Áki

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
08-15-2016, 08:38 PM
Aki could not help but let his mind wander more than usual lately. He was not young anymore - he wouldn't admit that he was old persay either, but it certainly made him think. There was nothing that he regretted in his life, but there was certainly much he had left to do before the end of his days. The brute hummed a quiet tune as he moved across the plains, feeling the tall grasses brushing against his belly with each step that he took.

The large male moved with little regard for the sound he might make, taking long strides across the terrain. Tusked head hung low, nostrils flaring as he sniffed at the air, examining the world around him. It'd been quite some time since he'd had a good fight, and though he continued exploring the world at will, he wondered if he was growing soft. Perhaps another trip up that mountain in the north was due soon. Tongue lolled from his mouth as the afternoon sun beat down on his back, and he trudged on quietly, no real goal in sight.

Renhett

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Arian
08-16-2016, 06:44 PM

Some fresh air in the south never hurt. Renhett liked to wander about anyway, she may have been in a pack, but she would always test the boundaries as much as she could. The lady raised her head in the air as she walked along the plains nearby the Myriad territory. Letting a shrill sigh leave her lips of somewhat relief. That was when a huge make caught her attention. Almost instantly her ears perked forward, and her jaw sat slightly agape. Taking in his scent and appearance. The man seemed carefree. What was most curious about him was those teeth of his. Her head tilted to the side for a moment.

Hopefully, he wouldn't mind some company. After all, Renhett had been told she could be a bit annoying. As she smiled she snuck across the grass floor until letting out a bark towards the giant."The plains are a nice way to pass the time aren't they?" she said, about ten to fifteen feet away from the male. She still gave him his space. Beady red eyes looking him over, twice her age almost judging by his scent and other things.

"Talk"

Áki

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
08-16-2016, 09:09 PM
Áki rarely strayed too close to packlands. He'd never been terribly comfortable near packs, though he thought fondly on his trip to Imperium - that had been bearable, though it was perhaps because of the company than more than anything. He continued his walk, his steps smooth and easy as he trampled through the grass. Each step felt more easy than the last as he grew used to the long grass tickling his underside, until he heard a stranger's approach.

The arrival of another was not unwelcome. Her voice grabbed his attention, and his tusked head lifted upward to face her. "It's not too bad here!" Aki called out light-heartedly, grinning in the stranger's direction. "Seems like a good place to find a snack, I'd say." Though not particularly hungry, something small to eat wouldn't be such a bad thing. He let out a soft grunt as he loped closer to the stranger, getting a better look at her through the long grass. "What's a lovely lady like yourself doing out here?"

Renhett

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Arian
08-16-2016, 10:46 PM

To say that she was a bit startled might have been an understatement. As her head cocked back slightly when he perked up, she was mesmerized more or less by his body. Anatomy wise, and now her mind was going through all sorts trying to figure out his insides. Renhett's ears would flick to the sound of his voice as she smiled and watched him. "There's plenty of easy birds to catch, though I don't know what a snack would be for you; you're twice my size." she meant no insult as she stood up. Still though, her black head would sit oddly on her white ears and gray body.

"I'm exploring, passing the time - the usual. I recently got myself caught up in a pack again, but I won't give up my freedom to do as I please." she had her ways of swooning pack leaders. As long as they weren't messing with her head of course. "My name's Renhett. What's yours? Are those fangs of yours a genetic thing or were you just... born with them." She tilted her head trying to get a better look of the things.

"Talk"

Áki

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
08-21-2016, 10:05 PM
One thing that Aki knew was that he wasn't terribly difficult to read. His emotions were worn quite plainly - though that often could be misconstrued as being forced - and he had little care for hiding parts of himself, as wolves so often did. Pleasure shone in his crimson eyes as she took the sight of him in. He prayed one of these days he might meet another tusked wolf so he might not be looked at so strangely, though truth be told, the attention didnt exactly bother him.  He was a bit selfish in the way that he adored attention, and was generally amused by the wayward glances he was given. It was irritating at times, though, when he wasn't in the mood.

