gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Wynn
08-09-2014, 05:34 PM

The ebony female didn't risk her litter's chances with the herbs as she softly chewed on a small amount. Ever since she had found out, she had cut back on her daily and nightly doses of medication. Faolan and Ara had both agreed with their mother and she was happy they knew enough about the lavender to keep her mind at ease. The hormones that slowly pumped through her body helped with her developed panic attacks, making it less of a big deal for her to take the plant. Her life, near its end, was having a nice plateau.
However, she hadn't told the father yet. She silently pondered how he would react to their belated life miracle. Bronze had been happy with the news the past few times she had given him news, but maybe his reaction would be different. Nevertheless, she would be prepared for either one. Green eyes softly looked around and her nose quivered for his scent. He was around.
Silent had been laying a few meters from the fall, where the roaring had downsized to a mere purr to her ears. She finished chewing her dose and softly called, "Bronze." Ears perked and eyes scanned the foliage, waiting for his tan form to burst through to her side.

"talking"

Bronze i

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
-
08-09-2014, 06:52 PM

Something had changed with Silent, but what it was -- it wasn't immediately obvious to him. She had grown somewhat detached and quiet, but not in a way that alarmed him enough to bring it to her attention. He had those days, too; days where he preferred to be left alone, to refrain from talking, to simply exist with her and little more.

He had no reason to worry about her. If she had something to tell him, he was certain she could not hesitate to do so. His morning walk was cut short by her gentle call, beckoning him to her side, and it was with little hesitation that he rushed to greet her. He moved as quickly as his tired paws would carry him, and acknowledged her presence with a gentle lick to her cheek, brushing his cheek against hers in earnest affection. "My darling," he spoke gruffly, a sigh of contentment leaving his parted jaws at reuniting with her. "You called?"

Silent I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Wynn
08-09-2014, 07:00 PM

"I did indeed, my dear," she softly said, smile playing on her lips as he gave her a nuzzle in greeting. She couldn't help but return it, gently licking his cheek as he closed the distance between them. Silent didn't feel like moving from her spot, so she gave a soft whimper and hoped that Bronze would end up curling up next to her. If he did, she would be content; if not, she would hope that he would sit in front of her and meet her at her level.
Ears remained perked and eyes twinkled as she took in a gentle breath and wrapped her hind legs with her tail. "I have some news to share, my dear," she began, hoping she wouldn't catch him completely off guard. "I went to see Novel and other day -- Song's daughter -- because I had some concerns with my health..." Silent had been pregnant enough times to realize when she was carrying a child inside of her, but she wanted to be sure. "Everything seemed all right, but she had a surprise for me...Darling, we are pregnant."

"talking"

Bronze i

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
-
08-09-2014, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2014, 08:42 PM by Bronze i.)

She seemed glued to the spot, and so he would happily be the one to close the distance that separated them, eager to feel her familiar touch even after only being away from her for a few hours. She let a soft whimper escape her lips and he would only tighten their embrace, slowly shifting himself so he was at her side, his head aligned with her own. Only then would he lower himself to his belly to press against her side, letting his nose trail along the side of her neck, resting on the crook of her jaw and throat.

She began to speak -- saying she had news to share. Ears would perk in keen interest, wondering what she could possible know that he did not. Silent explained she had visited Novel with some concerns... and... he found his heart clench slightly, worry for her health creeping up in his throat, a slight whine threatening to escape his pursed lips. But the news was significantly more terrifying.

She was pregnant.

They were too old to be parents again. Bronze found his brows furrowing, concern shining in his deep brown gaze as he shifted away from her so he could look at her more easily. "You're certain?" he asked carefully, a stupid question for a woman that had given birth half a dozen times, but he had to ask her even if he knew the answer. His voice was pained and confused, though not without a fair amount of excitement. But fear seemed more prevalent than anything else, and he leaned to nose her face again tenderly. "I didn't think it would be possible..."

