gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Famous
07-26-2016, 09:11 PM
Spring in the north was another beast entirely. As she'd come up from the western lands she was somewhat surprised to find the winter losing it's battle against spring. Of course the past season had been mild and spring so far had taken the land with gusto, but somehow it was strange to see the snowpack waning so soon. The gully they picked their way through was fairly torn up. Large chunks of rocks lay littered around the wash, one's Peregrine could hardly believe had been moved by anything but the gods themselves. Tsiry swore she had seen the gleam of gold shining out from one singular stone, but as of yet their search for more had turned up no results.

All around them life was crawling up through the cracks and crevasses. Young cedar trees and low scrub bushes battled for what little soil sat hidden beneath the crumbling stone, and she looked up to see Tsiry resting in the shade of one. She was about to call out, ridicule her for her laziness or something of the sort, when the sound of cracking rocks sounded out from higher up on the slope. Peregrine flattened herself to the ground and watched in mild horor as a rock the size of a coyote went sailing overhead before shattered another twenty yards below her. Her gaze whipped back to Tsiry and she laughed at the way her mouth hung open, and a little bit at the fact that she'd almost just been beheaded. Before long the storm of mirth had taken her by the gut, and she had to sit down lest she topple over anyways.

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
07-27-2016, 08:34 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2016, 07:32 PM by Karabela.)
Navigation - Marble Wash

Simply the act of moving was doing wonders for Karabela's mental state.  It had been far to long since she'd gone off on a tour of the lands around her and this day she opted to go north, far north.  Spring here was still cool but it was amazing how quickly spring was breaking in to the frozen landscape.  Raba flexed her toes, feeling the mud squish delightfully between them as she trotted down into the valley.  As she moved she caught the sound of a crash and laughter chiming through the valley and immediately started heading toward it.  My, my someone was having a good time.  Leaping down into a dried up riverbed she eyed the strange smoothness of the stone here, the strange patterns.  It almost stopped her in her tracks but Karabela wanted to know who was down here to.  Working her way through the twisting path of marble she caught sight of a woman with…. two strange things on her.  Spying the shattered boulder she raised a brow at the woman. "Changing the landscape are you?  Sounds like you're having a blast."

"Speech"

[Image: qqwoqe.png][Image: karabelas_by_nnightcrawler-dais5gp.png]
[Image: k1dtly.png]
I'll take my throne, lay it on a mountain and make myself a king

Peregrine

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Famous
07-30-2016, 08:09 PM

Peregrine's merriment was cut short by the voice of another. She looked up to see a fae about her age walking farther up along the side of the gorge. Once her words registered Peregrine let out another volley of laughter before responding, "Oh, little things here and there, you know! Just spiffying things up!" Far more likely was the possibility of the landscape changing her from a solid to a liquid, or at least a meaty pulp. She gave the darker woman a once over and concluded that she must be quite close to her in age, and wondered immediately what had brought her here. Was she searching for gold as well? "Are you familiar with the area," she asked while picking her way up the slope side in hopes of putting them on level footing. "I swear I saw bits of gold here among the rocks." She wasn't about to be selfish, especially if it meant the woman might give her a hand. So far her efforts had provided nothing of substance, other than bumps and bruises. Tsiry seemed growing used to her frequent diversions, and since she had not been eaten so far, was content to continue generally ignoring them.

"Talk" "You" Think
"Tsiry"

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
07-31-2016, 09:00 AM

Karabela leapt over the debris of the fallen bounder as the other woman spoke of spiffying the landscape up. Raba chuckled. "Well, I must say you have a real eye for design. The abstract forms of this boulder really accent well against the smooth surface of the riverbed." She winked at the other woman, tail waving lightly back and forth. It was nice to run into another wolf that seemed to be enjoying herself. The mood around Abaven had been pretty somber lately though she was hoping that would change soon. Raba shrugged. "Not really, I'm from the Eastern territories. Thought I'd do some exploring in the north and start working my way down. See if I can find any goodies, ya know?"

"My name is Karabela by the way, who are you? Also does your erm… friend have a name?" She glanced at the strange primate like creature that seemed to be accompanying the other woman.

"Speech"

Peregrine

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Famous
08-07-2016, 09:12 AM

The woman laughed alongside her, and Peregrine found herself feeling somewhat more youthful. Well, obviously Peregrine had good taste, she was a visionary! On a close look, she figured that this darker dame was just about her age, but she had never been all that good at pinning those things down. She claimed that while she wasn't from around here she was making an effort to explore and learn the lands. Peregrine grinned. "I suppose I can respect that. I'm more of the 'aimless wandering' sort, but I suppose goals are nice too." She shrugged and sniffed as if her statement could possibly be taken seriously.