He words brought a hearty chuckle, bellowing from his chest freely. A bird wasn't much of a snack, that was true, though he'd made meals of worse. A big fat hare was much more of a snack, he concluded. "I suppose that's true," he chortled as he ambled closer to her, closing the distance between them with a pawful of long strides. "Though most anything will due when you're hungry enough." He offered a shrug to accompany his words. This place was surely full of rodents, which he preferred much more than birds.

She explained she was just exploring. She was a pack wolf. He had nothing against them, though still didn't quite get what sort of life that must be - if anything, at least he could understand the appeal of ruling a pack, but being a member of one was something different entirely.  He hummed under his breath quietly for a moment. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Renhett. Name's Aki. The tusks run in my family, I suppose. My father had them also. Can't help but wonder if my future children might." He'd always pictured himself with children, though never with a family in the traditional sense of the word. He knew too that he wasn't getting any younger, and the thought of such things crossed his mind lately more often than usual.

Renhett

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Arian
08-22-2016, 04:00 AM

It didn't matter who it was or what they had, Renhett would always be interested.... in other wolves. Their lives, their stories, their faces. It excited her and she couldn't deny that she enjoyed it. As she smiled towards him he introduced himself. Judging by scent and appearance he was reaching up there in age. So when he spoke about children, she got a subtle hint there. His scent told her numerous amounts of things - no partner. Unless he had one and simply hadn't seen them in weeks after all he could always be interested in men but she didn't get that scent off him either of being around just about anybody for too long.

"I could help you catch a few rodents Aki. Surely a strong young woman like myself." she mocked for a moment in a playful way as she wiggled her tail. Smiling at him she hoped he didn't take offense. "I take it you lack a partner though..... if you want kids that can be difficult since many have a belief pups should always be raised with two parents or wolves who are loyal to each other I guess. " she looked off. After all she grew up with a single father.... before he died in an accident. Well she threw the thought away and looked at Aki.

"Talk"

Áki

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
08-22-2016, 09:20 AM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2016, 08:16 AM by Áki.)
The strength of familial bond was something Áki had always known to be an important value to him. The blood that ran through his veins, the Jarvela blood, would always be a constant in his life, no matter where he went. He shared much more than culture and religion with his sisters and cousins, and hoped dearly someday he could pass on their lifestyle to children. The thought had been weighing on him more frequently lately, and though he hadn't meant to bring it up to this stranger it seemed he did so without meaning to.

He grinned at her playful banter, nodding. "I wouldn't be opposed to that," he admitted, and his stomach grumbled in agreement. The topic shifted to the last thing he'd mentioned, though; she was more aware than most wolves he knew. His scent was simply his own. Occasionally he might lie with a man, or a woman, but for such a short period of time that their scent would fade like a leaf on the wind. He was clearly a rogue, and one with no family.

Unsure what exactly she thought herself, despite her words, he'd murmur in low approval. "I'm afraid I'm not one for.. partners, in the traditional sense," he found himself chuckling again. Perhaps he might someday find someone he could tolerate for longer than most, but he would never settle down in one place, nor could his love be contained to just one wolf, no matter how deeply he might care for them. His interests were too fleeting, and his passion burned too strongly; he found himself sighing then, wondering if children might ever be a reality for him.  "Though children are something I do want before my days come to a close." He wasn't looking for a solution, or even insight into this conundrum, but he was happy to talk with someone about it regardless. It wasn't a topic that came to him often, only more frequently now.

Renhett

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Arian
08-26-2016, 06:12 AM

Renhett was still deciding how to approach this man. He was interesting, dearly interesting. A smile crossed onto her face and it wasn't even his appearance by now. It was the fact that he was an interesting gentleman and in a way they were the same but they were not. When he said something about not having partners in a traditional sense she laughed. "I know the feeling." she commented as the wolf would raise and start to use her senses in the hopes of grabbing some rodents for her new found giant friend.

"Have you ever thought about having a surrogate mother. I mean female wolves can have pups on their own all they want. But I'd hate to think a male who wants a pup not to have that right." she questioned for a moment. Her black tail flicking behind her. Once a rodent was in her sights, she would pounce over to it. Lithe body enabling her to snap her jaws on the thing as it died. She scooped it up and dropped it at Aki's feet.

