her old pack, besides that her game consisted of rats, hares, and other small critters that roamed around.

Holding her breath, she began to inch her way forward. The more distance she could eliminate- the better chance she would have to help bring down the deer with Sir Riv. She came to a halt as the wind began to blow, and knowing that her scent could very well be traveling- she didn't waste another moment. Back legs launched her small and lethal figure forward, a snarl rippling from her maw and sounding into the air. It did not match her usual easy-going and gentle appearance- no, this was her huntress. The deer instantly spooked- the mother leading the younger one to the left, but Lourdes was quick to sprint at the younger deer, scaring it from it's mother's side and barreling straight forth to Riv. Her growls echoed and continued, paws pounding over the earth. Once Riv took aim and brought it down, would she take a lunge and inflict harm.

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
06-16-2016, 10:46 PM

Predator in him woke up. Eagerly watching movements and having his muscles spring ready. This is what his training stood for, survival. Also, being born and raised a pack wolf, knowing full well they worked as a unit, he was predicting her movements. As the wolf began into a chase, the woman separated the young deer from the mother. It started to barrel towards him unaware of his presence as he sat so still in the bushes. At the right moment he used his back legs to push him powerfully forward. Opening his jaws to clamp shut on the side of the deer's neck.

The young thing thrashed, as he tried to pull both his limbs on top of its shoulders. Using his size to his advantage. Now if just Lourdes got a hold of its hind quarters. It would eventually stop struggling and perish. He he pinned his ears to the back of his head and kept his jaws on its neck. Cutting off oxygen to its brain and hoping the lacerations would make it die.

"Talk" "You" Think

Lourdes

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
06-16-2016, 10:54 PM

""

The young deer was oblivious to the harm that stood in it's path. There was no room for guilt, this was the circle of life. Her sharp gaze watched as they drew closer and closer to Riv, and soon enough, the bulk of mass burst from the bushes- seizing the young deer by it's neck and pulling it down to the ground. Adrenaline rushed her veins, and without waiting, she instantly pushed herself forward and took part of the action.

The hind quarters of the deer bucked and thrashed, causing the hold Riv had to be harder to keep. A look of determination splayed on her face, body moving forward and taking hold of the hind quarters- timing her assault perfectly as to not get kicked. Her legs wrapped around them, jaws biting down on the flesh as she began to wound it, blood seeping onto her maw. The more it would tire, the better. It would end it's suffering sooner, and she could only hope Riv had a good enough grip to get the kill shot.

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
06-16-2016, 11:06 PM

As the deer thrashed, Riv would switch his position. Holding it harder as he opened his jaws again and clamped them on the front of the neck. The deer gasped but soon it's struggle started to die down. His own force over coming it. The young deer soon stopped and drew its last breath. He stayed on the animal for a few more second to double check before finally letting go and catching his short breath from the quick hunt. Quick as it was, it was a bonding time for all wolves.

He looked to Lourdes and smiled at her inching a bit away from the deer as he laid onto his stomach comfortably. "To be honest... that's my first joint hunt with someone." he would confess. "Although I should have participated in my packs group hunt recently I guess alpha duties just caught me up." Rivaxorus' ear twitched. The mother was long gone now, however he shut his eyes to silently pray thanks to his gods. Then turned back to the woman. "You can dig in first Ma'm." his gray tail flicked.

"Talk" "You" Think

Lourdes

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
06-16-2016, 11:17 PM

""

The life began to slip away, slowly leaving it's figure as the struggles of the deer became less and less. Strength left it, and once the limbs stopped withering, she knew the job was done. Slowly she let herself release the deer's hindquarters, her grip vanishing as she gathered back up to her fours. Her breath heaved, but with the deep inhales she was beginning to gather it back. Her maw was stained red, but that was to be expected in a hunt.

Looking over, she noticed that Riv had released his grip as well. Honestly, he had done a fine job with the hunt- and she was truly thankful to of had his help. She would of been stuck with a few fish by now, but instead there was a young deer at her paws. She watched as he settled onto the ground comfortably, and Lourdes slowly lowered to her haunches at the back of the deer, looking to him. His confession came out and Lourdes arched a brow- the small sign of surprise on her maw. "Truly?" She questioned, almost as if he was fibbing- but why would one lie about something like such? Ah- his words continued and more surprise filled her. "Pardon, I had not known you were an Alpha." She replied, gazing at him and then back to the meal. She had just hunted with an Alpha- one that wasn't so hard and crude. "What is your pack's name?" She asked gently, before her maw lowered down and began to bite into the deer's flesh, her movements easy and mannered- obviously showing her neatness.  

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
06-16-2016, 11:35 PM

An alpha was no surprise to him really. Well then again he thought it was a difficult task. All of the lives of his members lied within his paws. "I turn two this upcoming spring, but I guess my life was too complicated to be in a pack hunt." Rivaxorus told her as he smiled at the fact she was eating. Food meant life, so for another day she would be walking around and living. Life was something very precious to him, since so much of it could be easily lost.