Silent I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Wynn
08-10-2014, 03:29 PM

She watched his reaction and when he asked if she was certain, she couldn't help but laugh. Her laugh was enough to make the most evil person in the world crack a smile. Green eyes twinkled with her happiness and she gave him a reassuring nuzzle. While she tried to answer him, a laugh snuck its way into her words. "Yes, yes my dear," she said, words reassuring like her nuzzle. "I am more than positive that we are pregnant."
As Bronze relaxed and seemed somewhat elated, she heard him voice his incredulous opinion of such a thing. Silent lightly shrugged and leaned into him. "I guess we are still here for a reason...Who knew that such a reason would be this!" Silent couldn't hold back another laugh, so it became contagious and spread through her old, yet slender frame. "I can't wait to see the looks on everyone's faces when we tell them...Especially our children. Oh, Bronze, this announcement will be grand."

"talking"

Bronze i

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
-
08-10-2014, 05:34 PM

Bronze hadn't felt afraid to have children since their first litter. What might this mean for Silent -- and for him? He was not afraid for the children, but for her. Despite what happened to them, Bronze knew that however many children they were having, they would be raised well and would be content. But what of Silent? The risks at having children at such an age were numerous, and he knew that death was a possibility if anything went wrong. A whine left his lips, despite her lighthearted laughter, and slowly he shook his head. "But..." he started, a bit of protest creeping into his bass tones, confusion welling up in his gaze. "This could be very dangerous, Silent." But it wasn't like they had any choice, or could somehow reverse what they had done. A gentle sigh left his lips as he found his nose trailing along the outline of her jaw again, wondering what this meant for them.

It was a one in a million chance, and yet somehow, it had happened. Perhaps there was a reason for it, but Bronze was inclined to think it was merely a random outcome. "Wow," he breathed softly, a slight smile playing at his dark lips. The confusion and worry seemed to fade slightly, giving way to surprise and joy at the revelation. "You are amazing, my love." They were more than a decade old, and yet there were having children again. A soft chuckle found its way from his clenched throat. "I wonder how many there will be..."

Silent I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Wynn
08-14-2014, 10:46 PM

Bronze still remained serious and Silent's smile faded. "I know it will be dangerous, but I can't take back what nature wanted me...us...to have." Her eyes met his and she placed her paw over his. "We will work through what cards have been dealt and I know that it may be rockier this time." She gave a gentle squeeze of his paw and a gentle sigh. "Besides, we have the best healers in the whole world in our pack. Ara, Novel, and Faolan will be there if something happens to me."
He then voiced disbelief and she couldn't help but gently nuzzle his cheek. "I'm only as amazing as I am because I am with you." What she said was true. "Your love has kept me going this long and I don't know what I would do without you by my side and in my heart." Emerald eyes shimmered as she continued to lay it on thick. "I haven't had a single regret in my life and having you here with me for this future miracle leaves me speechless." He then wondered how many there would be and she gently shrugged. "Who knows. I can handle any number." That was a big overstatement, but she meant it regardless.

Speech

Bronze i

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
-
08-18-2014, 08:08 AM

His initial reaction had been shock and disbelief, coupled with regret. She'd been in heat, and despite their advanced ages he knew he should've restrained himself. It had always been a possibility, though the chance had been slim at best. Though he hadn't felt joy upon first hearing the news, he found a smile toying with his lips at Silent's obvious happiness. How could he be upset with her? A gentle rumble left his throat as he nosed her neck, eyes briefly closing as he considered the predicament they had found themselves in. He'd never expected to be raising children again. It was not daunting, but he found himself wondering if it would be fair to them; who knew how much longer he had left. Even still, he knew his older children would be more than willing to raise any younger siblings they might have, if the worse happened.

"You're right," he agreed at her words of encouragement. There was little use worrying -- he could not prevent what might happen. and he knew Silent would be well cared for throughout the entire process. "I love you, Silent Shadow," he whispered with husky tones, lapping gently at her throat. "And though I certainly will not regret having these children, I do think that we should avoid making love next spring." His voice was light and full of jest, and he laughed softly as he nipped at her ear. Perhaps they wouldn't even make it that far, but it was a risk he wouldn't be willing to take again.