"Talk"

Áki

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
08-27-2016, 08:13 AM
It was curious that she mentioned that she knew the feeling, but the comment was so offhanded he wasn't sure if he ought to reply to it at all. He'd nod simply, his gaze following her as she stood and began to sniff around them. It seemed like she was looking for something,. but he'd stay in his reclined position as she spoke again.

A surrogate mother? The thought hadn't really crossed his mind. Truth be told, Aki had never been one comfortable with.. compromising. He didn't want to be tied down to anyone, nor any place. And he realized that he would, in fact, have to compromise if he was ever to have children. Not for the child's sake, perhaps, but because of the mother. Would any mother really give up their child with no qualms? He thought about it as she loped away, snagging something up and heading back.

"I suppose I haven't thought about it much," he admitted tentatively.  "Until now, at least. I can't imagine finding a mother who would be okay without having..." How could he explain it? He shrugged his wide shoulders.  "Without really having a family. Perhaps it sounds selfish of me."  Grateful for snack, he'd grin appreciatively and began to tear into it, offering a muffled  "Thanks" between bites.

Renhett

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Arian
08-29-2016, 12:49 AM

She wouldn't apologize for the conversation. After all Renhett enjoyed digging into others brains. Their mind was what was so damn sexy to her more than any coat would be. Actions and their head meant more to her than anything. As for pups - she had upon a time debating having them just for an experiment. Though she doubted a pack would appreciate that thought. Renhett smiled for a moment, she probably shouldn't have been so blunt but she was.

"I wouldn't mind Aki." she told him with a simple tilt of her head. "As I said before, I'm no woman for tradition and I don't really care much for ' a family ' as to say." Renhett straightened herself again. "No strings attached, besides it intrigues me about a man wanting pups. I was raised by a single father for a majority of my life - so I kind of get it." her shoulders shrugged and she wondered what his reaction would be.

"Talk"

Áki

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
08-29-2016, 06:47 PM
He'd truly, honestly never considered having a child with a partner; he'd never met a wolf who'd expressed interest in such an arrangement. Perhaps doing it with someone he had no or little attachment to would be good, now that he thought about it. Commitment had never really been his thing, and he wasn't sure how easily he could mix those two things - his relationship with a lover and that of a parent of his child. Either way, it didn't sit well with him . He mused over it as he tore the rest of his snack apart, ripping what meat he could from the bones and gulping it down gladly.

Her words were more blunt than he'd imagined. She wouldn't mind? His brows pulled together in a tight knot. Was she saying she wouldn't mind in general, or wouldn't mind with him? The latter seemed a much more daring thing to say. His gaze lifted to her.   "No?" he'd reply lightly, curious.  He was admittedly intrigued, as this was something he'd been casually considering for some time now. He had to remind himself that he would almost certainly never be able to have a child without their mother being some part of their lives.. but to what extent? "The.. spontaneity wouldn't bother you?" If she was actually referring to having a child with him, and he wasn't even sure if she meant that, not completely.

Renhett

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Arian
08-29-2016, 07:14 PM

It seemed she really had pulled his interest in. It was something Renhett had to think about, the factors of it all. The worse that could happen was the pups questioning their parents - however she was a live and let live kind of person. Freedom played a vital roll within herself and her own religious views for that matter. That and completely respecting Aki's own in itself. She was a seeker of information and she hadn't really felt the need to get that attached to someone. Wolves came and went in her life. Some even died, but the beauty of it all was not knowing what would come next in their lives.

"To be honest I'm actually surprised I haven't been knocked up yet by some mysterious male that I've slept with." she confessed raising an eyebrow. That said something about her promiscuous nature all itself. Renhett laughed a little bit before sighing and relaxing herself. "Besides, I'd rather it be you to take pups of my paws because you want them. It sucks not being able to get something you want when it's only a tail lengths away." her red eyes looked over him. "I can stick around you until the child is born, and if the pup wants to get to know me that's all in good - but I value freedom above all things as I'm sure you do too." She shifted a bit. "Consider it a gift and a favor from a new friend that you don't need to pay back."