"It's nothing, no need to treat me any differently. Just means I've got a lot more responsibility on my head. We're called Myriad. We live in the weeping woods and sea's plain not far from here." Rivaxorus gestured towards his territory. As he then took smaller bites of the deer. He wasn't too hungry to be honest - he truly had just wanted to help out a stranger. After all no one could remain strangers forever. "Since you're new to Boreas you could always consider joining my pack. You're well off in hunting, my aunt is about your size and I never underestimate a wolf due to size." he smiled.

"Talk" "You" Think

Lourdes

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
06-16-2016, 11:57 PM

""

The meat set easily on her stomach, and she was glad that the small hunger pains were gone. There was far too much food for just her here, and even if Riv started to feast- she doubted he would consume the rest of it. Her ears flicked as he spoke, part of her paying attention and the other part chewing the meat in her mouth. The male wasn't even two years of age, and he was already an Alpha? It was a shocker to her, back in her pack only adults of three or higher were bestowed such a rank. Yet, she could not look down on the male. He showed great potential of an Alpha, and unless he proved her wrong, she would not judge him badly.

"You're an Alpha, Riv. It is something to look upon differently; you are a protector and a provider, someone your pack looks up to. You deserve the respect that comes with the title of Alpha, Riv." She spoke, her opinion coming out on the matter. Alphas always had the highest of respect, and if they did not- another would take the rank from them and ensure the respect. It was natural, and if Riv did not see that than Lourdes would be bound to show it. "Myriad," She repeated to herself, gaze flicking back to his as an offer came forth. Join Myriad? She would be honest, becoming apart of a pack was one of the things she had been wanting and desiring. Yet, she didn't want to become apart of a pack and set to a low, pitiful rank. Although she was a gentle female and a sweetheart, she knew her worth as a hunter. "If I consider joining, what rank will you have me be? You have seen a glimpse of my skills, Alpha Riv, you should know my talents spread farther." This time she let her voice come out steady and louder, when pack matters were involved- she made sure she was heard. Her head nodded to the meal, a show that he could now take his piece and fill his own stomach with food. "What is Myriad's goals? Customs? I will not be apart of something chaotic." She wasn't accusing the male of anything, but she also didn't want to be tricked into a pack that only caused havoc.

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
06-17-2016, 12:20 AM

Well it was refreshing to see what she thought. Rivaxorus thought of it as a burden, he wouldn't wish the position on anyone. Before he bestowed it on one of his children, he would surely make sure they were prepared. As an alpha he saw that his members would grow on their own. As a group as a whole as well. After all he knew nothing of Lourdes, not her past or what her quirks were. However he could see that she was smart. Someone who would make a nice edition to Myriad. "Well I guess it helps that you aren't from these lands. I spent a lot of time trying to not make wolves see me as my mother. She was rather infamous you see - and Myriad was created on my foundation of wanting to make something she could not." he wouldn't go into details just yet. She was still, after all, a stranger. Yet, it was better he share his life with her than someone he was close to right?

"Usually upon joining wolves would take a test on their chosen profession. If you wanted to go into hunting this would probably have been an example of a test. Hunters also act as spies and message givers." He would be straight with her. "You would start as a Kariudo , a level two hunter with your skills. They are allowed to go on scouting missions. Through time you could be a suta, a lead hunter and messenger. I also have Iwa positions open, which are basically secondary beta's. I wanted them to be more centered fighting but since there can be two of them I wouldn't mind if someone proved their worth otherwise. " She then asked about the customs and goals.

"We are hardly chaotic, but neither push overs. I concentrate on wolves who have potential. To excel in their chosen task and to offer a family where they will offer themselves and more. I try to keep ourselves out of other pack affairs, Myriad is allies with two packs because my uncle runs one and my aunt and god mother another. There was also celestial whom my cousin ran - at the moment I still need to visit again because I believe she retired and it's under new rule. We are fairly new, but that means we have more room for growth." Rivaxorus hoped that this would interest her. After all, he meant for Myriad to not only be a family, but also be a place wolves could look forward to seeing. That their enemies also would come to know that they protected their own to a point.

"Talk" "You" Think

Lourdes

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
06-17-2016, 12:40 AM

""

Being new to these lands did have a sense of advantage for the male; he could of told her anything, he could of lied and lured her into some wicked trick, but instead she sensed the honesty coming from him. It was what gave her an ounce of respect for him- that and the fact he had offered her aid on a hunt she might not of been able to do alone. It was interesting that Myriad grew from his own self, rose from the ground into something that she was now learning about. The mention of his mother only had her assuming that she had to be some ill woman, but her title or reputation should never of been assumed onto her son. Each individual was their own, and if Riv was trying to escape her reputation, at least he could know that she would not be one to judge him.

His words continued, talking upon the ranks and how she would of gone through a test- but this hunt they completed would suffice in that matter. Her ears twitched, an indication that she was listening- and interested. A Kariudo, a level two hunter- it meant he saw her skills above the commoner, an average. It brought a light to her eyes, and if anyone were to know who she was- it was that she was always one to strive for the best. Fighting was not her best skill- but she knew how to defend herself if she ever needed. Perhaps learning more on the talent would prove of worth, but for now she would stick and show the worth she had already in an aspect she knew well. His topic went to how the pack was not chaotic, and a relieved look crossed her features. It would of been a shame of Myriad was based on evil and unjust morals, but knowing that they were not and would only reek havoc if harmed, it sounded justifiable. After all, it was how her old pack was- to a degree.