Karabela introduced herself, and Pere supposed she ought to take it upon herself to do the same. "Most call me Peregrine, family name is Myre." Not that she was much of a family person anyways. She jerked her head towards Tsiry and her grin turned a bit more sinister. "The orange fuzzball is my lady-in-waiting. She tends to me every want and whim, it's quite lovely." Tsiry let loose an indignant screech and bounded over to her. Before Pere could flinch she leaped up upon her back and began tugging at her ears. "You know," she began, "Most days you aren't worth the trouble, you mangey, disrespectful scamp!" Peregrine winced at her ministrations but no price was too much to pay. She was learning to love introducing Tsiry to others, seeing as she had more barbs than a prickly pear. The lemur looked up at Karabela and spoke for herself. "My name is Tsiry, I am not her maid or any such sort, and if you left this one in the dust you'd be doing yourself quite the favor. She's insufferable." Peregrine was afforded a brittle blue glare. In response she could only shrug at this 'Karabela' character, because hey, who could argue with the truth?

"Talk" "You" Think
"Tsiry"

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
08-09-2016, 06:54 PM

Karabela nodded at Peregrine's answer. "Yea… I used to be that type to. Hell, I can't seem to stop aimlessly wandering anyway but it's nice to have a base to go back to." In some ways though she'd missed the wandering life but she was now a woman on a mission. She could no longer flit about fulfilling her desires and curiosity as she had in the past. She'd been born in Imperium, one of the most feared packs and precious lives had been sacrificed for her sake. There was a bigger purpose calling her.

"It's nice to meet you Peregrine." She chuckled at the dynamic between the two creatures even if she still wasn't quite sure what the lady-in-waiting was. "Shall I just call her Liw?" The lemur corrected her and she nodded. "Tsiry, that's a pretty name. Nice to meet you and insufferable you say? Well then! We should get along swimmingly! You see, I'm obnoxious." She winked at the ladies companion.

"Say, is there anywhere in particular you're wandering or for any reason or is 'aimless' really as aimless as it's meant to be?"

"Speech"

Peregrine

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Famous
08-12-2016, 05:49 PM
The woman basically agreed that the wanderer's life was pretty choice, which of course duh, it was. Peregrine smiled at her confession that she couldn't ever stop wandering because hey, she'd been there too. The idea of having a home base had been on her mind recently as well and she was suddenly quite appreciative to the powers that be for bringing the two of them together. "The idea of a home base is tempting, especially for me. I trade items and resources as a hobby and as a way to keep myself fed, but I can only carry so much." She pushed out her shoulder, letting the weight of her satchel pull it forward around her body and into a more noticeable position. "This helps a bit, of course," she said with a smile, wondering how Karabela would take it, if she would be fascinated like most wolves she came across.

Tsiry let out an exaggerated sigh as the woman named herself obnoxious and considered leaving then and there. Peregrine on the other hand was thrilled, and leveled the lemur with a shit-eating grin. Perfect. After Karabela asked where she was headed, well, how could she resist? "Just scoping out the territories, honestly. We've no where specific in mind. If you wouldn't mind, maybe we could keep each other company for a few leagues. I'm still pretty new to the realm." She gave a small shrug as if it did not matter one way or the other, but in truth she knew it would grate on Tsiry and that was reason enough to hope that the other woman said yes.

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
08-12-2016, 06:08 PM

Now this was truly pleasant. The warmth of the sun on her back, a cool northern breeze and a fascinating stranger to talk to. Even the strange primate with her clearly irritated sigh was a fascinating little beast in her own right. Karabela's ears stood up to attention at the mention of trading and resources. "A trader? That's fantastic! It's funny you should mention resources. As I've been wandering the lands of Boreas I find myself growing more and more fascinated with the wealth of treasures in this world of ours."

Karabela nodded excitedly at the idea of traveling with a companion. "It's been too long since I've been on a road trip and I'd be more than happy to go exploring with you. Unfortunately there's a pack directly south of here block a straight shot but we could go around it. There's some lands to the southeast I wouldn't mind exploring."

"Speech"

Peregrine

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Famous
08-13-2016, 03:17 PM
Peregrine couldn't help but grow elated in the face of this woman's enthusiasm. Many thought the idea of bartering with others was odd, or at the very least a sign of weakness. Sure, hunting wasn't her strongest suit, but that didn't mean she wasn't capable of plenty of other things! Still, it was always nice to get a little validation. Better yet, this darker damsel had already kept an eye on things. "Well in that case," Peregrine began, "I am very glad to have met you. Don't be surprised if I track you down from time to time, it's always nice to get new leads, after all." She'd had good luck with travel companions thus far, or maybe that was just the sort of wolves who lived in this realm. Yes, definitely a fine place to have ended up, she thought to herself with a smile. Karabela mentioned a pack nearby and Peregrine took note. She'd been thinking for a while now of enlisting the help of more established groups, disappointed that trade had still not found a foothold in Boreas. Well, they would just have to change that, wouldn't they? "Southeast it is! I've no where to be and no where to return to, so lead on!" She smiled and gestured dramatically towards the horizon.