Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
08-19-2016, 05:34 PM

Time was not on his side anymore. Nor had it been kind to him in the past. Since joining Fiori and finding that his daughter was also there, sent a ripple through the old man's heart. He had been so happy to hear she was alive and safe, but he had kept his distance from her too. He felt that he had wronged her. That she hated him. And he didn't want to face his little girl for fear that she would be angry with him. He had lost everything to find her. His wife, his old home, his other children. While he'd been out searching for Ashe, he'd found another that he'd fallen in love with as he was sure Ashtoreth hadn't waited all the years he had been gone. Hell, he still loved her...but he didn't even know how she was or if she was even still alive. And all these thoughts broke his heart more and more. How could he face his long lost daughter?

He needed a sign. Some sort of guide to tell him what to do. He didn't want to die with the thought that they all hated him for leaving, when all he did was try his hardest to do right for them. He'd fought in a war to defend their home, but in the end so much had been lost. The Adravendi's were scattered about the winds, and he didn't know where his own family was. What had he come back to? What had he missed? The male sighed as he settled down at the edge of the lake, summer insects buzzing and the fireflies dancing around him.

Selene I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser
09-14-2016, 01:41 PM

Selene had nothing but time. That's what happens when you're young and dumb and full of life. Young and dumb and full of existential dread. You could be both, right? She was both. She was most certainly both. As she raced herself over the ground around the lake that had captured her attention on this day... on this lately... she couldn't help but feel both things burning brightly inside her mind. How the starlight child loves her summer days and how heartbroken she will be to see them go. Still, she's racing her own shadow in the fading light of day. One day, the scorn of the moon will outpace it entirely-- or so she dreams.

It's too late that she sees the timbered man swathed in fireflies. Lithe and agile as ever, it takes three elongated strides before she's gathered to leap over him. Soaring through the air, she's entirely stardust as she does. When she hits the ground on all four feet, Selene is surprised with even herself. The shock radiates through her body, ending with her teeth audibly clipping shut, but she feels nearly giddy with it. "Ah, I'm ah, I'm real sorry... I didn't see you, it was an accident." Selene's weight shifts from foot to foot as she looks at the man-- he's not a giant like many of those she's encountered in this strange, strange place. Still, she moves forward to poke at his shoulder with her nose. Gentle, fluid, moving as if it's her turn to be the shadow entirely. A greeting customary of her people.

~Selene
[Image: PeVC6RS.png]