"New is strong, you have a clean slate to build a reputation and legacy off of." She commented lightly. "What are these allies names?" If she were to ever come across one of the allies to Myriad; she wanted to know. She was often a female that enjoyed making and growing bonds with others, and if Myriad did have allies, she'd be sure to meet them. "I have a small amount of trust and respect for you, Alpha Riv." Her words started, gaze looking to him in the eye- not out of disrespect, but out of equality. "You've given me no reason to turn my back upon your offer or neglect the interest I feel for Myriad. I will accept and join into your ranks as a Kariudo, I vow my loyalty to Myriad and shall not betray or neglect my duties so long as it stands and thrives." Her head dipped slightly to him, a full acceptance of him as her Alpha.

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
06-17-2016, 01:14 AM

Someone as smart as her, he would definitely have to confide in her. Riv hoped with time they got close. Especially since she would be a new addition to the family. What would have happened if another pack had come by and stolen her from him. It would have been a sad fate, he thanked the gods that she was here now. Her insights were something he enjoyed thoroughly. She asked about their allies and nodded his head. "Fiori, they share borders with us. My uncle by the name of Leo is the king there. Ivalice in the north, my aunt and god mother Avalon is the alphess of that pack." he explained to her. He wouldn't have extended the offer to them if they hadn't been family no doubt. Here he was though, he watched her swearing her loyalty right there. Oh heavens, Zephyra needed to meet this woman. She showed more spark than most of the member. He didn't mean to be rude, they were all a pleasure and his family all the same. Just, he saw something in Lourdes he didn't see in most other wolves.

"Myriad would be lucky to have you." he smiled. "I do hope that small amount of respect and trust turns into something stronger over time." he relaxed his shoulders as he took another bite into the deer. Perhaps they would bring the rest of the scraps to the pack. It wasn't much but it would be a nice treat. "And please, Riv is just fine to call me. While I would be your alpha, your voice counts should you have an opinion on something." He implored members to think for themselves. Well this, had been a nice meeting.

"Talk" "You" Think

Lourdes

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
06-17-2016, 01:40 AM

""

Ivalice, Fiori, She put the names to her memory, making a note for herself that if she ever came across a wolf of such pack; she would greet them in the same manner she would any of her now packmates. Her spirits lifted at his words, a small smile edging at her maw. It felt nice to know she'd be apart of something once more, and perhaps she could help make the pack grow and conquer- to be a legacy known upon this new land. Mother would surely be proud of her, and father would be throwing a hissy fit. Either way, pride swarmed her own veins, and she had a feeling Myriad would grow to be a second family of hers.

"I'm positive it will, unless you do something wrong, otherwise you will of wished you'd never met me." Her tone teased him slightly- but there was also a hint of seriousness. She had vowed herself to Myriad, not to him. Therefore as long as Myriad existed, she would be at it's call and beckoning, to help provide and protect. Her loyalty to the pack would not be swayed, and unless it vanished into thin air, she would have to be dragged out of it to ever break the growing bond.

Her gaze moved and watched as he ate at the deer, the obvious sign of scraps being seen. There was plenty to give a few members of the pack, and she'd be more than happy to share their kill with them. She turned her head back to Riv as he began to speak, her head shaking lightly. "While I honor your words of my voice and opinion counting, you will be called none less than Alpha Riv by me. From where I was raised, calling a pack mate by their title showed your appreciation, gratitude and respect for them. Take it as a compliment if you may." She assured, giving him a small grin before she started to gather herself to her fours. "We have plenty of leftovers- surely the pack can get a good meal or so off of it." She stated, paw nudging at the lifeless deer. "Why don't you lead the way to the lands? After all- I need to learn the paths to my new home." There was genuine happiness and loyalty swarming in her optics, a feeling she had not had since her departure from her old pack. Nodding to the deer, her maw wrapped around on of the hind legs; prepared to help drag it back to Myriad, her new start.

- Exit Lourdes -

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
06-17-2016, 02:13 AM

That was something that he was glad to hear. If he ever went insane, put the pack in danger. There had to be someone there to take him down. Rivaxorus knew he was no exception to such things. Myriad deserved prosperity. He certainly hoped though that it would never be the case where he put his members in danger. They depended on him, and he always wanted to place himself in a form of authority where it was needed. A alpha that was not taken seriously, would simply meet a demise.

"If you insist on this, then please. Call me Riv-sama. It is a title given from my families native tongue. It means the same as Alpha Riv." He requested towards her. She seemed set on that aspect so he would enjoy it more if she put it that way. Nodding to her that he agreed the scraps to go to the pack. He stood to his paws, grabbing its head and helping her drag it back to the woods.

-exit riv-

"Talk" "You" Think