"Talk"

Áki

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
09-06-2016, 07:24 PM
What was the worst case scenario, honestly? He wouldn't be surprised if he'd fathered children he never knew existed; and it wouldn't upset him much either to know he didn't know them. Things in life often just.. happened, with no real reason or purpose. But what if this thing didn't work as planned? It was rare that Aki really wanted something, and when he did he made certain it happened. He pondered over it as Renhett eyed him, starting to speak again.

"Hmm," he'd muse quietly. She honestly would be willing to help him become a father. The idea, while something he'd been mulling over for awhile, still felt suddenly spontaneous.  Aki wasn't used to feeling uncertain about anything at all, but suddenly felt a tight knot form in the pit of his stomach. He had no doubt he could take the child from her, if she decided against what she was saying now; he wasn't afraid of that. It all just felt strange to him, but thrilling in a way too.  "Are you certain?" it felt like quite a sacrifice for someone she barely knew.  "I can help keep you fed and protected while you're carrying them." He didn't love feeling obligated, but a slight inconvenience to get something he wanted, he could deal with.

Renhett

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Arian
09-08-2016, 03:55 PM

Renhett liked to give if she thought something was interesting. Someone who was used to using her head to analyse things. She could tell Aki was struggling over maybe she not holding her end of the deal. Well that wouldn't be a problem. The only reason she'd be having kids to keep would be to study them. Sure she probably would feel anything a mother would, but this was to help him. She had no desire for kids or a family - it was simply when he was growing old. It would've been a crime not to have some sort of bane out there in the world. So that his lineage didn't die simply because of traditional laws or the sort.

"If you'd have me I'd like that." she smiled towards him. "Don't be hesitate Aki, I am a wolf of my word - I would never double cross you." she tried to reassure him that way. Plus it wasn't as if she'd be around constantly. She'd travel with him and stay in close proximity - but then if she needed anything from afar a simple howl would suffice. Renhett would turn away from him. Exposing herself with a flick of the tail. He shouldn't hesitate as she looked back towards him for a second. Take me as you will kind of expression. She was no stranger to this after all.

"Talk"

Áki

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
09-19-2016, 08:29 PM
He wasn't one to usually think of the worse possible scenarios. Aki was a man who preferred to take each day as it came, without much planning or consideration. This, though, was something entirely new. What if Renhett disappeared? The thought of keeping constant watch of her wasn't pleasant, but seeing her slip away with his children wasn't that wonderful of a thought either. It seemed to be a risk he was willing to take. He'd murmur softly again as he thought it over, considering all the possibilities he could think of. "Others can never truly be trusted, not fully," he admitted simply. Renhett was little more than an acquaintance to him, but he got a good instinctual feeling about her, and that went a long ways with him. "But I have a feeling you are more honest than not, Renhett."

Perhaps more honest than he might always be, even. He studied her for a moment. She was giving him a fair amount of trust, too. He'd expressed wanting the main responsibility of raising any children that she'd have - what if he disappeared, instead, and left her with them? Both of them had to give an uncomfortable amount of trust for this to work. Despite that, he felt exhilarated suddenly in his decision. Her seductive glance only solidified his choice, and he grinned as he made his way toward her. Though he'd come to this decision suddenly, it felt more right than anything had in awhile, and he was careful as he swung himself onto her, with ease - he was no stranger to this either, though their goal was something definitely unique to him.

- fade -

Renhett

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Arian
09-23-2016, 05:14 PM

Of course something like this Renhett would be eager for. She enjoyed it maybe just as much as any other lone wolf. It was another way to get to know one another. Her thoughts would concentrate and him and only him, though that was the case to begin with. Her brain wracking through and assessing him. Only to be clouded up with other thoughts. She'd be experiencing something knew. She had every intention of fulfilling her promise. She didn't care about her what ifs something went wrong. Even if it hurt her she wanted to give him the chance to have his kids. Either way, she let the world fade with those thoughts.

-fade-

"Talk"